[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Lancer just approach Caster, have her use Rule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Why didn't Lancer just approach Caster, have her use Rule Breaker on him to free him from Kotomine, and then killed him?
>>
File: 1424377223000.jpg (318 KB, 700x779) Image search: [Google]
1424377223000.jpg
318 KB, 700x779
Lancer: Caster... so you're up next, huh?

Caster: Oh, Lancer... I've been watching you. And you're not very happy with your new Master, are you?

Lancer: Huh? You've been watching me? For what purpose?

Caster: I have a proposition for you. I can cancel your contract with my Noble Phantasm, Rule Breaker. You are bound by those Command Spells. But I can free you from them... How would you like to get rid of that Master of yours and join me?

Lancer: You make me sick. Do you really believe the loyalty of a knight to be so fickle? Switching camps all the time is hardly the way to maintain the respect of others.

Caster: I'm sorry to hear that. I suppose I was foolish to believe I could tame the "Hound of Culann" in the first place.

Lancer: You did well in calling me out... I was thinking along the same lines. My work just never seems to end.

*After The Fight*

Lancer: You can't hold out much longer with that wound. Accept it. Hey, Caster. If you're willing to do something for me, I might just be willing to let your Master go. What do you think?
>>
>>124968729
Last battle:

Lancer: You're late, Kotomine. I thought you'd get here much quicker.

Kirei: Lancer... I only have one question for you. Why won't my Command Spells work on you?

Lancer: Well you see... Caster had a very interesting Noble Phantasm on her. And right before I killed her we made a deal. She used her Noble Phantasm to cancel the contract between us.

Kirei: ... I don't understand. You're continuing to fight in this Holy Grail war even without a Master? Why?

Lancer: Because there was a woman who summoned me because she believed in me and my abilities. And if I'm going to live up to her beliefs, then I have to stand strong with my spear in hand. Not only that, but I have to win.

Kirei: How absurd. You're doing it for a dead woman? With the amount of odo you have left, just sticking around in this world is difficulty enough, isn't it?

Lancer: You said it. This body will probably be gone within a few minutes. But that's all the time that I need. The debt I owe my summoner will be paid by avenging her death. Kirei Kotomine, you're going down.

Kirei: You insolent... You don't care about the Grail at all? There is nothing you want to ask the Wish Maker for?

Lancer: Not really. The only thing I want at the moment is to take your head before I'm gone. You're going to pay for taking a Red Branch Knight so lightly!

Lancer: I don't care if you're a Master or whatever... Did you really think you could keep this Heroic Spirit held down with Command Spells? I was never loyal to you.
>>
>>124968761
Lancer: Oh well... It looks like my time is up.

I have to admit that was pretty close though. That jerk was pretty strong for a human.

But at least he got what he deserved. Did you see me, Bazett? The Servant you summoned is really strong, isn't he?

You made a good decision when you picked me!

I still wish I could have helped you get the Holy Grail though...

I don't have any need for the Wish Maker. I'm happy enough to have had the chance to live again and fight to my heart's content.

It's a shame that we didn't get to fight alongside each other, but it was nice all the same. Thank you, fellow Red Branch Knight.
>>
Cause they fought in the highway during Brave Shine
>>
What I don't understand is why Lancer obeyed Kirei in the first place?
He was summoned by Bazett, Kirei killed her and took her Command Seals to "control" Lancer.
Why didn't Lancer kill Kirei on the spot? Isn't he loyal to the one who summoned him? Obviously Kirei didn't use a command stating "don't kill me" cause that's exactly what he did in UBW. So why?
>>
>>124967371
Why didn't Caster enchant herself to become a muscle witch? That's clearly the best build.
>>
>>124968879
Kirei used like 10 Command Spells
>>
>>124968799
I wonder if that ever happened.
>>
>>124968879
Please remember that Bazett and the very conscript of her did not exist when FSN was written. She was first dreamed up as a future heroine to Tsukihime 2 alongside Caren but Nasu shoddily threw them into FSN instead.
>>
>>124969151
She existed, there was an entry on her on Fate/side material (with name, a picture and everything) and that was released along with FSN. There is even a mention to her in Fate route.
>>
File: fsm_bazett-fraga-mcremitz.png (29 KB, 139x200) Image search: [Google]
fsm_bazett-fraga-mcremitz.png
29 KB, 139x200
>Fate/side material: Fate Encyclopedia

Lancer's original Master. Fate unknown.
She was a foreign magus dispatched by the Association, and summoned Lancer using a pair of rune stone earrings as the catalyst.
A beautiful woman dressed as a man, her abilities as a magus are top-notch.
She is an enforcer, tasked with the capture of sealing designated magi. Essentially, an existence similar to the executors of the Holy Church. She is extremely skilled in both magecraft and martial arts.
Though she probably would have ended up being a threat to Rin if she had been able to participate in the war, she was taken out prematurely by a surprise attack from Kotomine.
The reason for that is because she and Kotomine were actually old friends. Back when Kotomine was still an executor working for the Church, they often ran into each other on assignments and fought together as comrades.
So, when Kotomine, who until then had never relied on her even once, said he wanted to meet with her, Miss Bazett was secretly elated. With no reason to doubt him, she walked right into his trap.
She didn't even have time to call out Lancer, before Kotomine cleanly sliced off her left arm from behind and stole her command spells.
Afterward, he gave Lancer two commands.
The first was to make him accept Kotomine as his Master, while the second was to make him gather intelligence.
As for what the final command spell was used for, that's covered in the story itself.
>>
>>124972020
>>124968879
>Afterward, he gave Lancer two commands.
>The first was to make him accept Kotomine as his Master, while the second was to make him gather intelligence.
>As for what the final command spell was used for, that's covered in the story itself.

Yeah, that explains it.
>>
File: Rin_bazett_end.jpg (153 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Rin_bazett_end.jpg
153 KB, 960x544
>>124972020
That certainly puts this ridiculous photo into prospective.
>>
cool got that spoiled for me
>>
It's a shame we will never see Lancer under Bazett control. He would be freaking OP.
>>
>>124968791
Who was the other Red Branch Knight?
>>
>>124974654
Bazett.
>>
File: 280846.jpg (28 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
280846.jpg
28 KB, 225x350
CĂș Chulainn :
Dislikes: Devious methods, BETRAYAL
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.