[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi everyone, I'm making this thread in hopes to get better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sig-4353447.goku.jpg (21 KB, 580x487) Image search: [Google]
sig-4353447.goku.jpg
21 KB, 580x487
Hi everyone, I'm making this thread in hopes to get better insights to the Dragon Ball Super series. Yes, before anyone asks, this will have to do a lot with the shitty animation/ art work coming from TOEI.
I know the animation has gotten better as the series progresses but why is it that in the absolute most important fights or scenes of every episode there is always awful drawings/animation.
Most recent episode 49, Goku vs future Trunks. Most of the fight was 'ok' when it should have been great (3 minute fight sequence).
First Goku and Trunks were both ss2 but they looked like ss1. Then, Trunks eyes were as wide as his face lol. I get this is Anime but come on...
It was just bad... not episode 5 bad but.. bad. Especially after seeing what they *can* actually do. Hit vs Goku or Future trunks vs black goku. Those scenes were good. The Anime should not go below that quality at any point during a fight sequence. (At least in important parts like close ups and things where detail should be required).
I have read in a few places where people have complained about the animation and toei response was that it was due to newbies animating the series....and that it was blown out of proportion lol
Is this direct complaining still going on? Any new/current responses?
Lol perhaps we should form an international raid so they hire better animators. Seriously, how do we get through to toei? How can we make him see our feelings towards this so they actually make a change.
Story wise I love it, but animation and fluidity is killing the series. GT had better art work over all and it's so annoying.
>>
get out of /a/
>>
>>143445086
The rules and just about every thread seem to be a discussion thread. I don't see what your problem is
>>
>>143445004
I will answer you since I don't have much to do.

1. Toei is a shitty studio. They have like 2 or 3 guys that know how to animate and make the scenes look good, but besides them every other employee is trash. From the character designer to the colour designer to the composer. The animators/key animators are trash too.

2. Because Toei is a shitty studio from top to bottom, they rushed the production of the series in order to get it out asap, because Kai was finishing and they didn't wanted to loss the slot. Bandai was asking for a new series too, and they were trying to ride the tide of the highly sucessful RoF.

So what happened? That the pre-production was rushed as hell, and the few people that actually know what they're doing were all busy trying to work of the first few episodes. That's why episode 5 was so bad: they didn't have time to work on it properly.

Since then it has been a race against time so the episodes get out. The three or four guys that are actually good don't have enough time to work on the episodes like a normal key animator would because they need to work on multiple episodes so the production doesn't collapse.

Toei was hiring mad people but not that many want to work on the series as the schedules are absolutely horrible, that and no one wants to deal with the biggest cancer in the franchise: Yamamuro.

That's basically it.
>>
>>143445457
Toei is not a shitty studio. They just know that they can make shounen shit like DBZ look like shit and people will still gobble it up beccause they are either kids or retards.

All of the shitty stuff Toei makes comes from their Philipines branch. THeir main stuff makes great stuff like Heartcatch Precure or Sailor Moon Crystal
>>
Toei isn't even really animating Super.
It's outsourced to their Filipino affiliate.
>>
>>143445685
>Heartcatch Precure or Sailor Moon Crystal

Sailor Moon Crystal only got good when Chaiki Kon got in.

Some of the Precure series look ok, but some of them look like they were done in MS Paint, animation aside.

The only good-looking thing they've made in years is Kyousogiga, but that's because Matsumoto Rie was the one leading the project.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>143445457
But didn't TOEI also animate Dragon Ball Z?
I mean the level of detail and fights were just amazingly done.
I'm rewatching just to find the moments where animation was lacking and there are barely any per episode. (At least where it matters the most).
So we know toei CAN do a good job. As shown in episode 49 trunks vs black.
So why not keep that level of quality if you're perfectly capable to.
I'm sure the fan base is complaining but can we actually push them to make a change? They are raking a break next week and one can only hope that they come back with good stuff but.... we as a fan base.. can we do anything? Lol
>>
>>143446573
That was Old Toei.
>>
>>143446573
When animation studios are pressed for time to meet the deadline for airing, they'll cut out the quality control/checking phase of the production and rush right through it, then make any changes or corrections they missed for the home video release.
>>
>>143445457
Toei is cheap when it comes to shounen anime, plus some episodes are outsourced by amateur animators outside Japan. They choose quantity over quality, with a tight budget of $100k+ per episode instead of the usual $200k+ like on other seasonal anime, adding up the tight schedule for fast produce unlike on other anime studios, it'll result to each episode having a fixed frame limit.

They are "cheap" not "bad animators".

And these are their new projects.
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OL_cKZ5WgUQ

top notch 2.5D CG anime
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=scfI1xWW4TA
>>
>>143452141
http://youtu.be/OL_cKZ5WgUQ
http://youtu.be/scfI1xWW4TA
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.