[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Episode 11: epic Karin fight. >Episode 12: shitty ending.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: glaring karin.jpg (52 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
glaring karin.jpg
52 KB, 640x360
>Episode 11: epic Karin fight.

>Episode 12: shitty ending.

I don't even.
>>
>>123548141
All things must pass.
>>
>>123548151
All endings are shit.
>>
>>123548141
>epic
>>
>an anime has a shitty ending

wow it's almost like every other anime ever.
>>
File: shiggidy diggidy doo.jpg (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shiggidy diggidy doo.jpg
53 KB, 250x250
>>123548141
>he doesn't even
>>
File: a little edgy today.jpg (31 KB, 296x339) Image search: [Google]
a little edgy today.jpg
31 KB, 296x339
>>123548321
Don't be a fag, it wasn't that bad.
>>
File: 1427657170211.gif (176 KB, 360x400) Image search: [Google]
1427657170211.gif
176 KB, 360x400
>>123548141
Commentary from the writing staff: According to an interview by ANN.

>We're aware that the ending to Yuki Yuuna was not what everyone hoped for. In all honesty, the ending was all we hoped it would be, we weren't in a rush to make this a sad series. It's was obvious from the central themes of friendship and connections that there would be a happy ending. The last scene drew inspiration from our desire to see Tougo and Yuki rub their underage vaginas against each other until their sexual tension was washed away with the vaginal fluid of the two obvious lovers and I think our ending portrayed that exactly. Go fuck yourselves
>>
>>123548940
They could have done better than that though.

For example Madoka's ending is hardly a bad ending, but at least there is a price to pay. Homura and Madoka still rub their pussies, but Madoka had to sacrifice herself to save everyone else. In Yuki Yuna there is no sacrifice. No drawback. All the suffering they went through the series is just erased by "muh Willpower".
>>
>>123550608
So basically, the ending's shit because it's not bittersweet.
>>
>>123550645
That's not the only issue. I would personally would have liked a bittersweet ending. But if you decide to go for a good ending, put some effort into the development of the story towards that direction. In Yuki Yuna things magically fix themselves for no reason except "Willpower". I might have accepted a good ending if it actually made a bit more sense.
>>
>>123550802
>In Yuki Yuna things magically fix themselves for no reason except "Willpower".
Yuuki Yuuna is just that good.

I think one of the things you might be annoyed by is the mood whiplash that comes from watching 11 and 12 in succession. After a week of suffering most people were too relieved at the ending to complain about the pacing (which was not great).
>>
>>123550932
>I think one of the things you might be annoyed by is the mood whiplash that comes from watching 11 and 12 in succession.

Yeah that might be true. Though there is a period of transition in the beginning of episode 12 where Yuna is in a vegetable-like condition.

Yet it was just too easy for them to fix everything without giving any good explanation for that happening.

I can't say that I hate this anime because overall it was a good ride, I just wish they bothered to think about something for the ending instead of pulling it out of their asses.
>>
>>123551107
The explanation is literally that Yuuna is hardcore enough to give everyone a happy ending. Just because it feels kind of lame doesn't mean they didn't think about it.

As additional context, at the time it was known from the prequel LN serialized simultaneously with the anime that the previous generation of heroes (Sonoko's) did not get an ending nearly as happy as YYY's.

Just enjoy your happy ending.
>>
File: its escapism marche.png (313 KB, 542x248) Image search: [Google]
its escapism marche.png
313 KB, 542x248
>>123551429
>The explanation is literally that Yuuna is hardcore enough to give everyone a happy ending.

And what's the point of that? I don't enjoy MCs that can so easily accomplish the impossible with willpower and nothing more. As I said, at least Madoka tried to come up with some kind of mechanics that explained the end result. And Madoka had to pay a price, which seems reasonable since you rarely get free shit in this world. The magical "fix everything and erase all consequences" of Yuki Yuna is too much out of this world and unrelateable.
>>
>>123551673
>I don't enjoy MCs that can so easily accomplish the impossible with willpower and nothing more.
Hero Club Tenet Five. You're likely to succeed if you try

>The magical "fix everything and erase all consequences" of Yuki Yuna is too much out of this world and unrelateable.
It's not fixed. It's patched.

But if you really must know, somebody had to die to give any of the current heroes the ability to mankai in the first place. Is your inner edgelord appeased?
>>
>>123548141
Just go to the other thread, check the catalog
>>
File: edgemaster.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
edgemaster.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>123552296
>Hero Club Tenet Five. You're likely to succeed if you try

"Likely" doesn't mean "always". Especially when trying to do the impossible.

>somebody had to die to give any of the current heroes the ability to mankai in the first place. Is your inner edgelord appeased?

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. And I'm not even being ironic.
>>
>>123552296
It has nothing to do with his inner edgelord but rather about having decent storytelling, not just bring up the power of whatever and make it all work because fuck you. It doesn't really matter what happenned in the prequel LN.
>>
Literal madoka rip off with shoehorned happy end.
>>
File: nibosshi.png (46 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
nibosshi.png
46 KB, 624x624
>>123552603
>>
>>123548940
Legit.
>>
>>123552594
>bring up the power of whatever make it all work because fuck you
that's what heroes do
>>
They should have kept at least some disabilities.

I'm not saying everyone had to become a vegetable, but seeing everyone getting away scot-free is kinda meh.

Also, what about my fetish for Togo in wheelchair? Why does she walk in the ending? I never signed up for this.
>>
File: fire.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
>Ending
>>
>>123552882
>Also, what about my fetish for Togo in wheelchair?
Thank god she got her legs back, or else the cripple fetishists would never have let her go
>>
>>123553030
But you know, not like I care about political correctness but I wonder how disabled people handled the show. It kinda makes fun of their lives. "You thought I was handicapped? Lol, just kidding, I can walk in the ending! Sucks to be you guys who will stay stuck in your wheelchairs for the rest of your lives".
>>
File: 1419418009756.jpg (723 KB, 1000x2380) Image search: [Google]
1419418009756.jpg
723 KB, 1000x2380
obligatory
>>
>>123552859
That's why most stories about heroes are pretty shit too.
>>
>>123553162
> most stories about heroes are pretty shit
Unless you watch everything there is I can't imagine what would have compelled you to watch a series titled "Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero," it's right there in the title.
>>
>>123553250
How could he complain about everything if he didn't watch everything?
>>
>>123553250
Well I did find it entertaining, the qualoty of the story is a whole other thing. I'm one of those rare individuals capable of separating their entertainment and the way they evaluate a show.
>>
I want to fuck Yuuna.
>>
>>123553459
Oh, you're one of those "literary" people. Gross.
>>
File: yuna come at me bro.png (396 KB, 610x381) Image search: [Google]
yuna come at me bro.png
396 KB, 610x381
>>123553560
We all do.
>>
Post yfw you realise the dub cast has been announced.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-04/xanthe-huynh-erika-harlacher-star-in-yuki-yuna-is-a-hero-english-dub-cast/.86699
>>
File: girl loving devil.jpg (62 KB, 804x506) Image search: [Google]
girl loving devil.jpg
62 KB, 804x506
>>123550608
>Homura and Madoka still rub their pussies
But they don't. They get separated, and it drives Homu insane.
>>
>>123554036
And that's from where Rebellion takes off.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.