[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's ready for this Semen Demon? Kekkai Sensen Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 458x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 458x258
http://youtu.be/xugtj4OkYZk

Best OST this season.
>>
I had such high hopes for this series but it just gets worse and worse with every episode.
>>
>12 episodes
I'm about to drop this because there's no way they're going to do justice to the characters and the setting with such a limited scope.
>>
>>124486490
That's a strange way to spell "better", anon
>>
Caught up on this. Episodes that revolve around extraordinary skills can get so boring and masturbatory.
>This game is so hard and it gets harder by the minute and you normally play for 9 hours and normal people can't even survive that but this man plays it for 99 HOURS.
I guess some people still fancy that.
>>
>>124486532
It's just a mediocre shonen made more impressive by rie matsumotos direction. The production values have nose dived since episode 1 and the story is nothing special and neither are the characters you need to pull off an episodic show. The backgrounds are decent still though. The show is being carried by matsumoto though. I'm glad it's doing relatively well in sales though because it increases the chances we might get a new original our of her.
>>
>>124486587
That scene was based off of the Swedish film The Seventh Seal, which had a similar set up about an impossible chess game.

But the episode wasn't about the game or the skills involved, it was about Klaus and who he is. That he would go to extraordinary lengths to protect people, even if they didn't really deserve it.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>124486738
Anon I don't know what your talking about but the production values have been really great especially compared to all the shit that's airing this season. At this point your just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Also this isn't generic Shonen faggot far from. I mean people these days just use generic Shonen for no fuckin reason. It's not a fuckin genre. Also if you want Generic that's Seraph not Kekkai. The reason why the show is great is because of the Worldbuilding and Characters, plus your really underestimating Nightow.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>124486587
The episode was mainly about establishing Klaus's character and Worldbuilding not about chess.
>>
>>124486945
I didn't use the term generic and if you haven't noticed the decline of production values you're either a self deluding fanboy or ignorant.
>>
>>124486491
>I'm about to drop this
Really? I mean you do have a valid point but I still like it,it's not like it's shit and horribly animated, OST and everything is pretty neat. Not really a reason to just drop it sort of..
>>
>>124487026
Terribly long for that either way.
>>
>>124487042
The animation has been thoroughly average beyond the yutapon cuts in episode 1.
>>
>>124487032
No I'm not being a fanboy because the animation so far hasn't been shit and it still good. It's not oh my god the best animation ever but it's still not shit like your implying.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 419x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 419x363
>>124487143
No it's above average. Like seriously how high is your expectations? I mean I'm not saying the animation is God Tier or anything but it's certainly above average.
>>
>>124487032
I don't want to be too defensive over this show because everything has flaws and there are also other good shows this season, but the third episode was the nicest looking one so far and it makes your criticism seem hollow. I think a more legitimate criticism would be that it sometimes tries to put too much in a single episode.
>>
>>124487194
Nothing notable at all just average.
>>124487288
My expectations are perfectly reasonable. There is nothing obviously terrible although episode 3 was obviously a budget saver but nothing notable at all besides the aforementioned scenes in the first episode. For a show that has a healthy sprinkling of great animated action scenes throughout take a look at YZQ. Nearly every episode had sakuga level cuts at some point.
>>
>>124487422
>nicest looking one so far
I just can't take your opinion seriously anymore. The backgrounds were good but the animation was obviously skimping.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 458x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 458x258
>>124487515
I guess we will see if the next episode will have good sasuga.
>>
>>124487590
Hopefully it does I'm not even looking to hate this show just somewhat disappointed with it so far.
>>
>>124486738
Holly shit, how can this much autism fill an entire post, it's beyond my grasp.
The forced and mediocre here is you, the series is just slightly above average, but so far it has a well and interesting cast of characters.

It just smells of "hurr I hate because others like".

>shonen
Oh well, I feel like I wasted my time with a kid.
>>
>>124487715
Great post.
>>
>>124487568
In what way? There was no big action scene and most of the episode was characters sitting at a table, so there was no need for excessive animation. In this scenario, it makes more sense to focus on storyboarding and visual design. The keyframes were just fine anyway, hardly a step down from earlier episodes. Unless you seriously want them to pull out their best sakuga for a character moving his arm.
>>
>>124487772
I find it forced and mediocre.
>>
https://mega.co.nz/#!tBYERILC!6ExvC79ETgFXO2BhNSkByKhn3RYFfxfu7jeImOUqM30
>>
>>124487772
This is how you see when someone is shitposting, they cannot form a counter argument, like you just did, faggot
>>
>>124487779
>There was no big action scene and most of the episode was characters sitting at a table
That is exactly my point.
>hardly a step down from earlier episodes
Now that is just wrong.

>>124488886
You didn't even make an argument. It was just "straw man, straw man straw man"
>>
>>124487143
What a stupid criticism. You can't show me an anime that doesn't have better animation in the first episode than in the next few subsequent ones. They are ALL like that.

Take this one animator's dick out if your mouth and pay attention. Every episode has looked great so far.
>>
>>124489388
You want them to go for a jog during a board game instead of following the manga? I really don't understand.
>>
>>124489659
There are plenty of shows that stay consistently high quality through out. Nichijou, Dennou Coil, Hyouka to name a few immediate anime that come to mind. Watch more anime.

>>124489999
It is a planned budget saving episode as in "we can put the good animation in episode 1 for this action scene and skimp on episode 3 because it doesn't need it". It doesn't make the point any less relevant.
>>
>>124490115
Anon they just followed the order of the manga stories.
>>
>>124489388
>that is exactly my point
So are you saying they should have shoehorned an action scene in there or they should have changed the events of the manga to something besides alien chess? The author didn't choose to write a chess match to avoid drawing battle scenes, in fact it probably took more time and effort to draw each intricate chess piece than to do full page spreads of kicking or whatnot, so an argument that they did chess to avoid animating is a faulty one since they were adapting the material that was there. And it makes no sense to throw in a fight in a chess match, especially when the point of the chapter was to establish a character and why he is the leader of an elite organization, not to show what a sick fighter he is.
>now that is just wrong
Did I miss some super horrible frames are something? Do you know what a keyframe is? All of the characters looked on model with quality ranging from good to okay, just like the first episode. The worse ones were generally from far away shots which the first episode had plenty of, perhaps even more, so if you're gonna trash it for that then your argument should be that all the episodes looked bad instead of saying they're getting worse.
>>
>>124490141
It's like you didn't even read the post.
>>
>>124490192
They put the third story third.
>>
>>124490115
While Hyouka looked good it was a fuckin Slice of Life, it's not fuckin hard to animate compared to an action show that has a busy and chaotic world like Kekkai. Fuck all the shows you provided aren't even chaotic or busy, doesn't have much to animate.
>>
best ED of the season hands down
>>
>>124490186
>So are you saying they should have shoehorned an action scene in there or they should have changed the events of the manga to something besides alien chess?
Nope not at all.
>Did I miss some super horrible frames are something?
Are you even reading my posts?
>There is nothing obviously terrible
You know you can actually like a show whilst being critical of it and accepting its flaws. Not everything has to either be a masterpiece or shit.

>>124490225
>it was a fuckin Slice of Life, it's not fuckin hard to animate compared to an action show
Confirmed for ingorant. Subtle character animation is even harder than flashy action scenes to execute well just look at that creepy scene in the Idolmaster film.
>>
>>124490319
>>124490192
>>
>>124486352
>semen demon
What the fuck is wrong with you faggots?
>>
>>124490410
I don't know, that wing eared version of her was a cutie 10/10 would bang.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>124490481
>>
>>124490319
>are you even reading my posts?
Care to elaborate on my misinterpretation then? Your post doesn't really say anything so I'm filling in the blanks in the hopes of you actually having a point, but maybe you just don't.
>you know you can actually like a show whilst being critical of it and accepting its flaws. Not everything has to either be a masterpiece or shit.
I never called it a masterpiece at any point, I even said it sometimes puts too much in an episode at the expense of smaller moments. I think your criticisms are poorly chosen and you've done little to back them up while ignoring the aspects of the show that have actual flaws.
>>
>>124490567
>Care to elaborate on my misinterpretation then? (You)
>Did I miss some super horrible frames are something? (You)
>There is nothing obviously terrible (Me a few posts earlier)

>I think your criticisms are poorly chosen...
No not really they are all perfectly true. The production values have gone down and down since episode 1, there is nothing special about the characters or story and the only things really keeping it interesting are the strength of the storyboarding and direction.
>>
>>124490275
This. Based USG.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>124490670
Anon the strongest things about the series are the characters and the Worldbuilding. The direction just helps add to that.
>>
>>124491013
I don't think the characters are particularly strong so far at all and the setting seems like an incredibly cliched hackneyed eastern interpretation of western civilization with some supernatural shit added on top. My mind could quite easily be changed with further episodes but not at all impressed so far by anything like that.
>>
File: 1316448620602.png (937 KB, 639x1079) Image search: [Google]
1316448620602.png
937 KB, 639x1079
>Sawashiro was the waitress lady at the diner
>She won't show up again
Is it too much to ask that she be in every show and have a significant amount of lines?
>>
>>124490670
Production values are more than just animation, it also includes keyframes and visual design among other things which are not any worse (and in some cases better) than the first episode. The animation criticism was already mentioned as poorly chosen for this episode because there is not that much movement in a chess match beyond arms moving the pieces. If you're going to argue they should have put more money into facial animation then that's dumb because the chapter was about the leader's actions through engaging in a challenge he knew he wouldn't win and how it established his character, not his inner thoughts and feelings, and it could also divert budget from storyboarding which is far more important when portraying something as visually stagnant as chess. Your other points are more subjective and I disagree about the characters and find the ensemble cast extremely likeable but won't argue with someone who doesn't. It's also episodic so the story criticism should be changed to setting which I personally like as well, but again that's subjective.
>>
>>124491338
>The animation criticism was already mentioned as poorly chosen for this episode because there is not that much...
It's like you are intentionally missing the point. I give up think whatever you want.
>>
File: 1405879848002.webm (275 KB, 440x570) Image search: [Google]
1405879848002.webm
275 KB, 440x570
>>124486866
>That scene was based off of the Swedish film The Seventh Seal
>>
File: 3277.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3277.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
So is she gonna do anything at all?

Why do Bones keep just adding random anime only characters and shit.
>>
File: sacredbirb.jpg (10 KB, 294x275) Image search: [Google]
sacredbirb.jpg
10 KB, 294x275
>>124491428
It's kind of amazing that all three of us have misunderstood you.
>>
>>124491203
She shows up in two other chapters of the manga that I can recall, so it depends on if they adapt them since they were both part of the smaller slice of life chapters.
>>
>>124491601
It is almost like text is easily misinterpreted by those wanting to find fault to fit their own narrative.
>>
>>124488833
What's this?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.