[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I ended up liking this series a lot more than I had expected,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 720x480
I ended up liking this series a lot more than I had expected, especially Kasumi. Anyone else get a chance to watch? Any other series similar to this? And where did the aliens come from?
>>
> Anyone else get a chance to watch?
It was relatively popular a few years ago. I don't remember it clearly enough to discuss it, sorry OP.
>>
>>124340166
Yea I figured, I know it's older so I'm pretty late to the party. I was hoping they would continue it but since they have the manga out and the company has already gone under I'd be better off ordering those online to finish up.
>>
>>124340080
I'm reading the manga right now and I'm enjoying the alien concept direction that the authors uses. The mood I get from the manga kinda of reminds me of Fooly Cooly, in where weird shits happens but everyone seems indifferent to their surrounding other than their own lives.
>>
Female puberty or just puberty in general.
>>
How is it the short anime adaptation ended up being better than the manga? The OVA's ending left quite an impression on me and left me wanting more, the manga just disappointed me.

>Any other series similar to this?
Narutaru is probably the closest.
>>
>>124340080
A dvd copy for this arrived at my home address last year by mistake, it's been sitting on my shelf ever since because it looks fucking retarded. Is it worth watching, I can't for opinions for myself.
>>
The anime killed the manga.
>>
>>124340080
I wanted Sensei to get her shit fucked up so fucking bad.
>>
>>124340382
It's really good and a little unsettling considering how the characters seem like innocent qt 3.14s but they have to deal with some far out stuff. Have you read Milk Closet? It's by the same person and supposed to be pretty out there.
>>
>>124340520
It's only 4 episodes so it's not a heavy investment but it's really worth the watch. The last episodes ending is really confusing if you don't continue reading the manga though since it didn't cover everything.
>>
>>124340574
Yeah she was a total bitch to Yuri, i understand she wanted her to stop being scared but I was surprised when those boys were given aliens of their own.
>>
File: yurichan_61.jpg (261 KB, 1070x1520) Image search: [Google]
yurichan_61.jpg
261 KB, 1070x1520
remember to read the hdoujins made by the author.
>>
This OVAs the shit. I love everything is just slightly off-kilter.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 714x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 714x480
>>124343210
I wasn't sure what they ate at first
>>
>>124340615
I enjoyed the OVA for the same reasons. The contrast between cute and grotesque is really fascinating. Hell even the OP is damn cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkJ9n6Q0pA
Sorry the quality is shit.
>>
File: 38969680_p2.png (258 KB, 710x710) Image search: [Google]
38969680_p2.png
258 KB, 710x710
>>124340080
It's an unpolished gem, this show. And the manga, too - which I do highly recommend even if you don't read a lot of it.

To this day I'm not quite sure what the author intended with all of this. It doesn't really have a conclusive plot. But the unusual characterization, (pretty literal) mind-screw, some madoka-esque plot points a decade before that show even happened, light yuri undertones, all that stuff that happened to characters for good - all of this made this a very odd but quite enjoyable watch and read.

If the author put some effort into the overarching plot it might've been a polished gem.
>>
>>124344748
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOy0ep8iAds

And indeed, that contrast really adds to the charm.
>>
>>124344748
That was what hooked me, how the contrast in tone and art style was pretty vast but it still worked together really well.

>>124345349
There definitely were a lot of undertones and its a shame it wasn't longer to flesh some of them out a bit more. I thought it was interesting how the boys had changed when they were given their own aliens. Like they had interests and all beforehand but after they were given aliens they became fixated. I've read that many people consider what happened to Yuri when she was feeding the other aliens to be pretty similar to a rape, and in some ways I can see that. Kasumi probably interested me the most considering her relationship with her brother and how "Nya" she is all the time. I figured I'd check out Milk Closet next it's by the same mangaka and it has more of that type of weirdness.
>>
>>124340494
How'd the manga end? I haven't had the chance to check it out yet. The ending to the anime was bittersweet, I really wasn't expecting to see Kumi all fucked up like that, and it was kind of ambiguous what happened and why she did it.
>>
>>124340615
>>124346616
Milk Closet is totally worth checking out. I remember reading it years ago and the author works a bit more on the undertones of the story, and the ending was quite something. I can't remember exactly most of it but the ending stuck with me for some reason.

Also when I saw that he was going to work on the Yume Nikki manga I was pretty hyped because his artstyle was perfect for it, the bizarre backgrounds and monsters he did in Milk Closet were wonderful.
>>
>>124340080
Defence Force Mao-chan if you like crying little girls.
>>
>>124346829
>How'd the manga end?
Kumi loses the Yuribowl so Kasumi moves with her to California to cheer her up.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 223x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 223x333
>>124350270
At least she ended up with best girl
>>
I saw the OVAs many many years ago, but can't really recall much about them now. The manga has been on my to read list for quite a while, ever since I read and enjoyed Narutaru, which it seems is often compared to Alien 9 (or vice versa,) I'll have to get around to reading it and rewatchign the OVAs, then maybe checking out Milk Closet, I really get into weirdness like this:
>>124346616
>>
>>124351419
I was really surprised with how much I ended up liking this OVA, I wish the the distributor hadn't filed for bankruptcy so long ago.
>>
>>124351419
I still don't get the ending of Narutaru.
>>
>>124340080
>I
Stopped reading there.
No one cares.
>>
>>124353830
Kek says the guy taking time to post about it
>>
If this is anything like Milk Closet i'm not sure I want to watch it, even if it did come before.

Nobody does deeply disturbing like this guy.
>>
>>124354338
It can be a little unsettling
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.