[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diebuster isnt nearly as good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
Diebuster isnt nearly as good
>>
>>123528293
It isn't very good. I haven't seen Diebuster yet.
>>
And Gunbuster isn't nearly as good as Eva.
>>
Diebuster is better

They're both perfect 10/10s
>>
Gunbuster has one of the best endings in anime

Rest is pretty average though

Maybe I didn't embrace that 80s cheese enough
>>
I liked the first half of Gunbuster more than the second.

I liked the second half of Diebuster more than the first.

I liked Diebuster more overall.
>>
Gunbuster was mostly pretty bad, but when it was good it was fucking great

Diebuster was mostly mediocre, but when it was good it was just good.

And yet I still fucking adore both.
>>
I prefer Diebuster.

Spoilering your shit opinions doesn't make them any less shit.

This doesn't apply to my opinions though.
>>
File: ..png (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
..png
12 KB, 256x256
>>123528906
>Gunbuster was mostly pretty bad
>>
>>123528666
>Maybe I didn't embrace that 80s cheese enough

That cheese was so delicious
>>
Gunbuster had lower lows and higher highs.

Diebuster was middle-of-the-road all the way through.

Aim for the Ace is better than either of them.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1020 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1020 KB, 500x340
>>123528293
What was that?
>>
I don't like either one of them. People forget that other than the awesome fights, Gunbuster was a horrible shoujo school anime parody. Diebuster is OK by itself but it's too lolwacky for the serious plot as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>123528346
>It wasn't very good.
Pls sudoku.

>>123528497
>Diebuster is better.
Nice shit taste.
>>
>>123532621
I expected the most amazing thing ever so it was a disappointment.
>>
>>123532689
Its because you autism'd hard.
>>
>>123532727
Or, it's just not very good.
>>
>>123532767
Or, you have shit taste.
>>
>>123532621
Diebuster has

-Better music
-Better art
-Better animation
-Prettier colors
-Better characters
>>
>>123528293
Gunbuster 2nd half > Diebuster > Gunbuster 1st half.

It's that easy.
The 2 shows had a very different approach to the same thing anyway.
>>
>>123528293
I only watched it last year and I was not impressed compared to gunbuster
>>
File: whisper-small1.jpg (46 KB, 448x334) Image search: [Google]
whisper-small1.jpg
46 KB, 448x334
Diebuster > Gunbuster
>>
>>123532879
Diebuster has:

- Shitter OST
- Was animated almost 2 decades after Gunbuster
- Shit color schemes
- Awful characters

Its basically a watered down superflous sequel to Gunbuster, which is why someone like you loves it. Less talking, less exposition, less coherent story; more action, less development (actually basically none), and mindless entertainment.

Enjoy your shit taste.
>>
As someone who likes Gunbuster, the elitists are awful. It's especially funny to see them present it as deep or some shit when it's a slightly more coherent Daicon film.
>>
>>123533160
>h-h-hipster argument
Are you even trying?
>>
>>123533160
>buzzwords
Anon gives up.
>>
>>123533022
That sums it up pretty well.
>>
>>123533160
You aren't seriously going to try and argue that Diebuster wasn't largely a very simplified story in terms of coherence, dialogue, and atmosphere compared to Gunbuster.

As someone who likes both, Diebuster is very much a departure in terms of its presentation compared to the original series. Its really just a sequel in name only. They could remove Gunbuster 2 and retitle it to "Top Squadron" and it stand fine on its own. Diebuster is generally just light-hearted, little drama, and feels more like a straight up Super Robot inspired series focused on action and concessional gag humor.

There's a huge mood whiplash I know for a lot of people who go from watching Gunbuster to Diebuster. Its styled and set so dramatically differently, you feel it from the very start and it keeps that feeling on you till the very end.
>>
Talking in spoilers is stupid, just say your fucking opinions and take the backlash like a fucking man
Gunbuster has the best ending of all times
>>
>>123532879
That sums it up pretty well.
>>
File: 1365024027102.jpg (62 KB, 520x599) Image search: [Google]
1365024027102.jpg
62 KB, 520x599
>not enjoying both
>>
>>123533022
>mindless entertainment
A stark contrast to the literary merit of Gunbuster.
>>
>>123528293
The final episode is the best single episode of any anime I've ever seen
>>
>>123533519

80s fags aren't allowed to enjoy any sequel or remake and if you so much as MENTION them you better be prepared to deal with people whining about floofy hair
>>
>>123533489
Actually I just saw his post while scrolling down the first page and needed to get something out of my system. Sorry anon. I'll delete the post and go drink some bleach.
>>
>>123533682
kill yourself you nerd
>>
Diebuster finale > Gunbuster > Diebuster
>>
Gunbuster was a slow burner compared to Diebuster but it had a better payoff at the end.
Both of them are great and worth a watch if you even remotely enjoy mecha anime, though.
>>
>>123528293
The endings of both make me cry like a bitch every time anyways
>>
>anime that actually had the soviet union set in the future
>good

Gunbuster plot was bare bones friendship and mechas shit. Diebuster had some great twist that felt very natural in comparison.
When some people talk about Diebuster being simplified, I can only imagine they are talking about the mecha and space details, which was minute. Outside of the details, the plot very well done. You always have this feeling that something isn't right and the show rewards that feeling by revealing another twist. A good plot will have you figure out the twist about a few minutes beforehand. Not to late making you confused and angry but not to long as to have the feeling of anticipation wasted.
The pacing before the Titan reveal was great.

The only reason I can imagine someone would prefer Gunbuster is because they're an oldfag who was a kid when they first seen it or they prefer the shoujo esque tone of Gunbuster to the maniac tone of Diebuster.
Or perhaps you watched the second one first and some of the plot twist didn't seem as interesting to you until you watched the first one where they all started to click.
>>
>>123533585
SMISSU! ;_;

I cry everytime.
>>
>>123536759
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAACHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.