[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever watched this show? I happen to remember this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 16
Anyone ever watched this show? I happen to remember this show years ago and I never bothered to catch up with it.

It feels like seeing an Onegai Sensei rip.
>>
Clink
>>
/a/ made a huge fuss avoid it, about muh feels and how close home it hits and shit.
>>
They're both Kuroda.
>>
why is the old guy holding a gun?
>>
dropped on episode 1
>>
>>124955945
To bust a cap in to the collective anus of Noefags.
>>
>>124955829
Should I watch Onegai Sensei/Twins before this?
>>
>>124955829
Im watching it right now. Its not really drawing me in but Blue hair and Flat Stockings are giving me the biggest boners.
>>
>>124956014
They're separate. The relationships and ending are basically the same as Please Teacher. I don't even remember what happened in Twins.
>>
Very well done show, shame there isn't a season 2
Worst girl lost so hard.
>>
>>124955829
Yes, it's one of my favorite anime of all time. It was the best of its season and it's criminal that /a/ doesn't remember it.

10/10 romance.
>>
I have the last episode downloaded but can't be bothered to finish it. When I was watching it while it aired alien girl was the type of girl I was into, now I like blue hair more.
>>
Anyone else cry like a bitch when she had to leave?
>>
File: ichika.jpg (121 KB, 992x1426) Image search: [Google]
ichika.jpg
121 KB, 992x1426
You know what I liked about this series? I liked that the main girl was a little selfish. I mean, she wasn't a bad person. But in most romances, whenever the female lead is forced to separate with the male lead, she turns into some martyr saint. It's annoying. It was refreshing to see a lead girl be like

>No, no, no, no, I don't want to leave! I want to stay here with you!
>>
>>124955829
>It feels like seeing an Onegai Sensei rip.
Thats because the screenplay writer and character design are the same people who contributed to Onegai Sensei/Twins.

In the final episode, they give a refrence of Onegai Sensei too, that may imply that AnoNatsu and Onegai plays in the same timeline.
>>
kanna kanna~
>>
>>124956211
Kannafags: BTFO and asspained about it since 2012. God those were some good threads.

>>124955864
Gets me Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
File: 1330526159103.jpg (168 KB, 615x870) Image search: [Google]
1330526159103.jpg
168 KB, 615x870
>that slight hint of yan when she thought he was cheating on her with his bro's sexy slutty drunken married nee-san
>>
>>124958870
Best girl. She was so cute in that episode.
>>
Hey, I really liked it. They somehow manages to pull of an exciting action packed finale on a romantic comedy. I don't really understand why /a/ shits on it. Then you nostalgiafags or people with plain shit taste praise Onegai Teacher, for some reason. It was such a shit show compared to this.
>>
>>124955829
Yeah it made me cry...

Towel slippage anybody.
>>
I only remember the episode when they got drunk and horny. There was a good pic of...the sister? I dont remember
>>
God tier OP
God tier ED
>>
>>124955829
Up there in the worse shit I've seen, along with Kokoro Connect.
>>
>>124960073
How did you enjoy your third anime?
>>
>>124960145
Anohana was also garbage
>>
I liked it a lot, that and the doujins were good too.
>>
File: ano-natsu-5-tetsuro-kanna.png (1 MB, 1061x594) Image search: [Google]
ano-natsu-5-tetsuro-kanna.png
1 MB, 1061x594
>>124959820
>I don't really understand why /a/ shits on it.
Because /a/ intentionally picks the girl who has no chance of winning, pretends she's the best, then acts incredulous and offended when she loses.

/a/ wants you to believe that they just happen to think the losing girl is best, but the truth is that /a/ seeks out the underdog.

And screw Kanna anyway. Why does she deserve the MC? She had a 10/10 childhood friend who loved her, but she rejected him.
>>
>>124960073
Probably the shittiest taste I've ever seen this board have. Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>124960227
Kanna truly was the best girl, but I don't believe the best girl losing makes show shit. That sort of attitude means you were super heavily invested in the show, wouldn't it actually mean /a/ loved this show?
>>
>>124960251
>only 21st century series are allowed on my board!
>>
>>124960177
I'm just saying, there are real shitfests out there, so nominating this and kokoro connect that were just sort of average is a strange call.
>>
>>124960328
Not really. A bad ending can ruin a good show.

That said, Kanna was NOT the best girl, and her losing was well-handled.
>>
>>124955829
It's fucking awful, don't bother
>>
File: chink.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chink.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>124960362
As a romance, I consider Ano Natsu to be well above average. It's rare we get such a cute romance where the characters actually date and show affection.
>>
>>124960367
What are you on, the ending was the best part of the show
>>
>>124959820
Because the drama was awful, the romance wasn't interesting and then out of nowhere MiB shows up and oppai loli senpai is suddenly a secret agent who can pull out bazookas and attack helicopters out of her crotch.

You tell me why anyone should like this trash
>>
>>124960439
I know. I'm just saying that it's not unreasonable for someone to be invested in a show, but hate it if it didn't turn out the way they wanted.
>>
>>124960442
>Because the drama was awful
Nope, the show had barely any drama, considering its genre.

>romance wasn't interesting
You're wrong.

>then out of nowhere MiB shows up and oppai loli senpai is suddenly a secret agent who can pull out bazookas and attack helicopters out of her crotch
It fit the tone of the series, which was never entirely serious. You're a faggot if you were bothered by that.

>You tell me why anyone should like this trash
The MC has a personality and goals of his own.

The characters get together midway through, not at the end.

There's no agonizing arc where the characters feel they can't be together, because some third party has feelings for one of them.
>>
I wanna drink a lot of Remonade!
>>
>>124960362
There's dumb shit, then there's dumb shit pretending not to be dumb shit.
Dumb shit is fine but when they pretend to be deep or emotional or philosophical or just generally trying to be more than it is, it becomes offensive.
It becomes offensive because the people who made the show think so little of you.
They shit turds,coat it with sugar glaze and serve it to you.
Do you like glazing that much?
>>
>>124956611
Last episode is a load of crazy fun. Kanna loses gracefully and move on.
>>
>>124960521
>You're wrong
Now that's a compelling argument.

>Nope, the show had barely any drama, considering its genre.

Except for all the drama in every episode? Let's just pick the best example of the beach episode when those two bitches whose only reason for existing was to create drama and cause a misunderstanding because they'd think it was fun.
>>
>>124960442
If you'd watched the previous seasons then loli being MiB makes perfectly sense. Name more interestingly structured drama and romance.
>>
>>124960593
Yes, but none of that applies to this show. It does not try to be deep and manages to be emotional on occasions.
>>
>>124960610
>Except for all the drama in every episode? Let's just pick the best example of the beach episode when those two bitches whose only reason for existing was to create drama and cause a misunderstanding because they'd think it was fun.
You're being dishonest.

90% of that was played for laughs. There was one dramatic cliffhanger, and it got resolved right away.

Again, this show had almost no drama and no rage. It was a happy, peaceful romcom.
>>
>>124960623
Akane Maniax
>>
>>124960610
Not that anon, but the beach episode was a device for the drama to progress, I think you are sort of misunderstanding here.
>>
>>124960679
That's a great bait, anon
>>
>>124960659
>my humanoid stacked uchuujin can't be this in love with me
>emotional
Isn't this the series where her magic alien powers activate from kissing the mc?
Or am I confusing this with some other crap?
>>
>>124960785
She had to kiss him to heal him, but they only dealt with that briefly.
>>
>>124960785
So do you feel emotions differently from the rest of us?
>Aliens cannot love
That's racist!
>>
>>124956014
you shouldn't watch this at all

Teacher >> Twins >>>>>>>>>> this.
>>
>>124961049
This is the shit I mentioned previously, why do people rank Teacher top? What makes it good? Is it nostalgia or just shit taste?
>>
File: a in a nutshell.jpg (59 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
a in a nutshell.jpg
59 KB, 640x360
>>
>>124961084
it's not objectively good, it's just the best out of the 'series'
>>
>>124961049
Everyone who says this shit has never watched Teacher. It's complete shit.

>faggot, whiny MC
>jerkoff normalfag side characters
>no kissu
>insufferable "I CAN'T DATE YOU BECAUSE MY FRIEND WILL GET SAD" arc

Ano Natsu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Onegai Teacher
>>
>>124960873
See, that is fucking dumb.
How can you take the 'emotional romance' seriously after shit like that?
There's a few moments in that series like that if I'm not wrong.

If it was 'Space Aliens From The Planet Moe' and it was just some dumb harem shit but it didn't take itself seriously I wouldn't care.
I wouldn't watch it, but there's nothing offensive in just bullshit relishing in being bullshit.

So this was a series that took one of those space aliens from planet moe, pairs it up with the mc and tries to convince you that it's serious.
He get's a dream girl for free.
Yes, very emotional and romantic.
>>
>>124961142
granted, i've only watched teacher once like 12 years ago, but i remember liking it a lot more.
they're all pretty mediocre, tho
>>
>>124961117
Why? What does it do better than anonatsu? I'm curious, as my order for the series would be the reverse of yours
>>
>>124961117
see >>124961142

>>124961117
Just fuck off with that shit. You've either never seen Onegai Teacher, or you watched it once a decade ago and don't even remember it.

I have a very clear memory of just how bad it was. I wanted to like it, because of /ss/, but they even ruin that by making the kid 18. Mizuho and her mom were the only good things about the series, and they weren't enough to overcome everything else that was bad about it.
>>
>>124961150
So what, you were actually jealous all along?
>>
>>124961186
better girls
>>
>>124960395
This was something that really got me about the show, they didn't sick around will they won't they bullshit for 3/4 of the show.
>>
>>124961150
It's people like you who prevent us from getting good romances. In a boardroom somewhere in Japan, there's an exec pitching a romance, when the CEO cuts him off.

>A romance? That's too high calibur and pure for us. We don't have the talent to write something so high-minded and emotionally complex! Let's just stick to generic harems with no endings.

Your opinion is just so messed up and shit. I don't know how you became the way you did. Get this through your thick skull already:

* a romance is under no obligation to have a serious tone
* a romance is under no obligation to be true to life
* a romance is under no obligation to be free of fantasy

In fact, the opposite of those is general true. All a good romance needs is to be satisfying. That's it. That's all. A romance can be just as silly or campy as any other anime. You've put it on a pedestal so you can effectively shit on any romance while simultaneously not chastise yourself for liking shitty harems.
>>
>>124961241
Every girl in Onegai Teacher is shit except for the Teacher.

The loli is shit.

The best friend is so shit you want to murder her.

The slut is also shit.

Fuck Onegai Teacher and its awful, awful characters.
>>
>>124961241
Weren't the girls pretty much the same?
Teacher = Anonatsu alien
Remon = Remon
Awkward rival = Kanna
Sidestory drama-girl = nudist beach
I mean, I know ranking the show based on the girls is very subjective, but I don't think Teacher did anything exactly better.
>>
>>124961280
But this isn't a good romance you dumb fuck. Are you one of those who fell for GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD or heaven forbid, one of the idiots who spout that with a straight face?
>>
>>124955829
>Best girl lost

I mad.
>>
>>124961336
They had similar roles, but the girls in Onegai were so much shittier.

>loli
In Ano Natsu, she's sly, funny, and helpful. In Onegai, she's a bitch who tries to fuck over the MC and teacher to help the bitch friend.

>awkward rival
Kanna is a fucking saint compared to the Onegai girl. Kanna accepts the MC doesn't like her, but still helps him. Onegai girl is just annoying and doesn't care about his feelings.

>sidestory drama-girl
Nudist-chan was pure. Onegai girl was a slut.

>Teacher = Anonatsu alien
That's more or less true, though.
>>
>>124961366
It's a good romance, because it's cute and satisfying. We like the characters and we get to see them get together and ultimately be happy. You have some warped concept of romance and you don't even know what you want out of it.
>>
I watched the whole anime, cried for about 20 minutes, waited months and months for its OVA, and was incredibly upset by it.

Why do 12 episode anime always take so long to get an OVA and when it comes it's 30 minutes and just full of fillers? I waited for absolutely nothing.
>>
>>124961477
For some reason they thought the point of the show was the friends dicking around, rather than the love story. It was incredibly frustrated. I wanted an OVA showing Ichika come back.
>>
The romance was stupid. I don't know why /a/ likes these shows so much, where as soon as the main girl is introduced it's clear she has one role only and nothing else is going to matter. You immediately know where everything was going to go, except for the wacky finale. The other two girls were much better, and the main character is a faggot.
Also, I think it comes off as pretentious when people have problems and they try explain it as some unique, foreign thing (like him wanting to film everything, which is common) but that's probably just me being cynical. I still don't like it, though.
>>
it's shit
>>
File: 1391338406640.jpg (169 KB, 849x1370) Image search: [Google]
1391338406640.jpg
169 KB, 849x1370
>>124961218
>implying I browse shonen series for women.
All it is just lazy lazy writing.
Giving the fans the 3 moments they want to see and not even attempting to build good characters around them.
I already had my pic related waifu before I saw that show anyway.

>>124961280
I think you stopped reading before that part where I wrote "I wouldn't watch it"
I never said harem shit was good.
Just saying it's better than the same shit taking itself seriously.

I like romance a lot.
I enjoy many trashy shoujo series.
Shoujos have a lot of their own shitty problems but they're at least better written than; "uh... very attractive girl with powers comes to town aaaaand saves the main characters life with some kind of sexuality"

At least shoujos have reasons based in reality that makes sense.
They might be a bit flimsy but it's better than nothing like in shonenshit romances like these.
>>
Has it been that long? This was huge on /a/ while it was airing.

Good times.
>>
>>124961280
I sort of agree with you, but you presented your point in so retarded way it's very hard.
>>124961366
What you consider a good romance then? I admit, there was a bit side-drama that was kind of messy, but in the end the romance was very realistically portrayed, which you wouldn't of course know because you are the president of neckbeard-club. Even if you consider there were unrealistic aspects, it's still a show about aliens so there's that. I'm also very curious on what you consider a good romance, as you clearly have very strong opinions.

I think you are trying to analyze the show a bit too much from the viewpoint it is trying to be seriously taken emotional anime, while it's a silly anime about aliens. Truthfully speaking I've seen better executed romances, but no one is claiming the show to be a masterpiece, it's just you're claiming an average show to be a piece of shit for some reason.
>>
>>124961457
You're confused. Romance, as with any other genre, is under an obligation to be GOOD if you want people to enjoy it. Ano natsu isn't.
>>
>>124961499
That's literally what I was hoping for, and was mad that it didn't happen. Maybe they'll do it sometime but it's probably gonna take them another few years. There is quite a huge time gap, so they must be working on something new for it.

And if not, let satan rape my ass.
>>
>>124961477
Honestly I don't know what else they could have done. It's not like trying to create more content after the ending would've been a smart move.
>>
>>124961457
>cute and satisfying
The characters went about it in a boring and indecisive manner whenever the blue-haired people weren't meddling. There was no way in hell alien girl wasn't going to win, and the focus of the story wasn't in the right place.
>>
>>124961523
I still am trying very hard to understand you. You consider the show lazy writing and constantly showcase the scene, where "girl saves mc with sexuality", whereas in the context of the show that makes perfectly sense. It's okay to not like things, but I think your reasons for not liking things are kinda shit.
>>
It's shit, only good thing about it was the doujinshis.
>>
File: 1344072347632.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1344072347632.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
>>124955829
I remember that Kanna was too good for the MC. But she's a good pure girl and will probably wait on the MC for years.
>>
>>124961534
I went in expecting it to be good. I trusted the arguments people have in this thread about "it's just good fun romance" and "if you don't like it you hate the romance genre" or "well maybe you just don't UNDERSTAND". Note that even now, years after it's done and over with this is still the only thing they're able to say about it, no one has the ability to come up with a real argument, it's just "you are wrong" or "your opinion/taste is shit" if you voice any displeasure about the show. Even Busou Renkin had better romance than this.

To answer the question I think Emma and Nodame Cantabile were good romances. Spice & Wolf too. It doesn't matter what I like right now though because no matter what I bring up, they're going to say that I'm wrong or that ano natsu did what they did only better or something. Even Busou Renkin had better romance than this.
>>
>>124961573
How would it not have been smart to show Ichika and Kaito together?
>>
>>124961730
>too good for the MC
>rejects her childhood friend
Stop waifuing. Kanna doesn't deserve to get what she wants if Tetsuro doesn't get what he wants.
>>
File: 1399453325663.jpg (101 KB, 677x423) Image search: [Google]
1399453325663.jpg
101 KB, 677x423
>yfw da kanna wins da anon atsu
>>
>>124961523
>Just saying it's better than the same shit taking itself seriously.
This show doesn't take itself seriously. We've explained that to you, but then you reply with

>BUT IT'S A ROMANCE SO IT SHOULD TAKE ITSELF SERIOUSLY

You're arguing in circles because you're determined to hate this show. And as an aside, harems aren't shit because they're silly; harems are shit because they're inconclusive in order to bait otaku faggots into tuning in each seasons.
>>
>>124961741
You claim people cannot come up with arguments, while your general argument is "it's trying too hard"?

You don't seem like a baitmaster so I guess you just don't like the show. There's not much wrong with the other romance-anime you listed, they are better than anonatsu for sure, but I think it would do good for you to admit you did not like the show because you did not like the show rather than showcasing your opinion as an objective standard.

I know this is obvious but I think it needed to be said in some form.
>>
>>124961741
>Emma
Emma was a good series. But as a romance? Jones and Emma barely spent any time together. They had no chemistry, because they spend the series apart.

>Nodame Cantabile
Yeah, maybe season one. After that, they both turn into modern jerks, who casually sleep together while having a fuzzy, go-nowhere relationship.

>Spice&Wolf
They had good chemistry, but it's another series that spends too long getting to the point, thinking that they can only be together in the last minute of the last episode.

A good romance should have the couple together well before the finale. You're supposed to be able to enjoy seeing them grow and develop as a happy couple.
>>
>>124961790
I don't really remember the character names but I'm guessing you are talking about the main couple?

Because it'd have ruined the ending. Ending was pretty bittersweet and there was a subtle end scene that made it worth it. If the ova was showcasing this it'd ruin the composition of the original series for cheap fanservice, and that's something I'd rather not witness.
>>
>>124961812
Childhood friend is a fag. He already has the other girl anyways.
>>
baby's first romancu
>>
>>124955829
I remember liking both shows but I barely remember anything about them.
>>
>>124961618
>There was no way in hell alien girl wasn't going to win
Yes, because this is a romance, not a harem.

>The characters went about it in a boring and indecisive manner whenever the blue-haired people weren't meddling
Did you even watch the show? Kaito confessed to her early on. Then she chased after him for awhile. The only reason she pulled back was when she almost killed him.
>>
>>124961956
Shut the fuck up. Anytime there's a thread for any romance on /a/, it's 90% complaining, because Japan always writes terrible romances with bad endings.

People remember Ano Natsu fondly because it was a happy romance that didn't bait you along like a mule chasing a carrot.
>>
>>124962043
>He thinks Ano Natsu is good
Don't kid yourself. The romance was done badly, without actual romantic development.
>>
>>124961904
Trying too hard? I never said that. I didn't like the drama, specifically the beach episodes, the whole "we're filming a movie together so let's get jealous when they make a scene without inviting me", ep 8 or 9 whatever when the blue haired people have a fucking meltdown when they realize that they fucked up their lives.

>>124961938
>Emma
People don't have to snuggle 24/7 to have a romance. In fact a lot of good romances have the characters apart and pine for each other and finding ways to overcome the obstacles that make it so they can't meet.

>Cantabile
Are you the one who posted >>124961280? Because then I would like to add:
*a romance is under no obligation to be between great, infallible people
*a romance is under no obligation to avoid subjects that don't fit into a fairy tale
Nodame was good because it was two broken people who didn't understand each other or even themselves. They didn't ever really know what they were doing, the bad times were bad and the good times were good and in the finale they accepted this.

>S&W
The point isn't guy gets girl, the point is their travels together and the life they share up to the finale. It's no less a romance because they are keeping their relationship somewhat casual especially considering that Horo is always wary of the heartbreak when she inevitably outlives Lawrence.
>>
>>124962043
happy is boring
>>
>>124961649
>the context of the show that makes perfectly sense
It's that the context was created purely for sexualization since they can't think up of a way for it to happen naturally.

Let's make the example more extreme.
>Beautiful humanoid alien woman comes from another planet and lands at generic mcs house who takes care of her.
>She talks to him about her planet and about her physicality, that her breasts contain this life giving juice and that's how they raise their children to become strong against their planets many harmful diseases.
>mc's house gets robbed when alien girl is out of the house
>mc, who is home, gets shot in the chest
>alien girl comes home and finds mc fatally wounded
>"QUICK MC! SUCK MY BREASTS!"

Do you see why that's fucking stupid?
I made context, and it honestly made more sense than the shows since it's relatable to humans instead of simple made up powers.
All the writing that happened up to boob sucking was to get the boob sucking to happen.
That's what this show is.
Not as extreme as that, but very loose writing to get to those key that the fans want.
I understand a lot of stuff is like that but it goes a step further when you can fill gaps in your story with alien magic.

>>124961858
>BUT IT'S A ROMANCE SO IT SHOULD TAKE ITSELF SERIOUSLY
Never said that. I just said it should be one or the other.
>you're determined to hate this show
yes I am because of the I wrote about above really irritates me.
>>
>>124962130
The romance was great. They spend a lot of time together and get more comfortable around each other, before finally dating. Then when they first start dating, it's awkward and they have to ease into each other.
>>
>>124962043
/a/ hardly talks about this show after it ended. It faded away like many other shows that was once talked of and semi-popular when it was current. Most only remember it as TT 2.0 since the more liked girl lost to lick tears.
>>
>>124962133
>*a romance is under no obligation to be between great, infallible people
>*a romance is under no obligation to avoid subjects that don't fit into a fairy tale
Yes, it is.

>The point isn't guy gets girl, the point is their travels together and the life they share up to the finale. It's no less a romance because they are keeping their relationship somewhat casual especially considering that Horo is always wary of the heartbreak when she inevitably outlives Lawrence.
That's the kind of attitude that keeps us constantly getting shitty romances that just get the characters together in the last minute, if at all.

Incidentally, Horo and Lawrence were together in the LNs long before they ended.
>>
>>124962133
>Trying too hard? I never said that
I don't know if you are this anon >>124961150, but your statements are very easy to interpret that way. For example you say "If it was 'Space Aliens From The Planet Moe' and it was just some dumb harem shit but it didn't take itself seriously I wouldn't care", which clearly implies that in your opinion anonatsu takes itself too seriously and that is a flaw you found in the series. I don't know how else in this context I should interpret your post, as you are pretty clearly stating the show tries too hard.
>>
>>124962142
The kiss thing was just fluff. The romance happened independent of it.

Again, you're trying to be argumentative, but all you're succeeding is shitposting.
>>
>>124962157
>The romance was great.
>They spend a lot of time together
>got more comfortable around each other, before finally dating.
Is this nigga serious? The main girl didn't even stay for long and their awkwarndess was the cause of the bad romance. They were truly like kids that didn't know what it meant to actually be in love, but they merely follow an attraction that was like a crush. Fact is, the MC didn't do anything believable to make the main girl want his dick.
>>
>>124962253
>The main girl didn't even stay for long
She was there for months and the entirety of the series.

>They were truly like kids that didn't know what it meant to actually be in love
Yes, they were kids. That's part of the appeal. This isn't jaded adult romance.

>Fact is, the MC didn't do anything believable to make the main girl want his dick.
He rescued her, he had talent, and he helped her with her project.
>>
>>124962142
You are a retard. If the alien had not kissed the person but for example applied bandages or some shit, the scene would have been okay? It's not like there was a romance because she did kissing magic, it was because that scene served as the first point of contact, and could have been replaced with any other scene of two people making a contact: now it was just coupled with a joke. It's like you are trying a bit too hard to find flaws in the show, and end up with "hey guys, the alien kissed him, forced romance amiright ayy?"
>>
>>124962227
No. I posted
>>124960679
>>124961741
>>124962133

>>124962209
Yes, it is.
Okay so I have to ask, why do you watch romance? Are you one of those who gush about waifus and think that your favorite anime girl has to be pure?

There is a world of difference between 11 episodes of AWKWARD MISUNDERSTANDINGS and two people who obviously like each other, are comfortable with being together and mutually flirt and tease. They're an item long before they actually say the words or put on the ring. Don't confuse this with dumb shit like Ladies vs Butlers.
>>
>>124962130
>without romantic development
Characters meet -> they fall in love -> they start dating
What do you classify romantic development? Do you have some sort of superior experience on what romantic development and love is, and have the right and the authority to classify this show outside it, while it clearly is a model example of "development"?
>>
>>124962397
Okay my bad, I mistook you for another anon
>>
>>124962324
>>124962250
>If the alien had not kissed the person but for example applied bandages or some shit, the scene would have been okay?
Yep. Better to have a little subtext than none at all.

I've been paying too much attention to the more sexulised elements, you're right.
I get hung up on dumb shit.

Ok, what did mc do to get the girl?
That I remember being to big problem.
If I remember he gets the alien girl for free by not really doing anything.

Also, alien lands down on earth and sees this one guy.
And is that all this species needs for love?
Why did she like him?
>>
>>124962299
Not even half a year iirc. That isn't long.

Happy romance doesn't make it good. Execution matters most and it was shallow and very dull.

Vast majority of anime romance involves saving/helping a heroine. It's typical, but a small percentage of them are has substance and something deeper beyond that to allow good romance to bud. Ano Natsu isn't among them, it's almost Twilight tier romance.
>>
>>124962397
>Okay so I have to ask, why do you watch romance?
For happy stories about people falling in love. I don't want to see existential shit that I could get in real life. That includes

-cheating
-one night stands
-sleeping together with no clear goal in mind for the relationship
-break ups
-putting your career before your partner
-constant fighting

Fuck that shit. If I wanted to see that garbage, I'd go hang out with my normalfag friends.

>There is a world of difference between 11 episodes of AWKWARD MISUNDERSTANDINGS and two people who obviously like each other, are comfortable with being together and mutually flirt and tease. They're an item long before they actually say the words or put on the ring. Don't confuse this with dumb shit like Ladies vs Butlers.
"That's the kind of attitude that keeps us constantly getting shitty romances that just get the characters together in the last minute, if at all."

The reason that writers and studios keep characters from dating before the end is that they either

a) want to keep the audience coming back for more each week, or

b) are such bad writers that they can't handle changes to the status quo.

Either way, you're an apologist for that nonsense. A romance should not wait until the end for characters to be together.
>>
>>124962484
>Ano Natsu isn't among them, it's almost Twilight tier romance.
This is low quality bait. You're desperately grasping for straws to throw, but you've run out of them.

You should feel bad about yourself.
>>
>>124962403
The middle part is what is lacking. For the majority of the show, the two spent more time being awkward and not stepping on toes around each other. They didn't say or carry out affectionate actions or gestures to build up chemistry. MC was brooding way too much, and that didn't helped.

>>124962560
>Almost comparable feeling in how the romance is done
>bait
Whatever.
>>
>>124962474
>Why did she like him?
He's cute. He has cool interests. He's putting her in a movie. He's brave and doesn't hesitate when she's in trouble.

Other than him being shorter than her, it's not even remotely unbelievable that she'd like him. The MC is NOT a loser otaku. He's NOT a self-insert for geeks. He's a normal dude.
>>
>There are people that are actually defending the romance

Why.jpg
>>
>>124962586
>Whatever.
You're not going to catch anybody by trying to act tepid. You think you're posting arguments, but your falling on your fucking face.
>>
>>124962531
>A romance should not wait until the end for characters to be together.

I agree, but if the show is shit and they don't hook up fast enough it's the writer's fault, not the premise.
>>
>>124962474
He was driven by his ambitions. An artist, so to speak. It's not like the jock gets the girl every time. Considering both of them were sort of awkward, them falling in love was very natural outcome.

As for why alien would fall in love with a human, I don't fucking know, it's a chinese cartoon.
>>
>>124962631
>You think you're posting arguments
Heh.
>>
>>124962617
Because the show was good and satisfying, unlike 99% of romances.

Go watch Mysterous Girlfriend X or read Natsu no Zenjitsu the come back here and complain.

People love Ano Natsu because the romance was done right.
>>
>>124962671
Your post is almost Twilight tier.
>>
>>124962691
>People love Ano Natsu because the romance was done right.
Said no one ever. /a/ stopped caring about it after the show ended is proof.
>>
>>124962586
The mc pretty much confessed on the third episode. I admit, there was a lot generic lel misunderstanding bullshit typical to anime, but it really was there.
>>
>>124962691
it really isn't, but you sound too much like a fanboy to see it.
>>
>>124962719
That's cute, but I still don't see any arguments from you (again).
>>
>>124962726
Nodame does not get threads either and I'd consider it a well done romance. What's your point again?
>>
>>124962726
The shows that get daily threads are cancer series with cancer fanbases who just want to post the same images every day. And they're never romances.

Ano Natsu is fondly remembered, but the fanbase isn't garbage enough to try to force daily threads.
>>
>>124962758
It really is, but you sound too much like a faggot to see it. Anyone who's a connoisseur of romance knows the pitfalls of romance anime and how Anonatsu avoids most of them.
>>
Why does this series always raise such an autistic shitstorm?

This thread:
>This show is great
>This show is shit because reasons
>But I like those reasons
>No you are wrong, you can't like those reasons
>But you can't hate those reasons either
>Lel no arguments

I haven't seen a single argument in this thread that wasn't extremely subjective, so why are you autists still going at it?
>>
>>124962726
It's funny because ano natsu never get any threads aside from ones like this "hey does anyone remember this i didnt watch it and forgot about it", then all these people come crawling out and claim that it's the best romance ever and all of /a/ loves it. meanwhile half the thread are people saying that they're wrong and the romance is bad but no, everyone on /a/ loves it and they prove this fact by claiming that the shows that do get threads are shit.
>>
>>124962835
Ultimately, it comes down to this: >>124960227
>>
>>124962856
Ha ha, stay delusional. There are maybe two people trying to tear the show down and half a dozen pointing out how wrong they are.
>>
>>124962883
I say it's the opposite. There's two people arguing in favor of it and the rest say it's bad.
>>
>>124962732
Indirect confession, but Ichika didn't take it well. From then on, most of the show was about the awkwardness and brooding on MC's part. Misunderstanding comes with the territory, and that includes the other characters.
>>
>>124962601
>>124962652
>He's cute. He has cool interests.
>He was driven by his ambitions. An artist, so to speak.
Things that he would have been doing regardless of being interested in her.

>It's not like the jock gets the girl every time
>The MC is NOT a loser otaku. He's NOT a self-insert for geeks.
Saying it's not worse does not mean it's not bad.

> He's brave and doesn't hesitate when she's in trouble.
That's one thing.
Is that it?

>why alien would fall in love with a human, I don't fucking know
you don't know because it's bad writing

>Considering both of them were sort of awkward, them falling in love was very natural outcome.
That's getting the girl for free.
And her getting the boy for free.
Him being a normal awkward person is not him doing anything.
It's bad writing
>>
>>124962913
>>124962732
I don't consider it a misunderstanding, unless it's played for drama. The misunderstandings in this show were played for laughs, which makes them good. The one exception is the episode where she saw him and that other girl together, and it was cleared up with no trouble. Unless a misunderstanding affects the plot and is dragged out, you can't complain about it.
>>
>>124962856
Where has anyone pointed out this as "the best romance anime". You are delusional. I like the show but I admit there are a ton of better executed shows. I'm just reacting to people shitting up the thread with their opinions.
>>
>>124962948
Why are you so bent on hating the main character? He isn't your generic alpha protag nor wimpy shitface, is it that far fetched he would find love some day?
>>
>>124962948
You have a child-like understanding of romance. This goes beyond just not having dated anyone. I don't believe you've ever even seen two people of the opposite sex interact.

Romance is not a dating sim, where you have to give girls gifts and build up points to get affection. Two people can fall in love just by simply spending time together and enjoying each others physical and mental features.
>>
>>124962985
The supposed indirect confession isn't a misunderstanding though. That was something real and the MC never cleared it up or denied it, it was left in the open to be used as a plot device.
>>
>>124962775
>Comparing one good romance show that was well received that don't get threads much to one bad romance that got criticisms and half the time spent on waifu wars rather spending time fawning over the poor childish romance

>>124962808
>This is what I want to believe

>>124962856
I know, right? Archive exists for a reason. The main weekly threads will show more indifference to pointing out the bad and flaws to the show than praises about how "great" the romance is.
>>
>>124962913
There really was romantic tension and clear signs of mutual affection. It's been long since I watched, but I remember clear jealousy and some stalking or some shit. Considering people lived under then same roof, I think it's pretty dumb to claim there could not be part where they did fall in love. It's like you have these strange standards you want every romance to follow to be considered a proper romance.
>>
>>124963062
Which part are you talking about? The way I remember it is that he thought she rejected him, but then that got cleared up. Then he confesses to her, but she tells him to wait for an answer.
>>
>>124963107
If your argument was that the frequency of threads is the indicator of quality, which it clearly was, comparing the show to Nodame was enough to debunk your argument. Stop backpedaling. The fact Nodame is good and this is average at most has nothing to do with your previous argument.
>>
>>124963107
Nodame Cantabile was never popular on /a/. I used to have to fight to make threads, and I'd only get 10 replies. It's only brought up now when people makes lists of romances they like.

Meanwhile, Ano Natsu generates discussion and people actually bringing up what they like about it.
>>
I didn't watch it (will eventually) but I know it has a great ED.

SAGASHITEITA
SUKI NI NARU RIYUU WO
>>
>>124963178
>He can't see two parts to the argument
Barely anyone called it good plus the lack of interest that faded quickly to support it. Nodame is different cause people actually considered it good.

>>124963204
It wasn't popular, but it was well received among fans who seen it. Its reception spread through elite taste /a/ is fond of doing. The last season did get threads and it had a decent following.

>Ano Natsu generates discussion and people actually bringing up what they like about it.
It barely gets threads anymore, but it's still a series that had waifu wars with tear licking. It won't be forgotten yet. There will be fans liking it, but they weren't the majority when the show was airing.
>>
>>124955829
>years ago
You must be really young, because it's been proven that time flies slower when you're young.
>>
File: kanna lewd.gif (981 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
kanna lewd.gif
981 KB, 500x281
>>
>>124963381
>Two parts of argument
You said anonatsu is bad because /a/ stopped caring. That's one argument, and was easily debunked by Nodame. Stop backpedaling, your original post did not contain any implications of "/a/ elite taste" that you are now forcing.
>>
>>124963129
Nigga, I just checked to make sure and she didn't reject him. She literally just left and didn't give an answer. In the next episode, the MC wanted to ask for an answer, but he didn't go for it. So that feeling lingered for several episodes, but it didn't get in the way since MC and Ichika decided not to make it a big deal when they're around each other.

He made a proper confession much later on, but that's a different story.
>>
>>124955829
What's the point of the tiny white paper?
>>
>>124963493
>Said no one ever
Is this your first time on /a/ seeing that phrase? Learn to implication.
>>
This show would have been better if Kanna won instead of some boring and bland girl. Japan agreed, don't bother them about it.
>>
>>124963566
>B-but my i-implications!
Even your general argument was full of shit and easily countered, and now you resort to implying things as damage control? Implying has no realistic place in argument.
>>
>>124963046
>>124963048

In narrative, when you write characters they have to go through challenges in order to obtain whatever they're seeking.
Seeing these challenges and how they deal with them, it's what keep you interested.
When you write a story centred around romance you need to give reasons why these people love each other, what troubles do they go through together and what do they do to deserve one another.
It's as basic as it gets.

Lets say you watch a romance movie.
You can see that there's a two people that are probably going to get together.
A second later;
"I love you"
"I Iove you too"
Wow that was quick.
Oh I see, it's going to about their relationship and what they go through.
And then the rest of the film is a regular relationship with no arguments and everyone gets along fine.
Brilliant writing.

>Why are you so bent on hating the main character
I don't hate the main character, I hate the people who wrote this series

>Two people can fall in love just by simply spending time together and enjoying each others physical and mental features.
But that's not good writing.
That doesn't follow narrative convention really.
OH!
I see now.
So this series was going for a realist approach, right?
This how real relationships between people stuff right?
Well it's not really people, more like an alien with powers and a person.
Most of my relationships have chase sequences too.
You have a child-like understanding of writing.
>>
>>124963417
How can anyone hate this?
>>
>>124963574
It has been a proven fact for some time that Japan has shit taste.
>>
>>124963665
So you didn't like the writing because you have somehow yourself created an autistic definition on what you consider good writing? Okay then.
>>
Hey guys! I like it because it has nice atmosphere, a decent enough romance and the main girl is cute and taller than the MC which is hot.
>>
I feel like the show promised something big when in the 3rd or 4th episode the dude was like "then the summer came, a summer we won't forget" or something like, and i didn't feel like it delivered. just a normal natsu up to the lulsorandum final episodes.
>>
>>124963798
>I can't refute your points
>I'm happy being uneducated
>>
Kanna needed impregnating over and over again under the warm Japanese countryside sun.
>>
>>124963694
Kanna was more popular for /a/ too back then. Seems to be you're the one with shit taste.
>>
>>124963858
No, it's just that your scope on what "good writing" is comes off as retarded. You say narration needs challenges and conflict, and they were clearly presented in the show, but for some reason you classify them outside your definition. It's okay not to like the show, but you present yourself like you are some sort of educated master on narration, whereas you are arguing about chinese cartoon on a basis of what you yourself consider good writing. There are different kind of narratives, and will always be, so presenting yourself as some sort of literature master is kind of far fetched based on how you just push trough your sense of values and subjectivity.
>>
>>124963971
Not that anon, but I think he was agreeing on Kanna being superior.
>>
>>124963645
>Being this new and tryhard
It's okay. We understand.
>>
>>124958565

>In the final episode, they give a refrence of Onegai Sensei

Wait what? I watch this and Onegai Sensei is one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures and I don't remember seeing anything.
>>
>>124964067
I don't know, it sounded like he was commenting on the second sentence there.
>>
>>124963665
>when you write characters they have to go through challenges

This is where your entire post already falls apart.
>>
>>124964069
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>124958372
Yes
>>
>>124964081
Holy shit son. Remon is basically the same character. The small hovering alien is pretty similar to that of Teacher and it has the same functions. Who do you think the "previous alien that fell in love with a human" the entire ending arc was all about was? It was packed with small goodies.

Also I don't really understand why Onegai Sensei is you favorite anything.
>>
Can't you just like things already, /a/?
>>
>>124964594
I'll stick to liking good things, thank you very much.
>>
>>124955945
cant. fucking. unsee.
>>
>>124964037
>You are arguing about chinese cartoon
So anime gets special rules?

>presenting yourself as some sort of literature master
Eh, not really.
Maybe in the realm of anime it might seem like that because most of it is so bafflingly written.
If you'll refer to me calling shoujos trashy, which they are, but still enjoy them.
But I don't confuse what I enjoy with what is of quality.
I go no problem with people saying "yeah it is dumb, but I'm in it to enjoy it. I don't really care about quality, just having fun"
That is irrefutable.
There's just a lot of people in this thread trying to convince me and other that it is of good quality.
It may be autistic of me to not let that slide, but my points aren't autistic.

>needs challenges and conflict, and they were clearly presented in the show
But you people haven't presented anything.
I write reasons why you're wrong and all you see is negativity.
I can't properly argue about a show I saw 5 years ago in matric, so I'm counting on you guys for material. My arguements are wobbly if you give me nothing.

>>124964209
Go on, tell me why it does.
At least give me that honour or I'll be wrong forever.
>>
>>124964688
It's just very ridiculous that you expect every form of media and every culture to follow the same principle of narration, and you seemingly consider only one of these variations to be the "proper" and "good" way of constructing a story. The reason another anon pointed out that "your post falls apart" is because you are forcing your own viewpoint of what is proper narrative and discarding everything else. That's the problem, and I realistically have nothing against at you not liking things, it's just you are trying to convince us that there is only one good definition on things without considering it's absolutely subjective. Sure, the show has its flaws, and I think no one in this thread is claiming it to be a masterpiece. Considering this I believe you are coming off as a bit of an autist.
>>
>>124964688
Also relationship-drama counts as conflict, in case you wanted to know.
>>
>>124964928
He is right though, there is a proper way to build a narrative.
>>
Ano Natsu > Onegai Twins > Onegai Teacher
>>
>>124965079
Claiming that there is a proper way to build a character is kinda strange claim though. I know most of the works follow certain patterns, but there are exceptions.
>>
I haven't watched it since it aired but man this show did things to my dick.
>That first almost-kiss
>That clink
>That heavy breathing
>That d-dame
>>
>>124965093
This nigga gets it
>>
You must watch Onegai Teacher before watching AnoNatsu or you'll go to hell.
>>
>>124964928
>every form of media to follow the same principle of narration
You generally have your generic script formula that works as your blank slate.
That blank slate is good writing.
It might be incredibly boring, but it's well written.
There have to be well thought out reasons to deviate from it.
And that's where you get great writing.

>every culture to follow the same principle of narration
Ok, you got me there.
I'm not really well versed in foreign narrative formulas.
I've lightly read up on Russian and Japanese ones and find them really interesting and bit difficult to grasp, but I get that it's because traditional western narrative is so hard-coded into most peoples brains, including mine.
That still doesn't negate the need for reasons for things though.
No matter what structure.
I think.

>no one in this thread is claiming it to be a masterpiece. Considering this I believe you are coming off as a bit of an autist.
Fairo
I did say "It may be autistic of me to not let that slide"

>>124964954
I wrote about that in some previous post.

>>124965228
>I know most of the works follow certain patterns, but there are exceptions.
You have to have a reason to deviate from it.
Most forms of writing do.
Bad ones don't supply a reason.
Good ones do
>>
>>124965235
Yes yes yes my dick was DIAMONDS.
>>
>>124966351
>>124965235
I got a heart boner in addition to a regular one.
>>
>>124963665
You're such a fucking autist.

>I-it's not good writing unless the protagonist spends points to get affection from girls.

Holy fuck, you have no idea how romance OR good writing works.

No, you don't have to have the characters look at the camera and say, "I AM FALLING IN LOVE WITH THIS PERSON BECAUSE THEY DID THIS".

No, you don't have to have female characters only love male characters who do stuff for them.

You're mentally handicapped if you think otherwise.
>>
>>124963858
>>124964688
>>124965515
You're just wrong on every account imaginable.

One, the characters do have reasons why they fall in love with each other. Second, you think that romance has to be melodramatic and filled with conflict, when it can be relaxed slice of life. On /a/, that's generally what we consider to be not only the most entertaining, but the best written as well.
>>
>>124968601
Heart boner best boner.
>>
>>124964368
Yes it is basically the same story buy the same guy. But that doesn't mean it is the same universe. I never thought the Digimon movie and Summer Wars don't the same universe either.

>Also I don't really understand why Onegai Sensei is you favorite anything.
Don't know, I think is was my first "comfy" anime...
>>
File: 1430096758387.jpg (33 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1430096758387.jpg
33 KB, 500x636
MFW men in black
>>
shit I just remembered the clink
>>
>>124971903
I rewatched that scene like fifty times when the episode came out, fucking amazing.
>>
>>124971903
What is it about the click of their glasses tapping together that made the scene? I love it but I'm really not sure what THAT is the thing that does it.
>>
>>124959919
Absolutely this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QesOkbEJfdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEV4Ffy6WQ
>the damn feels

>>124960073
>>124960177
>>124960376
>>124960442
>>124961049
>>124961241
>>124961390
>>124961517
>>124961846
>>124961956
>>124962130
>>124962617
>kannafags spotted
>>
I saw it had the nopan tag on anidb.

pics/webms?
>>
>>124974469
She's a nudist so she's pretty much never wearing any.
>>
>>124974469
You see one girl's butt for like, three seconds in one episode. Its not that amazing.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.