[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your issue with dragonball, naruto, yugioh, pokemon, fairy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: shonen.jpg (190 KB, 1024x805) Image search: [Google]
shonen.jpg
190 KB, 1024x805
Whats your issue with dragonball, naruto, yugioh, pokemon, fairy tail, one piece, bleach etc? Yeah they are overrated and attract kiddies, but they can be a loy of fun if not taken seriously, plus they are gateway animes/mangas to better stuff? i just dont get it.
>>
> Dragon Ball
No issue at all, it's a fun series that never tried to be anything more than that.

> Naruto
It tries to be something greater than your average Shounen and fails at it pretty badly. It's fanfiction-tier at one point.

> YGO
Literally nobody cares about anything YGO besides the card game. The only people who follow the anime are either kids or manchildren who can't let go.

> Pokemon
Same as above, but for the games.

> Fairy Tail
Haven't watched it.

> One Piece
Have no issue with it, it's pretty fun.

> Bleach
It's alright, but its fans are always over-analyzing shit, so they piss me off desu.
>>
>>133088187
>dragonball
good
>naruto
shit
>yugioh
shit
>pokemon
the games are good
>fairy tail
shit
>one piece
good
>bleach
shit
>>
>>133088187
Fuck people. I can't stand that it's to embarrassing to ask my crush out bullshit that everyone likes. I'd rather watch Goku, or Luffy smash some fuckers face in.

Also, early one piece is amazing. I still get teary eyed from the enies lobby arc
>>
One Piece is decent but the others are mostly poorly made kids shit really. You kind need the perspective to realise there are so many other better shows out there.

Even with gateway anime, there' great stuff like Bebop or TTGL, depending on your preferences of course.
>>
File: rukes.jpg (25 KB, 431x428) Image search: [Google]
rukes.jpg
25 KB, 431x428
>dragonball
It's a mess after Namek. Toriyama's ideas are still all very likable, but they're just kind of put together inartfully. GT and Super are trash, of course.
>naruto
Part 1 was fine enough. Part 2 (Shippuuden) was just tremendously boring. After Pain the series went full retard.
>fairy tail
Missed Opportunity: The Anime
>one piece
Toei Animation can eat my ass. The adaption is not very good at all, and Oda's been slipping since the timeskip.
>bleach
I have no idea what Kubo thinks he's doing. After Soul Society, it's just random shit happening that no one cares about.

TL;DR: I hate them because they hurt me.
>>
>>133088187
>Dragon Ball
Went downhill after the Piccolo Jr. tournament arc. The Cell and Buu sagas in particular were embarrassingly bad.

>Naruto
Started off promising but tried way too hard to be something it clearly couldn't be.

>YGO
You're joking, right?

>Pokemon
See above

>Fairy Tail
All it has going for it are boobs and butts, everything else sucked.

>One Piece
Really badly paced, way too much focus on laughably bad melodrama

>Bleach
Started off as a decent ripoff of Yu Yu Hakusho, but went downhill fast after the Soul Society arc and is just unwatchable/readable now.
>>
>>133088187 (OP)
>dragonball
Good
>naruto
Asspull untill naruto has wrinkles
>yugioh
As shitty as the hair styles
>pokemon
Every season they try a little harder so I give them credit for that
>fairy tail
One piece but with fire and shit
>one piece
Long piece of shit
>bleach
Ass pulling started after izan battle that was 8 seconds.
>>
>>133089240
ass pulling?
>>
>dragonball
Goku's voice in both english and jap

>naruto
Gave it a try with a few episodes, didn't like any character, nothing seemed to be happening

>yugioh
Apparently Arc V is alright? I'm sure I'd enjoy the series a lot if I was very drunk and watching with some friends, shit is ridiculous.

>pokemon
Ash's voice is unbearable, could not sit through an episode because of it. Watched when I was younger and enjoyed it. Kinda wanna watch now, some of the grills that follow Ash in B/W and X/Y are qts

>fairy tale
Never watched, heard it was awful from here, heard it was great from friends.

>one piece
Art style

>Bleach
Was gonna watch+read this at some point. The manga ended recently didn't it? Heard something along the lines of that.
>>
>>133089636
>animefagging
>>
A good story has a beginning, middle and an end.

When you were a kid and you were like "I'll just make it up as I go along!" - that is what this is. There is no end.
>>
My problem with almost every long running Battle Shounen is that they almost always have a good start and an interesting first few arcs, then eventually devolve into the same generic shit.

Fairy Tail, Reborn, Bleach and Naruto are prime examples of this. All of them had decent starts (Reborn's is debatable, but the Mukuro and Varia arcs were both fairly interesting) but as they keep going they just get worse and worse, the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>133089636
Arc V is the worst by far, arc II or arc III are the best
>>
>>133089725
One Piece was different, with a kind of weak start, but then picking up the pace by the end of East Blue. It held strong for an impressive 600 chapters. Since then (the last 5 years?) it's been been struggling.
>>
>>133089237
There's nothing wrong about the Saiyan arc.
>>
>>133088460
the parts of one piece where toei actually put solid effort in (like the walk to arlong park) are amazing, but so much of the series is low effort and doesn't live up to the quality of the manga that I can't watch it anymore
>>
File: img000046.jpg (698 KB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
img000046.jpg
698 KB, 1720x1236
>>133088229
THis, i totally agree faggot
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.