[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strong is Miyamoto Musashi if he was summoned? Can he beat Kojiro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: 640px-Musashi_ts_pic.jpg (134 KB, 640x928) Image search: [Google]
640px-Musashi_ts_pic.jpg
134 KB, 640x928
How strong is Miyamoto Musashi if he was summoned? Can he beat Kojiro?
>>
He already beat Kojiro some hundred years ago, and he will beat him again even if he were a servant.
>>
File: 1416913780619.jpg (33 KB, 341x500) Image search: [Google]
1416913780619.jpg
33 KB, 341x500
>>124647063
Did this dude really exist or is he some fanfic bullshit like fake Assassin?
>>
>>124647362
He was a real ronin.
>>
>>124647362
Line between fact and fiction is really blurry when it comes to history. Most likely the person was real but his feats were not true/were very heavily embellished.
>>
>>124647362
Don't talk shit about Musashi, plebeian scum.
>>
>>124647362
Little bit of both, like a japanese paul bunion but instead of representing a people, he happens to be historically relevant.
>>
File: Nito_web.jpg (55 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Nito_web.jpg
55 KB, 800x533
>>124647362
Read a book, ya nig. He's real. The proof? His swordfighting technique and the Book of Five Rings.

Kojiro however, may or may not be real. Nobody actually knows.
>>
>>124647362
This basically. Historians think that Miyamoto Musashi's account of his famous duel with Sasaki Kojiro in his autobiography The Book of Five Rings might have been an embellishment.
>>
Best weeb servants

Saber - Musashi
Lancer - Honda Tadakatsu
Rider - Nobunaga
Archer - Nasu no Yoichi
Berserker - Yuki Onna
Assassin - Goemon
Caster - Nasu Kinoko
>>
File: musashi_boat_oar.gif (959 KB, 324x228) Image search: [Google]
musashi_boat_oar.gif
959 KB, 324x228
>>124647063
His Noble Phantasm is a boat oar which not only was used to kill Kojiro but is also the only weapon known to defeat Chuck Norris, so that naturally makes Musashi the strongest Saber-class Servant.
>>
>>124647432
Not really. He didn't live in some far off past where there were no historical documents and the only people who kept record were some monks on top of a mountain but during the establishment of the tokugawa shogunate. His exploits are well documented in both his own works and the archives of different daimyo courts and city chronicles.

The fact is he rekt a shit ton of people. That's why he has such a legend going for him.

Why people always default to "lol he was real but his actions were totally overblown/not properly documented" when they don't know what the hell they're talking about is beyond me.
>>
>>124647063
Will girl Kenshin be next Saber?
>>
>>124647639
Kenshin is not even real nor a myth, mane.
>>
File: isoroku kenshin.jpg (190 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
isoroku kenshin.jpg
190 KB, 1280x1024
>>124647639
Fate/Rance when

>>124647663
Uesugi Kenshin, fuckface.
>>
Are there any African servant?
>>
>>124647705
Nigger, use his real name next time.
Shingen Takeda best Rider, fuck you Kenshinfags.
>>
File: 1370677266848.jpg (100 KB, 484x750) Image search: [Google]
1370677266848.jpg
100 KB, 484x750
>>124647589
Yeah I really do believe a person could walk on water and turn water into wine, I mean it's all so well documented, right?
You can't seriously expect me to believe those crazy chink stories where people could kill thousands of men by themselves or have blades so sharp they can cut a leaf with nothing but the leaf's own momentum.
>>
>>124647706
Could probably make a case for Hannibal or any Egyptian historical figure. Apart from that, I wouldn't know.
>>
>>124647733
I wasn't the guy you were originally responding to, double nigger.

Also agreed, Shingen Takeda's the best
>>
File: Amakusa_Shirou_Tokisada.jpg (1 MB, 1161x1700) Image search: [Google]
Amakusa_Shirou_Tokisada.jpg
1 MB, 1161x1700
>>124647572
Would read, add this guy as Ruler and you have a proper war. If if was in Fuyuki again I wonder if they would all be OP.
>>
>>124647589
But it's also true that Musashi Miyamoto being the sole surviving witness of his duel with Sasaki Kojiro has left some room for argument that Musashi Miyamoto might have embellished the truth in The Book of Five Rings. Overcoming a long sword by beating the wilder to death with a wooden oar is a hard story to swallow.
>>
>>124647572
>Lancer - Honda Tadakatsu
Is that like a motorcycle or something?
>>
>>124647773
But they said that Kojiro was mad as fuck when it happened and not focusing on the battle. Musashi just slides into his defense and hit Kojiro's head and then maim the fuck out of him. Why would he makes himself looks like a barbarian there?
>>
>>124647582
>only weapon known to defeat Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris lost to Bruce Lee via guillotine choke. (Or a front chancery, if you will.)
https://youtu.be/wtZNvK3fTlM?t=8m6s
>>
>>124647362
Probably some obscure ronin that got build up so big that he can't even see his own feet.
>>
>>124647589
Because if he cared about being the best, he'd gone off to China by then.
>>
>>124647830
He purposefully made Kojiro angry by showing up an hour late for their duel then further insulted him by brandishing a wooden oar. It was a story about how Musashi Miyamoto overcame the reach of a long sword using only his wit and what he had on hand not about how barbaric he was. It's a hard story to believe in some respects.
>>
>>124647946
>obscure
>probably one of the most beloved history in Japan alongside Sengoku era
>>
>>124647362
>>124647432
>>124647471
What? While accounts are old, Miyamoto's life was pretty well-documented. Dozens of his bouts were recorded by various bystanders, dojos, and numerous city lords of the provinces where he dueled.

If anything, it's just his bout against Kojirou that's in question for embellishment (though he was a real, living person as well). Miyamoto was a damn beast, and there's no doubt he traveled across Japan beating the shit out of tons of people, perhaps most famously for taking on the heads of the Yoshioka, crippling the eldest brother, killing the younger two brothers, and killing a number of their pupils which effectively destroyed the clan.

Some fights may be blown out of proportion, but there is far more fact than there is fiction. Miyamoto Musashi was an exceptionally clever and skillful warrior, not just a swordsman.
>>
>>124647494
You think?

"I was so awesome in that fight! I was shootin' lazah outta mah ass."

Gee, ain't that the truth.
>>
>>124647983
And not once did he ever thought to go across the pond to rekt Mainland China.

I'm not convinced.
>>
File: 1354388499663.png (30 KB, 130x129) Image search: [Google]
1354388499663.png
30 KB, 130x129
>>124647983
>Duel 1 - Yoshioka Seijuro

>Yoshioka Seijuro, master of the Yoshioka School and head of the Yoshioka family, was challenged to a duel by Musashi. Seijuro eagerly accepted the duel, and both men decided to fight outside of Rendaiji Temple in Northern Kyoto on March 8, 1604.

>As a part of his strategy, Miyamoto Musashi arrived late on the day of the fight. Seijuro was greatly irritated and lost his temper with Musashi, judging his behavior to be unacceptable. As they had previously agreed, the duel was to be fought with a bokuto (wooden sword) and the winner would be declared by a single blow.

>They faced off and took the on-guard position. In an instant, Musashi hit Seijuro's shoulder with his wooden sword, knocking him off his feet and breaking his left arm. Musashi won the duel. With his soul tormented by dishonor, Yoshioka Seijuro retired from the warrior's life and became a monk in a Zen order.

Hey oh wey isnt this the Kojirou fight
>>
File: samurai-champloo-lethal-lunacy.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
samurai-champloo-lethal-lunacy.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>124648050
>And not once did he ever thought to go across the pond to rekt Mainland China.

Everyone should know their limits; those Chinese had their ki techniques and shit. Wooden oar isn't long enough to counter that.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.