[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For its time, Evangelion was rather groundbreaking, and was a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: e.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3109) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3109
For its time, Evangelion was rather groundbreaking, and was a major factor in transforming Akiba from "electric town" to "otaku town" and a big influence on anime in general. Nowadays, it remains an pretty good Monster of The Week show with interesting characters and development

Nearly every thread I have see about it results in one of two points being focused on: Shinji was a pussy. FUCK PUSSIES, or, The religious symbolism was meaningless.

The latter is the only thing resembling a fair criticism, but it's still a dumb point. The focus of the series was always on the characters, framed by the events occurring around them, with a general criticism on escapism. I think Eva is substantial as an homage of previous anime as well, not because of the "philosophical underpinnings" or "religious imagery" or what not. Those elements weren't particularly done very well or were very superficial, and generally only served a greater purpose. It understood the core premises behind a lot of popular anime, and what drew fans to those anime, and celebrated them. It really doesn't matter just how familiar with the religious symbolism you are or aren't. It's just there for show, and complaining that it's just there for show is stupid. Does anyone with actually think Evangelion would've been a better series if they had called them "Aliens" instead of "Angels"?

A rose by any other name. Anno just did it for flair. I really don't see what's wrong with that.
>>
File: Mari.jpg (100 KB, 2190x930) Image search: [Google]
Mari.jpg
100 KB, 2190x930
That's nice and all OP, but anyone got the picture of Long Mari being Long?
Archive is kill and all.
>>
>>133081520
So how exactly did End of Eva get away with showing a 14 year old girl's nipples and a 14 year old boys ejaculate?

I haven't actually watched the series all the way through, the two points above just seem strange.
>>
File: Picture_3.png (294 KB, 570x430) Image search: [Google]
Picture_3.png
294 KB, 570x430
>>133082311
Are you serious? You are either extremely new here or a masterful troll.
99% of anime characters are underage baka desu senpai
>>
>>133082450
No I know that, but the sexualization usually ends before full nudity with underage characters. Didn't mean to offend anybody.
>>
>>133082563
sorry if I sounded salty senpai
Evangelion probably made the sexualization of underage (in America) kids mainstream in anime, but I don't believe it was exactly groundbreaking
>>
>>133081564
We have had an archive ever since Foolz went down
>>
>>133081520
Please don't post rebuild pictures while saying something intelligent, you're triggering me.
>>
>>133081520
i've only watched the original anime and the first two movies. WHo is the the girl on the far right?
>>
File: 1416701068779.png (943 KB, 358x482) Image search: [Google]
1416701068779.png
943 KB, 358x482
>>133084002
The virgin Mari.
>>
>>133083510
I looked there earlier today, but moe died and apparently nobody posted it on tbhstorage
>>
File: c3.jpg (203 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
c3.jpg
203 KB, 720x960
>>
Evangelion is an acquired taste.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.