[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunrise vs Gainax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: SVG3.jpg (156 KB, 949x561) Image search: [Google]
SVG3.jpg
156 KB, 949x561
Which is the better studio?

Sunrise is a studio known for pioneering the mecha genre with Mobile Suit Gundam back in 1979; they proceeded to dominate the 80s and have been the go-to studio for mecha ever since. On top of the Gundam Franchise, they also boast a host of classics, like Cowboy Bebop, Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Inuyasha, s-CRY-ed and Wolf's Rain, and still dominate the modern scene with memorable shows like Code Geass, Gintama, Accel World and Cross Ange.

As for Gainax, they're a studio Sunrise would hate. In contrast to pioneering the mecha genre, which Sunrise did in 1979, Gainax revotionized the genre in 1995 with Neon Genesis Evangelion, which deconstructed the genre, and took a lot of attention away from the Gundam franchise. Sunrise tried to mimic the formula multiple times, most notably with Gundam Seed, but failed to deliver products of high quality. Gainax also have an arsenal of iconic anime which include Gunbuster, FLCL, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Mahoromatic and Appleseed, and while they've been quiet as of late, they still maintain a strong presence with anime like Panty & Stocking and Medaka Box.
>>
Surise, now fuck off Michael.
>>
No go kill yourself you cunt. We're not having this shit again.
>>
Fuck off micheal. You are cancer now.
>>
>>122990576
>Code Geass, Gintama, Accel World and Cross Ange.

Only the first two of those are memorable. Accel World was meh. Also you forget tons of stuff.
>>
You piece of shit, you already used Sunrise. At least use a different fucking studio.
>>
>>122990946
I'd be here all day if I were to list every single anime they've made!!!
>>
We had this thread yesterday, it was shit.
Fuck off.
>>
>>122990984
I was thinking about it, but this matchup seemed so right. It was waiting to happen.
>>
>>122992181
IP gives you away, faggot.
>>
>>122990626
Why not?
>>
>>122990576
>Wolf's Rain
Not Sunrise
>>
>>122990576
>Sunrise tried to mimic the formula multiple times, most notably with Gundam Seed, but failed to deliver products of high quality.
Nigger Gundam Seed was just a modern retelling of 0079 that crashed and burned miserably yet still sold more than most series.
>>
Gainax is fucking irrelevant now, as all their talent left for Khara and Trigger. Sunrise will keep doing what Sunrise does.
>>
Sunrise has had its highs and lows.

Gainax has been on a nosedive for the last five years.
>>
>>123000852
Gainax is dead.
There is nothing else to say.
When was the last time Gainax did a show?
>>
>>122990576
Sunrise is making more money than every other studio combined. Meanwhile Gainax has been dead for years.
>>
I don't like Gainax endings.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.