[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is SnS a good anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 42
File: Shakugan No Shana.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shakugan No Shana.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
Is SnS a good anime?
>>
THK is asleep post Tsundere
>>
>>123203744
Who is the better tsundere, Shana or Misaka?
>>
No, it's your average trash. Shallow characters, boring plot etc.

It has a pretty rabid fanbase though.
>>
>>123203778
Shana.
Reason: I don't like Index.
>>
>there are people on /a/ RIGHT NOW who haven't watched shana
>>
>>123204171
Why does that surprise you?
>>
Anime was mediocre, first part of season 2 was shit.
Novels are way better.
Thanks fucking JC Staff
>>
>>123203778
>comparing a tsunRie against any other character

I like zappyzap but you can't just compare them
>>
It's very mediocre and rather a bit dated. Although, it kinda is what made modern LNs what they are today.
>>
>>123203695
>S1 - Flame Hazes are very rare, and we fight alone! If two of us are in the same city, we fight each other to the death!
>S3: Flame Hazes are organized in an army! There are hundreds if not thousands of them and they work together all the time!
Just watch the first season, and maybe the second if you like Hakate and want to see Yuuji being a badass for once. Then watch the last 1-3 episodes of S3.

S3 is more about old and new side character's backstories as well as how the newly added flame haze organization work, which totally contradicts what Shana said in S1 (check first green arrow).
>>
File: 1335464312167.gif (496 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1335464312167.gif
496 KB, 320x180
>>123203778
>Who is the better tsundere, Shana or Misaka?
>Who is the better tsundere, Kugimiya Rie or Satou Rina
>>
S1 for OH GOD SHANA IS HOT
S2 for boring bitch nobody cares about
S3 for darth vader Yuuji
>>
>>123204510
Considering the fucking god of the enemies is suddenly brought back to life and the guy has the audacity to just go and grant any wish the enemy has, I consider that a a ragtag team of Flame Haze going against that makes sense.

Do you mean the Flame Haze army? Same situation, you've got a metric fuckload of enemies in a place and it's just logical to work together at that moment in order to ensure things go the right way. Then of course that snake decided to just go and tell them everything they fight for is meaningless and shit hit the fan.
>>
>>123204489
>Although, it kinda is what made modern LNs what they are today.

Is this good or bad, how am I suppose to take this? What were LNs about before SnS?
>>
File: Sonohara.Anri.full.250034.jpg (155 KB, 850x1176) Image search: [Google]
Sonohara.Anri.full.250034.jpg
155 KB, 850x1176
Posting best Flame Haze
>>
>>123204759
Actual respectable stories for young adults, or at least respectable to the extent a LIGHT Novel can be respected rather than wish-fulfillment magical harem battle crap.
>>
>>123204759
Before SnS, you had stuff like Mushishi, Kino's Journey, and Baccano.
After, you have stuff like Zero no Tsukaima, Infinite Stratos, and Oreimo.
>>
>>123204851
If anything, Index had a far larger influence than Shana, and the state of LNs today can all be attributed to Haruhi.
>>
>>123204941
I can see how SnS affected Zero no Tsukaima and IS, but Oreimo?
>>
>>123204941
>Zero no Tsukaima
Go fuck yourself with a rake, ZnT is still a great ongoing LN series and you can go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1345159151688.jpg (28 KB, 348x456) Image search: [Google]
1345159151688.jpg
28 KB, 348x456
>Best girl doesn't win

It's shit.
>>
Only if you are mentally dead.
>>
This anime is a fine proof of a franchise where people see the tree and miss the forest. It has a very catchy premise, good animation for a tv series, nice songs, and interesting chemistry between the main characters. And then you sit through the whole thing waiting for SOMETHING to happen only to realize soon enough that THERE IS NO SUBSTANCE IN IT! It is shallow, retarded, fan catering, pseudo-intelligent fan service for loli fans. The whole Shana phenomenon is a dud, overhyped nonsense by viewers with little exposure to good anime and with their loli goggles constantly on. One listening to what they have to say about it would make him think THIS IS A MASTERPIECE UNLIKE ANYTHING WE HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE when in reality it is just a shallow mediocrity, not better than a hundred other shows with similar premises. You don’t believe me? Look who made it then.

Animated by J.C. Staff which means three things: Fan service, fan service and fan service. Directed by Watanabe Takashi whose style is goofball comedies and fan service, so it fits the profile.

The most interesting part of the whole thing is the world in which the story takes place. There is this alternative world, where supernatural creatures stalk and feed on people, and there are other beings protecting the mortal world by battling the monsters. In order to balance the damage, they even replace the lost lives with torches, fake people of sorts which slowly fade away and are forgotten entirely when they die out. In effect, the victims of the monsters are replaced with substitutes that are slowly deleted from everybody’s mind, all in the name of universal stability. As expected, there are those who want to abuse this for a sinister future world threat.
>>
>>123205073
>ongoing
It will still be ongoing in my heart at least

;_;
>>
>>123205179
(cont)
A great premise that could create a captivating story if it had proper directing. I mean the terminology alone is so complicating and the relations between the factions and the fragile balance of the world are more than enough to fool the simple mind that there is something really smart and complicating going around here. Well it didn’t since the story is quickly thrown to the side for lots of shallow action, superficial romance, and loli fan catering. If you try to see how many things progressed in two seasons, plus the OVAs, you can easily see there isn’t much to talk about. Especially after the first season, the story becomes a joke; a poor excuse for fan service and aimless filler missions. As for the third season, the guys at the storyboard simply gave up; nothing makes sense and is presented in a vague, dull way. In a few words, THE SETTING GOES TO WASTE, THE STORY SUCKS, PACING IS TERRIBLE!

Eventually, it is not the story that most are fond of, as are the characters. Especially Shana, which easily ranks as one of the most famous tsunderes of all times. I mean why wouldn’t she be; it is a loli voiced by Rie Kugimiya, thus more than enough reason to create a huge fanbase of mesmerized lolicons. She was also her first famous tsundere role before she started to rehash it in the exact same way thereafter, thus it didn’t feel boring yet. During the first season the archetype seemed a bit fresh yet and Shana as a character had a decent opening to evolve and mature past her cold and bossy attitude. Unfortunately she didn’t and no matter how much they tried to fool the audience that she got softer and more open to people later on, she still retained her initial personality to the fullest. Hell, the scriptwriter even used the lame excuse of amnesia in the beginning of the second season, in order to delete all the important things and words that happened in the finale of the first season.
>>
>>123205179
What the hell are loli goggles?
>>
>>123205155
Both Yoshida and Shana were best you cum eating faggot
>>
We can’t let the loli tsundere change; the lolicons will be pissed and it will be the end of the world!. As for the third season where there actually is development, it is presented in a most rushed and boring way that it doesn’t matter at all. In all, she is quite a tired stereotype and the only thing you will remember about it is “some girl with a flaming sword yelling URUSAI”.

I can say something similar about the lead character Yuji, the oh-so-typical normal highschool boy with little to no personality all modern shows must have. We clearly see how he matures and grows stronger in the second season, thus doesn’t exist as a spineless useless idiot, yet at the same time he is not really helpful in battles; he exists just for comedy while being tormented by Shana, and finally gaining her love with his blunt good guy attitude. I give the guy some credit for slowly improving in usefulness but still doesn’t exactly feels like someone special. The romance between him and the fiery loli is as kitch as it gets. “Shut up slave, lick my boots!” is all he does no matter what changes he is supposed to have. And seriously, what the hell happened to him in the third season? You have no bloody idea how he changed so much.

Just like the story, there isn’t any meaningful character development going on in here; most of the duration is cheesy romance that never heads anywhere, tired erotic humor, simplistic and repetitive battles with unimportant villains, and then becomes a random line of events nobody understands or cares to figure out. And the rest of the really important things are just deleted or neglected entirely BECAUSE CHANGE IS EVIL!
>>
I never liked this franchise, not even during the first season when the creators were trying a bit and fandom was going apeshit about it. I am not into tsundere lolis, I am not a Rie Kugimiya fan, I do not like retarded pseudo-serious settings that try to fool you with a million words of terminology, and I definitely do not like pussies in the roles of male protagonists. All that before I even realize the story had crappy handling. This franchise is proof of everything that is wrong with modern anime and the reason why more people drop the medium every year. Do not be fooled. Hate it and keep away from it as any man with taste and basic intelligence would do.
>>
>>123205246
It's like yuri goggles. Except instead of fantasizing that everyone is a lesbian, you fantasize that everyone is a loli. Even the men.
>>
File: Sylar is appalled.jpg (129 KB, 317x628) Image search: [Google]
Sylar is appalled.jpg
129 KB, 317x628
>>123205328
>Not liking the Rie
>>
>>123205397
That doesn't even make sense, yuri goggles does, but how do the loli goggles work?
>>
>>123205073
>ZnT is still a great ongoing LN series
>ongoing

Fuck you
>>
>>123204510
Flame Hazes organized in an army, yes. But that doesn't exactly mean there are "a lot" of them. I wouldn't say Flame Hazes are "rare" but they were certainly outnumbered by Denizens. Comparitively, I guess its more rare to run into another Flame Haze anywhere in the world than it is to run into a Denizen
>>
Why do I remember them as Guze no Tomogara rather than denizens of crimson?
>>
File: zero_no_tsukaima_114.jpg (1 MB, 5000x3281) Image search: [Google]
zero_no_tsukaima_114.jpg
1 MB, 5000x3281
>>123205209
>>123205426
Ongoing in everyone's heart, we all are waiting on the author's notes for closure.
>>
>>123205640
Because 'denizens of crimson' sounds retarded and just 'Tomogara' was used to denote them most of the time.
>>
>>123203695
Yes, top 5-10 for many /a/nons, with a vocal hater minority.
>>
>>123205872
But all I've seen are decent points why it's bad, and none for why it's good. Is it because nobody wants to be seen defending it?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3986891
>>
>>123205872
>many
You delusional idiot.
>>
>>123205704
I still cry myself to sleep sometimes
>>
File: original.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>123205909
Complex and yet comprehensible plot
Solid characters, even if you find Shana annoying and other girl kind of pathetic (she's necessary for plot)
Great antagonists
Great tension/buildup
Great action
Great art
Good animation
Epic climax
Satisfying resolution
Pheles and Wilhelmina
>>
>>123203695
the one who said it good is because it's one of pioneer anime with loli-tsun-cranky voice typical character. after 2008 the market already get over supplied bby this type anime. the demand got bored.
>>
>>123205934
Swallow my load faggot. You must be a hipster.
>>
File: 1424947621140.jpg (265 KB, 1400x945) Image search: [Google]
1424947621140.jpg
265 KB, 1400x945
>>123206036
>Wilhelmina

This, best fucking maid ever
>>
>>123203695
Yes, but it has it's fair share of problems. Still love the series.
>>
>>123206036
How about backing up those claims with reason?

Otherwise, post your blog on Facebook or MAL.
>>
>>123205909
The anime is a classic example of why /a/ hates JC Staff and most of the hate is related to that. JC Staff sacrificed story and character development for fanservice nobody asked for.

SnS is interesting in that it starts out as a very black and white world, but as it progresses we begin to see the factions instead as more grey. Tomogara are eating people, but that's the only way they can exist. Flame Haze may have a noble cause, but most people are chosen because of circumstances that make them shallow, hateful people just focused on revenge.

It then climaxes with the main character becoming the big bad, and the main couple fighting to 'save each other'.

Obviously this is super shortened, but a premise like this sounds interesting to me.
>>
File: wilhelmina.gif (1 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
wilhelmina.gif
1 MB, 448x252
>>123206089
Good taste, de arimasu.
>>
>>123206075
I'm just not a newfag like yourself. There's a huge portion of /a/ who hasn't seen it because it's old now.

Also, it's shit. There's literally no good argument for why it's good beyond baseless claims like "Great antagonists, Great action, Great this, Great that, everything is so great!!11"
>>
File: shot0006.png (782 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0006.png
782 KB, 1280x720
Shana-tan is the funniest thing J.C Staff ever made.
>>
>>123206125
I swear, I don't want to pull this card, but I had this exact same conversation with another fuck the other night and he had two areguments: Tsundere shit and "plenty of reasons"

Falls on you to refute, bitch.

>blog
This doesn't mean what you think it means, faggot.
>>
>>123206217
Besides Excel Saga, how could I forget.
>>
>watch S1 - love it
>watch S2 - have to keep myself from falling asleep on first half
>second half starts, all those twists, all the happening, those fights, willhelmina, the fucking OP starts playing in the climax of the last fight - love second half
>start S3 - pic related happens

I couldn't deal with the goosebumps, this scene was so hype and then the rest of the season was great as well, even if very rushed.
>>
>>123206213
Fuck off. You got nothing.
>>123206175
I definitely see Flame Haze's ambiguous morality as an important part of the plot/theme..
>>
>>123206036
I agree with most of this. Season 3 is trash, but SnS is solid overall.
>>
>>
>>123206280
>I swear, I don't want to pull this card
It's because you can't, idiot.

There's a series of posts in this thread that say it's shit; do you lack the brains to argue?

Again, rabid fanbase. You block your mind off to all forms of valid criticism so you can keep believing it's perfect.
>>
>>123206433
Wow.
>enraged rabid fanbase
Nice to see you again neckbeard.
>>
I'm not really fond of SnS, to be honest. I can't really feel the force behind each hit like with a GS. Besides, bombing takes up a lot of resources.
>>
>>123206360
Are you so obnoxious and superficial that you missed this?
>>123205179
>>123205226
>>123205282
>>123205328

I suppose you just don't have the brains.
>>
>>123206433
>There's a series of posts in this thread that say it's shit
Yeah, but they didn't back up their points, so we can ignore them.
>>
>>123206036
>Pheles and Wilhelmina
I'm kinda sad that Wilhelmina lost all her old friends. Her conclusion was great but watching Shana go after losing the last Burning-eyed, Flame-Haired etc. AND after finally having lost Johan and Pheles...she gets left behind by everyone and it took me until far after finishing the show to realize how fucking depressed she must have been
>>
>>123206496
I didn't bother reading your samefag wall of text? I'm sorry.

Stupid and 14, I know. We've been through this nbefore.
>>
>>123203695
Season 1 is okay for a LN adaption. Season 2 is fucking love triangle trash. Season 3 skips a lot and you'll have a hard time understanding anything but if you do understand it, it's actually not that bad.
>>
It has really great visuals, I think. And one genderbend episode, which is always fun.

VA work is phoned in, music is very generic jpop ballad, plot is all over the fucking place, and pacing is slower than tar. If you're going to watch it, best be ready to abuse your skip forward 5 seconds key.
>>
>>123206513
>but watching Shana go after losing the last Burning-eyed, Flame-Haired etc. AND after finally having lost Johan and Pheles...she gets left behind by everyone and it took me until far after finishing the show to realize how fucking depressed she must have been
u wot m8 doesn't she take the kid made out of magic stuff to Xanadu and stuff?
>>
>>123206546
It's a review copy-pasted from anime-planet.com
>>
>>123206510
Nice to see you're superficial as ever. Way to back up your claims in this hilariously bad post:
>>123206036
>>
>>123206594
A correct one at that.

It's no surprise you rabid drones can't form a counter argument.
>>
>>123206175
Shana is probably one of those: you probably should read the novels-series. How the MC and the viewers view the relationship between the Flame Haze and the Tomogara is one of Shana's more intersting points, and I feel a bit sad that the anime didn't do this as best as it should.

The anime basically skipped on the development of the main chracter and why he exactly changed sides, so I can see why some people don't like how he changed sides in S3. Sure, they try to explain it afterwards, but it feels a bit forced.

From what I hear, the novels handle it better, but that's still not good.
>>
>>123206594
topkek
>>
>>123206575
I might have been wrong on that account since it's been a while since I last saw the ending...but didn't they want JohanXPheles egg reincarnation baby to grow up in a world without Denizens? The not Xanadu world?
>>
>mfw novels will never get translated
>>
>>123206496
Not the guy you were replying to, but those posts are just opinions about JC Staff mainly.

Most people in this thread aren't disagreeing with you about the anime not being exactly what you would call top tier, but instead that the actual story is quite good.
>>
>>123206334
Yeah, that was absolutely great, honestly, making the MC the final boss was a great idea, specially since he certainly had the charisma to carry that role with the help of the Snake.
>>
>>123206657
>>123206595
You may not be Tn. Germain, but you are definitely related.
>>
File: yk_pita.png (83 KB, 368x276) Image search: [Google]
yk_pita.png
83 KB, 368x276
This show is a big ball of potential born from the genes of genius. And it's stillborn.

The setting and magic seems interesting and brilliant. But then it's tacky nonsense. The characters have interesting developments, but the characterization and backstory is so intensely cliche that it must've come from some kind of anime mad libs. Every fucking thing about this show seems like it's going to be so much fun... but then you watch past the third episode and realize there's nothing fucking there.
>>
>>123206692
If anything, they said that kid is like the heir of that new world or something and was even announced by that god thing that comes down and announces things.

Maybe you're thinking of Yoshitda being left in the old world being the only one who remembers this shit happening.
>>
File: please.png (930 KB, 1058x719) Image search: [Google]
please.png
930 KB, 1058x719
>>
>>123206787
In before someone adds 500 votes to the poll.
>>
Season 1 was nice; I liked the premise behind it.
Season 2 was boring for the first half but the second half was really enjoyable, especially that Sabrac fight.
Season 3 was confusing but I liked Darth Yuuji and it made some sense once LN readers cleared things up for me.

My complaints tended to stem from finding out what JC Staff was leaving out of the anime and the love triangle stuff from the first half of Season 2. I still enjoyed it overall though. I just wish all the LN volumes were translated so I could read it.
>>
File: 1243996767106.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1243996767106.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
I liked the OP's, they were all pretty good from what I remember
>>
>tfw we will never get good DVD/BD releases
>>
>>123206808
Yeah proxyfag will show up soon. Bets on how he'll vote? He hates KLK so I can't fault his taste usually.
>>
>>123206822
What's the last thing Noizi Ito illustrated?
>>
File: 1331434226203.jpg (273 KB, 1274x1390) Image search: [Google]
1331434226203.jpg
273 KB, 1274x1390
>>123203695
S1 - okay
S2 - meh for the first half, pretty awesome for the second half
S3 - almost non-stop awesome and plot

Shana - perfect throughout
Yuuji - character development into Darth Vader in S3
>>
File: SnS.png (107 KB, 960x743) Image search: [Google]
SnS.png
107 KB, 960x743
>>123206899
What's wrong with all these releases?
>>
>>123206761
>yoshitda
kek
She did get left behind so I guess it must suck being her. But Wilhelmina lost the the previous flame haze of Alastor as well as Johann and Pheles. I guess it's not so bad if they go to the new world and she stays with Shana and Yuji, but she definitely had her share of suffering.
>>
>>123206955
That's the first season only
>>
>>123206513
She got to go to Xanadu with her friend (the one she spent time in the desert with), along with Shana and Yuuji, and most importantly, the most important thing in the world to her - engage link baby.
>>
File: SS.png (83 KB, 950x656) Image search: [Google]
SS.png
83 KB, 950x656
>>123207027
>>
If someone decides to get into SnS I ask them to watch it and then when they reach ep4 of the third season to read this http://pastebin.com/ER7574c8
>>
>>123206984
Agree on the suffering, but I think she's OK.
>>
>>123203695
YES
>>
File: Shana.full.595267.jpg (2 MB, 1748x2400) Image search: [Google]
Shana.full.595267.jpg
2 MB, 1748x2400
>>123203695
>Shana thread out of nowhere
Oh yes. Time to post mai waifu.

Just watch it, OP. Do it for Shana.
>>
>>123207082
>>123206955
can you vouch for the quality of these releases?
>>
>>123203695
Why not just watch it and form your own opinions?
>>
File: 1423382331410.jpg (303 KB, 712x876) Image search: [Google]
1423382331410.jpg
303 KB, 712x876
I love Shana
>>
Because /a/nons read the first and last three posts in a thread: http://strawpoll.me/3986891
>>
File: 1244083127536.jpg (714 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1244083127536.jpg
714 KB, 1600x1200
I don't remember SnS being brilliant, but it kept me entertained enough to stick it out all the way to the end.
>>
>>123207160
Because it's 72 episodes long.
>>
>>123207200
>72 eps is now a long series
Go kill yourself
>>
>>123207200
One awesome weekend.
>>
>>123207128
I always get happy when /a/ talks about this show. I genuinely loved the series because of S3 and when it was airing that was my favorite time being here.
>>
>>123207227
Not many anime get up to 72 episodes anon.
>>
>>123203695
It was okay. It's been awhile since I've seen it. Pretty forgettable. That S3 twist was so big that I kind of lost interest and just dropped it. I'm not a big fan of sudden anti-hero arcs unless I'm watching it with /a/
>>
>>123207082
what torrent site is this? sorry for being god-tier pleb
>>
Shana a shit. A SHIT.
>>
>>123207286
it's worth it. Darth Yuji is great. And to top it off he did nothing wrong
>>
>>123207286
Shana is in fact a good show to watch with /a/.

anyone want to start a stream?
>>
>>123207286
>anti-hero
Yuuji really pulled it off, but you had to be paying attention. By the end you realize Flame Haze and Shana were being pretty unreasonable and should have trusted him.
>>123207254
Same
>>
File: 139345295505.jpg (54 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
139345295505.jpg
54 KB, 500x598
>>123207200
3 episode rule is always an option
Or just the first season
Or whatever
Do what you want.
You could even not watch it.
>>
>>123207354
>spoiler
This.
>>
>>123207370
It's not that he didn't pull it off. It was just a huge sudden turn that it felt like I was watching a different anime.
>>
File: 1419882856258.jpg (801 KB, 2507x3527) Image search: [Google]
1419882856258.jpg
801 KB, 2507x3527
>>123207370
>By the end you realize Flame Haze and Shana were being pretty unreasonable and should have trusted him.
You know, he has the spirit and power of the snake of the festival in him right? The one god of legend where they had to seal him and stuff right?

honestly, not unreasonable
>>
>>123207432
It threw me for about 15 minutes, and I admit I did pause and go back and rewatch the end of S2. But it was worth it.
>>
If Shakugan no Shana aired today, I guarantee you /a/ would shit can it to no end.

The reason it has a small fanbase now is because the early moe character designs drew people to it, and it has a pseudo-intellectual plot akin to Elfen Lied, Zankyou no Terror etc, which is all you need for a dedicated, long-lasting fanbase. On top of that, the unbiased anime watchers of today either haven't seen it or don't give a shit about it anymore because it's old.
>>
>>123207254
I feel the same, every time I catch one of these random Shana threads that come out of nowhere, I just feel really happy and makes me rewatch something Shana related.

I am glad that others here like Shana like I do too.
>>
>>123207563
I watched Shana last year, and I loved it
>>
>>123207354
True, I really liked that he was right all along.
>>
>>123207563
I'd say it also had character development that a lot of shows lack. Shana and Ryuji both are different characters even 5ep in than they were when things start even the side characters get development like margarey and Willhelimena
>>
File: Shana3_17_8.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shana3_17_8.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>123207478
Yoshida trusting him redeemed her as a character. She was right, and I think Shana should have followed suit. Times had changed. The Tomogara had already stopped eating people.

The whole basis for their all-out war was that it wasn't good enough to have all Tomogara leave, because they MIGHT still eat people in what amounted to an alternate universe. Even after that, it still wasn't good enough once it was proclaimed that they wouldn't even eat them in Xanadu.
>>
File: 1244014139414.jpg (109 KB, 705x1000) Image search: [Google]
1244014139414.jpg
109 KB, 705x1000
>>123206955
SnS season 1 is 10 years old? Jesus fuck. I think animation wise, it has aged pretty well.
>>
I only got around to seeing SnS recently myself. Marathonned the thing, sorta lost the plot near the end.

I mostly the names and terminology didn't really make sense to me. This guy's a Tomogara. What's a tomogara? It's a person from Guze. What's Guze? It's this other planet. I don't think anything ever got explained more in-depth than that. I never really understood why Margery was called the interpreter of condolence for example. Or the other one, Arbiter of Reverse Reasoning. I felt like I was missing some context or implications a lot of the time; I watched the whole thing and I still don't get what a tomogara is supposed to be other than a life-eater thing.
>>
>>123207715
>>123207478
>>123207370
>>123207354
>>123207286
Easy on the spoilers Guys
>>
>>123207657
I watched it again 2 months ago, and loved it.
>>
>>123207657
Your point? Do you represent the majority of /a/, champ?
>>
>>123207777
I do yes.
>>
>>123207758
Worth a re-watch. Just start with knowing that Guze is an alternate uni thing, Tomogara are the denizens of Guze, and Bal Masque are like the nobility of the Tomogara. That should help.
>>123207760
Sorry, you're right.
>>123207777
>>123207833
He does
>>
File: democrassy.png (928 KB, 1031x717) Image search: [Google]
democrassy.png
928 KB, 1031x717
>>
>>123207760
By now everyone should have watched S3, or at least the guys in this thread. But yeah, we probably should not spoil everything for the ones that haven't finished this.
>>
>>123207432
It's actually part of building the best conclusion for multiple-season anime I've ever seen. In the first few episodes Yuji talks with the Snake of the Festival about the conflict between Flame Hazes and Tomogara/Denizens. Yuij picques Snake of the Festival's interest and the two join forces and enact a plan to change the world. Yuji's reasoning is based on his experiences so far and he even addresses it being directly linked to a few key scenes from as far back as the beginning of S1.
>>
>>123206955
what site is this?
>>
Daily reminder that the Flame Hazes are fucking shit cunts who just murdered others just because.
>>
>>123207931
looks like one of the private trackers anime bytes maybe?
>>
File: Bodyswap.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bodyswap.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>>123203695
Not particularly, but it isn't bad either. I think it is worth the watch because of how ironic and somewhat influential the series is, mainly due to Shana. Also melon pan.

The settings is interesting and many of the characters are enjoyable and quirky, so there's that too. And of course Shana is good and HOT.
>>
>>123207931
could also be BakaBT
>>
>>123207926
While I love what he did, I feel the anime should have foreshadowed Snake more heavily in S2, to prepare things. I don't blame if someone feels that Yuji came out of nowhere in S3, because it did. Sure they manage to explain it later, but I feel they didn't prepare the foreground for that twist properly.

That said it still works, because when we first see Darth Yuuji, the viewer's goal aligns with Shana's and thus they want to know why Yuji is doing what he is doing almost as strongly as Shana, so maybe it might not have been such a bad decision.
>>
>>123208008
Exaggerate much? I won't claim they did nothing wrong - especially the warmongering. But they didn't eat people either. You have to remember that they've been fighting some pretty objectively evil shit for centuries.
>>
>>123208014
thanks, I've not come across it before.
>>
>>123208022
>Shana is good and HOT.
How did it take so many posts of obviously oldfags to bring this up?
I was going to say it but I couldn't find the related gif.
>>
>>123206556
>>123208022
I don't remember this bodyswap/genderbend thing happening. When exactly is this?
>>
>>123208055
>Licensed anime
>Going up on Baka
>>
>>123208022
Is it bad that Yuuji driving Shana's body ended up being cuter than normal Shana?
>>
File: 1301179755765.jpg (233 KB, 1400x962) Image search: [Google]
1301179755765.jpg
233 KB, 1400x962
>>123208095
The OVA's. They were pretty good.
>>
File: 1332738796458.gif (2 MB, 516x360) Image search: [Google]
1332738796458.gif
2 MB, 516x360
>>123208095
It happened in the OVAs that's between S2 and S3.

Worth seeing Shana sincerely being hysterical.

>>123208138
Not at all.
>>
>>123208138
It just means you're a teeny bit gay. Join the club - what percentage of /a/ hasn't fapped to a trap or a futa?
>>
>>123208103
The layout looks like baka was all I was saying
>>
>>123208236
But anon, everyone in /a/ is bit gay, right?
>>
File: ahasspoken.png (929 KB, 1037x728) Image search: [Google]
ahasspoken.png
929 KB, 1037x728
>>
>>123208138
Not at all, he wasn't used to the skirt/ didn't think about stuff the same way it was hilarious.
>>
>>123208270
See spoiler
>>
>>123208088
The Tomogara were just trying to survive and they even came up with a plan that would benefit both sides but the Flame Haze didn't even bother listening and just killed everybody. They were all warmongers who never intended on peace.
>>
>>123208270
in fact, all humans are a bit gay.
>>
>>123208321
Flame Haze are contracted when they are willing to give up their life to seek revenge on Tomogara.
>>
>>123208321
I think being able to see the shades of gray and the perspectives of both sides would be good for your human development, /a/non. We don't disagree on the warmongering, I have said as much above and that they should have trusted MC, etc. But, reasons.
>>
>>123208407
I can see shades of gray. I sympathized with the humans and the Flame Hazes up until they just shat all over what Yuuji was trying to do. Then I just intensely disliked the Flame Hazes because they never wanted a solution. They just wanted to keep fighting because of their revenge.
>>
>>123208321
The Tomogara are not Saints either, remember that many eat more humans than they need too and some don't care about them. Remember all the villains that Shana and Yuji fought at firsts, those are the type of Guze that caused the Flame Hazes to exist and start their hunt.

>>123208473
That said, the final fight was bullshit, and the Flame Hazes really should have given up after Yuji revealed the Xanadu plan.
>>
S1 was fun was a decent setup of a premise.
S2 was boring as fuck, but setup S3 and the characters perfectly.
S3 concluded well had Darth Yuji so it was perfect.
>>
>>123208473
I was right there with you. But I've considered it quite a few times since. Where it still bugs me a little is the very last fight scene. Shana lost sight of the big picture completely - it was about her personal issues with Yuuji at that point.
>>
>>123208078
Yeah, foreshadowing would have made it not seem like it was just pulled out of the writer's ass (and I'm sure it's not), but I appreciate being left in the dark and having to figure it out later.

>when we first see Darth Yuuji, the viewer's goal aligns with Shana's

Yea that got me. S1 and S2 made me biased toward the Flame Haze perspective. It really made me enjoy rewatching it later.
>>
File: 1392097378073.png (597 KB, 1056x792) Image search: [Google]
1392097378073.png
597 KB, 1056x792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBFsShlp1c

I just posted the best OP, hope you guys enjoy it.
>>
>>123208608
From what the novelfags told me back in the day, it was better foreshadowed in the novel, with Snakebro talking to Yuji several time and asking him what Yuji thought about the current world and what he planned to do about it.

That's when you get that the Snake really started to like Yuji and his strong philosophy.
>>
>>123208578
>spoiler
I think that was the point. I liked it a lot actually. It would have been weird if they just walked away. Shana and Yuji went through a lot of shit and they still had to resolve things between the two of them. The larger conflict resolved itself but basically they were venting out on each other by the end...I liked that for what it was. It wasn't going to be the ultimate battle between good and evil--it was just closure for the two of them.
>>
>>123208704
novels are always better than the anime

JC Staff shit the bed with this one
>>
>>123208704
I remember getting most of that from the anime...

We've given up on the spoilers. Sorry OP.
>>
>>123208694
Let's do it.

Light My Fire > JOINT = Hishoku no Sora > I`ll Believe = Yoake Umarekuru Shoujo > being = BLAZE = Serment >One > Sociometry > Aka no Seijaku > Triangle
>>
>>123208851
Sorry Op...

Yeah, the anime just moved that to after the Snake reveal, and condenced the talks between Yuji and the Snake.
>>
>>123208851
I don't care about spoilers.
>>
>>123208694
This is the best opening you goddamn pleb, especially at the 0:51 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC45bSvp8BM
>>
>>123208817
>>123208578
I swear m8, if I hadn't gotten my 3 urusais I would have gone to Japan and would commit mass suicide
>>
>>123208817
Yes, true, that scene really didn't have an impact on the universal situation. But it did almost fuck up their chance to restore the city... It also ended in Metamorphosis' death, but he was 70% baddie anyway, plus he wanted to be with priestess.
>>123208904
Ok I see. Yeah it might have eliminated some of the backtracking I did...
>>123208905
Well, that's good.
>>
>>123208941
>no "wow"

Nope
>>
File: urusai.jpg (27 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
urusai.jpg
27 KB, 640x400
>>123208972
>>
>>123208941
I still prefer Joint over this one.
>>
>>123209047
I've been listening to all the openings since they came out and Blaze is the only one that I haven't gotten bored of.

Light my fire got boring really fast
>>
>>123208999
>>123208972
oh and also I forgot to mention that they did something i fucking loved.
>S3 final battle
>OP from S1 starts playing

I've seen people get hype when its done with a one-season anime, but shit man this one's my favorite.
>>
>>123209198
OPs playing during final fights is always one of the best things that can happen.
>>
>>123208972
>3 urusais

sorry in advance for brief blog:
>had a friend of mine watch all of Shana
>he hated the character Shana because of romance and the urusais
>I was filled with murder
>>
File: 1180534659293.gif (437 KB, 374x207) Image search: [Google]
1180534659293.gif
437 KB, 374x207
>>123208094
>>
>>123209305
Moe and tsundere are cancer, but I still love both and especially the Shana variety.
>>
>>123208972
Those 3 urusais made that final moment so great, plus the kiss was perfect, all of it was very cute. Totally worth the wait for S3.
>>
>>123209198
Speaking of good cliches, I loved how One always started playing during episode.
>>
I only watched S1. It was pretty bad. Compared to current LN adaptations, even the lower budget ones, it feels so dated. Nothing about the artsytle or animation stands out. Pretty generic LN setting. The story tries to be dramatic but it just falls flat. The characters are annoying.

It wasn't anywhere near the worst anime I've ever seen, but it was just so mediocre. I understand the special value it has for those who may have seen it as one of their first LN adaptations, but there are many since then that are practically the same except executed much better.
>>
>>123209466
Lies. Nice and wonderful things that gives meaning to keep on living for 2D can't be bad.
>>
File: 1421540746254.png (331 KB, 550x753) Image search: [Google]
1421540746254.png
331 KB, 550x753
Shana a cute
>>
File: ahasspoken.png (930 KB, 1040x707) Image search: [Google]
ahasspoken.png
930 KB, 1040x707
>>123209982
No argue, it's just super mega important to keep up my /a/ cred, you know?
Goodnight shanafags
>>
File: 1339354757492.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1339354757492.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>123210407
Have a good night, anon.
>>
File: 1419055865079.png (230 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1419055865079.png
230 KB, 1280x800
I want to fuck Shana
>>
Came for hot shana loli
Dropped because unbearably boring

literally the only anime I've dropped
>>
File: 1423943589184.png (359 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1423943589184.png
359 KB, 792x540
Shana threads always bring back memories of good times.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.