[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Manga features dark humor, drugs and excessive violence >Pigs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: catsoup.jpg (28 KB, 599x431) Image search: [Google]
catsoup.jpg
28 KB, 599x431
>Manga features dark humor, drugs and excessive violence
>Pigs are treated like second class citizens and are constantly abused
>Dad is a deadbeat alcoholic
>Little brother drowns in the bathtub but miraculously survives only to find his sister kidnapped by death so he goes on a journey to find her missing soul
>Author committed suicide prior to the OVA's creation

This is some really grim stuff.
>>
ya
>>
Pretty much. Someone should help Elemhunter with more it.
>>
>>124954338
The fact that the author apparently did acid on a daily basis is astonishing, considering nipponland's extreme view on tame shit like weed and everything.
>>
>>124954489
If you've ever read Garo, you would wonder which authors weren't using acid.
>>
>>124954506
And I always forget that this ran in Garo.
>>
>>124954298
try reading the stuff instead of watching the OVA
>>
I saw scans being posted a while back and I didn't have the heart to keep up with its brand of everyday violence

thanks for validating that decision
>>
>>124954545
I only found a couple of chapters translated but I remember an anon saying he would translate more in a nekojiru thread some time ago. Any news on that?
>>
>>124954298
Are you talking about Catsoup?

The kid drowned in the bathtub at the beginning and the rest of the show consists of his dying delusions. You notice how everything is fairly normal up until the bathtub scene?

Did you notice how it ends?
>>
>>124955068
First volume is done, but it's in quality checking stage. Once I finish a chapter of other series I'll get back to it.
>>
This was pretty amazing. Basically the OVA is just a long meditation on death, really I think it was made as a sort of tribute or epitaph for Nekojiru.

Some people just can't live happily in this world.
>>
File: neko.png (118 KB, 456x282) Image search: [Google]
neko.png
118 KB, 456x282
>>124955068
If you do some lurking in the archives and tumblr you can find decent scans.
>>
>>124955530

>really I think it was made as a sort of tribute or epitaph for Nekojiru.

That's exactly what the OVA was for, Nekojiru Y commissioned it iirc because he had the money after Nekojiru's stuff got popular after her death. It's just his way of dealing with grief.
>>
Nekojiru Udon is one of the most honest things I've ever read, it's extremely personal and you can tell that it's packed with Nekojiru's own nihilistic thoughts on life and death that you can't help but feel tempted to read more. Sorry for sounding like a pretentious faggot but there aren't enough Nekojiru threads on /a/.
>>
>>124955853
>>124955530
So the credits of Nyatta, a character based on the author herself, being rewound over and over again is basically Yamano rewatching a video of Nekojiru, being unable to move on and accept her suicide?

This is making me legitimately depressed.
>>
The comic is better
>>
>>124956709

That was honestly the saddest part of the OVA.
>>
File: img_0001_s.jpg (584 KB, 2399x1600) Image search: [Google]
img_0001_s.jpg
584 KB, 2399x1600
Her husband's manga look more interesting to me.
>>
>>124957088
what's this?
>>
>>124957206
Google says it's http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=119805

Hope that helps.
>>
>>124957088
I think i have a comic he made. It's more magical realism type stuff and not as funny
>>
>>124957303
Actually, the title is 夢の島で逢いましょう by 山野一.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.