[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any other Studio/Franchise capture the magic that Ufotable/TMhas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Why is that no other studio and franchise can accomplish what Ufotable and Type-Moon has done for each other?

Aniplex throws money at Ufotable and TM supports them->Ufotable delivers to fans above and beyond their expectations> fans throw even more money to Ufotable which makes Aniplex even more money->Repeat

I wouldn't be surprised if the God Eater anime is great also.

Why can't anyone else accomplish this?

Closest current franchise that does this would be Shaft and Monogatari and that just prints money.
>>
>>122905926
Meh. Prisma Illya is better.
>>
>>122906008
This.
>>
>>122906008
>>122906039
Not a question of what you think is better.
>>
>>122905926
ufotable probably don't get a great deal from it as far as a slice of the revenue goes, it is an adaptation after all the majority of the money will end up with companies like Aniplex and TM just like the Monogatari series for SHAFT. They probably get paid a certain amount up front and make some guaranteed profit from that and then get a small share in the revenues the production committee makes. In return they aren't risking bankrupting themselves on a flop which they are funding.
>>
>>122906156
Ufotable is made up of TM fans itself

IIRC they went out their way to get the rights to do KnK a franchise no one thought would be good animated even Nasu..
>>
Eveb Ufotable is scared to put Slay on it.
>>
>>122906242
That is fine and all just saying what the usual kind of arrangement for adaptations are. More often than not the majority of the funding is coming from the people owning the property rather than the studios and it only makes sense that you proportionally get out what you put in. If I invest 5% of the funds I get a 5% share in the fruits of success.
>>
The Tales of Xillia OP is the best OP ufotable has done and you can't prove me wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlcEqI1i_QM

Over the Clouds is their best opening song but animation is sort of meh
>>
>>122906008
Do people actually believe this?
>>
>>122909602
I do.
>>
OP, have you forgotten that F/SN before Ufotable was already a giant? It's like the best-selling VN of all times, and pretty much the most famous one. It just happens that no other VN has managed to reproduce the same success in their adaptations for... a number of different reasons. MLA would require adaptations of the other two titles and it would drag too long, Baldr Sky's last and best route works precisely because of the route system, Ever17 the same, etc. White Album 2 IC was a success though IRC, I remember /a/ liking it quite much. And then you have VNs with mediocre adaptations like Oretsuba, and more extreme cases of badness like Force.
>>
>>122909808
It still bothers me how nothing else feels like they are really trying to make their fans happy.
>>
>>122905926
It's hard to find a studio that merges so good with someone's work as TM/Ufotable tag team, also, some studios are just plain shit and will never deliver anything good or found a soulmate, like DEEN.

On a side note, KyoAni breaking it's ties with KEY is the saddest event to happen this decade regarding anime.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.