[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to read DanMachi LN >only 2 volumes of official translation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
>want to read DanMachi LN
>only 2 volumes of official translation out
>not even shippable til in a few weeks
>try fan-"translated" version
>literarry hurts to read
>horribru

why can't LN translators into english?
>>
>>124645385
LNs are written like shit anyways.
>>
>>124645462
Can you actually read LNs in Japanese or are you being a smug faggot?
>>
>>124645385
Heh. Competent people have other things to do.
>>
Because books are much harder to translate than anime since anime is almost completely made up of short bursts of dialogue whereas books and LNs have a crapton of exposition, and employs much longer sentences, which does not translate into English very easily, at least without some very heavy modification and liberal translating.

Source: Am a TL.
>>
>>124645385
Because that is an editor's job.
>>
>>124645504
Shit characters and writing translates to all language
>>
>>124645504
There are some people here who just shitpost in every LN or LN adaption thread, it should just be ignored. Even if there are bad LNs, even if it'd be the majority it's still retarded to say "Every LN series is shit, shit writing, Otaku pandering etc.".
>>
>>124645578

Light novels employ the use of those very same short bursts of dialogue though as well as being made to be read easily hence the term 'light novel'. Sure you have exposition and description thrown in to flesh out the imagination but even that is rather simplistic compared to actual novels..
>>
>>124645636
Oh, so you ARE being a cynical smug faggot who acts like he knows everything. And you have shit taste on top of that.
>>
>>124645636

Translation: "I can't read LNs in Japanese, but I'm too retarded to stop posting."

You should consider finding another board to shitpost on, or alternatively just kill yourself.
>>
LN translators tend to be too autistic and self-righteous to actually work with an editor. As a result, the translation tends to be their unfiltered ESL garbage instead of proper english.

These are the sort of people that will sigh loudly and then refuse to speak for the remainder of a conversation if you even so much as insinuate that they may have used a comma-splice or produced complete gibberish in the guise of language.

Source: Am an editor
>>
>>124645385
>not even shippable til in a few weeks
wut?

http://www.bookdepository.com/Is-it-Wrong-Try-Pick-Up-Girls-Dungeon-Vol-1-Fujino-Omori/9780316339155
>Available
>Dispatched in 2 business days
>>
>>124645696
It's still a lot more annoying and time-consuming to TL than anime. I considered complaining about having to TL anime, but then I tried to TL a light novel and quickly came back to anime, my reaction being, "Yay, back to the easy stuff!"
>>
>>124645385
So you've read ONE LN and assume every translator is a as bad as that one guy?
>>
>>124645696
The "exposition/description", and also extra character thoughts, make it far more difficult than dialogue. There are a few novels which are as light as you claim, but that's the exception. They're considered "light" for native speakers, not amateur TLers.
>>
>>124645689
Don't forget this one:

"Hurrr read real books instead".

I like how these shitposter can just easily tell someone to just abandon a story and characters someone likes just to pick up another medium that doesn't have the same story and characters and might not be enjoyable for someone who likes or prefers LN.
>>
>>124645772
What? are you not privy to the new legion of MTLers?
>>
>>124645385
>why can't amateurs do a better job?

Fucking learn it yourself you pleb.
>>
If you're good at something you do it for money.
>>
>>124645755
The nice part about LNs is the lack of typesetting or any of that garbage you need to do.
Language comes fairly easy to me and pushing out a script one line at a time can be fun, but fuck photoshop, encoding, typesetting and all that other garbage that goes along with manga and anime translating.
>>
>>124645876
That and the fact that it's impossible to mis-hear something as you have the script -- so to speak -- literally right there in front of you.
>>
The isn't official translation isn't any better than the fan one for this series
>>
>>124645967
I'll will take you are word for it, friend.
>>
>>124645909
If you're literate. I can comprehend more by ear than text.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.