[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of this anime? I think the animation and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
What does /a/ think of this anime?
I think the animation and character designs are top notch, and the action is decent, but it's only the first episode and I expect those to take a nosedive.

I don't like the plot though. The main character has a nice personality but his entire goal is that he wants to fuck this girl he knows NOTHING about. I hate people who are this desperate for a girlfriend.
>>
I'm getting really sick of battle harem light novels with gary sues and boring wish fullfillment getting the high budget studios but what are you going to do do,anon? Dumb stuff like this sells to otaku, waifus are everything over there
>>
>>123497179
>think the animation and character designs are top notch
That's some low standard you have there
>>
>>123497311
Were you not here last season or something? World Break is exactly that and had the worst QUALITY so far of 2015.
>>
They've done an awful job of presenting the show's main conflicts and characters in the first episode. 2 minutes out of 20 spent actually inside the dungeons. Hoping it gets better but I won't hold my breath
>>
>>123497311
The MC isn't a Gary Stu in this show, he's another oblivious beta, which is far worse
>>
>>123497311
Dropped because the setting is beyond stupid. With the recent rise of RPG-like world setting, battle harems took a turn for the worse. I'm not shitting on battle harems. There are many decent reads out there. Just that there are too many of it.
>>
>>123497311
He's not a gary stu, he's some guy with a +EXP skill and he's driven by his boner.
I think that's a stupid goal, to get a girlfriend, but whatever. As long as it's entertaining I'll watch for another couple episodes.
>>
>>123497179
You had a problem with the plot?! Did you even read the title? Why even watch then?

It was interesting. Humor, the designs are nice, voice acting good. Actual blood. Will watch ep 2.
>>
It's a fun show.
However, it's going to get popular and thus people are going to shitpost about it a fuckton. It's also going to attract those kids who can only watch mature shows, which will never stop complaining about how lewd it is.
>>
I never like this huge long titles
>>
I enjoyed the first episode.

I'm sure it'll get better as the series continues.

I already wish I had a cute goddess fawning over me because I'm her only follower.
>>
i enjoy short stacks in my Chinese cartoons
>>
>>123500440
Oh shit id be happy if this became a stupid meme on /a/
>>
I think this will get as popular like SAO and everyone is gonna hate it because of how popular it is. Hell, I think it might get a dub and run on Toonami. But I'm pretty sure everyone on /a/, watching or not, will agree that the autismo fanbase will ruin this.
>>
>>123497179
>I want to get stronger
The worst sentence spoken in every anime/manga ever.
>>
I didn't really like it very much but I'll stick around to see how the plot develops
>>
I like it before Accelerator suddenly shit talking MC in the pub.

It felt so forced, I cringed and paused the video for a while.
>>
>>123497179
I just hope his ability that lets him level quickly is just so he can catch up and not something that lets him exceed everyone.

On a side note what kind of RPG system are they using where level 5 is high level.
>>
>>123504391
It's a stat based system, from 1-1000. The author puts a letter from A-G or whatever behind the number to signify strength on the 1-1k scale.

Once you reach 1000 in every/most stats you can level up, which reduces your stats back down to 1 iirc.

Weird system indeed.
>>
>>123504391
Withing each level you have ranks from H to S so the differences between each level are quite big.
>>
>>123504453
Of course, MC is able to have stats higher than 1k just because.

Also keep in mind his super sekret ability speeds up his stat growth from nonexistent to the speed of sound.
>>
Yet another oblivious goody two shoes fag MC with special snowflake powers. What could be bad about it?
>>
>>123504391
It's probably more like a tier level or where monsters are divided in certain levels. Minotaurs for lvl 3 and giants for lvl 5 or something like that. And with your level you know what monsters are appropriate for your skill and experience so you don't die instantly.
>>
>>123504491
Bell is also super fucking dense, a literal retard.
>>
>>123504391
While his ability is pretty strong he also gets a lot of help unknown to him by his yandere goddess stalker. To actually gain a level usually requires great feats so it's not all about stats.
>>
>>123497311
As opposed to implied-lesbian SoL and idolshit?
>>
>>123497311
Why do you care?
>>
>>123504552
I dont know ive found idolshit and SoL a little comfier than battle harems lately
>>
Its going to be fun when MC forgives someone just like that who betrayed him, stole his stuff and left him to die alone against a group of monster just because "she is a girl".
>>
>>123504597
It's battle themed fo reason.
>>
Haven't watched it and already know it's yet another shitty harem animu.
>>
>>123497497
No, he's hidden gary stu. Don't you see his power increasing rapidly ?
By episode 7, every females in this character want to be impregnated by his dick.
>>
It was pretty fucking bad. Even SAO had a better first episode. And by god, the MC VA was even more whiny than usual.
>>
>>123505206
This.
Why people overrate this shit is beyond me.
>>
>>123505167
How can it be?
>>
>>123505264
What the fuck are you talking about ?
There are people overrating this already?
>>
>>123505488
Its the new Madoka of evangelion.
>>
The begining got my hopes up for something like Witch Craft Works, where female MC protects the (not entirely) useless guy, but second half of the episode shattered that dream.

Could also mention well done, detailed feet, but people seem to hate footfags on /a/
>>
>>123497311
>I'm getting really sick of battle harem light novels with gary sues and boring wish fullfillment

Still better than series were absolutely nothing happens.

I know this shows have little development but little development is still more than no development at all.
>>
>>123505488
It's an LN that has been around for awhile now.

ITT secondaries
>>
>>123505694
Well, from what I've read in the novels Ais trains him a bit by beating the shit out of him until he doesn't lose too horribly, he's still much weaker than her.
>>
So will somebody actually win in the end or is this another anime full with implied shit and NTR.

I still haven't recovered from Aldnoah Zero.
>>
>>123505694
She protects him multiple times in the future.

While you could argue Witchcraft Works is as much the MC's story as it is Kagari's, DanMachi is most definitely the story of the MC.
>>
>Nice setting
>Good art
>Cool character designs
>Cute girls
but then everything went downhill when the plot started
>>
>>123506026
>Nice setting

In general I like the setting but the RPG stats thing and skills is a bit excessive, it makes it feel too much parodic. Its something you would put in an RPG parody anime not in an actual fantasy anime.
>>
>>123506114
Yeah the item drop bit was pretty cringy especially
>>
>>123506026
> watching anime for plot
>>
>>123505979
The story gets a bit harem-y later on.
He's got two goddesses after his dick, the woman who saved him at the start has feelings for him, along with the barmaid, that elf and a hobbit. I feel like I might be missing someone too.
>>
>>123506200
>two goddesses
>implying Loki wouldn't go for it just for shitsngiggles
>>
>>123497755
I'm more annoyed by the fact that he apparently only has one target for his goal when the Goddess he lives with and that hot elf clerk Eina should be just as interesting to him.
The dense/clueless MC cliche is probably the absolute worst aspect of of most harem stories these days and it's only slightly mitigated when the story has a decent reason for the MC being that way.
>>
>>123506114
the whole 'fantasy setting so like a game it has game mechanics' thing has become kind of a fad in recent years.
>>
>>123506200
But the important question is does he act on any of these girls wanting him, or does the story drag on and fail entirely at anything approaching romance like most Harem stories?
>>
>>123506326
Annoyed because the MC has a love interest?
>>
>>123506326
His dream is to be an adventurer that picks up chicks from a dungeon by saving them, because that's what his grandfather who raised him told him. His grandfather was really important to him and he dreamed of encountering a girl in a dungeon and making him proud, Ais was that girl but she saved him instead. He fell in love with her, but Ais is impossibly strong so unless he can be at her level he has no chance, that's why he got that skill.
>>
>>123506377
He's a bit autistic and is more focused on being an adventurer right now, and to be fair their affections aren't so overt that only an MC with the density of a neutron star could ignore.
Freya, for example, is content to work behind the scenes and mold him into the perfect husbando before making her move.
>>
>>123497179
At least he started shit and wasn't tgm from the start.

It can go either way.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.