[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/, I am conflicted. on one hand >easily one of the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
/a/, I am conflicted.
on one hand
>easily one of the best looking series to date visually, with an elegant classical backdrop
and on the other
>terrifyingly boring with little to nothing actually happening

is there ever ACTUAL mystery, in my mystery anime?
>>
>>133132602
>mystery anime
>>
>>133132602
>only on episode two
>having attention issues

Seek therapy and medicine.
>>
A mistake of a show. Poorly adapted, pretentious garbage. Tried and failed salvation through skillful animation. KyoAni wasted their time.
>>
>>133132707
-2/10
>>
File: 1440264629077.jpg (29 KB, 361x385) Image search: [Google]
1440264629077.jpg
29 KB, 361x385
>>133132707
>>
>>133132602
It's probably just too subtle for you to pick up in the first few episodes. But the overarcing mystery is Chitanda and Sayaka each cleverly manipulating and trying to win over Oreki to their way of viewing the world, and to their side romantically, basically.
>>
>>133132602
No, the mysteries are all mundane shit that get in the way. The good parts are slice of life moments about a self-absorbed fag learning to be less self-absorbed. So it gets "better" after it gets worse, but if you don't immediately like the characters, just drop it, it's not worth seeing through.
>>
If you actually unironically think it's boring and nothing happens you don't understand it, which is pretty sad considering its pretty damn obvious about its themes.
>>
>>133132909
is "wanting to fuck a character" the same as "immediately liking a character"?
>>
>>133132602
Just soak in the atmosphere

The episode explaining the teacher going hiking and dying on the mountain or some shit was fucking retarded though
>>
Hyouka is not a mystery, it's a slice of life show where people ask a lot of boring questions.
>>
>>133132979
Fuck you, I love that episode.
>>
>>133133108
What about the episode of why the teacher was angry? really a masterpiece
>>
>>133132602

Shit taste detected.
>>
>>133132602
The point of the mysteries is to fuel character interaction. If you keep going and you get to the Kanya Festa arc, you'll understand that it's very good at doing this.

Also, Hyouka gets better if you rewatch it, because you can catch lots of details that you wouldn't in the first run.
>>
>>133132602
Drop it before terrifying ending. And delete.
>>
I want to fuck bedhead Oreki, christ he is adorable.
>>
>>133134400
The ending is the best part you goon.
>>
>>133132602
>boring
I wonder, are people that use this word as legitimate criticism even aware of the fact that it insults their own intelligence?
>>
>>133132602
What's an "actual mystery" to you?
>>
>>133134547
>Terrifying
The ending was 3good6him
>>
>>133132602
Its really boring until they get to the festival arc. I tried to rewatch it but I didn't even make it through the first episode.
Its a shame because it looks really nice.
>>
>>133134403
I genuinely believe he's the most fuckable anime boy ever made.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (708 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif
708 KB, 500x281
>>133133543

>they spent the good half of an episode to conclude a teacher mixed up a couple of letters
>>
Second episode legitimately made me fall asleep. 10/10 would recommend as sleep aid.
>>
I feel you OP, i nearly slept in the beginning episodes but can't remember which episode but it gets good in the school festival arc.
>>
>>133134403
>Coalgirls
>720p

Jeez nigger why are you retarded?
>>
>>133132602
>terrifyingly boring

I started watching it just to see if the show was really boring as /a/ said.
Oh, boy, was I surprised.
>>
>>133132602
I really like the show and didn't find it boring, but that's just like my opinion man.

As for ACTUAL mystery, Hyouka isn't really one. If you want mystery watch Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider from this season. It's quite good.
>>
>>133132602
>kids solving a real mistery
it would be a piece of shit if that was the case
>>
File: SleepInfoPic.jpg (146 KB, 450x311) Image search: [Google]
SleepInfoPic.jpg
146 KB, 450x311
>mfw watching Hyouka
>>
There's plenty happening and they research and solve things all the time. I don't really understand how this is boring unless looking at explosions is as much as you can handle mentally.
>>
>>133138935
The mysteries themselves aren't really that interesting.
Nobody cares about figuring out why the door was locked, or why the teacher was mad.
Hyouka's main draw is the visuals and festival arc.
>>
>>133138502
Funny, that's my face when watching Bakeshit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.