[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hibike Euphonium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13
File: 72445l.jpg (138 KB, 382x595) Image search: [Google]
72445l.jpg
138 KB, 382x595
Kyoani found a way.

*49位/*50位 ★ (***,963 pt) [*,**8予約] 15/06/17 響け!ユーフォニアム 1 [Blu-ray]

*71位/*76位 ★ (***,612 pt) [*,**7予約] 15/07/15 響け!ユーフォニアム 2 [Blu-ray]

*83位/*97位 ★ (***,571 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/08/19 響け!ユーフォニアム 3 [Blu-ray]

100位/---位 ★ (***,533 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/09/16 響け!ユーフォニアム 4 [Blu-ray]

*97位/---位 ★ (***,536 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/10/21 響け!ユーフォニアム 5 [Blu-ray]

*94位/---位 ★ (***,527 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/11/18 響け!ユーフォニアム 6 [Blu-ray]

*93位/---位 ★ (***,532 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/12/16 響け!ユーフォニアム 7 [Blu-ray]

Euphonium haters BTFO.
>>
>*
>位
>★
>pt
>予約
Stop this.
>>
Didn't a thread just get deleted?
>>
Do some "moe shot" and it boost sales, meanwhile main plot doesn't really matter.
That's sad.
>>
>>125014468
Is there an event ticket for this or not? Stalker site shows none
>>
>>125015055
There was an event ticket but it didn’t do anything really. The turnaround was right when ep 5 aired.
>>
>>125014511
are you serious with this shit right now?
>>
>>125015113
So Kyoani really finds a way?
>>
>>125015153
See, >>125014595
>>
>>125015190
Maybe. Maybe not. It’s too early to tell if this is going to keep up, but the sudden bump is definitely because of the episode itself and not an event ticket or tokuten.
But don't interpret it as a guarantee of the show selling well from this point on, it can be >150 when you wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>125015113
You're 70% right, because the event ticket did something (announced at last friday and boost it to ~100-200 for like 2 days), just not big, but still helps the position before ep5 aired.
>>
Stalker thread should be banned.
>>
>>125014468
Posting vol1 - vol7 and not just vol 1.
Average probably 650 called it strong. The point says nothing about succesfull or flopping. It's not even reachs 1500. You're not even use correct comparation for this, though.
>>
>>125015830
Can you say that again in English
>>
>>125016122
That's already in english, retard.
>>
It sucks that those assholes from Shirobako were completely right.
>>
>>125014468
Is 2ch doing fake preorders?
>>
Update
*46位/*49位 ★ (***,965 pt) [*,**8予約] 15/06/17 響け!ユーフォニアム 1 [Blu-ray]
*72位/*71位 ★ (***,615 pt) [*,**7予約] 15/07/15 響け!ユーフォニアム 2 [Blu-ray] — drop
*81位/*83位 ★ (***,575 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/08/19 響け!ユーフォニアム 3 [Blu-ray]
*92位/*93位 ★ (***,536 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/12/16 響け!ユーフォニアム 7 [Blu-ray]
*94位/*94位 ★ (***,531 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/11/18 響け!ユーフォニアム 6 [Blu-ray]
*96位/*97位 ★ (***,540 pt) [*,**6予約] 15/10/21 響け!ユーフォニアム 5 [Blu-ray]

Volume 4 has dropped off the top 100.
>>
Wont even sell 5k. Good riddance shitphoniumfags
>>
>>125016362
KAfags blown the FUCK out, confirmed for flopping harder than Nichijou.
>>
Don't expect this blip to hold.
>>
>>125015830
oh well i fixed to be clear anyway.

Posting vol1 until vol7 and not just vol 1.
The Average probably 650 but still called it strong. The points say nothing about being succesfull or flopping. It's not even reachs 1500pt. You're not even use correct comparation for this stalker points, though.
>>
>>125016461
Please stop, you're making it even worse.
>>
ep 5 was great tbh
>>
>>125016553
>tbh
>>
>>125016498
That because yo cannot into english.
>>
>>125016461
> i fixed it
Posting 3 times because the thread is deleted is not fun.
>>
>>125016427
Two dropped, one is stable but the rest climbed.
I guess it won’t climb much anymore, seems we are passing the peak.

>>125016384
5k is not a flop by any measure. Unless you're like, selling gundam.
>>
File: 1430863176917.webm (735 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1430863176917.webm
735 KB, 960x540
Reina is best hibike. This is non-debatable
>>
>>125018083

Man people really love pointing this out over and over and posting that chick doing the hair thing.
>>
>>125016445

Why not? This is Kyoani we're talking about. They have super devoted fans.
>>
>>125014468
How do I read this?
>>
>>125014988

That's the Japanese market and why many veterans are considering it the end of the line for creativity. Absolutely zero incentive for anyone to really try much other than moe girls or music anime and to have the right brand and right names involved in your product. Nothing else matters to otaku that buy this stuff
>>
>>125019763
Lurk more.
>>
>>125019856
Everything goes in cycles and trends. Nothing has changed much in 20 years except a bubble. Expect another crash eventually like the 90's then another trend in anime will take over.
>>
>>125019964

It seems practically inevitable at this point and that anime disc sales are slowing down little by little over the past few years with music anime seeming like the only constant. Its not just Euphonium, almost every music anime has done very well if not amazing since Love Live. If anything I just expect more and more of those.
>>
How do they do this bros?
>>
>>125020128

I can't think of any other market besides anime discs where only one thing and one thing only really sells. Its pretty unique to it.
>>
>>125014468
Damn, top 50. KyoAni really did find a way.

To think, I thought this was going to be another Nichijou.
>>
>>125020128
Merch is where the money is at. There's a reason shows like Precure and Aikatsu earn all the dough. Anime producers just have to come up with more shit to sell to people.
>>
I can't believe they tricked me into watching this with implied feet. There's barely any.
>>
>>125020211

Moe and brand loyalty. Especially when you're Kyoani and especially in this market you can turn around a show with just one episode or even scene that otaku respond to. I mean fuck Danmachi had a really strong start and is raking in merchandise money by selling literal strings to people just because the show had this one scene where the chicks tits were flopping around and she was explaining some shit about how she uses it as a bra. sometimes that's all it takes and why I don't take this R2 sales wank shit nearly as seriously as everyone else seems to
>>
>>125019856
>this fucking retard
Hibike! Euphonium is better crafted as show so far than anything else this year quite easily. If you can't recognize the skill and talent in making a product of this quality you are likely as much of a pleb as these otaku you look down on. Everything from the direction and storyboarding to the backgrounds and consistent animation has been excellent and far outclasses the majority of any television anime being produced in recent times.

You aren't a pleb for moe but someone with no appreciation of film or visual media generally. Tasteless plebs hating other types of tasteless plebs who like different things for just as retarded reasons. The majority of /a/'s arguments summed up.
>>
>>125020543

Not everybody fucking likes that sort of show though. It doesn't make them a pleb, it just means maybe not everything revolves around moe and visuals and that it gets fucking old avatar the 15th or so time they've done it.

Some people just find this sort of shit boring and that there's only so many times you can just rely on polishing fucking visuals and going for that moe money shot before it no longer becomes even worth praising for that much. Like I get it, they do the shit they do well, why must it be constantly acknowledged and people have to open up dick sucking threads for them anytime something by them has a popular episode.

Huge fucking difference between no appreciation and finding it unnecessary to constantly suck their dick and point out their animation techniques over and over and over and shoving it in peoples faces.
>>
>>125016754
But that's wrong you fucking retard
>>
>>125014468
The increase for all volume simultaneously smell like a troll order from 2ch. I bet it's just a troll order. Nothing personnel but it does smell fishy.
>>
>>125020751
>Not everybody fucking likes that sort of show though
Some people aren't able to appreciate finally crafted works that is true they are called tasteless plebs.

>moe
>moe
Your fixation on this leads me to believe you are one of these kinds that obsesses over story and probably thinks something like LoGH is the pinnacle of anime. I feel sorry for you if that is the case because it is a show that fails horribly as anime due to lack of creativity.

>rely on polishing fucking visuals
You almost say this like you think it is some cheap kind of trick to put effort into ensuring high quality craftmanship consistently. Next thing you will be talking about forced animation.

>it no longer becomes even worth praising
It remains worth praising when it consistently blows the majority of competition out of the water. You can see just by watching the huge amount of care and attention that has gone into making a show like this. To accuse that of being part of "the end of the line for creativity" when they are one of the only studios that actually makes an effort visually is ridiculous. The use of digital effects in this show to create cinematic atmosphere is really quite creative, I can't think of another TV anime that has executed it so well. If you think that all KyoAni shows are just "polished visuals and moe girls" you really can't have much eye for direction at all. The difference between the visual styles in which a show like this, Free! or Kyoukai no Konata are presented is vast and if you can't recognize that then your opinion really isn't worth much.

The staleness you are referring to is due to low effort shows of poor quality that get pumped out 20 or so a season not the one high quality well executed one a studio like KyoAni makes every couple. These kinds of shows are the ones devoid of creativity relying purely on moe to sell. You are just getting fixated on moe and equivocating that with laziness and a lack of creativity.
>>
>>125019876
I'm here since 2006 and I still don't know.
>>
>>125021588
>*Rank位/*Previous Rank位 ★(type, bd, dvd, box) (Points pt) [Preorders in the last hour予約] Date of release Name [Blu-ray]
>>
File: thechamp.jpg (55 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
thechamp.jpg
55 KB, 800x450
>>125018083
Reina is secretly Homura
>>
>>125021385
Another anon here.
What you can't (or don't want to) understand if for a lot of people having a good plot is more important than having flashy visuals.
I personally don't mind Hibike! Euphonium, just like K-On! it's nice to watch it and just relax while disconnecting your brain. However, I consider "better" animes the ones that have a good story that makes you want to know more and more.
This is a matter of taste, I'm not saying I'm absolutely right, and nobody is underestimating KyoAni's skills. It's just... why don't they try to use their craftmanship to create something more "deep"? If they did, it would easily become a big hit.
>>
What was the song they played during SunFes?
>>
>>125021924
Rydeen
>>
File: 45425454.jpg (128 KB, 1343x753) Image search: [Google]
45425454.jpg
128 KB, 1343x753
>>125021686
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
File: koboldihype.jpg (145 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
koboldihype.jpg
145 KB, 1440x810
>>125014468
I'm glad that this sold well so now kyoani has the funding to make amaburi season 2
>>
>>125021924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNWCYtWoGtc
>>
>>125021385
>implying KyoAni didn't kill anime with K-on
>implying there are no more Cowboy Bepbop or Space Dandy like shows because Kyoani showed that moe sells
>implying moe isn't the cancer killing modern anime.
I hope manchildren like you and all the Jap otakus rot because of what you've done with your moe fad.
>>
>>125021686
What's the points though? Is that like stalker points, like otaku following some sort of feed for the show?
>>
>speculation on a speculative site

guaranteed responses
>>
>>125021998
Space dandy aired years after k-on did, baka.
>>
>>125018083
>tryhard
>sensei cock thirst
>best

nope
>>
File: nice try.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
nice try.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>125021910
>>
>>125016203
He's saying your grammar is shit, m8.
>>
>>125022003
I believe it's accumulated preorders
>>
>>125022069
Kumiko will cure her.
>>
>>125021910

Literally all I was trying to point out. It's kind of frustrating sometimes because if I try to point out where I find Kyoani is lacking people always want to accuse me of not appreciating the visuals and shit enough and I just wonder what about all this isn't clear that that's not even what I'm talking about. If people have to constantly draw attention back to the visuals than that says a lot to me right there.

I mean here's an example, Arslan Senki this season has okay to pretty consistent visuals though they aren't devoting all their energies to them and it doesn't really make use of the moe artstyle or modern school settings. Rather it puts it's emphasis on solid pacing, political, military and character intrigue in a fantasy setting and depicting largely realistic practical battles and tactics between large armies as well as the mental battles and skill sets of it's cast members on display behind the scene. All of this works extremely well such that even if it doesn't have the glossiest moe visuals and fluid animation during key scenes it's several orders of magnitude more interesting to me because it's just not something I see from anime every season and will also go 24 episodes instead of just 12 like Euphonium.

Like I will gladly take the tradeoff between not having overwhelming emphasis and glossiness put on visuals for everything else about a show to be well polished and consistently interesting week to week and even scene to scene and I will not feel guilty about it or like I'm not giving some other studio it's proper due for valuing some things more than visual polish and filtering.

If I wanted everything to be modern school settings with the occasional scene on a city street filled with endless parades of young cute girls winking and making cute gestures in high definition fluid movement that's all I'd watch like it seems most people do nowadays, but I don't.
>>
I hope it at least sells better than Amagi.

It sucks seeing them putting so much effort on stuff that blows like Nichijou.
>>
File: 1430850583573.jpg (265 KB, 1375x1040) Image search: [Google]
1430850583573.jpg
265 KB, 1375x1040
>>
>>125021385

I will never ever for a second feel bad about wanting a good complex, intricate and well paced story with interesting characters that aren't all just moe girls doing moe things Yes LOGH is one of my favorite animes and so what of it? I find the show riveting to watch and even rewatch cause the story is interesting and I always discover new things about it each time that I didn't pick up on the first time. Sorry if I find more value in that than glitzy visuals or the same old school setting with the same old character times and the same old 12 episodes and it's all over storytelling about the joys of being young cute and in school.

If you can't understand something as simple as that then honestly just go back to sucking Kyoani's dick and let other people make up their own minds about shit their own way cause you're proving nothing. Like sorry but I just don't give a fuck about listening to how fucking great people find Kyoani's moe visual style over and over again.
>>
File: muserude.png (223 KB, 362x391) Image search: [Google]
muserude.png
223 KB, 362x391
>>125022431
>>
>>125022552
If you can't see the story in something like Haruhi or Tamako Love Story then you can't see a story if it hits on your head you dum dum.
Also don't go on baiting with saying stuff like intricate plot and LoGH in the same sentence.
>>
>>125021910

I don't even think that Kyoani necessarily needs to do this, they'll stick to what they're good at and so what of it. What I don't get is their fans obsession with needing everyone to constantly and forever acknowledge them for it. That's the really fucked up part that looks like cultish worship more than anything. Like they just drone on and on and on about their visuals and if you say anything critical about them one way or another your get this whole lecture on how dedicated they are to their craft and how you can never say anything bad about them and how everything you like about them is shit and can never compare and I'm not sure why people expect that to go over well and like there's no possible counter argument or other way to go about looking at the studio. Like how many people do they figure have to bow before Kyoani and praise their visual style before it's good enough.
>>
File: dont like hyouka 2.png (1 MB, 744x720) Image search: [Google]
dont like hyouka 2.png
1 MB, 744x720
Every single KyoAni show people think it's going to do terrible and say that for the first month and a half and then the numbers show up and they do fine.

Why must we repeat this?
>>
>>125022830
Because Nichijou sadly
>>
>>125022738

What the fuck are you even talking about. I didn't say their shows don't have any stories, just that I find their shows stories on average pretty damn dull and uninteresting. Almost every single show they do is some variation on ordinary school girls engaging in some sort of club activity they get roped into by some type A personality moe girl. If you find those kinds of stories endlessly and rivetingly interesting fine, but you can't expect everyone too. It's called having your own fucking tastes. You should try to get used to it sometime instead of expecting everyone to bow down and just go along with yours otherwise you're just a self-centered idiot or something.

Also I find LOGH's story pretty intricate and complete. If you don't well then whatever, fuck off I guess because I don't really care.
>>
>>125022830
KnK
Chu2Koi S2
Amagi
Nichijou
Tamako market.

They didn't sell anything remotely well since Hyouka if we disregard Free because it's done by another company.
>>
>>125022889
I honestly believe this is bait, but at the same time you seem so earnest. Poe's law in full effect.
>>
>>125022830

Because people either have ridiculously short term memories or they just like to make threads like this. It's just how Kyoani shows seem to go though compared to others. Their sales start of slow and then pick up once people find their favorite episode, usually at the climax of the first major arc and it ends up selling pretty well. It's like people just can't wrap their heads around the idea that maybe not every show is going to rank the exact same way week to week or follow the same trends. I mean fuck look at Yuuki Yuuna and Shirobako, those shows took quite a while to pick up in terms of sales, though it tends to happen more with originals as opposed to shit people are already familiar with which in the case of this show I doubt they are.
>>
>>125022981
>disregard Free because it's done by another company.
what are you on about
>>
>>125022982

How is this bait and why? Like please explain your thoughts or shut the fuck up because I get tired of this whole schtick where people don't like to actually explain why they say the shit they do on the internet. Like what is it you want me to say? That I find LOGH shitty shit shit with no redeemable features and that Kyoani is a perfect godsend because ZOMG fucking visuals and post processing filter effects? Please let me know or shut the ever loving fuck up
>>
>>125023023
About shirobako, wasn't it because the first volumes were out of print all the time ?
>>
>>125022982
/a/'s baits became so good you don't even know what is true anymore I guess.
>>125022889
Yeah sure disregard the examples I just gave you and go on with your generalizations. Even KnK had a meaningful plot and that was their shittiest series in recent memories.
>>
>>125023029
It was Animation Do not KyoAni.
>>
>>125023127

Kyoani shows have the greatest plots ever. Is that what you want to hear?
>>
>>125023098
That post sounds like it came straight from the MyAnimeList forums.
>>
>>125023124

No that show was on pace to maybe do like 3K but it got really popular towards the end of it's first cour and stayed strong and even gained popularity from there on out. I'm not sure how this show is going to play out though because I think it's already half over. There's only 7 Blu-Rays and that usually indicates a 12-13 episode series.
>>
>>125023276
No. I don't want to hear it without conviction you dum dum. I want you to belive it and join our cult. Is that what you want to hear?
>>
One thing I find odd about this shows sales spike is that other than Amazon it hasn't really shown any ranking growth on any other site you would expect it too. In fact the event ticketed first volume went down on HMV. All the other shows this season that have been ranking strong on Amazon since they began like Utrapri, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Oregairu, Fate UBW 2, Code Geass, and even Show By Rock have shown growth or consistent presence on the other anime outlets since then. It's really strange, like I'd at least expect to see it rank strongly on HMV and Gamers. This feels like something that is better checked back on in a week or so.
>>
>>125023525

No but it's what I figured you'd say since it seems like the next logical step in being a typical /a poster.
>>
>>125023098
Ok, let's pretend you aren't trolling.

Hibike is clearly a massive step up in terms of story than anything KyoAni has done for like, half a decade. It's not some SoL, Hibike is a competition/sports esque anime with really strong themes of regret, motivation and satisfaction. I'm just super happy they've finally found a story that isn't trash to go with their superb direction and visuals.

Lumping Hibike in with the trash they've made in the last few years is obviously bait.

Also, LoGH is find if you want to turn your brain off and enjoy some shallow, nougat-soft scifi space opera, but pretending it's anything sophisticated is having a bit of a laugh, don't you think?
>>
>>125023797
/a/ thinks that any sport anime that doesn't have shounen manga level of powerups as SoL though. This isn't anything new anon.
So your average/a/ fag will see that they are normal people in this show and will go on saying things like
>Hurr durr moe blobs gurr anime cancer durr no plot.
>>
>>125021722
So, she's Trumpet Homura
>>
Still don't understand why Opal couldn't march the bass...it's never stopped the mummers...
>>
>>125024357
Maybe because she's like one third as tall as the bass?
>>
>>125015055
Even ticket is almost worthless. Stop overhyping this bullshit.
>>
>>125024357
Jeez, have you seen how much of a midget she is? You could probably break her by sneezing. She isn't going anywhere by a contrabass in which she can actually fit quite easily, should you open it.
>>
>>125023966

I didn't say that though, I said that I personally don't find Kyoani's moe stories as interesting as I do some other types of stories. It's only because /a has to take everything in the most absolutist terms that people can somehow only read that as "I think Kyoani's stories are shit" or something.

It's funny cause I actually do agree that Hibike has better storytelling than a lot of the other stuff Kyoani has done lately, but it's still not blowing my hair back or whatever it is you're expecting here, particularly because I've also seen plenty of sports/competition sorts of shows of late that have captured those sorts of themes pretty damn well and also have run a lot longer and taken more twists and turns as a result. I also don't consider actually attempting to tell a more solid story for the first time in years some sort of major achievement worthy of me bowing down to or whatever it is you're expecting. Really it's called doing your job a little better. So there goes your nonsensical bait theory.

Will there be anything else or are you still planning on being insecure and paranoid as fuck or do you just like having really stupid arguments and calling people trolls because you lack reading comprehension?

>>125023797

>Also, LoGH is find if you want to turn your brain off and enjoy some shallow, nougat-soft scifi space opera, but pretending it's anything sophisticated is having a bit of a laugh, don't you think?

The things I'm saying are can't be anything but bait because you don't agree 100% with them but this isn't. Cool shit bro. Awesomely cool shit.
>>
>>125023966

/a thinks everything has to be dealt with in absolute terms. If you don't overwhelmingly praise and just throw yourself before something it must clearly mean you can only hate and utterly resent it to it's very cour. It's the all or nothing approach that kind of makes trying to explain my position kind of a waste of time because you people are just never going to get it because you're all just kind of fucked if I'm being honest.
>>
who would make the best couple and why is it Reina x Kumiko
>>
>>125024790
>The things I'm saying are can't be anything but bait because you don't agree 100% with them but this isn't. Cool shit bro. Awesomely cool shit.

"Like please explain your thoughts or shut the fuck up because I get tired of this whole schtick where people don't like to actually explain why they say the shit they do on the internet."
>>
Man I didn't think KyoAnifags were this cancerous.
>>
TFW you realize this episode is as close as we will ever get to a drum corps anime.
>>
>>125025066

And now you're just repeating shit I said earlier back to me. Why does /a suck so woefully bad at just communicating what it is they are trying to say to other people. I mean can you even imagine how much better this community and the anime community as a whole would be if people just came out and actually said straight up what was on their mind in a discussion even 50% of the time. I just can't imagine it's that fucking hard if you actually try. Like do you people ever deal with any sorts of situations in life where you have to communicate straight with people at work or at the dinner table or something instead of just making everything as roundabout as possible and responding to a quote with a quote like it's supposed to mean something? Is this like a James Joyce novel or something? Help me out here.
>>
>>125025119

It just blows my mind how they are totally incapable of articulating even the simplest of thoughts they are having to other people. Like it's clearly the hardest fucking thing in the world to them.
>>
>>125025221
You're a hypocrite m8. Again,

"Like please explain your thoughts or shut the fuck up because I get tired of this whole schtick where people don't like to actually explain why they say the shit they do on the internet."

cuz, like, seriously, logh is soft af.
>>
>>125022981
>Chu2Koi S2
>Amagi

They sold remotely well dumbass. We aren't talking 3k or below here like the other titles.
>>
>>125025745
reminder that if Kyoani sells less than 20k its considered a flop
>>
>>125025311

All you're literally doing is parroting the exact same shit at me over and over again and telling me LOGH sucks which to be honest really isn't giving me a reason to care about whatever it is you are trying to say which is still completely unclear. Like what is your core point here? So far all I've got is LOGH sucks and I don't even know why we're talking about this, that Kyoani has polished moe visuals which I didn't even disagree with, that there shows have stories sometimes which I agreed with but said doesn't necessarily make them inherently riveting to me by default and that I'm a hypocrite because of unrelated or unspecified reasons.

It's just like okay....anything else to say or are we done then since you really truly suck at this exchange of ideas thing. Like this is something you've gotta work on.
>>
>>125025836

No it literally just has to sell more than Nichijou
and you'll have threads full of Jeff Goldblum and BTFO and all the other cliches for days. The way this plays out on /a is already predetermined, it's just a matter of having a solid definitive number so that people can get the ball rolling.

What you have to realize is that anything can be a catastrophic flop or mega smash hit as long as people want it too. Sales shitters gonna sales shit the way they want to.
>>
>>125025907
you're talking to more than 1 person here, I didn't say half the stuff you just mentioned
>>
>>125025745
KyoAni needs something to seel like LL2 not something like Amagi or Chu2Koi.
They need to stay relevant to get good materials for the future not something cheap like Amagi.
>>
>>125025996
KyoAni didn't have a mega since forever. And I suspect every studio needs their mega hit every now and then.
>>
>>125026116
Hasn't even been a year since Free
>>
>>125026015

Somehow I'm not surprised cause it's an utterly incoherent conversation
>>
while i'm enjoying eupho
I still think it's bs that they magically went from complete shit to "wtf who are they and why are they so good"
>>
>>125025996
KyoANi's animes are very expensive to make.
Anything less than 20k is clearly not enough to cover the cost.
>>
>>125023164
Animation Do only helped out the in between. And Do is Kyoani's child company
>>
>>125026281
you are shit at baiting
>>
>>125026171
Are we really going to count Free as a KyoAni title? It was done by Animation Do and given the KyoAni name afterward. They need another Dissapperence.
>>
>>125026281
They actually cost less. Kyoani has less work hours, far fewer employees, and a chill yet efficient work flow.
>>
>>125023164
Literally means nothing. It's the same as saying I.G. is WIT's parent, Madhouse is MAPPA's, or Sunrise is BN's parent. It's still pretty much the same people working on it to some extent.
>>
>>125026419
Yes we are. And there's really nothing you can bullshit up to convince people otherwise.

Hell both of Euphonium's director's worked on Free. They share workers all the time.
>>
>>125026025
>KyoAni needs something to seel like LL2

I feel Haruhi 3 is the only thing that has a shot at this, if it ever does come but even then I don't think it's the Mega Hit that it used to be judging by Yuki-chan's rather cold reception, that or people are intentionally hating on it and not buying it because it spits in the face of its original source material.
>>
File: B944-kGCEAASTIR.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
B944-kGCEAASTIR.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>125026171

Yeah but that's dealing with Fujoshi who aren't a loyal audience. They can make a show a best seller one season and then just completely abandon it in the second season resulting in a massive dropoff in average sometimes as much as 300-400%. It happened to Jojo and Durara really bad a couple seasons back and even Free had a pretty significant drop off from it's first season to it's second.

>>125026025

Well getting Lantis to produce the music and the guy that wrote Love Live it seems like that's the goal here, but it's almost impossible to do what Love Live 2 did again. That show had all 7 of it's volumes solidly within the top 7 on all retailers for weeks after it went up and the first volume of that show never left the top 10 on Amazon even once before it went on sale. It's succeeded well in every format it's ever been applied to aside from console games including cell phone, CD, light novel, dojinshi, pixiv art, anime and figma. Slapping a Muse character on the side of an unrelated product will cause cause that product to sell out. It's like it's tapped into some sort of black magic brainwashing shit.
>>
>>125026458
Well then anon on the last Free thread bullshitted me to retardation. I thought they didn't share workers but their situation was moore like Gainax and Khara.
>>
>>125022981
Chuu2 outsold Hyouka you moron.
>>
>>125026452
How?
Magic?
>>
>>125026626
I think they just got really lucky in recruiting the right kind of people
>>
>>125026511
It's a shame that KyoAni betrayed its loyal otakus fanbase for some quick fujoshis money.
>>
What are spring v1 predictions? The last time I checked Fate was 30k and only Utapri was close.
>>
>>125026626
Korean slaves.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 768x960
>>125026602
Not S2 and not on average.
>>
>>125026626
They don't run their operation like complete retards in love with overtime like many Japanese production companies. Having an accurate understanding of what you can do with your available man-hours will save you a lot of money.
>>
File: magic (2).jpg (113 KB, 592x662) Image search: [Google]
magic (2).jpg
113 KB, 592x662
>>125026626
Yes, KyoAni magic to be specific
>>
>>125026626
They just find a way.
>>
>>125026626
Proper planning and not following a retarded work culture.

>>125026735
>Everything after Hyouka
>Except the shows that I say don't count
Retard.
>>
>>125026648
30k sounds about right, maybe a little less like 28-29k.
>>
>>125027076
Any other big sellers? Someone said Kekkai was going to get 10k but that seems high.
>>
>>125027011
I Learned How To Argue On /A/ From The Best.
Only My Opinion Or Idea Is Correct. And It Is Futile To Say Otherwise.
>>
>>125027204
>capitalizing a board
>>
>>125027095
Kekkai Sensen is looking good right now for 10k.

Utapri is doing pretty well too, probably 10-15k.

Oregairu looking at 7-10kish

If Euphonium keeps its ranking high like right now it could make 7-10kish too

Don't really see anything else. Maybe DxD but it's not ranking well right now for 10k.
>>
>>125027204
reading this hurts my eyes
>>
>>125027342
Kekkai sales seem crazy good for a show of its genre. Any reason for the sudden Japanese interest in it?
>>
>>125027204

How to argue on /a 101:

-Have only the most extreme positions on things possible
-Your subjective opinion is now objective truth
-Everyone is a pleb or dumb if they disagree with you even in the slightest
-Never ever actually state what exactly it is you are trying to argue or have any sort of coherent lucid point
-Make sure to be as insulting and arbitrary about every little detail as possible
-It's totally okay to flip flop positions or just altogether abandon them if it means being able to prolong an argument and annoy/troll people
-Never accept anything other than 100% complete acquiescence to your position and if someone ever comes to agree with you on something even if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever and they're doing it because they think it'll make you shut up sure then be as much of a douche bag about it as possible and ridicule them further for agreeing with you while failing to realize this presents a double standard and makes you look dumb as well to rational people observing the argument.
>>
>>125027524
I feel Kekkai is so high because of Fujoshits. The VAs for the show are pretty much the same as Gintama which is a huge fujoshit seller so I think it gives Kekkai an edge. Not to mention the first volume has an event ticket too. The show is great but I can't really think of why nips would buy stuff that panders to westerners when that formula hasn't really worked well in the past.
>>
>6 vol
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.