[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I accidently stumbled upon this manga Is it good? Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: billy-bat-1038704.jpg (75 KB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
billy-bat-1038704.jpg
75 KB, 1200x848
So I accidently stumbled upon this manga

Is it good? Should I read it?
>>
>>133128228
Read Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Pluto first (all by the same mangaka), then hope that BB is finished by the time you're done.

Urasawa's plot lines will drive you to madness unless you can complete them.
>>
>>133128228
Micky Mouse is both the Devil and God, and both crucification of Jesus Christ and rise of Hitler were his deeds.

And I bet you think I'm bull shitting.
>>
in the latest chapter, tezuka gets his hand cut off by sandniggers.

and disney plans to go to war against china and russia.
>>
>>133128228
a lot of historical injokes and references. It's quite a lot of fun, however do this first >>133128302
because reading an ongoing Urasawa manga can be quite confusing and exhausting, as sometimes he takes longer breaks for research
>>
>>133128820
I know that it's incredibly silly to ask given how 20CB went, but is he even halfway done?
>>
>>133129377
i would say yes, however it is hard to tell as usual with his manga. You know, some questions are being answered however then more questions appear. Though it seems like the final villain(not counting the magic bullshit) was now introduced
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 740x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 740x1100
>>133128228
I've been meaning to read this for a while.
>>
>>133128228
It's his Urasawa's only entertaining manga.
Excluding Pluto, since that's based on Tezuka.
>>
>>133129760
I would say we're well past it, considering he's starting to show Kevin around 2015 and they're starting to reveal what's up with the cave.

I might be wrong, but I think Urasawa is not gonna go to the future with this plot. At least I hope not. I think that was part of what killed 20CB for me.
>>
>>133132402
Monster is pretty entertaining
>>
>>133128302
Happy! is really fun as well. Not anything like the others but give it a shot as well
>>
File: xAPv34n.jpg (27 KB, 823x353) Image search: [Google]
xAPv34n.jpg
27 KB, 823x353
>>133128228
this is probably the best "characters" list I've ever seen
>>
>>133128228
All of his work is God-Tier for Seinen.

So yes, it's good, but like many anons have said, read his other work first since this one will take a bit of time to finish.
>>
>>133134247
>tfw all these historical figures

Based as fuck.
>>
>>133128228
Wait until it ends and marathon it.
>>
>>133128228
Pretty much anything by Urasawa is worth reading, though most people consider Monster to be the best if you haven't read that yet.

Billy Bat's main timeline starts in the 1940s (there are plenty of flashback to even earlier times) and has finally caught up explicitly to the present day (2014/2015), so it seems to be drawing closer to an end.

Involves lots of crazy shit over the years.
> moon landing
> rise of hitler
> WTC attacks
> ancient ninja clan stuff
> francis xavier
> gubb'mint conspiracies everywhere
> japanese railroad murders in the 40s/50s over control of land
> ...

Would definitely recommend.
>>
>>133128569
Sounds amazing.

My favorite from Urasawa is Pluto. What a masterpiece. Gesicht is the MC I have read in a long time. And doing all of that in just 8 volumes was very amazing.
>>
>>133128228
Billy Bat is retarded. The story is fine at the beginning but then it goes all over the place and eventually you'll wonder what the fuck the characters are even trying to accomplish.
>>
>>133135638
>The story is fine at the beginning but then it goes all over the place and eventually you'll wonder what the fuck the characters are even trying to accomplish.
Seriously? It's a mystery, you're SUPPOSED to wonder what's going on. Going all over the place before tying it all together is Urusawa's style and he does it extremely well.
>>
>>133132402

No love for 20th C boys. I thought it was pretty enjoyable
>>
>>133136963

20th century boy got really bad in the latter half of the manga
>>
>>133136963
20CB is hot trash-
>>
>>133128228
You should read it in between shoe shines.

OP is good. He'll spit shine your shoes up so nice, they'll look like fuckin' mirrors.
>>
Don't real Urasawa's manga before it's finished.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.