[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This goofy fuck is in every version of Berserk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 345345345.png (1 MB, 1366x581) Image search: [Google]
345345345.png
1 MB, 1366x581
Why does anime gravitate towards this kind of cookie-cutter, it-writes-itself bullcrap?

Compared to the cost and work of actually animating, it is so easy to get rid of dumb filler like this.
>>
From the thumbnail I thought you were talking about skull knight, which was confusing.
>>
>>133394363
Ah, I made an effort to find a good full body shot of him in the manga, but I'm coming down with the flu so I just grabbed this.

Bump
>>
if every porkchop were perfect we wouldn't have hotdogs

he's just there to make everyone else better in comparison
>>
>>133395748
Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking how hamfisted and deterring it was to use this clown to play Guts off of, to make him look like a badass. The manga didn't do it in quite such poor taste

Having this guy feature so prominently throughout this arc takes away from the general tone. I really like alot of the humor in Berserk, but not this character.
>>
>>133395748
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>133396762
He might be goofy but he's strong, him and the fatass knight are actually great ways to show how strong Guts is.
>>
>>133393834
Adon's not filler. The Bakiraka are filler and they were omitted from everything aside from the manga, thank god.
>>
>>133395748
This
>>
File: 1394987604675.png (360 KB, 709x401) Image search: [Google]
1394987604675.png
360 KB, 709x401
>>133393834
The technique that lets him stay in Berserk has been passed down through the Kobritz family for over five generations!

Also, that whole bit involving him, Casca, and Guts is kinda important for character development.
>>
Is Post-Eclipse Arc just not interesting to Japan? I'd like to see the later arcs get animated some day.
>>
File: St_mozgus_of_Albion_by_vee209.jpg (261 KB, 900x1201) Image search: [Google]
St_mozgus_of_Albion_by_vee209.jpg
261 KB, 900x1201
>>133403248
Yeah, me too. I'd love to see the current crew animated. Or Mozgus. That would be amazing.

I heard they were going to keep on going with those 3D movies but I haven't heard anything in awhile.
>>
>>133403248
This baffles me as well. We've seen no small number of pre-eclipse adaptations. ADMITTEDLY, doing post-eclipse kind of obligates you to chain off a pre-eclipse adaptation because it just doesn't have the same impact otherwise. You won't know Guts' deal properly, you won't know how sorta not fucked the world was before it got fucked.
>>
>>133393834

He's comic relief. He's specifically a parody of Shonen style heroes with secret techniques. Except this isn't a shonen series so he just is some delusional idiot.
>>
>>133403424
>>133403248

I thin it was the tv show that originally made it popular to begin with. Then the comic came out so slowly that there was no point making a season 2 for years.

Then when they made a new animation project, they did a film trilogy of the Golden Age arc, probably because it was so long since the show. But they were so bad and the movies bombed so we're never getting anything after that.
>>
>>133403248
It's not that the post-eclipse arcs aren't good or interesting
it's just that the Golden Age arc is a masterpiece
>>
>>133406273
Conviction is better than the Golden Age
>>
>>133393834
Because cutting him would fuck with Guts' and Casca's dynamic a lot.
>>
>>133406273
The Eclipse was a hell of a thing to read for the first time when I'd never seen anything like that in manga, but now I just think it's good. I should reread, but I think >>133406296 is right. It's probably not the best part in Berserk and definitely not the best in manga.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.