[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Fate Series (no spoilers please)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 180x280
So I just finished watching Fate/Zero, I've never watched the fate series and that's what someone told me to watch first.

Apparently I've fucked up, now while trying to find the order in which to watch Fate/Night and UBW, I learned that what I did was a really bad idea and spoils all the major plot twists.

Did I fuck up that bad?
>>
You fucked up bad but it could be worse.

Read the Visual Novel now.

There is yet hope for you, and you will like what you will get.
>>
Yep, it's too late now.
Might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>133102678
Not related to OP but I've played the Fate/Stay night original VN and nothing else.

Where would be the best place for me to start on the anime?
>>
Just don't touch the seires at this point.
You have fucked up so badly you don't even know.
>>
I'm gonna be honest with you, just stop here. You'll probably just be disappointed that stay night isn't enough like zero. going from zero to night is a lot harder than going from night to zero
>>
The only things F/Z spoils are in Heaven's Feel which hasn't been animated yet
You can go from Zero to UBW and then read the other two routes, the old DEEN anime is better off skipped
>>
>>133102776
>Played a vn
>Not read

You should definitely watch Fate/Zero and avoid ubw. Try reading Tsukihime next. Then once you are finished you can enjoy the god tier typemoon series Carnival Phantasm.
>>
File: sakura10.png (76 KB, 224x273) Image search: [Google]
sakura10.png
76 KB, 224x273
You dun goofed, OP. Consequences will never be the same.
>>
Shirou is the white man
>>
>>133102830

this op.

You're a fucking moron, should've played the God damned visual novel first.

You've fucked everything beyond imagining now, it's not even even fucking remotely imaginable.
>>
File: 703b2e55gw1dt97ie90ppj.jpg (173 KB, 744x1056) Image search: [Google]
703b2e55gw1dt97ie90ppj.jpg
173 KB, 744x1056
You should probably just give up at the point, you're really supposed to use F/SN to build up to the Zero, but since you've already seen zero there isn't really much of a reason to watch F/SN.

>>133102869
>reading video games

wut?
>>
If you watch f/z first everything else will be disappointing in comparison
>>
>>133102678
Archer is Shirou.
>>
File: 1433166821945.jpg (936 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1433166821945.jpg
936 KB, 1000x750
>>133102776
Go read hollow ataraxia
You don't have to watch shit. If you liked UBW, go ahead and give it a gander. If you want to watch Zero go ahead and watch Zero or since you're not illiterate read the zero LN translations either is fine. Personally I say go have some fun and play extra or read tsukihime & kagetsu tohya play some melty blood.
>>
Going from F/Z to F/N just makes you wish it was F/Z.
>>
File: Cave_of_time.jpg (58 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
Cave_of_time.jpg
58 KB, 245x400
>>133102929
Be honest here, do you actually think VN's are games?
They're just choose your own adventure books in digital form.
>>
>>133102678
Shirou is the red man.
Shinji is the blue man.
Sakura is best girl.
People die when they're killed.
Because you're correct doesn't mean you're right.
>>
>no spoilers please

you are more likely to get spoilers now that you said that
>>
File: 021.jpg (98 KB, 1268x713) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
98 KB, 1268x713
>>133102929
Visual novels are the electronic equivalent of those "Choose your story" books. You wouldn't say that you "played" those books, but read them. Because of the electronic medium and the necessity of user interaction to continue to progress in the story makes the distinction hazy, but the norm is to use terminology associated more with books than games. When you think "game" there's the connotation that it'll be something with far more interaction than is present in a VN.
>>
File: 004.png (407 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
004.png
407 KB, 852x480
>>133103233
>People die when they're killed.
>>
File: 9c0a0047gw1dt653adsc3j.jpg (188 KB, 834x1052) Image search: [Google]
9c0a0047gw1dt653adsc3j.jpg
188 KB, 834x1052
>>133103292
Not sure what you mean by adventure books, but I presume it's some kind of variant on the book, where you can pick some choices that will redirect you to different page depending upon what you pick/your stats/dice are, in which case I'd probably say I played these books, they are quite similar to D&D in my opinion and the way person interacts with them certainly resembles a game more than it actually does reading a story itself. Of course that different visual novels have different ways of interacting and some are way closer to just straightforward story then others, but the genre is still a video game in its core.
>>133103146
I'd say I probably played them, never really gotten much into them, but I think I came across them in the past.
>>
>>133103635

>where you can pick some choices that will redirect you to different page depending upon what you pick/your stats/dice are

I had a Famous 5 book like that. It was fucking amazing
>>
>>133102843
That's the problem I had.

Visual novel purists or not, I don't regret watching Zero first. I just haven't been that interested in the shonen-esque style of the rest of the Fate series.
>>
>>133102969
I disagree, I saw zero first without knowing any better, and the VN as a whole was much better. It's just people who don't understand what the word prequel means, and then complain that the questions they got weren't answered after watching an anime adaptation of one third of the story, or think the maturity of a work is directly related to the character's average age.
>>
>>133102678
The plot twists in Fate aren't that great anyway.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.