[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>5 episodes before the finale >writers realise they didnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: Killlll[1].jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Killlll[1].jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>5 episodes before the finale
>writers realise they didnt come up with a catchphrase for the series
>suddenly WE ARE ALL UTTERLY INCOMPREHENSIBLE out of fucking nowhere
>doesnt suit the tone of the show whatsoever and just seems like a sad attempt to reach the same heights as TTGL
>feels forced as fuck
>>
Dotonbori Robo?
>>
what?
>>
>>122552171
Imaishi and Nakashima are hacks.
>>
>>122552171
Kill la Kill is better than TTGL.
>>
the catchphrase is "haaaallelujah"
>>
Too bad. Show got off to a good start and looked like it could've been truly great. It started shitting the bed somewhere around "lol aliens." Briefly recovered with attempted matricide. Went right back to shit town all the way through to the end. Godawful writing. At least it had style, but yeah. Fucking Trigger.
>>
>>122552190
DTR
>>
If your post has more green than black, you shouldn't post it.
>>
>>122552514
Beito desu?
Or could it be .. masaka! .. ARE YOU NEW ON 4CHAN?
>>
>>122552243
>>
>>122552243
No.
>>
Yeah the 'incomprehensible' catchphrase stuff was dumb, cringeworthy, and probably the worst thing about the show. It was bad writing and was the plotline/philosophical equivalent of a deus ex machina. Kinda had to ignore whenever Ryuko started shouting it.

I still enjoyed KlK a lot tho.
>>
i don't even remember then trying to force in a catch phrase. That or it was so unmemorable that i forgot.
>>
>>122552171

Both shows are garbage.
>>
>>122552243
They're both good for different reasons. I think KLK has a better cast and I did enjoy it more, but TTGL has the budget, plot that makes sense (that's not saying KLK is bad, it's just different) etc.
>>
Pigs in human clothing > whatever Ryuuko's trying to say

Satsuki was the better heroine
>>
>>122552562
Are you? He's not quoting anyone and his opinions could easily be written using proper english. If you want greentext stores, fuck off to r/4chan.
>>
The samefagging couldn't be any more obvious. 0/10
>>
>>122553587
18 / 0 / 17 / 6
>>
>>122552171
I'm in episode 16 and I don't understand the whole "Life Fibers are a threat" shtick at all.

They feed of the minute electrical current present in human skin right?, Doing so they do not do any harm at all and in return they amplify human's capabilities and cause them to evolve rapidly, reaching far higher forms than they would have been able alone. They aren't some kind of harmful parasite, they are a symbiote!

What's so damn bad about that?, Everyone wins in the end, both Life Fibers and humanity.
>>
>>122555847

Their ultimate goal is to eventually subdue every living thing on the planet they land on, control them into propogating more life fibers and then destroy the planet, sending them hurtling in to space to colonise a new planet.
>>
>>122553567
>autism
>>
>>122555847
Life Fiber is essentially Lavos.
>>
Did we not have this thread in 2012
>>
>>122553567
What's wrong with story arrows? Most people use them here.
>>
>>122555887
Not that they don't immensely benefit their hosts up to the point the planet is destroyed. But if that's true, then yeah, they ARE a threat.

Although its so stupid, there's absolutely no need to destroy Earth, space exploration is a thing after all. In the long run it'd be more beneficial for Life Fibers to stick to mutually benefitting humanity, since they'll carry them to inhabitable planets far more effectively than just wandering aimlessly through space.

I mean, who just sets off into space without a fixed aim?, There's a 99.99% chance you get Kars-ed, dropped into a star or sucked into a black hole. Not to mention what would happen if they got stuck on a planet with absolutely no life forms, what would they do then?, They wouldn't be able to make it blow up, since they need a vessel for that.

All in all, there's absolutely no reason to blow up the planet. It's completely retarded.
>>
>>122556193
Not to mention the "Oh, Life Fibers have been dormant for thousands of years", well, how did they fall into that state in the first place?, This blasted show has more holes on it than cheddar cheese.

It's fun tho.
>>
>>122556193
it's bad writing. it's shit.

not worth your time thinking about it
>>
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAY!!
>>
>>122556193
I don't remember any indication of Life Fiber being intelligent themselves. It seemed more like a symbiont species that uses the same mechanism as flowers do to spread. The planet bursts and spores spread around the universe to eventually start the cycle over.
>>
>>122556530
Kamuis are constructed btw. Regular life fiber didn't seem to have more intelligence than regular clothing.
>>
>>122556530
>>122556597
I thought they left very clearly that Life Fiber had a will of its own. Don't forget that the consciously chose humans as their hosts because of they were the creates with the most developed brains in the planet, a rational decision.

And if you were right and Life Fibers were mindless things that's all the more reason for humanity to subdue and utilize them, we could ensalve them as we have shackled so many initially dangerous things in our planet for our profit.
>>
>>122556091
Ragyo is basically Queen Zeal too.
And Satsuki has some similarities with Magus.
>>
Klk is a meme anime
>>
>>122557925
18 episodes in now.

It really is a huge fuckin' meme.
>>
>>122558961
It's a rollercoaster.
I'd never call it a good show if I was actually looking for anything of substance but if you're looking for the anime equivalent of a popcorn movie it offers a lot of fun characters, crazy action and style.
>>
just post some ass already
>>
>>122556107
Original run October 3, 2013 – March 27, 2014
>>
>>122559207

And good music.
>>
File: 42762425.jpg (543 KB, 700x809) Image search: [Google]
42762425.jpg
543 KB, 700x809
>>122552171
movie when?
>>
>>122561324
Hopefully never.
>>
>>122559207
Ye, I like that kind of stuff. I mean, I'm an all-time JoJofag, having read every single volume and chapter and even the light novels and one-shots, so of course I have a taste for this sort of thing Even if Araki's latter work is more akin to, say, Evangelion rather than KlK

I prefer JoJo really, I think the fights are far better, even if less spectacular and Michael Bay-ish. Still, it's a 10/10 show at properly animated segments, 7ish/10 otherwise.
>>
>>122553325
That's because they didn't force it.
>>
>>122561324
>You will never watch Ryuko take the chrono trigger up space death peak
>>
I didn't understand the "incomprehensible" catchphrase/theme. It never made sense in any context of the show. Unless I'm utterly retarded and it flew over my head.
>>
>>122552190
DEE TEE AUWR
>>
>>122563360
The way I see it, this show is about understanding, I want to know you, this is what it means to be worn by you etc. And to Ragyo wants to make people all the same, just identity-less life fibers. So to her especially, she could never understand.
>>
File: BpiSSifCYAAI-fY.jpg large.jpg (216 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BpiSSifCYAAI-fY.jpg large.jpg
216 KB, 1024x768
>>122563360
Actually, the seeds for that were planted in the beginning. Mako's family and their よくわからないコロッケ eventually evolved into わけがわかんないの私たち over the show.

In particular Ryuko says variations of わけのわかない when she's talking about how weird Mako and her family are, and that's what leads to her epiphany on the Naked Sol. In the subs she says she "doesn't get" the Elite Four, but in Japanese she says わけわかんねえ, and that's when it hits her how they're like Mako in their love and devotion to Satsuki.
>>
>>122552171
I really, really liked KlK and even I have to agree the "WE ARE ALL INCOMPREHENSIBLE" schtick was forced and shit
>>
>>122552322
I agree except that I ended up enjoying and getting attached to the characters enough that I liked it until the end.
>>
>>122552243
KlK was literally more Gurren Lagann than Gurren Laggan; it was ten times more over-the-top, which was the entire point of both series.
>>
>>122565704
It wasn't if you actually know Japanese.
>>
>>122564471
>that Satsuki
Hnngh.
>>
>>122552171

>I need translation notes
>>
>>122556597
That's why Senketsu was considered an anomaly compared to Junketsu. Senketsu could think, feel and act on his own which made him more human. Junketsu was restricting only to its base impulses as a Life Fiber being.
>>
>>122565834
Both shows had shitty endings and final bosses, TTGL at least had the decency to make it look good. KLK's villains fucking sucked Ragyo was only good at molesting her daughters and they both kicked her ass in a real fight. Only a casual would like KLK but I do not see the casual love for Sword art online. Why does ANYone like that? even the biggest loser shouldn't watch that.
>>
>>122565995
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>122566387
see >>122564471

わけのわからない and the variations of it are a recurring line in the show.
>>
>>122566174
SAO has better animation and music than shit la shit
>>
>>122566649
0/10 try again
>>
File: Matoi Nia vs Kiriyuin Yoko.jpg (399 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
Matoi Nia vs Kiriyuin Yoko.jpg
399 KB, 1400x900
>>122566605
I see, thanks
>>
>>122566174
>Ragyo was only good at molesting her daughters and they both kicked her ass in a real fight.
When? Only Ryuuko managed to decisively defeat Ragyo by going "let our power combine!" with her allies.
>>
>>122567718
Delicious hipster backpedal
>>
>>122568031
No one defeated Ragyo, she killed herself. Senketsu is the one responsible for that.
>>
>>122552322
>Show got off to a good start and looked like it could've been truly great.
It started off in a highschool setting with club leaders that have shounen powers. That's not a very promising premise, and somehow it failed to deliver on even that.
>>
>>122565834
>it was ten times more over-the-top
I could almost swear you haven't seen TTGL or you don't remember what it was like, especially the movies.
>>
Sixteen episodes anon here (>>122555847), just finished watching it.

The finale was a bit disappointing, I was expecting some action, but it was decent RIP in pieces Senketsu. Also Mako x Ira 4ever.
>>
>>122565834
>Shit la Shit more "over the top" than TTGL
>More over the top than a fucking mecha the size of the universe
You must be joking
>>
La vie est drôle remember
>>
>>122566174
The molesting was the best part of this show, god, my dick was 100% hardened Life Fiber when Ragyo slid her fingers all over Satsuki's pussy.
>>
>>122552171
wasnt the catchphrase:
>Dont lose your way
?
>>
The last good episode was 6.

The school tournament and nui's episodes were by far the low-point of the show. Pretty fun anime overall but good lord did it lose steam in the middle without picking it back up.

that BAKEMONO DA arc was fucking trash
>>
>>122569538
No. It's a leitmotif. That'd be like saying ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER was Gurren Lagann's catchphrase instead of "Who the hell do you think I am?"
>>
>5 episodes before the finale
>"OH NO IF RYUKO TAKES OFF SENKESTU SHE'LL DIE"
>everyone eats shit for 15 minutes
>Ryuko takes off senketsu and lives
>>
>>122552243
Kill la Kill started off good and ended shit. TTGL didn't get good till episode like 20. So yeah.
>>
File: 1392432158075.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1392432158075.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>suddenly WE ARE ALL UTTERLY INCOMPREHENSIBLE out of fucking nowhere
>doesnt suit the tone of the show whatsoever
But societal norms and their impact on your actions along with how the characters reacted to them was a central theme of the show since the very beginning, being majorly stated as early as episode 3. The fact Ryuko and co. were "incomprehensible" was continuing that same theme.
>>
Nudist Beach was way more interesting than anything else in the show.
>>
>>122568633
i think he means over the top as far as the tone, not the actual concepts. And honestly going from fighting at a highschool to covering the entire earth in life fibers is more over the top than ultra-huge mechas.
>>
>>122552171
>didnt come up with a catchphrase

what about that "Let me tell you two useful pieces of information" line?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.