[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arslan Senki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 886de21d3b0.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
886de21d3b0.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
I liked this shit. Would I spoil myself too much watching the 90's movies or OVAs?

Also, I see the source novels still haven't ended. Original ending guaranteed, or will they do multiple seasons?
>>
read manga first
then do the fuck you want.
>>
>>123572992
>read manga first
Then what would be the point of watching it?
>>
>>123573353
are you seriously asking this
you are ruining my good sunday evening
>>
>>123573464
Why should I watch something i've already read makes no sense
>>
>>123573464
It's also a visual medium, you already know the story, and it's not like the show has outstanding animation or anything. What would be the point of reading the manga right before watching it?
>>
>>123573747
Watching something you loved reading animated is the joy of anime.
>>
Is it worth watching HS? Funimation is awful a lot of the time.
>>
>>123574003
Make your own decisions, anon.
>>
>>123573806
>first episode of Kaiji S2 airs
>can't handle the hype, need to know what happens next, so I look for the manga
>"OK, one more chapter and I'll stop"
>read through the whole Pachinko arc in one sitting that very night
>don't watch anymore of S2 because I already know what happens
>>
>>123574003
Having watched this and Seraph, I don't think Funi have been that bad this season.
>>
>Show is basically crusades 2.0
>Lusitanian army is the bad guy (I'm portuguese, therefore from lusitania)
>Show focus on the seemingly arabic side
>Fuck shit shit show and for them focusing on the shit skins
>The animation is also shit
>>
I get the impression that the ambition of this project sort of outstrips the abilities of the studio making it. The quality was lackluster for a first episode, but it doesn't seem like they'll be able to maintain even this level for very long.

Is this going to be 1 cour or 2?
>>
>>123576985
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>123576985
>ancient Persia
>arab

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>123575851
You should watch Denpa Kyoushi if you want to change that opinion.
>>
>>123577183
He's just a shitposter. Relax, in a few weeks they'll stop shitting up Arslan threads once you ignore them.
>>
>in the first minute cavalry charge head on at pikemen
>the pikemen charge the cavalry
Did people actually do this?
>>
>>123577397

>cataphracts
>being stopped by spears

If those guys were in a tightly packed formation with their spears braced they might have stood a chance.
>>
>>123577397
Ammianus Marcellinus, a noted Roman historian and general who served in the army of Constantius II in Gaul and Persia and fought against the Sassanid army under Julian the Apostate, described the sight of a contingent of massed Persian cataphracts in the 4th century:

…all the companies were clad in iron, and all parts of their bodies were covered with thick plates, so fitted that the stiff-joints conformed with those of their limbs; and the forms of human faces were so skillfully fitted to their heads, that since their entire body was covered with metal, arrows that fell upon them could lodge only where they could see a little through tiny openings opposite the pupil of the eye, or where through the tip of their nose they were able to get a little breath. Of these some, who were armed with pikes, stood so motionless that you would think them held fast by clamps of bronze

By the way, the lances and halberds Persian heavy calvary use? They were verified by Roman eye witness accounts to shishkabob multiple infantry at once.
>>
>>123572992
>reading the manga
Why when you can read the novel?
>>
>>123577696
The novel has been going on for almost 20 fucking years and Tytania just finished a few months ago.
>>
GAAAAAAY
>>
Nice to see a new setting.
Tired of medieval europe/samurai japan.
>>
>>123574361
Kaiji is different. No one watches it for the art.
>>
>>123577553
You're talking about a series where 6 people will defeat 50000 without any of them being superhuman. The strategy is lighting 50 torches across an entire mountain in the span of a few seconds.

With 6 people. 3 of them are distracting the enemy. 1 of them is waiting to ambush the general who runs ahead of his army to charge up a mountain.
>>
>>123577397
No, it's an anime.
>>
Oh, I forgot.
>>
>>123579457
>>123579217
>>
>>123577397
It's written by the guy who wrote LOGH.
>>
>>123578676
The blonde one is a girl
>>
So, I read the manga.

The SJWs at animesuki are mad that they made Farangis sexy. Because obviously, she isn't supposed to be sexy.

Anyway, who ends with Arslan in the end?
>>
>>123576985
The OVA's changed them from Muslim knock-offs to Byzantine knock-offs
Probably because the Japanese translator for "The Satanic Verses" had been killed a few months earlier, thanks to the Iranian mullahs fatwa on the book. And in case you haven't noticed, Pars=Persia/Iran.
>>
>>123580770
Seriously?
>>
>>123580770
Oh boy, that makes everything better.
>>
>>123579178
Hopefully they go the route of the original OVAs with this scene

where Arslan lures them into a gorge while maintaining the high ground and breaks a dam to drown all of them
>>
>Lady Mother
>>
>>123582385
>screenshot
>>
>>123582330
You can wish all you want but I don't think it's going to happen given that we saw the Arakawa original scene of loosely formed infantry ranks charging straight into galloping cataphracts.

There's a better chance of Japan animating Song of the Long March than what you asked for, and it comes with the dam strategy all the same.
>>
>>123582385
Nobody said localization was professional.
>>
>>
>>123582385
What's the problem?
>>
>>123582582
I don't get it, what's wrong with her tits?
>>
>>123583299
They are MEGA MILK tier.
>>
>>123582580
Actually this one is quite literally professional.

Just not high quality.
>>
>>123583293
It sounds stupid. I get that they were trying to convey the meaning of 母上, but they should have just translated it as "Mother".
>>
>>123582582
Is she always ice cold?
>>
A lot of sexy men in this.

Any pic of grow up blondie?
>>
>>123582385
>1280x800
>png
>thinks he has the right to complain

>>123583405
Just because you are getting paid to do it, it doesn't mean you are a complete retard at it.
>>
>>123581721
Of course not you fucking retard.
>>
>>123583707
It does mean you are a professional though.
>>
Fuck, this was a good first episode
>>
>>123583707
>Just because you are getting paid to do it
That is what being a professional means. It says nothing about quality.
>>
>>123583773
>>123583839
It means you are unqualified and probably paid less than someone would be qualified. Getting random college students to do it doesn't make them professionals. You need to actually have the proper skills for it. They are just using amateurs to do it for dirty cheap.
>>
>>123583405
It was a jab at the dubbing/localization industry man.
>>
Dirty thief shota made my dick twitch
>>
>>123583411
Nope, it should be something like Esteemed Mother, there's plenty of alternatives. They just suck dick and got lazy as per usual.
>>
>>123583773
Bums get paid a few quarters for washing people's cars during traffic. Guess they are professionals.
>>
>>123584095
Esteemed Mother still sounds weird
>>
>>123584080
There is nothing gay to see here.
>>
Fujoshit
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.