[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK HOW COULD THEY END IT JUST LIKE THAT WITH NO DEFINITIVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: the_big_o_season_3_kickstarter.jpg (229 KB, 528x768) Image search: [Google]
the_big_o_season_3_kickstarter.jpg
229 KB, 528x768
FUCK HOW COULD THEY END IT JUST LIKE THAT WITH NO DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION?!

We need to do a fucking kickstarter or something to try to garner some support to get a season 3. It's been done before and I'm sure we can do it again. I can't fucking live knowing that they half-assed the last scene with a gainax ending. And if a season 3 is out of the question, then maybe we can get an Eva End of Evangelion or something that can replace episode 26.

I CANT LIVE WITH THIS AOAT ENDING JUST LIKE THAT. ROGER AND DOROTHY DESERVE TO BE HAPPY GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
>>
>It's been done before.
Ok, post a source.
>>
>End of Big O
would it end with everyone becoming Tomatoes?
>>
>>122169113
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/production-ig/masaaki-yuasas-kick-heart

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/05/dog-anime-reaches-funding-goal-kickstarter/

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-05/03/patema-inverted-anime-kickstarter-funded
>>
>>122169113
people fund anime/games all the time m8
>>
>>122169148
None of those are a full season.
>>
>>122169035
Who would be in charge of the kickstarter? Who would contact the folks at CN/Adult Swim like Jason DeMarco? Who would contact Chiaki Konaka to do the storyboard? What's the goal of the project? Fund a season 3 or have an EoE-style movie on a limited budget? And if CN/Adult Swim don't agree to both proposals, what happens to the money?
>>
>>122169268
I would be fine with a movie then.
>>
>>122169035
A typical anime episode is around $500,000 to produce. A movie would need a budget in the 1-5 million to get it going. But maybe money is not the problem but viewership is.
>>
>>122169394
A kickstarter can show that people are interested enough to watch a season 3 or movie.
>>
>>122169035
>NO DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION
I'm guessing you didn't figure out what the "we have come to terms" meant at the end + the different reboots of the simulation etc. meant, or what Angel was, eh?

I agree, it wasn't super conclusive, but if you spent more than a second actually thinking about relationship between Roger, Dorothy, and Angel it would start to make more sense.

Also:
>2015
>just watching Big O now
>>
>>122169299
someone should consider writing a proposal to demarco and adult swim. I think they still own the license to the Big o.
>>
>>122169035
2mato4u

3rd season didnt happen because Toonami wanted more Tim & Eric
>>
>>122169567
I spent enough time thinking about it. The fact that Chiaki's ending was canned and that they were planning a season 3 (before the dvd sales and viewership made that not possible) makes me believe that the anime ending just isn't enough for most fans.
>>
>>122169640
>Autimsm and Eric

Fuck that shitty show.
>>
>>122169035
Give up OP, unless you found someone to champion this inside Turner/Time Warner, there is no fucking way this is happening.

A shitton of people just go layed off at Turner, and unless this was poised to make a hundred million dollars no one is going to bother spending a cent trying to get this approved (and by cent, I mean, no one on Time Warner's dime, not even a janitor, will make the necessary legal work to have this happen).

I would love to be wrong.
>>
>>122169686
That might not necessarily be the case. If the kickstarter isn't enough money, it can at least show CN/Adult Swim that enough people care to watch it.
>>
>>122169686
Are Turner/Time Warner the ones who produce the content for CN and adult swim?
>>
>>122169131
Yes but dorothy and roger get the ending they deserve i.e together
>>
>>122169035
kickstarter link?
>>
>>122170846
none yet.
>>
>>122169035
dont get your hopes up
>>
File: Tomato.jpg (3 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
Tomato.jpg
3 MB, 2400x2400
>>122169035
>>
>>122169035

I feel your pain OP. I really, REALLY do.

But just like me, you'll eventually have to come to the realization that nothing we really care about will be perfect. Not ever.

All you can do is try your best to forget it happened and move on. I did. How did it end? Something about Angel getting in a Big and then everything was a simulation or something.
>>
>>122173870
Fuck that. I'll find a way. I'll advertise this kickstarter in every big O forum/thread if I have to. I'm sure we can do something about this.
>>
>>122169035
>NO DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION
Maybe you should rewatch the series anon
>>
>>122174094
I did. Chiaki's ending was canned and instead we got some bullshit ending for god knows what reason adult swim thought of.
>>
>>122175430
>some bullshit ending for god knows what reason adult swim thought of
I think the ending really works great.
I don't think you understand the show you like so much.
You should probably watch a few more things then rewatch The Big O.
The answers start right from the beginning of the series and all throughout.
Even the first sentence.

Also I don't think Adult Swim has anything to do with the plot or much of anything other than funding, which further tells me you don't really understand The Big O.
>>
File: ConsiderThis.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderThis.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>122175430
What it needs is a rebuild series, except instead of fucking it up, they fix what they fucked up
>>
>>122175599
No trust me, I understand the series pretty well. A lot of people, not just me, are troubled by the fact that they had a 3rd season planned and intentionally ended the 2nd season with a cliffhanger. That and Chiaki's ending was dropped. If they used Chiaki's alternative ending, then I'm sure most fans would've had some form of closure.
>>
>>122175601
I would be fine with that as well. But I would want the original soundtracks to be left intact
>>
>>122169035
>FUCK HOW COULD THEY END IT JUST LIKE THAT WITH NO DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION?!

It was never meant ot have a conclusion. They structured it like those British serials like UFO and Thunderbirds.
>>
>>122170523
They already got that ending in the TV series. Seriously pay attention. They get a happy ending.
>>
>>122176104
Explain
>>
>>122176136
There's that whole episode where they're talking about the question, "If I wasn't an android would you fall in love with me?" (I'm definitively not getting that quote right so don't blame me if it's wrong.) Then at the end Dorothy was with Roger and she had more colour in her skin and expression on her eyes. It's been awhile since I watched it but I hope you rewatch it yourself, or I hope this jogs your memory. I'm pretty sure Konaka says so on his website somewhere?
>>
File: 1394854092560.jpg (127 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1394854092560.jpg
127 KB, 424x470
>>122176062
>Even thinking about changing the OST
I would murder every one that touched it
>>
>>122176219
But that's just speculation. The anime ending and Chiaki's ending are pretty different. The latter would've provided more closure.
>>
>>122176029
I don't think it's a cliff hanger anon.
Yeah the 3rd season got cancelled, but doesn't mean it's a cliff hanger.
They literally wrap everything up.
All the mystery that had been going on the entire series got explained.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Smith_%28actor%29
"You're not an actor, Roger Smith"
"Cast in the name of God"
CAST. I would underline it if I could.
These are just small details.
There's so much to this series people don't get.
How much do you actually know about The Big O?

Go watch babbys first art film and it might make you see more of the details in the series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Discreet_Charm_of_the_Bourgeoisie
>>
Whats with these threads lately?
Why just now?
>>
>>122176308
I personally think this is too abstract for the series to be effectively concluded.
>>
>>122176678
>too abstract for the series to be effectively concluded
>effectively concluded
But it's been abstract from the beginning of the series.
How else was it going to wrap up all its motifs?
I don't think Rosewater getting kicked out of town and Roger and Dorothy getting married, as an ending, really satiates the series more advanced concepts.
>>
>>122177144
No, not married. Just ending with Dorothy being confirmed human. The audience could then conclude that Roger would fall in love with her
>>
>>122176308
I think he meant the ending and not just the concepts of the anime
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.