[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which mech animus are fought and won primarily with skill or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: not a clan ER PPC.jpg (256 KB, 709x900) Image search: [Google]
not a clan ER PPC.jpg
256 KB, 709x900
Which mech animus are fought and won primarily with skill or strategy? Or hell, even just having more guys. In most of the robot animes I've seen fights are won mostly because one side is technologically vastly superior or the other has friendship.

>tfw pic not related cuz no modern BT anime and ain't never gonna get one
>>
Code Gayass
>>
>>>/m/
i don't remember well but probably macross
>>
>>122367279
well, not mech but Lotgh has good strategy and skill
>>
Nge
>>
>>122367279
Go back and watch Dougram, man.

Not only is it about skill, but tactics, strategy, and politics play a role.
>>
08th MS Team? At least the mc doesn't get somr super suit
>>
>>122367744
Is this like ASoIaF with robots, cuz it kinda sounds like it, and that's neato

>>122367785
08th is a pet favorite of mine. It has a painful, bitter sweet ending and every fight is a realistic struggle
>>
>>122367279
Argevollen was the closest you could get lately to this.
mines under bodies
>>
>>122367279
Code Geass S1
that's the most I can think of at the moment
>>
>>122368063
While it's true that battles are usually won with good strategy, the Argevollen is still an overpowered as fuck machine. At least in the for most of the show.
>>
>>122368102
It's balanced by noob-tier pilot MC
He gets good like 12-15 episodes in but enemies also get OP machine like episode later.
And even then he gets rekt by soldiers with great experience in normal mechs. Like that one general<?> who the blonde wanted to avange
And 4-5 episodes later everybody have OP machine.
>>
>>122367279
>that caption
>>
>>122367599
Until it goes full "My mech is better than yours".
Even at the start it suffers because of Lancelot.
>>
As much shit as I'm going to get for this Aldnoah.Zero easily fits. The MC wins everything via strategy and intellect as his mech is always outclassed.
>>
Patlabor, when it decides it wants to be serious.
>>
>>122367635
muh semicircles
>>
>>122368063
from any of the newer anime this is probably the only one that comes to mind
>>
>>122367279
Heavy Object should handle that soon.
Two idiots go MacGyver and make fuckhuge mechas explode.
>>
>>122368063
How did it even end? I dropped it at 19 because I was just so bored and realized that I'd marathoned 7 episodes without paying any attention.
>>
>>122367628
This. Not sure about all but F and original for sure.
>>
>>122367599

Code Geass only really had two strategies:

1. Blow up the ground
2. Blow up the ground harder

It's like Lelouch was NTR'd by a landscapist and wanted to get revenge.
>>
>>122368552
There were also times when he had good soldiers sacrifice themselves because he was the Prince of Britannia, just to secure the throne.
>>
>>122367279
LotGH
Gundam UC
Patlabor OVAs and movies.
>>
>>122367279
Can anyone recommend a mech game?
I had tons of fun with EarthSiege 2 last time.
>>
>>122367279
The first few battles in A/Z. stop watching after the fight with Hellas.
>>
>>122368626
Gundam Extreme vs is pretty boss. Jap only though.
>>
>>122367279
Probably Aldnoah.Zero

MC has the technologically inferior mech and goes against super robots.
>>
>>122368380
By strategy you mean not being completely retarded like everyone else in the show.
Does still count I guess.
>>
>>122368544
JewCorps were sold MP Evas to both sides.
Silver link was made from data of MC Sister going braindead multiple personalites split into multiple mecha-children and killed by the Captain Mc Stoneface.
I turns out that it still does it and there are no safeties on mechs. MC didn't go mad because feMC interference( acting as half-pilot/key) but they both get mecha visions and are mind-linked
Captain fucked vice, agreed to work with Best General and they organised coup. They kill corrupted generals.
Captain got badass red vollen( Arge v2) with commander module allowing him to mind control fuckton of MP Arges and also hijiack all silver will based machines.
He goes to fight and gets Arge and fuckton of Sturms Beta.
MC Rival dies from mind fucking induced by Captain and continuous piloting( blond bitch was using him till the end and didn't care).
MC unit go all rouge after Captain and his army.
Some fighting later and feMC found the way to break arge from mindcontrol, they get ther in chicken walkers while rest of the units mechs pin down Arge. They get the machine.
>>
>>122368802
They start fighting with the Captain army that fights with the "bad ones". Blue get defeated, coup finally breaks and fails when the Captain friend gets to the power and got them from the behind.
Captain went to the forest and wanted to sudoku to be with his waifu, meets El Generalissimo who wants to kill him but Vice kills him, looks spitefully on the Captain and goes away. Literally BTFO by one look.
All silver link based mecha are dead( as the system was destroyed by Captain), JewCorp in both countries closes the shops and will open new ones soon. One Jew got cooly killed, Jamie got fuckton of shekels for her work, that one pilot guy ends with mechanic girl that was complaining about not being picked and MC tells Jamie to join their unit for real and she will probably join it but not now.
Both countries got peace treaty and borders restored, Captain got to be some kind of ambassador in the blue country( basically hostage + spy in one).
Still waiting for S2 ;_;7
>>
>>122367279

Break Blade.

Their super weapon isn't even that super compared to the other mechs.
>>
>>122368841
True, totally forgot about that one.
Dem cool shooting noise
>>
>>122368802
By blond bitch you mean that one lieutenant who was friends with his old comrade?

>>122368824
Why are they fighting against the coup when the coup is defeating the invading Ingelmians?
>>
>>122368870
Because coup= continuing war
Captain led his army "where no one dies"( 'cuz they robots controlled with his mind) and could probably invade the Ingelmia/blues.
So by stopping it there they stopped the war that would just suck dry whole economy( in both countries) and returned to the status quo.
>>
>>122368870
Yes
>>
>>122368841
I'm still mad at the (non)ending
>>
>>122368763
I don't get why everyone says this. Yes, the Terran grunts stand around to die sometimes but the Martians do actively try to kill Inaho. Obviously he's the MC so he's not going to die so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's going to be the one that comes out on top.

Having an inferior mech take down the technologically superior mech probably does make the other side look retarded but I thought the ways Inaho took them down were pretty unique. Hindsight is 20/20 so don't claim they were predictable because no one has ever guessed correctly as to how Inaho would take down the mechs.
>>
>>122368841
>Those fucking giant ninja-stars.
>Girge wiping mother fuckers out.

Too bad the manga is stuck in acquire princess mode.
>>
>>122369061
Do I need to remind you about Ice dude?
And just about everything Inaho does can be summed up as having a high school education that every one of the Terran grunts should also have.
As far as keikaku goes Inaho is pretty shit tier, everyone else is just that retarded.
>>
>>122369061
I agree.
Though I can see people are mad because they expect the strategist to at least struggle while Inaho is godlike.
>>
>>122369130
Ice dude's mech power is to literally just stand around and let the ice do all the killing for him.

Everyone always says that Inaho's plans are just "high school physics that everyone should know" but it's always one of those 20/20 in hindsight things. Nobody here has ever guessed to do the things Inaho did in the show.

Terran grunts are actually pulling their weight this season. I could forgive them the first season because it was just the beginning of the war and Marito said no one has any experience in fighting. Plus, it's war, isn't it the idea to just shoot at your enemies in hopes of killing them? This season's fights actually has Terran grunts getting kills. The last couple of fights actually had Terran platoons cooperating and coordinating together as well.
>>
>>122369536
Yes but he could see Inaho coming at him and not dying from the ice. Anyone that wasn't retarded would of been able to tell that it was time to move.
I see all these people wanking on Inaho yet all the shit he does is tame compared to older mech protagonists like Chirico or Crinn. Both of those also actually failed from time to time as well.
>>
>>122369676
I meant to add that Slainefags are still worse.
>>
>>122369676
Well you could see he was challenging Inaho as to see what he was going to do. The running start he gave him plus the whole sequence taking 30 seconds doesn't give one much time to react. Plus it didn't look like his mech was all that mobile considering it was only seen to be walking slowly.
>>
>>122369821
So you're telling me had no other weapons to use? He didn't have a fucking gun or something?
That's completely retarded. Not to mention that 30 seconds is plenty of time to react.
There were some ok fights in A/Z but the Ice dude was fucking stupid.
>>
>>122369922
I'm sure you've noticed by now that most Martian mechs only have their one gimmick to go along with them. His gimmick is to stand around and let the ice around him do the work. Get past the ice and you're golden.
>>
>>122367785
>08th MS Team?
It's still full retard like everything else in the gundam franchise.
>>
So uhhh, what is /m/ for?
>>
>>122370092
The constant discussion of this subject.

Are you against posting official Touhou manga in /a/ too? Take that stick out of your ass, faggot.
>>
>>122368626
Front Mission 5(SRPG that forces you to use squad tactics, none of your units can solo anything so they need to work as a team to kill anything), Armored Core 3+Silent Line+Last Raven, 4 if you want to go fast, 5 if you like wanzers, Zone of the Enders 2 for high-speed combat.
>>
>>122370020
What a piece of shit. Machine of war than be countered by walking in the other direction at a brisk pace.
>>
>>122370020
And you're trying to tell me the Martians aren't retarded. Why wouldn't you equip some sort of backup weapon on your military mech.
Even old super robot villains weren't this short sighted.

>>122370046
It's Gundam for people that don't like Gundam, myself included.
Just don't bother with the last episode. There is also underage tits if that's your thing.

>>122370092
What is /a/ for?
>>
>>122370092
Power Rangers
>>
>>122370171
Don't forget Star Trek.
>>
>>122367635
>Lotgh has good strategy and skill

No, no it doesn't. As a long-time armchair general I have to tell you that LOTGH has some of the most bullshit tactics and asspullish battles ever. Yang Wen Li is the biggest fucking Garry Stu ever.

You want something with actual strategy, watch 08th MS Team. Personally I wish more Gundam was like it.
>>
>>122370139
Is Front Mission Evolved good?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.