[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the worst parents in anime history On another note,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Yui Gendio.jpg (29 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Yui Gendio.jpg
29 KB, 375x500
Literally the worst parents in anime history

On another note, what's with anime and portraying parents in extremely negative light?
>>
It seems to be a generational thing. Most manga authors are from a generation whose parents were hardly at home, but still very strict and authoritarian.

That's why you hardly see parents in anime manga.
However, you can notice younger generations of authors and/or directors portray parents on a nicer light, showing their relationship with their parents (and elders) was different from that of their previous generations.

Parents are still mostly absent, though, but that's because it makes it easier to write coming of age stories, and also to allow for some shenanigans to happen that would likely never take place with parents around.
>>
any americans who where born in the 1970s or whenever divorce was legal in Japan really poured they're broken hearts into creative works.
>>
>>143277827
>or whenever divorce was legal in Japan

Aren't divoce rates really low in Japan?
>>
>>143277989
As are marital expectations.
>>
>>143277827
Pain is a great source of artistic genius.
>>
In their case the father has the same anxieties as the MC and the mother's love is the literal source of the MC's importance. The Ikaris are manipulators, mad scientists, mass murderers, their kid could have been raised by wolves without their noticing, and they're still only C- anime parents.
>>
>>143277075
Otaku rebellious teen fantasy
>>
File: 1465401685889.jpg (225 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465401685889.jpg
225 KB, 600x600
so who's the best anime/manga dad? my money's on Koiwai
>>
>>143280802
No joke, I only know this series because of the donjons where the short haired busty girl gets fucked by this guy
>>
File: 1465439813587.png (82 KB, 364x319) Image search: [Google]
1465439813587.png
82 KB, 364x319
>>143280926
have you never been banned?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.