[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This looks dumb, he looks dumb. Why does this show exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 21
This looks dumb, he looks dumb. Why does this show exist?
>>
the face doesn't match the voice.
>>
>>123709443
Because the franchise is dumb.
>>
>>123709443
It's fucking awful. Literally fanfiction. It's like all the soul was ripped out of Haruhi and all that was left was a generic and uninspired slice of life with Haruhi's all-star VA cast.
>>
They've trolled us with the Haruhi franchise before.

What makes you think this is any different?
>>
>>123709443
>Why does this exist

Someone wrote some fan-fiction and the franchise is a cash cow.

The first episode was alright if you go in not expecting more super natural shenanigans.
>>
File: 1428063762693.png (439 KB, 722x653) Image search: [Google]
1428063762693.png
439 KB, 722x653
>>123710766
They gave a SLIGHT hint that there may be something more.
>>
>>123711109
Yeah, maybe. But I'm pretty sure this is based of a manga that already exists. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that didn't have any scifi stuff in it.

I mean, I could see them working that angle and pulling some twist, but honestly, I like this based off e1; maybe not Yuki's obsession with having a turkey, but the show seems okay.
>>
>>123711167
>the show seems okay
If it had nothing to do with Haruhi, the first episode seems like it'd be nothing more than a kawaii romcom.

I for one will keep watching because I expect something more from these devious bastards.
>>
What does nips think of the first episode ?
>>
>>123709443
You looks dumb.
>>
>>123711292
11's have shit taste. So who cares?
>>
It bothers me that this exists, because it will clog up search engine results for "Disappearance" and will lead unsuspecting newfags to this trite instead of the original series and movie.
>>
File: 1378777349459.gif (494 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1378777349459.gif
494 KB, 480x270
>>123711261
We all know how this is gonna end.
>>
File: 1354784873857.jpg (31 KB, 350x409) Image search: [Google]
1354784873857.jpg
31 KB, 350x409
>shounenshit eaters say that its just a fanfiction and has nothing to do with anything, then act like it's somehow ruining the franchise in the same breath

They probably made this show just so they could laugh at you.
>>
>>123711321
If it sells well, maybe we get season 3.
Ha-ha, fat chance, i know...
>>
>>123711366
Based Satelight
>>
>>123711261
But anon, this is just a kawaii romcom. They took the Haruhi characters and removed everything supernatural and made them all human.
>>
>>123711376
It's a different studio doing it though.

I don't want S3 if Kyoani isn't doing it.
>>
>>123711387
First endless 8, now this.
What did we do to deserve it?
>>
File: 1423801918937.gif (774 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1423801918937.gif
774 KB, 640x360
>>123711363
>15 episode build up
>episode 16 is this
>>
>>123711408
>But anon, this is just a kawaii romcom.
For now.
>>
>>123711414
Kyoanus is too busy working on faggots swimmers and autism kids.
>>
File: New Haruhi.jpg (35 KB, 468x410) Image search: [Google]
New Haruhi.jpg
35 KB, 468x410
>TFW this is going to be the new Haruhi in this show.
>>
Basically I'm going to go into watching this by completely disassociating it from Haruhi entirely. It has no supernatural shenanigans, and the characters only vaguely look like the originals, so no use getting bent out of shape.
>>
10 more days until Haruhi come and steal the show.
I can bear 1 more episode of autism.
>>
File: how lewd soul eater.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
how lewd soul eater.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>123711449
>Kyoanus is too busy working on faggots swimmers and autism kids.
And becoming mirrionaires in the meanwhile.

What are YOU doing with your life?
>>
>>123711481
>>
>>123711491
Retaining shreds of self respect.
>>
>>123711491
>What are YOU doing with your life?
Not selling my dignity for money for sure.
>>
>>123711532
Respect is overrated and undervalued.
>>
>>123711416
Make fanfic and praise YukixKyon
>>
File: $N00005.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
$N00005.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>123711533
>Not selling my dignity for money for sure.
That is why you're poor.
>>
>>123711486
What makes this show so fun is the complete lack of Haruhi. This Nagato is so much better than any Haruhi.
>>
File: poorfag.jpg (382 KB, 960x1079) Image search: [Google]
poorfag.jpg
382 KB, 960x1079
>>123711595
>That is why you're poor.
Stop projecting.
>>
>>123711604
Disappearance Yuki at least have chance to stand against Haruhi., but this autismo doesn't even have it.
>>
>>123711622
You underestimate how much your dignity is worth.

>>123711604
>complete lack of Haruhi
You are correct, my friend! Behold, best girls vying for top spot! I watch only to see who comes out on top! Yuki-chan is merely a smoke screen!
>>
>>123711516
Sorry, I'm all out of bananas, so I cannot join you.
>>
File: DK.jpg (50 KB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
DK.jpg
50 KB, 375x300
>>123711739
>Sorry, I'm all out of bananas
Then what in the name of the Grand Potassium are you doing here?!

Get to questing!!
>>
>>123711735
Exactly. This show will allow other characters to have proper screentime, without Haruhi bitching all the time. Asakura and whatsherface were still faithful to their original character (maybe more human)
>>
>>123709443
You're not supposed to compare it to Haruhi because it's not Haruhi.
>>
Reminder that Kyon had better chemistry in this manga with Haruhi than with Nagato. The author realized this and that's why they haven't interacted with each other at all in a while.
>>
>>123710372
>Literally fanfiction.
When the day comes and people stop call fanfiction anything that they don't like and learn true meaning of that word.
>>
>>123709443
dont watch and shut up, retard
>>
>>123709443
What? The manga is great spin-off of the novels and the the only problems the Anime has is Yuki's VA, who really doesn't fit and that the art-style differs from the manga a little.
If you don't like the Haruhi series, then fine ignore it. If you don't like that the spin-off has a different tone from the novels then ignore it.

But I agree, that I don't understand why it got an adaption. Would rather see the rest of the novels adapted.
>>
I liked it a lot.

It's cute and endearing.
>>
>>123711167
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but that didn't have any scifi stuff in it.
You are wrong, later down the track Yuki goes back to her original personality for a bit and regains her original memories (Pre-world alteration). There's also the possibility of more scifi/supernatural elements to reappear. Though will only know when more chapters come out.

Is the manga publishing at a slow rate or is it just the scanlations being behind?
>>
>>123712135
>But I agree, that I don't understand why it got an adaption. Would rather see the rest of the novels adapted.

>>123712146
>I liked it a lot.
>It's cute and endearing.

Two completely sensible, if conflicting, responses.

Have a completely unrelated image that should make everyone happy.
>>
>>123712197
>Is the manga publishing at a slow rate or is it just the scanlations being behind?
How far along are you?
>>
>>123712215
I've read all the scanlated stuff, so up to chapter 41.
>>
Yuki-chan a best.
>>
>>123712286
Scanlations are behind: funny since the printed manga have released up to chapter 57. Recently purchased volume 7.
>>
>>123712342
>>
>>123712342
For some reason, despite them all being best girls, I find it hard to disagree.
>>
>>123709443
>kyon looks like a shitty self insert blank state character instead of looking like kyon
ONE FUCKING JOB
>>
>>123712425
Nigger please.
Kyon always looked like a shitty self-insert blank slate character. All they've done is update him from what the typical harem protagonist looked like in 2006 to what they look like in 2015.
>>
I feel that the author has a very poor idea of what makes good conflict. He introduced Haruhi, turned her into a possible romantic rival, and pushed her off to the side. She doesn't put up much of a fight and actually even kind of supports Nagato. In fact, her interactions with Kyon have been extremely minimal for a while now.

Then he introduces Sasaki, and once again, nothing substantial. Minor conflict, but ultimately, not even remotely a roadblock to Nagato's quest for love.

It honestly gets annoying when, despite having absolutely no obstacles whatsoever, the single greatest obstacle turns out to be the heroine herself. And it's been that way for five dozen chapters. It honestly just gets hard to root for her.

The worst part is how, despite the story's attempts to convince you otherwise, there are really only three major characters. The rest are just side-characters. You have Nagato the protagonist who can't seem to even tie her own shoes on her own, Asakura who exists solely to support her, and Kyon the love interest. The other characters are barely relevant to the main "plot". They even disappear for extended periods.

The story is, at its core, a chronicle of Nagato's failures at love. That's it. That's what the story is about, Nagato failing at love. And her failure is entirely her fault, despite all the support she's constantly receiving. Other characters are literally laying down a red carpet for her with Kyon standing at the end, no obstacles, nothing standing in her way, just a straight walk. And she ends up tripping over her own feet. Constantly.
>>
>>123712487
Good ol' days, huh?
>>
>>123711654
Anon, I hate to tell you but I recall this being the alt route kyon could have chose. And asakura is still technically batshit.
>>
File: $N00018.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
$N00018.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>123712487

For someone like this anon who doesn't care enough to read the manga, this is as good as it gets?
>>
>>123712741
>that face
There are people who seriously, actually, want these designs back?
>>
>>123712807
When I first watched The Melancholy. I thought her eyes were wa-ay too far apart, even for anime. It annoyed me. It still annoys me. This is one case where the title character is my least favorite, and I know I'm not alone.
>>
>>123711919
Isn't it really though? Main traits of fanfiction:

>not written by the creators/author
>made for fanservice to yourself or other fans
>characters are usually not quite themselves or act differently, setting may be off/unrealistic given the context of the series it's based on
>heavy change in tone and plot

You could say that I just described a "spinoff" but the thing about spinoffs is that they usually at least have some resemblance to the original series or take place in the same world, but Yuki-chan doesn't. Pretty much everything is different other than the superficial traits of the characters.

It's fanfiction. And the thing is that that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just a shame that Yuki-chan is bad fanfiction.
>>
File: $N00009.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
$N00009.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>123712886
>Main traits of fanfiction:
Where did you get those?

Not disagreeing, but curious.
>>
File: shot0076.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0076.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>123712807
S1's art style aged horribly. The upscaled 720p releases we all watch don't help either.

It was perfected in S2.
>>
>>123712915
>Where did you get those?
From his ass.
The only traits of fanfiction is that it is written by fans for free.
>>
File: 1401762585481.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1401762585481.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>123712924
>>
>>123712915
>Where did you get those?

My mind.
>>
>>123712886
I'm also curious, what differences between the characters do you see?

As a casual watcher (I last watched disappearance the year after it came out), they seem nearly identical to me, with the difference being their personalities being more fleshed out due to the setting.
>>
>>123709443
At least we no longer need to discuss if we want S3 to be handled by anyone other than KyoAni.
>>
>>123712487
>>123712487
The characters themselves are kinda shallow too.

We have the titular protagonist, who is defined almost entirely by four things: her love for the literature club, her love for video games, her love for Kyon and her low self-esteem. Let's analyze that a bit, shall we? First off, the literature club. Why does she love the literature club? Why was she so desperate to save it? Do note that this was before either Asakura or Kyon joined. She doesn't perform any duties related to the literature club and isn't even shown to have any interest in anything even remotely lit club-related. She does say that she loves books, but she honestly spends more time playing games than she does reading. Speaking of games, yeah, she's a gamer. She likes games. This is almost entirely irrelevant and seems to be simply a holdover from the author's prior work on Haruhi-chan. Her love for games is used solely for a few minor gags and that's it. Then there's her love for Kyon, which forms the bulk of the story. I already mentioned how basically the entire story is about Nagato's never-ending quest for love which she fails at constantly at no one's fault but her own. And finally, there's her low self-esteem, which is directly tied to her eternal failure at love. So ultimately, what you end up with is a rather two-dimensional character who's only significant trait is her extremely pathetic attempts to get Kyonpai to notice her.

Next is Kyon, who's basically a neutered version of the one we're already acquainted with. Think of Kyon, stripped of his cynicism, dry wit, clever monologuing and frequent references to obscure factoids. That's what Nagato-chan's Kyon is.
>>
>>123712998
This is nothing like season three though.
I would imagine there would be a considerable difference in how it's presented if it was.
>>
>>123713025
Asakura is defined entirely by her friendship with Nagato. Almost all her actions are fueled by her desire to support Nagato. She's not really shown to have any other friends other than Tsuruya and Kyon, and even then, her interactions with them are shallow and miniscule. She is a moon who revolved around Planet Nagato, and that's it. And while I would LOVE for this to be a clever callback to the fact that the original Asakura was, in act, Nagato's support unit and technically nothing but, the fact that Asakura is one of only three major characters to get any real significant screentime throughout the story kind of puts a damper on that.

Haruhi, somehow, despite her smaller and smaller paneltime, is actually one of the more interesting characters. Aside from the fact that she's practically the only character who actually makes shit happen in this story, she possesses a surprising amount of depth. She, like her original counterpart, is chasing after mysteries and fantasy, but is grounded enough in reality and common sense, easily moreso than her original counterpart, that it's not really obnoxious. She still retains some of the original's selfishness, but at the same time, she displays a shocking amount of sympathy towards others. Despite having a thing for Kyon, she stands aside for Nagato's sake, and even encourages her a bit in her own way. And did I mention she's pretty much the only one who seems to get things to happen? Sadly, despite that charisma, aside from two instances with Kyon, a lot of her interactions with the rest of the cast are rather shallow and minor. It really is a shame, because she seems to have some decent chemistry with Kyon and Asakura.

Tsuruya and Mikuru are gag characters who exist for gags and nothing else. Koizumi is there just because. He serves no real purpose, barely even speaks to Haruhi, and for the most part, seems to exist solely so that Kyon can have another male to interact with every now and again. Dead weight.
>>
File: shot0318.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0318.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>123712487
B-B-B-B-B-BUT IT'S CUTE

Yukifags are shit. And I say that as a Nagatofag.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.