[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It can't be helped. I guess it's time for me to resort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: That.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
That.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
It can't be helped.

I guess it's time for me to resort to 'that'.
>>
>>143602005
The only people who don't resort to their certain kill move first are people who've never been in an actual fight to the death before.

thats like going to war with an M16 and a handgun, and at a range of 300 yards pulling out the handgun and engaging an ak47 with it for a few minutes before resorting to "that" you know, the M16. All you've managed to do is allow yourself to be targeted and put under a sword of damocles, hoping the other person can't shoot you until you get "serious"

Idiots like that deserve to be killed before they can use "That"
>>
>>143602172
The commonly used excuse it that the enemy needs to be hurt in order for it to have any chance of hitting, but if you've already managed to hurt the opponent, and he's slowed down, why take chances and give him such a huge opening?
>>
>>143602172
But what if 'that' requires a lot of energy and has significant drawbacks? Some fighters may prefer not to waste all their energy if they're fighting multiple opponents in a row.
>>
>>143602319
>I didn't want to use it
>it can't be helped
>against an opponent like you...!
>guess its time to get serious
>I was just playing around
>its time to show you my true strength
>from this moment on... I'm invincible!
>to think you would force me this far...!
>>
>>143602005
Ketchup?
>>
>>143602475
>Some fighters may prefer not to waste all their energy if they're fighting multiple opponents in a row.
Which is why proper tournaments give the participants some recovery time between every match.
And if it's not a tournament but an actual battle, then they shouldn't be waiting for their turn to fight anyway.
>>
>>143602172
>Author realizes that the fight is too one-sided

It's time to introduce an 'asspull'
>>
File: THAT.gif (564 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
THAT.gif
564 KB, 480x270
>>143602005
You mean this?
>>
File: Shizuru checking dat ass out.jpg (42 KB, 287x349) Image search: [Google]
Shizuru checking dat ass out.jpg
42 KB, 287x349
>>143602005
Shizuru.

Move out and fuck that key up.
>>
>>143602812
That is one powerful technique.
>>
File: cover.png (167 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
167 KB, 400x400
>>143602005
The actual threads are a little wild for for me so I'll just drop this here. Kotori best voice. I knew that voice sounded familiar but I had to connect the dots to realize it was Chiwa Saito. Feels nice to hear the voice of my waifu again.
>>
>>143602319
>The commonly used excuse it that the enemy needs to be hurt in order for it to have any chance of hitting, but if you've already managed to hurt the opponent, and he's slowed down, why take chances and give him such a huge opening?
if you've hurt a foe enough to slow them down, you've pretty much won the fight

And any finishing move that requires you to stand around defenseless while your foe can act is not a finishing move, it's suicide.

>>143602475
>But what if 'that' requires a lot of energy and has significant drawbacks? Some fighters may prefer not to waste all their energy if they're fighting multiple opponents in a row.

that would be the same as "rationing" your ammunition on a battlefield. Maybe there are multiple foes to fight, at the same time, too many to use "THAT" against all of them. First of all if you're outnumbered on a battlefield your last concern should be rationing your strength. Once it's no longer a 1v1 fight your odds of survival drop significantly. if you don't go all out from the beginning to reduce the other side's forces quickly, you'll be dead before you get a chance to "fight seriously" Basically you are already in a shit situation. rationing your strength doesn't make it better, if anything it makes it worse.

That's not to say a skilled fighter hasn't been able to fight his way out of a badly outnumbered situation, it happens from time to time. I've read some fascinating stories from english soldiers in the Crimean War, and from an Frenchman in Japan during the 1800s. the englishman wrote of how his unit was ambushed by a much larger russian unit, and eventually it turned into a 1 vs 20 situation for the survivors, cut off from support and help. They were out of ammo, and were forced to engage the russians with swords and bayonets. He was one of 3 men who survived, though it sounds like it was mostly due to the fact he was basically fighting unskilled peasants.
>>
>>143602172
That's why we no longer send soldier to war but instead nuke everything, by your logic.
>>
>>143602172
If you reveal your full capabilities in some unimportant fight, your enemies will take note of them and will be able to plan a counter beforehand. Planning is important.
>>
>>143603616
>That's why we no longer send soldier to war but instead nuke everything, by your logic.

nukes have massive geopolitical and environmental side effects that make their use more complex than how you're painting it in context to my answer.
>>
>>143603848
The same is true for THAT.
>>
>>143603936
THAT doesn't always have to cause massive environmental damage.
>>
>>143603488
A better analogy would be calling in an airstrike danger close. The better solution would have been to eliminate enemies with small arms or LAVs, but since "it can't be helped" then "that" is used.
>>
>>143604216
But there are always side effects because nothing exists in a bubble. Maybe it causes the user to pass out. Maybe it has a permanent cost. Maybe using to too much gives other people more opportunities to look for counters.

Thinking that every fight existing in a bubble where you always bust out the biggest guns first is naive.
>>
>>143604622
A nuke is meant to be a last resort anyways. The user should be aware the immediate and after effects of using a nuke.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.