[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how would you save Gainax? Or is it not worth saving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Gainax.gif (5 KB, 300x77) Image search: [Google]
Gainax.gif
5 KB, 300x77
So how would you save Gainax? Or is it not worth saving?
>>
>>124765540
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsyFuodcKis#t=15s
>>
They're one of the few studios doing training for beginners, so maybe a few talents will show up. Just hope for the best.
>>
>>124765540
Pleiades is a good start, honestly.
>>
>>124765726
for some reason I was expecting something to pop up like the grudge.
>>
>>124765821
OP Here. I'm pleasantly surprised by Pleiades but I figured most people would hate it and I'm not sure how well it's going to sell
>>
>>124765937
I think it's just most people don't expect Gainax to ever make something good now that their best arists are part of Khara and Trigger.

If their old fans gave them a chance and watched Pleiades like I did, I think they would be satisfied by what they see. Gainax looks as if they're still producing at a high level.
>>
P&S2, saved. Honestly don't care if it stays dead or not. As a side note Trigger is shit.
>>
>>124766484
Isn't Pleiades a huge Subaru ad? That's why I'm not watching it.
>>
>>124765937
It'll sell like shit, but that doesn't really matter since the production costs were covered by Fuji Heavy Industires.
>>
>>124766555
You're not watching something beautiful because... of the reasons it was conceived?

I hope you realize most anime is an advertisement for something. Mostly source material, sometimes toys. Less frequently portfolio fodder.
>>
File: 1292.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1292.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
It's not fucking worth it.

Let it die and let Trigger take some of the members from it.

I'm not watching that Subaru shit and I can't imagine it being any good either.
>>
>>124766555
No, it isn't.
>>
>>124766654
It just concerns me.
Can't say it's shit since obviously I haven't watched it, but it's hard to imagine a car brand promotion anime being good.
>>
>>124766555
it used to be. Now they are reusing it to make a tva
>>
>>124766831
The only things that are car-related are:
- Character named Subaru
- Their magical brooms sort of look like the headlights of subarus
- Vroom noises for their magic

It's got almost nothing to do with Subaru beyond brand recognition, the show's a low-risk magical girl/slice of life deal with great visuals and likeable characters.

Give it a 3 episode rule at least. The first two were sort of slow, but the 3rd picked up and 4's probably the best so far.
>>
>>124767078
Alright, you convinced me. I'll take a look at it.
>>
>>124765540
Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt Season 2: this is probably its best shot right now. Not following up on ruining Christmas will only dig its grave even deeper.
>>
>>124765540
Houkago no Pleiades proves they can still do good stuff
>>
>>124767327
Show's surprisingly good and super comfy, but I doubt it'll ever get popular due to the car money turning so many off.
>>
>>124767078
>Vroom noises for their magic
>>
>>124765540
Gainax is a brand name. No one who made it famous even works there anymore. Why even bother acknowledging them?
>>
>>124767458
I used to think that way, now I understand the studio still has the resources to produce high quality things I will enjoy.

They're like a KyoAni right now.
>>
>>124767458
Because it's a brand name associated with some of the best stuff I watched.
>>
File: cry every time.png (545 KB, 1089x714) Image search: [Google]
cry every time.png
545 KB, 1089x714
Even shining stars that seem very close are actually far, far apart, separated by many lightyears.

Perhaps we're like the stars we all gaze upon, shining alone in the empty void of space.
>>
I want to save Gainax. Otaku no Video makes me sentimental about it.
>>
Magical Girls wearing swimsuits in space is a good start.
Now as long as they don't suddenly flip the mood-switch in the middle like they did in C3bu this show will be among my favorite shows this season.
>>
On that note, Hanamaru Kindergarden is a Gainax show too, right?
Why did it sell so badly?
>>
Have all shows contain 200% more gainaxing. Because Fanservice..... and boobs
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.