[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fujino's acts up till the fifth victim were murder. Killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: rmsp.jpg (10 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
rmsp.jpg
10 KB, 188x268
Fujino's acts up till the fifth victim were murder. Killing anyone beyond that was massacre.

Why is 5 victims the cut-off point for murder to massacre? Why is Kara no Kyoukai full of these pretentious attempts at philosophy?
>>
Cause it's garbage
>>
>>133092489
Type moon shit yo
>>
>>133092489
>Taking untranslatable japanese wordplay seriously.
>>
>philosophy

VanGaal, is that you?
>>
Because it's a fucking awful series?
>>
>>133092489
Clearly because Nasu wrote it when he was semi-homeless, got Mahoyo rejected from publishing and he mooching off his buddy Takeuchi.
>>
The only good movie is 5. The rest is pure shit. I dropped it at 6.
>>
>>133093033
No, 5 isn't even good because there's no fucking reason for Shiki to have figured out the mechanism of the elevator. She doesn't even know why she figured it out, it's never explained or given reason, she just somehow magically knows that the elevator is spinning because she's a godawful Mary Sue character that knows better than everyone and can do no wrong.

That's the entirety of KnK, just Shiki being an unlikable fucking godmoding piece of shit excuse for a character that the rest of the cast is in awe of for no good reason. KnK might as well be bottom of the barrel fanfiction for how shitty of a lead Shiki is.
>>
>>133092489
>Why is Kara no Kyoukai full of these pretentious attempts at philosophy?
It's by Nasu so don't even try taking it seriously. He has his head so far up his own ass he actually believes that the shit he writes is clever.
>>
Shows that are actually pretentious:
Kara no Kyoukai
Ergo Proxy
GITS Innocence
>>
>>133092489
It has nothing to do with numbers, it's based on Touko's definition of "Murder" and "Massacre"
>人が互いの尊厳と過去を秤にかけてどちらかを消去した場合のみ、それは殺人
>人を殺した、という意味も罪も背負う
Only when one is eliminated after both sides' pasts and human dignity is weighted on a scale would it be considered "Murder"
They carry on the significance and sin for their act
>殺戮は殺された側は人だが、殺した側には人としての尊厳がない。あとの意味も罪もない
A "Massacre" is when the culprit is a human, but the victim dies without any dignity as a human. There is no meaning to it and no guilt

Up until the fifth person it was "Murder", Fujino had an explicit reason to take revenge on the ones who raped her
After the fifth Fujino was twisting people apart just because
>>
>>133093351
I don't like using the word pretentious since its a buzzword here, but Innocence is the literal definition of pretentious.
>>
>>133093697
Exactly, lots of shows being memed as pretentious on /a/ arent pretentious at all.
>>
>>133092489
Because the fifth victim was totally unrelated and was a guy driving a truck, it doesn't have anything to do with the number, anon.

>>133092997
>>133093125
She actually has a reason to know it. She knows Touko who was the one who designed one of the towers of the apartment, and even explains why she deduced why the two sides are switched following the order that Mikiya used (something that is not shown in the movie because of what the director did with the time frame). And knowing that the elevator is spinning shouldn't be too hard to someone who is on her level, Touko also figures it later so it's nothing special from Shiki.
>>
>>133094065
>She knows Touko who was the one who designed one of the towers of the apartment,

This is somewhat better than the grand piece of nothing that was Shiki's answer of "lol I dunno", but I don't see how knowing somebody who designed an apartment tower logically leads to understanding that an elevator is spinning. It's a line of reasoning that could lead somewhere, but it's still too flimsy to hold up on its own.

>and even explains why she deduced why the two sides are switched following the order that Mikiya used (something that is not shown in the movie because of what the director did with the time frame)

Then I guess this is still a shitty movie, isn't it?

>And knowing that the elevator is spinning shouldn't be too hard to someone who is on her level,

See, this is what fucking bugs me about everything surrounding Shiki. "Someone who is on her level". Not only does this tell me absolutely nothing, she's only "on that level" because she was conceptualized with all the finesse of a 7th grader writing their first fanfic. The series never once gives us any specific reason as to why we should regard her as anything but the creation of someone with an unabashed power fantasy, she's just great because fuck you, that's how she is. She's just on that other level. Because reasons.
>>
>>133093810
Ikuhara's shows are a victim of this if you ask me. I don't think his problem is pretentiousness, I think he's just a fucking weird person who happened to make anime his outlet. I don't ever get the sense that he's trying to appear smarter than he really is even when his shows veer into territory that I don't really get. He just strikes me as an eccentric guy with a lot of ideas.
>>
>pretentious attempts at philosophy
It was so deep for you that you think it's philosophy? Looks like you're stupid.
>>
>>133094302
>Moon rises from the East
>If it is before midnight the Moon should be to your left if you're facing South
>If the elevator had rotated then the Moon would be on the opposite side
>She was suspicious to begin with because of Kokutou's list
>>
>>133095332
See, that's a whole lot better than "Who knows?", isn't it? Now if only Shiki had taken some pointers from you.
>>
>>133092489
You must be extremely retarded if you don't understand how the first five murders differed from the sixth.
>>
It's cute how the first dozen or so replies are ad homs and don't even address the question. Any excuse to pile shit on Nasu around here.
>>
>>133095620
She's an asshole, what'd you expect?
>>
lel /a/ pretending to hate Type-Moon again
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.