[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/a/ loved melodramas like CLANNAD and AnoHana and talked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1308798513215.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1308798513215.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>/a/ loved melodramas like CLANNAD and AnoHana and talked about how it made them cry
>Now melodramas like Sakurasou and Shigatsu get shat on constantly for being melodramas

When did everyone here become such fucking edgelords?
>>
>implying Clannad and AnoHana did not get shat on constantly by everyone, both then and now
>>
File: 1203305233609.jpg (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1203305233609.jpg
121 KB, 640x480
>>122528968

Sorry bub, by my count everyone loved them.
>>
Clannad and AnoHana were never good.
>>
But Clannad was legitimately good.
The rest of the series you listed are either shit or mediocre.
>>
>>122528847
Only After Story was good. Ano Hana is good. Shitgatsu just doesn't hit the marks but it isn't terrible. Its okay.
>>
File: dale is dead.jpg (86 KB, 610x450) Image search: [Google]
dale is dead.jpg
86 KB, 610x450
>"I'm going to have surgery on February 18th"
>February 18th
>>
>>122528847
>/a/ loved melodramas like CLANNAD and AnoHana and talked about how it made them cry
>Now melodramas like Sakurasou and Shigatsu get shat on constantly for being melodramas

No. Clannad gets its fair share of hate here and not even AnoHana gets mentioned without being scathed. You should know this but,
>hurrrr fucking edgelords
I'm really not surprised. Lurk more and try posting again in a few months.
>>
I don't play the piano. Why should I feel affected by shitgatsu?
>>
>Melodrama:A show with sad themes I don't like
>Edgy: A show with controversial themes I don't like
>>
>>122528847
Sakurashit and shitgatsu are just both bad.
Anohana too, should have ended after ep1.
I will give Clannad a pass since him raising Ushio alone was actually pretty good. That said, not sure how I would feel after Ushio death and he went all deluded and hallucination about his dead waifu and kid coming back to life.
>>
>>122528847
Clannad was pretty shit, AnoHana was decent. Skurasou and Shigatsu are both mediocre no matter how you look at it though, take your shittaste back to tumblr.
>>
>>122529848
Because dead mom. Doesn't that make you fucking sad?
>>
>>122528847
Sakurasou wasn't even sad. Maybe I was too busy having a boner to be sad.
>>
>>122530358
>AnoHana was decent.

Opinion discarded!
>>
AnoHana had Anaru at the very least, Shigatsu is terrible in all accounts but production values.
>>
The only good thing that came from Sakurasou was DAYS OF DASH
>>
Yeah, I sure enjoy watching a kid who can't stop crying for one day in his life.
>>
File: 1416772398230.png (632 KB, 956x720) Image search: [Google]
1416772398230.png
632 KB, 956x720
>/a/ is one person
Stop. Immediately after AnoHana aired, there were threads both praising it for making them cry, AND calling it overly melodramatic shit.
>>
Are you kidding?
Ano Hana was shitposted to hell for its forced drama.
>>
>>122530362
>Dead mom
potentially sad
>DEADMOM OMG DEADMOM AND SHE WAS REALLY MEAN DID WE MENTION SHES DEAD DEAD DEAD AND MEAN
Nope
>>
>>122528847
Clannad > AnoHana > Shigatsu >>> Shit > Sakurasou
Not all melodramas are created equal. For example Nagi was pretty melodramatic and recent but most of /a/ liked it.
>>
>>122528968
When they were airing people loved them. I'd still wager the majority still does. Minorities, like always, tend to be a lot more vocal.
>>
>show is random as fuck but was made in the 80's
>BEST SHOW EVER THIS WAS THE GOLDEN AGE OF ANIME

>show is random as fuck but currently airing
>TERRIBLE WRITING PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE THIS IS THE ANIME INDUSTRY IS DYING
>>
Shigatsu is a lot better than Clannad/Sakurasou/AnoHana. The only really glaring problems I have with it are that literally every serious scene ends with comic relief chibi Kaori yelling something, and that sometimes, Kaori really feels like nothing more than a plot device. Also, the way they talk about composers and their works is extremely cheesy sometimes (listen to my Chopin! Stuff like that). But overall I think it's well made.
>>
>>122531238
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>122531268
>Shigatsu is a lot better than Clannad/Sakurasou/AnoHana.
Completely wrong. Shigatsu is by far the worst of the four, which is saying a lot since Sakurasou was really bad in a lot of areas.
>>
>>122528847
Clannad was shit because they went down the Roach Queen route, it was only watchable while it was still a harem. AnoHana was okay. Sakurasou was utter and complete shit.
>>
>TASUKETE
Jesus fuck if I hear that word one more fucking time.
>>
>>122531078
I mean there is a pretty big difference in the amount of melodrama between Nagi and Shigatsu.

Pretty much everything in Shigatsu is melodramatic. The characters act like every decision is the most important decision they are ever going to make. Every plot point is accompanied by incredibly long monologues about shallow metaphors that a 12 year old would think is deep and 10 flashbacks about that one time that one character said that one thing. If you cut out all the inner dialogue and flashbacks each episode would probably be 5 minutes long. The mangaka attempts to counter this with quick gags every now and then but it doesn't help, in fact it makes it worse as the sudden tone change just makes it even more obvious how stupidly overblown the drama is.

Nagi is fairly normal for the most part. Yeah, melodrama seeps into during certain moments, but even then it never reaches Shigatsu levels of melodrama.
>>
>>122530800
Explain what drama anime doesnt have forced drama
>>
>>122530579
People love Eureka Seven like it's some kind of holy grail to romance + mecha, right?
>>
I wouldn't mind Shigatsu's melodrama if they weren't just middle schoolers.
>>
>>122531519
Tasukete, Asuka-chan.
>>
>>122531461
Tomoyo's OVA trumps all over the entirety of AS in just 25 short minutes.
>>
>>122533278
Honestly the OVA wasn't on par until the climax
>>
>>122533278
Nice joke, I bet you think Tomoyo After is good.
>>
>>122528847
>can't even use edgy
>unironically uses edgelords

Kill yourself.
>>
>>122533278
Uh, Clannad S1 sure. After Story, no. Your cockroach hate is warping your better judgment.
>>
>>122528847
When the social dogmas of highschool ('being cool and popular is important') moved into 4chan as it became diluted with highschoolers.
>>
Clannad and Anohana are more optimistic than Shigatsu. At the end, you were crying tears of joy seeing them resolve their problems through a bittersweet or sweet resolution. Shigatsu just has the main girl die at the end.
>>
AnoHana got tons of hate, what the fuck are you talking about? We all laughed at the idiots that cried and posted their shitty crying videos to YouTube.
>>
File: clannad.png (16 KB, 704x92) Image search: [Google]
clannad.png
16 KB, 704x92
>>122528968
>Clannad
>Constantly shat on
>>
>>122529848
This.
>muh music
>muh dead mom
>muh dream

Bleh.
>>
>>122534716
>using MAL as evidence for anything
Maybe you should go back there
>>
>>122534716
And you took a screenshot from MAL because...?
>>
>>122534716
Kek, that's exactly why people constantly make false flag threads about Clannad and many others series popular with MAL.
>>
AnoHana was the fucking worst, it was a literal shitcake of manipulative nerd nostalgia, over-the-top sad music feels and even worse characterization. How can anyone take it seriously after the episode with the obsessive rapist dude dressing himself as Idon'tevenrememberhername?
>>
>>122528847
Shigatsu is god-tier. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
File: 1345043685406.gif (223 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1345043685406.gif
223 KB, 400x225
Do you mean the series that got trashed because Okada doesn't know how humans interact and gets obsessed with ridiculous drama? She desperately needs someone to reign her writing in.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.