[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was able to somewhat understand things at the beginning with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: reconguista.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reconguista.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I was able to somewhat understand things at the beginning with the earthling factions. Then things got a little confusing once they got to the moon until I realized that the moon also has subfactions. Now with the whole venus globe immortal people I am so incredibly confused what the motivations are on each side and who is fighting who. Can someone help me?
>>
File: 1422542128624.png (59 KB, 389x211) Image search: [Google]
1422542128624.png
59 KB, 389x211
>>122493192
Yes, __________________________________________________________it's shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 480x271
Don't try to actively follow the plot.
It's little more than an excuse to do a sightseeing tour of the universe and the habitual mecha battle.

Sure you could chart everybody's motivations, but it really doesn't matter. The more you think about it, the more time you've wasted. Probably more than Tomino spent coming up with it.

All you really need to know is:
>Aida wants fairer energy distribution and a stable earthsphere
>Bellri is a psychotic siscon, who'd do anything for her
>>
I watched zz and victory and I still have no idea what's going on
>>
>>122493428
>>122493192
The Venusians were all talked about during the post-show interviews. If you didn't know about them that's your fault.
>>
>>122493462
Those were the only 2 you've watched? Why would you even watch ZZ without watching the original and Zeta, are you retarded? That said, they have little to zero relevance in following what the shit is going on with Greco.

>>122493192
Don't even try to follow the politics and faction relationships. They make zero fucking sense most of the time. At this point I'm convinced that Tomino had something go very wrong with his planning of the plot or is just lamenting over how difficult it is to create a big bad guy today.
>>
G-Reco plot

>People living in space resent people living on Earth, with the people on Venus suffering HEAVY physical deterioration from living off planet despite their advanced medical technology. Which is why a lot of them are fitness junkies because they don't want to be skeletons
>People on Earth have begun resenting having their power sources and technology held hostage by spacenoids.
>All groups have basically decided that the reasons why they have to live the way they currently aren't worth it, which was that Earthnoids had to have a limit to their tech but got to live on Earth, Moonmen were intermediaries who were allowed better tech than the Earthlings but still less advanced stuff than the Venusians, and the Venusians got the best tech and the job of building a new home for humanity but had to deal more with the rigors of space and not having a planet
>Along with this you've got a sub sect group of people who discriminated against on Earth who are lashing out at the rest of the World because of it

tl;dr version : Everyone wants what everyone else has. They're fighting over it despite the fact that the arrangement was made because the wars got so bad that the Earth was made almost uninhabitable. Turn A's gonna show up eventually and wipe everything out
>>
>>122493625
It's more like Tomino had a lot of scenes and locations and characters to introduce, but he didn't know how to fit them into an actual narrative, that's engaging and suspenseful and shit.
Maybe he could have done it with 50+ episodes, but G-Reco feels like the cliff notes of a far better show.
>>
>>122493192
>>122493428
>>122493455
>>122493462
>>122493463
>>122493625
>>122493659
/m/ A N L E T S
A
N
L
E
T
S

G O
O

H O M E
O
M
E
>>
File: 261.jpg (127 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
261.jpg
127 KB, 1440x810
>>122493736
Oh I'm sorry we're not talking about Gurren Faggen or I'M A DIRECTOR WHORE SO THE ONLY MECHA I WATCH ARE GARGANTIA AND ALDNOAH ZERO DESPITE THEM BEING TRASH GARBAGE
>>
>>122493736
Anime on my ANIME AND MANGA BOARD?! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!
>>
File: gundam.jpg (954 KB, 2362x2818) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
954 KB, 2362x2818
Basically everyone wants the Earth.

Fuck off aliens, Earth is for Earthnoids.
>>
>>122493726
>Maybe he could have done it with 50+ episodes, but G-Reco feels like the cliff notes of a far better show.
Pretty much my thoughts on the entire show overall. It just doesn't compare to some of Tomino's earlier works.
>>
>>122493773
>>122493797
Wow, Gundamfags are REALLY insecure. Take your shit back to your containment board, it exists for a reason.
>>
>>122493856
But I'm not a Gundamfag. I just watched a Gundam show among others retard. Stop trying so hard to fit in. If you think it doesn't belong here feel free to report it.

>inb4 caring about what mods think
No, I don't. But in the end of the day, they have the final say, not you.

Not going to reply to you again. Not even a Gundamfag
>>
>>122493856
Also I have no idea how you got insecure out of that. Do you even know what insecure means? Calling you out for being retarded is not a sign of insecurity.
>>
>>122493818
What is the Reconguista plan specifically?
>>
/a/ is terrible as it is with A/Z and Cross Ange threads, why do these faggots that watch pleb trash like Gundam make it even worse?
>>
>>122494052
The reconquering of Earth by a Spacenoid group.

Both the Moon and Venus people have build a racism born from jealousy towards Earth people, who they believe are naturally more violent and ignorant.

One of the things demonstrated though is that both those groups are equally if not more so violent or ignorant as people on Earth.

G-Reco's a show about racism.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.