[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the spend all their budget on this scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
Why did the spend all their budget on this scene?
>>
Tax returns
>>
>>123080587
It was a good scene.
>>
>>123080587
They didn't
>>
>>123080587
The only worthwhile scene in the entire show.
>>
>>123080614
No.
>>
>>123080656
Nice opinion
>>
>>123080641
mayu's first episode is still my favorite
>>
>>123080587
OP here, holy shit, that WebM sucks.
It looked fine in the preview.
>>
>>123080719
The silly woman? Yeah, that episode was amazing.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (149 KB, 1084x478) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
149 KB, 1084x478
>>123080737
eh, that is a little better. What would be the best encoding parameters for 720p?
yes, I am retarded
>>
File: dp-6.jpg (25 KB, 599x321) Image search: [Google]
dp-6.jpg
25 KB, 599x321
It's nice, because of how deliberate this is.
The director/scriptwriter wanted to do a beautiful ice skating scene and he did it.
>>
>>123081003
I'm not saying it wasn't a well done scene, I'm just wondering why skating in particular. Out of all the hobbies she could have had. I guess it was just a "Now's my chance" kind of moment.

Or maybe it was a move to impress other studios with their animation prowess. Not really made primarily as something for fans to enjoy as much as it was showing off to other studios?
>>
>>123080587
When I was watching the whole skating scene, I thought how difficult would be to animate that, I think they did a good job
>>
In certain genres of music, especially non-mainstream genres, you can tell bands that play music to have their audience hum the melodies and enjoy the sound versus other bands who play music designed to impress musicians of their technical prowess.
There are some bands that are able to do both and when it happens, it is really the best kind of music.

This was kind of like that.
>>
Out of all the trains, rivers, and tall buildings in japan, she kills herself in her home and makes her family find her corpse.

Worst girl.
Into the void it goes.
>>
>>123081347
you're not judged on what you do in life, only what you do during judgement. proof of this are the murderers who are not automatically voided, and mayu who does nothing wrong in life.

chiyukidid well to make up for her self perceived flaw she had in life
>>
File: 1426910994199.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1426910994199.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>123081146
The thing with Death Parade is that pretty much all of the creative process is in the hands of Yuzuru Tachikawa.
The only explanation is that he wanted it to be this way.
>>
>>123081519
>you're not judged on what you do in life
Nope see pic related.

>proof of this are the murderers who are not automatically voided
Why should they be? There's plenty of circumstances where you kill someone that should not condemn you to the void: soldiers, cops, self defense etc...
> mayu who does nothing wrong in life.
Mayu got voided because Ginti is an asshole and did everything he could to void her.
>>
Infinity in darkness with nothing but your consciousness or another life on earth with all the valleys and peaks of sorrow and joy.

I wish there was a good option.
>>
>>123081702
they use memories only as a way to know how to "draw out the darkness". there is no evidence it is used otherwise
>>
>>123081778

>there is no evidence it is used otherwise
Yes there is, first the screenshot >>123081702
then this one.
Those two combined are evidence that memories are used in the judgment in addition to how the guests behave during the game.
>>
>>123081702
mayu was voided because she chose to put her selfish desires above "justice"/da rules.
>>
>>123081941
>mayu was voided because she chose to put her selfish desires above "justice"/da rules.
In other words Mayu was voided because Ginti presented her with a choice where she was sure to fail.

Mayu has already passed the "selfish desires" test by choosing to die for Harada during the Twister game.
Every test she would be put through beyond that is Ginti's attempt to trap her into getting voided.
>>
>>123081935
uh, like i said, the memories influence how they "draw out the darkness" that's it. there is no evidence that shows the memories trumping what actions are taken during judgement as basis for the decision.
>>
>>123080587
Do you think they just input money into a computer and out comes animation, the quality depending on how much money you put in?
>>
>>123082097
>there is no evidence that shows the memories trumping what actions are taken during judgement
There's no need for such evidence when Nona says that memories are one of the bases for the judgments and that they can't just on memories alone, meaning they judge using memories and something else.

How to "draw out the darkness" isn't the judgment, the judgment is deciding void or reincarnation.
>>
>>123082076
>Mayu has already passed the "selfish desires" test by choosing to die for Harada during the Twister game.
nope. the only reason she's around is the same reason onna was, the arbiter couldn't make a conclusion, basically saying "not enough info". the arbiters all have different ways to qualify who gets what. he just decided that her decision in the twister game was not voluntary, but due to her physical weakness. she did not make a choice that made her worthy of reincarnation
>>
>>123082295
>the arbiter couldn't make a conclusion
It's still Ginti's fault.
>she did not make a choice that made her worthy of reincarnation
Then why didn't he void her?
If he voided her staight after the twister game then I would not have objected as much.

It's the fact that he had to tinker up his little unfair test to justify his desire to void her.
>>
>>123082227
>How to "draw out the darkness" isn't the judgment, the judgment is deciding void or reincarnation.
like i was saying, memories do not influence the final judgement, they are used as a way to "draw out the darkness" which is a means to determine the final judgement. that is why i'm saying memories don't influence the judgement, it's what people do in response to the darkness and their memories that determine that. the arbiters don't say, "oh, he killed a five guys, so he should get the void." rather, they play a game to see if the killer's motives are pure or just. so the actions taken during judgement are all that matters
>>
>>123082466
>Then why didn't he void her?
he makes his rules quite clear, if you cling to life, you are worthy of the void. that said, he's looking for more than suicide/apathy from someone to earn reincarnation. he's the kind of person that despises half assed attitudes
>>
>>123082503
>they play a game to see if the killer's motives are pure or just
Thank for agreeing that they are in fact taking into account the memories in the judgment.

If they didn't care about the memories like you said then the fact that he killed people would not have influenced the judgment.

But see you understand that they care about what happened during their lives, but still need to game to make sure.
It's both the memories and the actions during the game.
>>
What Death Parade about?
>>
>>123080587
One of the best-directed scenes I've seen in a while.

Music was great, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2WvnyssuiQ
>>
>>123082625
>he makes his rules quite clear, if you cling to life, you are worthy of the void.
She put Harada above her life, so why didn't he reincarnate her then.

She could have been like "fuck it, I'm a big fan of Harada but I'm not dying here, I'm going to push him." but she did not, she passed the test.
>>
>>123082684
Fun and games in a bar.
>>
>>123082683
>Thank for agreeing that they are in fact taking into account the memories in the judgment.
except i didn't. motives are not tied to any memory. they are your principles, your motivation. it is love, hate, justice, hedonism, greed, selflessness. it has nothing to do with memories. perhaps you mistake motivations for some other thing, but those have nothing to do with memories
>>
>>123082774
>She put Harada above her life, so why didn't he reincarnate her then.

she said she'd rather die than pee in front of harada. she didn't "die" for his sake, she "died" to keep her dignity
>>
>>123082847
>except i didn't. motives are not tied to any memory
If they care about the motives it's because the guest did something (good or bad) during his life (a murder, a wedding, suicide, whatever)
Once again, you can't care about motives if you don't care about what happened in their lives.
So you agree with me.
>>
>>123082927
>she said she'd rather die than pee in front of harada.
Pushing down Harada would also have solved that.
She still choose to die instead of killing him.
>>
>>123083006
>If they care about the motives it's because the guest did something (good or bad) during his life (a murder, a wedding, suicide, whatever)
>Once again, you can't care about motives if you don't care about what happened in their lives.
i'm sorry, i don't understand.
the reason people get reincarnated, in decim's cases, is because their positive motivations win out over their negative ones and vice versa. for instance, the TV mom's motivations were to win at any cost,and that violence is the hallmark of the stronger person in any situation. she knows that violence is wrong, but she let her negativity get the best of her. this had nothing to do with memories, but with the beliefs she carried in her heart
>>
>>123083034
>Pushing down Harada would also have solved that.
and she would have gotten the void
>She still choose to die instead of killing him.
and that's why ginti placed a hold on her judgement until he could come up with something more definitive
>>
>>123083319
>TV mom's motivations were to win at any cost,and that violence is the hallmark of the stronger person in any situation.
Was it that or was she really motivated by the fact that she wanted to see her kids again?

Also young guy in Death Billiards got reincarnated despite being violent.
The detective got voided even if he never was physically violent during the game.

It's an easy short-cut, I understand why you want to take it, but it doesn't explain everything.
Only by considering both the memories and the action during the game do you get a satisfying explanation of Decim's judgments.
>>
>>123083438
>and she would have gotten the void
Yeah, but she didn't do the thing that would have earned her the void, therefore she should have been reincarnated. That's how it works if you want to play by "da rules".
>and that's why ginti placed a hold on her judgement until he could come up with something more definitive
You mean until he could come up with a test she would fail for sure.
Why Mayu has to go through multiple tests when she's no different from a normal guest? (unlike Chiyuki who is different because she remembered that she was dead)
>>
>>123080587
It was well fucking worth it.

Also, watch it in 60fps with frame interpolation to see hopw nicely fluid they made it to be.
>>
>>123083613
>Was it that or was she really motivated by the fact that she wanted to see her kids again?
love for your children is motivation to keep going, but slamming your opponent's face into an object to the point of unconsciousness requires much darker beliefs

>The detective got voided even if he never was physically violent during the game.
can't speak to death billiards, since i didn't see it, but the judgement for the detective/brother episode was not definitive. unlike the other episodes, we do not see which mask is over the elevators.

>Only by considering both the memories and the action during the game do you get a satisfying explanation of Decim's judgments.
memories only serve to flesh out the characters, to make their behavior more believeable and real, to show us what beliefs and motivations drive them
>>
>>123083937
>memories only serve to flesh out the characters, to make their behavior more believeable and real
See ep 5, Nona clearly says you can't judge someone without their memories. It's not just for the benefit of the viewers.
I mean, they've got a whole freaking system with a shit ton of people who work editing the memories before sending them to the arbiters.

Don't tell me they need such an elaborate system just to figure out "how to draw the darkness" when most of the time all they do is push a button to make the tide of the game go one way or the other, or in extreme cases have them feel pain as they play the game. It's the same pattern all the time, the memories have nothing to do with that.
>>
>>123084174
the darkness is literally the only thing they worry about. they are the QA of souls, that's it. they're not in the business of anything else.
>>
>>123084354
>the darkness is literally the only thing they worry about.
It's the only one they have to worry about.
They get send memories of the guests straight to their brain, the process is instant and effortless compared to the game part but it is still there and it is still essential to the judgment.
But since they can't judge on the memories alone the job left is to check for darkness using the games.
Just because you don't hear them think or say "hmm he did that during his life so I'll reincarnate him even though he was a little violent during the game" doesn't mean they aren't taking them into account.

That reminds me, the husband in ep 1 also was violent but got reincarnated.
>>
>>123084554
violence is not the same as beliefs/motivation
>>
>>123080737
>>123080587

>all the budget

>smears, repeated frames and a handful of actual movement frames
>>
>>123087164
Sounds like the typical anime budget, yeah
>>
Why did you posted a webm with garbage quality?
>>
>>123087164
Since when smears are bad?
>>
>>123087414
Don't worry, if something has a name someone will have to complain about it.
It's not a big deal, it's how the world works.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.