[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundamn Build Fighters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: gundambuildfighters.jpg (1 MB, 1300x914) Image search: [Google]
gundambuildfighters.jpg
1 MB, 1300x914
Slowpoke here, recently I started on this because I thought it might be a good starting point to understand Gundam, and I've got ep 5 paused in the background as I type this... But.

Am I supposed to be laughing my ass off? I don't know why, but this whole thing is hilarious. It's almost like a parody, but very low-key. Part of it is how blatant it is about being a toy commercial, and it's taken to such a far extreme that it becomes absurdly funny. Am I the only one?

Also, is there any actual romantic progression? I bet not, but might as well ask...
>>
>>123502142
>It's almost like a parody, but very low-key.

Well it's not low key because it is indeed a parody. The thing with the Gundam franchise is that, despite it having a story that is sometimes better than other mecha shows, in the end in essence it's toy commercial. It's there to make the robot in the show look really cool and make children buy it. But they never really acknowledge that in the shows themselves, they just go about the story while making the gundams relevant.

This show is just Sunrise making fun of itself, albeit with a bit more class and more a lot more fun. It's also a bit of a love letter to all the gundam fans that have supported the company by buying the toys, showing cameos from fanfavorite characters from other series and as a whole make the thing more kid friendly as contrast to the whole "War-Drama" that gundam has going on since the beginning.

It's best not to take it seriously, because it wasn't meant for that. I don't really recommend watching it before watchin the other Gundam series, because you wouldn't appreciate the injokes that they have in there. Still, it's a good watch, just not as good if you don't really know anything about the franchise.
>>
>>123502418
>I don't really recommend watching it before watchin the other Gundam series, because you wouldn't appreciate the injokes that they have in there.

I can sort of tell some of them. I bet there's a lot that I miss, but such is life.

But as a Finnfag I am, by Finnish law, obligated to watch every piece of foreign media that has a Finnish character so I might have to watch this anyhow...
>>
>>123502142
>I thought it might be a good starting point to understand Gundam
GBF it's literally the show you properly enjoy after getting very familiar with the Gundam franchise. Also Sei and Reiji get married.
>>
Ok, after considering it, I think I might drop this then. I've been amused, but not *gripped* by it.

If GBF is not babby's first Gundam, is there anything that is?
>>
>>123502672
Start with the original.
>>
File: 1385409768861.jpg (158 KB, 956x539) Image search: [Google]
1385409768861.jpg
158 KB, 956x539
There are tons of references in every episode. From background characters, to specific lines, to niche MS, to store names, and even episode titles. The thing was actually made as part of the 35th anniversary of gundam and was meant to celebrate the franchise.

Also, it proved G-savior exists.
>>
>>123502727

Suddenly I feel very weary.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe another day.
>>
>>123503036
The original is one of the best gundam shows.
>>
The romantic progression is there but it's done in tasteful manner. Unlike the shitty second season which tries too hard and is just average harem.
>>
>>123503072

Ah, is that the one that's called 0079? Maybe I'll watch that then. One series sounds like something I can handle at my age.
>>
>>123502142

Just don't watch Try after GBF.
>>
>>123502672
dont watch the original gundam it aged like shit

watch gundam 00. it was the last good gundam (well season 1 anyway). it goes downhill with season 2 and them the movie. i still enjoyed s2 though. ymmv
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.