[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a growing amount of militarism in modern anime? Many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
Is there a growing amount of militarism in modern anime? Many recent popular titles are militaristic, such as: Yuki Yuna, Sidonia, Titans, remake of Yamato, Mahouka, Aldnoah/Zero, Owari no Seraph, Cross Ange.
>>
File: gundam_0079[1].jpg (72 KB, 624x538) Image search: [Google]
gundam_0079[1].jpg
72 KB, 624x538
>Recent
>>
>recent
>>
File: 1405651121621.jpg (458 KB, 600x920) Image search: [Google]
1405651121621.jpg
458 KB, 600x920
Don't confuse military fetishism with bonafide right-wing Nippon Kaigi ultra-nationalism and revisionist inanity.

That said, the trend isn't unique to anime or the intersecting anime/LN/manga/VN mediums as a whole.

Right now it's a balancing act between a desire for Japan to proactively struggle against an American hegemony, and the fact that they'd rather have the American hegemony than a Chinese one. Better the devil you know.
>>
>>125017659

You forgot Gate.

Nothing wrong with it. We've got enough moe by now. Time for some manly times.
>>
Japanese nationalism on the rise.
>>
>>125021026

So they love their country and their culture, not like others. Fuck'em, right?
>>
isn't militarism and strength and nationalism a good thing? I personally want to see more of this in media. Its what humans are good at.
>>
>>125021716

It used to be, except for the last 50 years or so in the western countries.
>>
>>125021149
Uh no, it's more like there's been a lot of recent talk in Japan about bringing back ww2 era practices like state-sponsored shintoism. It's not just patriotism.
>>
>>125021997

Good for them. Personal beliefs aside, an official religion has the objective advantage of uniting the population and promoting social trust.

That and preferring robots rather than immigrants and Japan will outlive us all.
>>
The government probably doesn't mind this. I'm not sure there's much of a deliberate policy though. Probably the case that the industry is adapting to a rightward shift in society.
>>
>>125022186
An official religion is a bad, bad, idea because it pushes what should be a personal choice on everyone.
>>
>>125022703
dude do you even know what shinto is?

that like saying ohhhh shit pokemon is bad because you need to use that weird blue turtle thing and i had a childhood experience that has left me terrified of turtles
>>
File: tank2.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tank2.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
No.
>>
Yes, it's propaganda to get the youth of Japan to vote for politicians wishing to void Article 9 of the constitution.
>>
>>125017659

I also noticed an increased in cute girls in the last few years as well.
>>
>>125017659
Not at all. In fact I would argue that there was much more militarism throughout the 80s and 90s, and has been replaced largely with Moe and High School romcoms.
>>
File: 1425213666612.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1425213666612.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
>>125017659
Yuki Yuna was against militarism though
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.