[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't see a Shokugeki no Soma thread to dump these in,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: bakerufurikake03.jpg (105 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
bakerufurikake03.jpg
105 KB, 1200x500
I didn't see a Shokugeki no Soma thread to dump these in, just made the furikake from the last episode.
Left is furikake by themselves, right is on rice.
>>
File: k2rhh.gif (183 KB, 300x267) Image search: [Google]
k2rhh.gif
183 KB, 300x267
>>123933666
Animated GIF made of the broth cubes melting.
>>
File: bakerufurikake01.jpg (88 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
bakerufurikake01.jpg
88 KB, 1000x750
>>123933697
You need:
A. Soup: bonito broth 700cc (about 3 cups), few teaspoons of sake (or white wine), mirin, sugar
You can create the bonito both by boiling about 10g of Katsuobushi in 700cc water, then running it through a filter (kitchen towel will work) through a funnel.
This is how I made mine.

1. Cook 6~7 chicken wings until brown
2. Simmer the chicken wings in the soup made in A for about 30 minutes or until soup is reduced to half
3. Take the chicken out, set aside. Run the soup through net to clear any junk, then pour in a flat container
4. Place the container in ice water, and cool in the fridge for 30 min
>>
>>123933666
Good attempt, but a) your scallion pieces are too big and b) so are your aspic cubes - they need to be smaller in order to melt easier in the rice.

Adding the actual chicken meat is a nice touch...
>>
>>>/ck/
>>
File: bakerufurikake02.jpg (83 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
bakerufurikake02.jpg
83 KB, 1000x750
>>123933740
1. Peel the chicken wings by hand, set aside
2. Scramble 4 large eggs
3. Pull the cooled soup out of the fridge, make sure it's solidified as jelly-like.
4. Cut the soup into cubes.

Now place the cubes and chicken in a bowl, and cover it with scrambled eggs.
Then pour them over a hot steaming rice, and you're set.
>>
>>123933754
The manga and anime didn't show the chicken, but the actual recipe in the manga says to use the chicken used for the broth.

Also, they melted fine in this size, as you can see in the animated gif.
>>
I don't know much about cooking, but I'm nterested and reading, OP, keep posting.
>>
>>123933840
I phrased that wrong - think of it as better distribution than easier. - the more you have of them spread over the dish, the more flavor gets dispersed. That'll learn me to not pre-check what I post.
>>
Decided to get decently good at cooking over the summer, gonna save these threads.
>>
Not a fan of broth, but yeah whatever.
>>
>>123933666
And to think that fucking uppity cunt failed him. I hope she loses her position as an examiner after losing her objectivity so tragically. I also hope she gets raped by a gorilla in her bath, just for justice.
>>
>>123934248
Nope. Main girl. Thematically, she's the only one that Souma never can get to say oishii so she's the one he wants to feed, even if she's a colossal bitch who nearly destroys his professional cooking career before it even started because she was too damn haughty and didn't like the idea of a chef being too uppity towards her. If Shinomiya had been cooking, she probably would have failed him too, based on the fact that he is also a snarky jackass.
>>
>>123933840
is there anywhere that the manga recipes are translated?
>>
The manga would be good if it wasn't so "Yamato Banzai". Will nips ever realize that they're mediocre at best when it comes to food?
>>
File: _Ah~n.png (15 KB, 123x180) Image search: [Google]
_Ah~n.png
15 KB, 123x180
>>123933666
>>123933697
>>123933740
>>123933798
Looks fucking yummy as hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 420x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 420x333
>>123933666
Absolutely fucking dreadful!
>>
http://www.readmanga.today/shokugeki-no-soma/114

English scans for anyone interested.
>>
>>123937292
Someone should stop with the Hinako bullying before she snaps and does something crazy.
>>
>>123937292
How do those translations compare with viz/casanova?
And no, i don't care that they're faster.
>>
>>123936438
We have our Gordon Ramzey - Erina.
>>
>>123934248
he was disrespectful - jackaass to her so she was a jackass towards him too

equal treatment
>>
>>123937866
It's pretty bad.
>>
>>123938218
>he was disrespectful - jackaass to her so she was a jackass towards him too
It was her job to evalute his cooking skills, and she lied and said they were lacking. If she had a problem with his conduct, she should have taken it up with the higher ups. As it stands, she's a liar as well as a cunt
>>
File: db16dc5a.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
db16dc5a.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
shigoku
>>
>>123933666
Bluebeard?
>>
>>123938218
Later on in the manga, you meet Shinomiya, a Tootsuki graduate with a massive chip in his shoulder and he's even cockier than Souma is, but even if everyone hates his personality, his skill is acknowledged for what it is. There's a lot of distasteful personalities in Tootsuki, some are outright warped and twisted, and they still made dishes good enough to get in. Erina is supposed to be a professional. She should be able to overlook the fact that the chef is an asshole if the only criterion is the taste.
>>
>>123938218
She started out as a jackass before he even began cooking. Bitch deserves all contempt, and that gorilla rape. Let's see how her god-tongue palate likes the fragrant taste of ape seed.
>>
>>123939894
She didn't even want to be there, she just wanted to go home and feed Hisako.
>>
>>123938218
>he was disrespectful - jackaass to her so she was a jackass towards him too
Lying about the quality of food in a cooking story is basically sacrilege.

The story basically can't continue if the food no longer matters.
>>
And I once again had to watch Erina be at her absolute worst and now fucking hate her again.

At least it's all uphill from here, and she's cute in full color too.
>>
>>123936135
Nips have good food man, there's a reason why they have the most Michelin star restaurants in the world.

inb4
>Michelin
It doesn't make any god damn sense why Japan would have the most if you could get a Michelin for being a pretentious prick.
>>
File: axolotl.jpg (382 KB, 1877x1242) Image search: [Google]
axolotl.jpg
382 KB, 1877x1242
>>123939342
How could one do that to such a cute critter?
>>
Souma hardly gives a fuck that Erina failed her, why should you guys?
>>
>>123940000
It's her fucking job, bitch, it doesn't matter where she wanted to be. Grandpa tasked her with a purpose and she wanted to go fuck off? To hell with her.
>>
>>123940263
You are right.
>>
>>123940263
Because autism. But also because she almost ends the manga before it begins and doesn't even get a slight scolding from her grandfather for it. The old man liked Souma's dish, so he obviously knew Erina was lying when she said no one was good enough, and he just lets her act out like a spoiled child, which only adds to the bad impression of her.
>>
>>123940000
Doesn't forgive her failing at the job and suffering no consequences.

Tons of other people in this series have gotten expelled for far less.
>>
>>123940263
Because the writers want her to be Souma's love interest. And instead she's the least interesting rival in the entire series due to her shitty uber-tsundere attitude.
>>
>>123933740
Any possible substitutes for either Katsuobushi specifically or bonito both in general?
>>
/ack/ best /a/
>>
>>123936135
>Will nips ever realize that they're mediocre at best when it comes to food?

Doesn't Japan have the most Michellin star restaurants in the world of any country?
>>
>>123941380
>using a tire company to judge your food
There's your problem m8
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.