[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand college girls in seinen manga set in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: img000013.png (302 KB, 760x1080) Image search: [Google]
img000013.png
302 KB, 760x1080
I don't understand college girls in seinen manga set in University. What are they desperate to lose their virginity? Why do they wear it as a badge of shame? I can understand a guy being embarrassed for being a virgin but I though the point for girls was to lose it to a boyfriend, someone they love rather than some dud they hardly know in a mixer? Why are they desperate to get laid for the sake of it? Is an active sex like some sort street cred? I hardly see any romance in these manga.

My clique in college were a mix of boys and girls but the girls never were desperate for sex for the sake of it. Its always framed in the context of love.
I get the impression that getting laid is the goal regardless who the partner is. It's really disgusting. It diminishes and trivializes intimacy. It's not a very healthy lifestyle/outlook either.
>>
Yeah I never understood that either ! Like you said I can understand guys, definitely if they are in college and around peers I can see why they would probably won't to get rid of it quick and seem a shame about it. But for females (definitely if they pretty or beautiful ) when did it ever become such a bad things for them to be virgins! actually don't alot of guys actually aim for virgins so this stuff just don't be making sense to me
>>
>>124940224
Sluts and/or peer pressure. Women don't always think logically on top of that. I'd have to guess some of them just don't want to be lonely sexually. In other words, they crave the dick, and there's nothing they can do about it.
>>
I don't understand highshool boys in shounen manga set in Secondary School. Why are they so dense? Why do they wear it as a badge of purity? I can understand a girl being better for being dense but I though the point for guys was to be horny in highschool, going for someone they hardly know in a mixer rather than someone they love? Why are they dense for the sake of it? Is being unable to understand social queues some sort street cred? I hardly see any fucking in these manga.

My clique in highschool were a mix of boys and girls but the guys never were dense for the sake of it. Its always framed in the context of horniness.
I get the impression that being dense is the goal regardless who the affectionate one is. It's really disgusting. It diminishes and trivializes relationships. It's not a very healthy lifestyle/outlook either.
>>
>>124940224
Holy shit she actually did it with that cross-dressing guy? Disgusting.
>>
>>124941103
they didn't. Cross dressing guy stopped. He didn't want to ruin their girlfriends relationship. Can Childhood friend be redeemed? Attempted rape and sleeping with a slut?
>>
>>124940718
I don't get you..
>>
>>124941451
The author's idea is that he mainly fucked up because he continiously shaped her this way for his own convenience, everything you mentioned was just a consequence. This isn't that type of story where friendship saves the day, so even if she frogives him they will never get together.
To be honest I hate when manga depicts stuff this realistically, I'd wipe this manga from my memory given the chance. Miyazaki was right, I can't stand watching real people.
>>
>>124941928
they're insane though they aren't normal people.
>>
>>124941928
in all honesty I hope a decent guy is introduced for MC or she stays away from dating from for the forseeable future.

Also I'm having bad vibes with Kaito allowing his horny friends try to date her. Will it be the case of MC losing her virginity to some douchebag that doesn't care about her? I hope it doesn't come to that.
>>
>>124942084
Dunno, most of stuff looks pretty normal to me.
>>
>>124942234
I feel bad for you. maybe you should look for better more decent people.
>>
>>124940690
>In other words, they crave the dick, and there's nothing they can do about it.
So what you are saying is, no one can win against the cock?
>>
I don't really see the difference. I've read the door-key metaphor before, but either way among asshole teenagers, being a virgin means that you're undesired trash.
>>
in a lot of social circles in 3d it's the same shit.

It's disgusting hearing a group of women that you call "friends" talking about the random guy they fucked last weekend.

This isn't an anime tripe, it's life anon. Watch for sluts.
>>
How most people think of people who are virgins past highschool:

Male virgin: Can't get a girl because they're trash
Female virgin: No guy tried to get them because they're trash
>>
Because it implies you were not attractive enough to have lost it by then, or that nobody found you bearable enough for a relationship. Almost as if something is wrong with you.
>>
>>124944761
I think it's pretty accurate.
virgin, 23 y.o.
>>
It's basic peer pressure. Losing your virginity is especially easy this days, even more so to women
So if you haven't and everybody else has it's seen as strange.
Also guys don't want virgins who stand there in pain the whole time and soiling the sheets, they want a girl who knows what she is doing and can enjoy the ride.
Such is the world of normies.
>>
>>124942084
Most normal people isn't quite as sane as you think, because 'sanity' in non-clinical terms is broad and have variable definitions.

>>124945099
7 more years to Wizardhood, ganbatte!
>>
>>124945270
>Most normal people isn't quite as sane as you think, because 'sanity' in non-clinical terms is broad and have variable definitions.
The worst thing is that they interpret this at their own convenience depending on the situation.
>>
>>124940224
Read more manga, I don't understand why you think this applies to every Seinen series with a University setting.

If you want an answer though, it may well just be a consequence of Japanese culture being polluted by American "culture" (At least for the younger generation).
>>
>>124945232
how fucked is the world we live in. That kind promiscuous past won't cu when you actually start a family. Mommy and daddy slept around with many people for fun before deciding to settle down sends a bad message to kids.
>>
>>124945232
>Losing your virginity is especially easy this days

Yeah well, fuck you.
>>
I know little about Japan's culture, but I hypothesize that for women losing one's virginity is a good way to deter the interest of disgusting otaku who obsess about purity. Thus the loss of virginity is like a vaccination.
>>
>>124946266
The world has been like this for centuries. Humans like fun and sex is fun.
Most of our history, it was one of the only sources of fun available.
>>
>>124946342
Or get death threats to the point you actually consider suicide.
>>
>>124946323
It is. Prostitutes are thing and always have been.
>>
>manga
girls are super desperate for sex, guys are scared shitless of physical contact with girls
>real life
the opposite

Why do the elevens do this?
>>
>>124946593
Because Japan. Dating culture is basically cultural autism and barely anybody actually fucks.
>>
>>124946664
posts like this are what happens when late night anime and cheesy manga teach you everything you know about a place
>>
don't parents even teach their kids that it best to make love to the person you love and want to marry? Or is it because Japanese parents are not shining examples of this that is why kids pick it up from them
>>
virgin=! naive about relationships and the world.
>>
>>124946787
How's Sunday school, boy?
>>
>>124946830
But on /a/, it is. Virgin or not.
>>
>>124946664
>women refuse to have sex with men
>complain that they arent getting enough sex

why.jpg
>>
>>124946787
Nobody actually listens to that shit, they just tell their kids not to do the things they'll never admit that they did themselves as kids.
>>
>>124946892
>never want women to have sex unless they're 100% certain they'll stay with that person for the rest of their life
>complain that women are picky about who they have sex with
>>
Honey and Clover actualy exception since the girls a pure.

Nodame the only pure girl in Nodame Cantabile until I guess the ending?
>>
>>124946830
Spoken like a true virgin
>>
>>124946943
i think both lines are directed at women
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.