[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys. I just got to watching Kara no Kyoukai for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: shikiryougi.png (108 KB, 337x283) Image search: [Google]
shikiryougi.png
108 KB, 337x283
So guys. I just got to watching Kara no Kyoukai for the first time because a friend recommended it to me. And, I noticed something a little bit odd. Bear with me here.

Meet Pic Related.

>Name is SHIKI Ryougi
>She can see death in the forms of lines
>She can kill people by cutting up these lines
>She got this ability due to almost dying, in her case, because someone tried to kill her
>The first person to get to her and help her deal with it is a magician

(1/2)
>>
File: shikitohno.png (63 KB, 256x512) Image search: [Google]
shikitohno.png
63 KB, 256x512
Meet Pic Related no.2

>Name is SHIKI Tohno
>He can see death in the form of lines
>He can kill people by cutting up these lines
>he got this ability due to almost dying in an accident
>The fist person to get him to deal with it is a magician

Am I the only person to see that Type-Moon just recycled a character?
>>
>>124234425
>Type-Moon just recycled a character
That is because type-moon lacks originality.
>>
File: e8EbTGi.png (127 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
e8EbTGi.png
127 KB, 381x380
good meme!
>>
>>124234398
>>124234425
No, you see. One RAPES while the other is almost RAPED.
>>
>>124234398
>Name is SHIKI Ryougi
>She can see death in the forms of lines
>She can kill people by cutting up these lines

Yes. Kara no Kyoukai is considered to be the prototype for Tsukihime (though, according to Nasu, he actually came up with the idea for Tsukihime even earlier). Tohno Shiki is basically like a mixture of Ryougi Shiki and Mikiya.

>She got this ability due to almost dying, in her case, because someone tried to kill her
Actually, she tried to commit suicide by bus.

>The first person to get to her and help her deal with it is a magician
This and the immediate preceding point are actually traits that most of Nasu's protagonists share. Tohno Shiki, Ryougi Shiki and Emiya Shirou all received their abilities as a result of near-death experiences and was saved by a Magus.
>>
Yeah just you OP.
>>
>>124234513
Yeah this is very important
>>
>>124234425
>>124234398

But one is three different people
>>
File: 1395794231269.gif (1 MB, 225x124) Image search: [Google]
1395794231269.gif
1 MB, 225x124
>>124234529

I just finished the fifth part, where it suggests Araki was the one who made her get those eyes by almost killing her.

I was just wondering WTF was up with KnK and if it was related to Tsukihime somehow, then I went to reread the manga to see if the Magus were related or something, and it turns out the characters are the same concept-wise.
>>
>The protagonist of Kara no Kyoukai. Able to see lines of death, just like Tohno Shiki.
>The last name “Ryougi” and first name “Shiki” both have an appropriate meaning. Consequently as a user of the mystic eyes of death perception it can be said she is several ranks higher than Tohno Shiki.
>Tohno Shiki is pretty much her polar opposite. In fact, his personality is actually close to Kokutou Mikiya's.

>If you called her Tohno Shiki's prototype, I wouldn't know how to answer.
>Because, even though as a completed work Kara no Kyoukai predates Tsukihime by two years, I had the idea for Tsukihime first.
>However, at the time the idea refused to become a story, so I stored it away and came back to it later when I finally made Tsukihime for real.
>Before that, though, I ended up making something completely different, only keeping the protagonist from the original idea. The resulting work was Kara no Kyoukai.
>Geez, I never imagined I'd end up working with the same “lines of death” idea for three whole years…
>>
>>124234627
FYI, the one who saved Ryougi and the one who saved Tohno are sisters.
>>
>>124234627
Aozaki Aoko and Aozaki Touko are sisters. Touko is the elder sister, a genius Magus who was given a Sealing Designation for her ability to create dolls that are completely identical to people. Aoko is the user of the Fifth Magic, and thus a true Magician, one who can perform feats beyond the realm of normal thaumaturgy, comparable to "miracles". As a Magus, she's vastly inferior to Touko, but her combat ability is top-rank amongst Magi.

Incidentally, despite the two of them being sisters, Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime actually take place in completely different universes and thus have no relation to one another.
>>
File: adachixkenji.png (138 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
adachixkenji.png
138 KB, 500x430
>>124234815
>>124234843
>>124234731

Thank you guys, I wasn't going to make this connection unless I went back and reread all of Tsukihime.
>>
>>124234873
In a sense, Tohno Shiki's relationship with Ryougi Shiki and Kokutou Mikiya is the reverse of Sajyou Ayaka's relationship with Emiya Shirou and Tohsaka Rin.

In the case of Shiki, the traits of Ryougi and Kokutou were mixed into one. He possesses Kokutou's general personality, but also has Ryougi's Mystic Eyes of Death Perception ability, as well as her vaguely poetic mannerisms.

On the other hand, Sajyou Ayaka's the opposite of that. She herself was split off into two characters: Her general personality was given to Rin, while her "inept at most forms of thaumaturgy but a savant at one particular thing", as well as the fact that she has a mystical artifact embedded in her by her father which links her to her Servant (King Arthur), were both traits inherited by Emiya Shirou.
>>
best knk release?
>>
>>124234529
Actually, you can find a lot of common threads in Nasu's works.

For instance, in the original Prototype version of Fate, there was a character who was connected to the Root, Sajyou Manaka. Ryougi Shiki and Tohno Shiki both also share this quality, although Tohno is inferior in this regard to the other two.
>>
File: Kara_no_Kyoukai 1.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Kara_no_Kyoukai 1.webm
3 MB, 800x450
the fights doe
>>
File: Kara_no_Kyoukai 2.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Kara_no_Kyoukai 2.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
>>124235281
>Having trouble with a bunch of mindless dolls

No wonder she's below Servant class.
>>
>>124235281
Do people actually like all these overblown digital camera shake and blur effects? It looks like the animation underneath all that shit is pretty choppy and subpar so I'm not sure what there is to be excited about.
>>
>>124235281
Man, I really can't wait until the Tsukihime remake's out. 'Cause then we'll get an adaptation by UFOtable and we'll finally get to see Shiki's Nanaya taijutsu in action.

Of course, since it probably won't have a theatrical release, it probably won't be on the same level as anything from Kara no Kyoukai, even though Tohno has a "stronger" fighting style.
>>
>>124235409
Welcome to the digital age. This is what anime is now.
>>
File: 1311264708904.jpg (79 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1311264708904.jpg
79 KB, 600x450
>>124234425

No, that's Shiki Tohno.

This is SHIKI Tohno.
>>
>>124235409
The raw animation is actually pretty good though. I like the sense of weight. My only gripe about that scene is the overly-strong blue and orange contrast, if it was toned down a little it would be great.
>>
>Assassin. One who could slice the unbreakable like butter, and dismember the indestructible Dead Apostles. As the name suggested, a shadow who was like a Death God.
>Like the Avenger, he was deemed an elusive calamity in the world of Dead Apostles.
>…running around doing errands with no pay, what a hard working guy.

>Needless to say, it was that person.
>One year after the story of Tsukihime, he gradually became a rumor. Such was the fame of this person.

We'll never get to see Shiki reach his full potential as an assassin.
>>
>>124235409
I have some mixed feelings about this. On one had, I definitely see what you mean, the animation is pretty mediocre, and I miss stuff like GitS. However, the way the music mixes with the choreography is enjoyable, and I like the pacing of each fight, as well as the use of framing, camera angles, etc. It isn't good animation, but it is a good fight scene, and I find them quite fun, if not technically impressive. It's like slapstick humour versus humour of a more intellectual kind. Both can be funny, even if one is technically superiour.
>>
>>124235681
Where was this from?
>>
File: Naoko-san Takeuchi.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Naoko-san Takeuchi.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>124235715
I don't understand why people think the animation in that fight scene was poor. That scene and the segment where Enjou was being chased(and subsequently beaten up) by the thugs were the best-animated parts of the movie. Both scenes were done by the same animator and has his unique weighty character animation.

Webm related, it's the same animator
>>
>>124235812
Prelude and Talk.

Supposedly, they were prologues to Tsukihime 2.

>http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/77-Tsukihime-2-Prelude-Translation-by-Evospace
>http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/47-Talk-translation-by-Crimson-%28NOT-ME%29

Of course, Nasu and Takeuchi have made it clear for the past ten years that they have no intention of creating such a sequel.
>>
Nice cat
>>
>>124235834
Its just some decent keyframes with spaghetti arms and blur in between them. Its not terrible, and as I said, it looks good, but if you want "unique weight" in character animation I suggest you rewatch Asuka vs. the MPEs (Or the scene with the spider mech in GitS, they were both done by the same person)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.