[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuigahama Yui
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
They each have some disposition that makes them antisocial, what's her's?
>>
Mental retardation
>>
stuck in a shitty series
>>
File: dumb bitch.png (215 KB, 293x410) Image search: [Google]
dumb bitch.png
215 KB, 293x410
>>124485057
Down syndrome
>>
>>124485403
She's what makes the series shitty.
>>
She's quixotic. To yui being with hachiman is an ideal that she bravely but foolhardishly chases. 8man is an awkward edgelord with good intentions but to Yui he's like a prince with a dark past who is thrust into her life. Hikki does what he does, and now she's gone completely bonkers. She knows he's not down but accepting that and moving on means destroying her ideal about the role Hikki plays in her life.

That internal conflict spurns all of the tears and "confessions" that pour out of her occasionally.

It doesn't really help that the dunce she likes is constantly making himself more and more of a pariah during what could be the most socially active period of his life. She wants to help him and maybe she thinks her love can fix his problems.

Yui is a great girl but sometimes great girls are made explicitly for the purpose of suffering.

TL;DR-
Admirable but mistaken.
>>
>>124485965
so like Touma.
>>
>>124486100
Sort of. With touma its not really about his love life though. It's about other typical battler anime protag problems.
>>
>>124485965
Why is she "mistaken"? And I don't think there's any reason to believe she thinks Hachiman is something he isn't. It's the other way around, he brushes her off because he's got a wrong preconceived notion about her.
>>
Brain problems.
>>
>>124485057
>antisocial
asocial
>>
>>124486392
You're not wrong, hikkis autism is ultimately the root cause of her despair. But whenever the club finishes a job she always tells Hikki to not fret because she understands why he does things the way he does. But her evaluation of his character is way off. She thinks Hikki is motivated by an intense emotional attachment to the club's future (and indirectly her). But in reality Hikki is able to do these things because he really doesn't give a shit about himself. His detachment from thr consequences of club work is what allows Hikki to do what he does so "successfully" but since Yui uses empathy to try and find ways to fix a situation she thinks Hikki does the same.

Feel free to poke holes. Just my opinion.
>>
>>124486732
>She thinks Hikki is motivated by an intense emotional attachment to the club's future (and indirectly her). But in reality Hikki is able to do these things because he really doesn't give a shit about himself
I don't really see any of this.
>>
>>124486924
I should rephrase it. She mistakes 8mans self destructive martyr complex for Hachiman being a true martyr who wants to preserve friendships because of his ideals. She likes hikki because mistakenly believes they share the same ideals. If she saw the thought process behind Hikkis batman hijinks she would realize he actually kind of likes being socially shunned. It provides him the distance he needs from other people to continue his misanthropic existence. It also gives him an excuse ridicule the "stupidity of youth" (shallow friendships) and keep his narrowinded world view alive. It would be hard to believe Yui could still genuinely like Hikki as much as she does now if she knew all this. She just sees her hero suffering and it causes her suffering because of her sympathetic nature. It drives her nuts that what she does to try to help never makes his situation better. Again, this is because Hikkis autism runs deeper than she could imagine.
>>
>>124487511
Again, I get what you're saying, I just don't get where you get it from. I think she understands him, and it's precisely the reason she feels bad for him.
>>
>>124487876
Mfw you got the point the first tine

>I cant understand what this /a/utist is saying!

You could be right. Unfortunately drama writers thrive on keeping the opinions that characters have of each other vague and open to interpretation to fuel as much headcanon as possible. Until shit reaaaally goes down I don't think there will be any way to definitively see why she likes Hikki and how much she actually knows about his personality.

If this is done right it could even give watari the opportunity to shit on everyone with a Yui ending. If you're right then knowing the truth might actually make him change his mind about her.
>>
>>124487876
Honestly, I dont think Yui really understands 8man, at least compared to Yukino or Iroha.

Yukino and 8man shared a similar background (being loners though the reasons why were different); Hikki said something about how they are two loners on a convergent path that largely share similar ideals. It is this that causes him to feel a connection to Yukinoshita (and vice versa; the loss of this connection plays in large role in why Yukino and 8man grew distant during Vols 8/9).

Iroha at the very least understands 8man's mentality and can manipulate him in ways the other two girls cannot.

The thing with Yui is that I dont think she really understands him. Just because you feel empathy towards a person doesn't mean you actually understand their pain or the underlying reasons as to why people do things. If 8man told both Yui and Yukinoshita that he was the biggest liar after the fake confession, do you think Yui would understand what he meant? Yukino would but I feel like Yui would only take that statement and apply it to what she sees on the surface.
>>
File: 8manTOOCLOSE.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8manTOOCLOSE.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Yui wants to fit in with the cool kids, but doesn't really feel a connection with them.
She's disillusioned with their superficiality.
In Yukino and 8man, she's found people she can connect with, whether or not they reciprocate.
She's dependent in a way on both autists for social interaction, as odd as that might seem.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.