[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you describe their relationship? Does he love her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
How would you describe their relationship? Does he love her?
>>
>having a gf
>loving someone else
but thats a sin
>>
no, he doesn't
he explicitly says it's simple lust.

did you not watch the rest of monogatari?
>>133083036
>>
>>133114564
Araragi has never been much of a reliable narrator. His actions kind of contradict his words.
>>
>>133114628
Has he ever been contradictory for anything other than comedic effect?
>>
>>133114784
Literally the simply lust scene, where he says it to justify helping her without admitting he cares about her.
>>
Crab= GF
Cat= Lusts after but would never go there
Bat= Master/Slave/Master
Monkey= Bros
Snake= Unimportant
Snail= Molestation Target #1
Bird= Molestation Target #2
Bee= Fuck buddies for life
Doll= Doll
Math= Hatesex one day probably
>>
File: araragi-koyomi-tiger.png (481 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
araragi-koyomi-tiger.png
481 KB, 600x337
>>133114439
She's his platonic love. That's it, dunno why you people are so dumb that you can't realize what a platonic love is.

>>133114839
>Lusts after but would never go there
>Lusts after
You clearly didn't understand the part where he lies it's all because lust right?

He doesn't love her like he loves Crab (like a lover, girlfriend, etc), he loves Hanekawa like some sort of Idol/thing he can't have(he can but he chooses not to because of his headcanon of her). He has this perfect ideal of her and even if he knows it's not how she is he chooses to ignore it.
Famous example and recurring dialogue is the
>You know everything
And she answers
>I only know what I know
Araragi genuinely thinks/believes that in the end Hanekawa will know everything.

It's a fun and interesting relationship and it honestly bothers me when people try to "ship" them together, simply because that's not the dynamic they have.
>>
>>133114839
What about Shadow?
>>
>>133114825

Moreover he gets called out even by Oshino for trying to play off how he felt at the end of Black.

He is overjoyed when she asks him out on a date in Tsubasa Song, which takes place after Bake but before Nise. He keeps the braids he cut off her during the date in his room even at present.

That and literally says she is like a second mother in Nise, but that was omitted from the anime.

And then he has a little scene where he tearfully begs her to stay at the airport in Owari, before she sets off for her travels. Latches onto her legs and everything.

Basically, he is romantically attached to his girlfriend, but even his girlfriend knows Hanekawa is especially irreplaceable to him.
>>
>>133115513
masturbatory
>>
this series became shit after hanamonogatari.
>>
>>133114439
They will always love each other anon, even if not together right now.
>>
>>133115534
>Crabfags will deny all this
>>
>>133115726
Bulls-eye anon.

That's the perk of one living an inhuman super long life and the other living basically forever.
>>
>>133115804
Is Hanekawa confirmed from being super powered then?

I thought it was left to interpretation?
>>
>>133115726
I don't think anyone unironically could not see this.
Hanekawa and Araragi will be a couple in the future, be it 10, 30 or 50 years after the last book.
It's just not their time atm.
>>
Having Hanakawa as a girlfriend would be shit because she's too smart and upper-crust, too perfect. It would be impossible to be with her and not feel completely inferior/out of her league.

Best to go for someone like snake who would view you as a god.
>>
>>133115907
Inferiority complexes are not forever anon.
>>
>>133115907
Pretty sure someone with such low self-esteem would go full beta and wonder why would Snake love someone so pathetic like him or something like that, so that wouldn't work wither.
Actually, your best bet is Crab, since she will just call you a shit.
>>
>>133115907

>Those cat attributes
>Not perfect

You ought to improve yourself to be on Cat's caliber. What's wrong about that?
>>
>>133115534
I mean, not like Senjougahara isn't similarly attached to her.
>>
>>133115907
>too perfect
yea, maybe for A FUCKING INFERIOR PERSON
>>
>>133116007
Hitagi wants to fuck Tsubasa
>>
Cat goes to bat for Araragi more than his crabby girlfriend does

Cat deserves a place in a 3-way. not to mention araragi and crab both want to know that unknown softness. well, actually, crab already knows how soft it is due to shower molestation
>>
>>133116313
Hitagi wants to fuck everyone
>>
>>133115546
Honestly it seems like Shaft's inner jew came out and they're trying really hard to stretch out the series now.

Read the books if you're that interested.
>>
>>133116313
crab already fucked hanekawa in the shower
>>
>>133115907
But isn't that the great thing?

She's out of your league and yet you're with her.
>>
>>133115907
Then you just have to git gud
>>
>>133115907
what if i don't consider myself an inferior loser
>>
>>133118394
You aren't a superhuman so whether you consider it or not you're inferior to most of the cast of the show, including her.
>>
>>133114439
He loves her oppai. Everything else is completely platonic
>>
>>133115907
>cat
>perfect

But she's a shit.
>>
>>133118429
i understand that but clearly i'm worth something, especially if she loves me
>>
Where does Owari fit in the timeline? I thought Hanekawa is chasing Oshino around the world or something
>>
>>133114439
Their relationship truly is intriguing. I do have the impression that he loves her and it'd explain why Crab fears her like that.
>>
>>133114439
Yes, he loves her. He'll never admit it though.
>>
>>133118557
You can be inferior to a godlike being and feel as such without being or feeling worthless. There's a big stretch of applicable stances between those two points.
>>
>>133118653
Between Tsubasa Tiger and Nadeko Medusa, right before she leaves.
>>
File: 1446532696418.jpg (61 KB, 876x960) Image search: [Google]
1446532696418.jpg
61 KB, 876x960
>>133114839
>Snail= Molestation Target #1
>>
Can LN readers properly describe their relationship?
>>
Wasn't there a scene in the LNs where Crab and Hanekawa made out in front of Araragi or am I horribly misremembering something?
>>
File: ararararara.jpg (43 KB, 704x792) Image search: [Google]
ararararara.jpg
43 KB, 704x792
>>133115038
I'm okay with all of that except that he does lust for her but he would never go there because he wouldn't want to ruin that precious relationship they have, whatever it may be
>>
He loves her romantically but he loves Senjougahara more.
The fact Senjougahara tries to become more like Hanekawa means she's aware Hanekawa has what Araragi wants.
>>
>>133119168
Assuming you mean between Hanekawa and Araragi, their relationship is a little complicated. To start from the most basic, they clearly have a great deal of concern for each other. Not much needs to be said about this. From Hanekawa's perspective, she likes Araragi, and at one point daydreamed about marrying him (Araragi Tsubasa). She is attracted to his forthrightness and sense of justice, which given her obsession with correctness at one point makes sense. At one point, he acted as her mental support and represented to her the hope of a life away from her parents. This, in addition to her inability to value herself and pathological desire for correctness is why she came to aid Araragi so suicidal during Spring Break. As she grew up though, she came to terms with her own failings and, being no longer dependent him him for mental support, came to see his weaknesses. She still likes him in the romantic way but in a far less dependent manner and has come to see his weaknesses. We only ever get one book from her perspective and it doesn't really deal with Araragi.

From Araragi's perspective, Hanekawa sits at God's right hand, and is in many ways the definition of perfection, with even her flaws having some value. This is probably somewhat exaggerated by his narration which is often unreliable and self-deprecating. He knows that this image is unrealistic and in a way secretly blames himself for not seeing past the facade to the broken bird inside. Hanekawa kept telling him she doesn't know anything to remind him but in some ways, it's become just a reflection of her humility rather than something that has meaning from Araragi's perspective. Araragi liked her back when he didn't really know her, at least partially due to lust. He is honest enough with himself with regards to that. After Shinobu and Golden Week though, he came to know her better, and liked her as a person on a deeper level. (Continued)
>>
File: 1446476970873.jpg (104 KB, 737x742) Image search: [Google]
1446476970873.jpg
104 KB, 737x742
>>133114839
>Math= Hatesex
>>
>>133122220
Despite this, Araragi's understanding of Hanekawa made him believe that there is an insurmountable gap between the two of them in terms of ability despite her weaknesses. He always considered Hanekawa as someone destined to change the world while he himself was decidedly average (hah). Additionally, his own feelings of indebtedness, guilt over his own failure to understand her prior to Golden Weekend and the cost that imposed, and his suspicion of his own motivations, since he knows they began with lust, made it impossible for him to make the first move. With Hanekawa also not taking action, Senjogahara established herself as the girlfriend character, because Araragi had no reason to reject her. That said Hanekawa always had first claim if not emotionally, especially later on, then by priority. Senjougahara also knows this, which was why she was so terrified when Hanekawa threatened to confess to Araragi. At the end, at where we are now though, Araragi probably no longer regards Hanekawa romantically, but he still respects her is deeply concerned for her as a friend given all that they have been through.

That's pretty much it I think.
>>
>>133114439
Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>133116459
Koyomi has the chance to discover the softness either but he fucked up.
Oh well might be too early but you can refer to Kizu.
>>
>>133115907
>Not reading Shiro
Oh wait everyone else doesn't either.
>>
File: 1444410864830.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1444410864830.gif
2 MB, 500x281
daily reminder 'bout best girl
>>
>>133115907
>Implying crab is not "too perfect" for you
>>
>>133122390
Did Senjougahara ever find out that Hanekawa confessed to Araragi at the end of Tsubasa Tiger? Kind of a dick move right there.
>>
>>133114439
He worships her.
She loves him.
>>
>>133122823
I don't think so. No one present had the motivation to blab. On the other hand, Hanekawa still has the option. I think Koyomi knew Hanekawa well enough to know that the love she confesses is a remnant of her past, fractured self, and not really the kind of love that builds stable relationships. She needed that rejection to move past her dependency on him and her past self. If she were to do it again, Araragi will probably hesitate more, as he will know that this confession comes from her genuine feelings, especially if she words it strongly enough.
>>
>>133114439
Playing cat
>>
>>133114628
He literally says it to her face in the first arc of Second Season.
>>
File: 1401812577161.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1401812577161.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>133115907
If you ever feel bad about cat being too perfect and feel inferior to her, you can just beat her up to vent and you'll feel much better.

She'll understand. After all, she's used to it.
>>
File: araragi.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
araragi.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>133122220
>>133122390
Perfect.
>>
>>133122220
>>133122390
Fuck it's almost 4am and now that I'm reading this again, I realise how bad the writing is. Curse you tiny 4chan reply window for being so conducive for proof reading!
>>
>>133114439
Childish
>>
>>133123016

She knows, Hitagi and her talk about it in the month she stays with her after Tiger.

And that confession was her genuine feelings, because she wanted an answer from Araragi all along, it was more than her being independant, she tells you in Tiger why she fell for him and it was actually pretty interesting.

Her letting go was her asking if it was okay to her to be herself, because Araragi had been the one who depended on her, and told her to keep the facade in Black, and be his guide/savior forever. He looked cool at the end of Tiger, but it was only because he finally gave her the answer he should have given back in Golden Week. It's why she says in the beginning that her story is a betrayal against Araragi.

It was a growth period for them both, not just Hanekawa.
>>
>>133124129
Nice. It's been a while and I've just started reading Owarimonogatari. Details like these help with the characterization.
>>
>>133114839
>>Bee= Fuck buddies for life
But she's his sister.
>>
>>133114439
He indeed mentioned he's in love with her but quite differently from how he loves crab.
>>
>>133122574
When is she going to fuck Ougi?
>>
>>133124675
Do you even arararagi?
>>
>>133120638

Hitagi just really likes her.

Shaft cut out the part in Formula that the two go out on lunch dates without him and it depresses him.
>>
>>133123317
Cat is for loving, not bullying.
>>
>>133124987
SHAFT cuts out a lot of that stuff. It cuts out the Senjougahara/Kanbaru stuff too.
>>
>>133114439
Jesus Christs Catfags, stop being so obsessed about them. They have been acting like old friend every time since Tsubasa Tiger happened, yet you keep forcing this shit. Even the lolis had more romantic interactions than Hanekawa. Just deal with it and stop shitposting.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.