[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/nons, I'm in a bind. I'm a comic artist, or rather,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 1425312150959.jpg (598 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425312150959.jpg
598 KB, 1920x1080
/a/nons, I'm in a bind. I'm a comic artist, or rather, a struggling comic artist.
I sued to watch anime all the time when I was younger, so much so that I wanted to pursue it as a career.
Of course, the cold truth beared its ugly head, and I settled for just being a regular comic artist.
As the years have gone by, I've been watching less and less anime. And I feel like I've lost the inspiration. Maybe its because I'm getting older, maybe it's just that no new anime really appeals to me, or I don't know what I want to look for.

I need to be inspired again. I need an anime that has a journey, a character that develops well as a character over time, and a plot driven story.

I need something to love again /a/. Will you help a poor guy out?
>>
No. Read the fucking rules.
>>
The one where that guy moves to a village and befriends a little girl. He practices typography, someone will name it.
>>
I should also note, something that is easily accessible. I don't want to scour the depths of the internet to find "that one anime."

Anything on Crunchyroll or a similar site is fine.
>>
Mahou sensou.
>>
>>122104382
Calligraphy, actually.
>>
>>122104385
Oh, you were trolling. Should have known.
>>
>>122104423
What is Mahou Sensou about?
>>
Learn to mend boilers or something instead
>>
>>122104501
What am i? Google?
>>
>>122104500
Not trolling, honestly need an inspiring pick me up.
>>
>>122104550
Ask MAL, Reddit or Crunchyroll forums, faggot.
>>
>>122104543
I mean, if you don't want to share I'll just find someone else who will. That's why I came here after all, no?
>>
File: ha.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>122104588
>I'll just find someone else who will
>That's why I came here
>>
>>122104573
If I wanted to ask them, I would have. I am asking /a/.
Are you not capable of recommending an inspiring anime? That seems to be what you're telling me here.
>>
>>122104588
Don't push so hard, it becomes too obvious.
>>
>>122104638
Read the fucking rules.
>>
>>122104634
I think you get what I mean, my friend.

>>122104529
No thanks.
>>
>>122104310
>blogging this hard on /a/
>thinking you can find intelligent opinions on /a/

No.
>>
Yeah no, fuck this. I'm outta here.
You guys obviously aren't going to be helpful.
>>
>>122104310
Get fucked faggot. Also, Boku no Pico.
>>
>>122104735
No anon, stay. We enjoy your company.
>>
>>122104735
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>122104735
Good. Don't come back.
>>
>>122104310
I think the secret to creativity is to have some other passion that can be reflected in the creative one.
Go out, live some, pour life experience on paper.
Or virtual paper.
>>
>>122104382
>The one where that guy moves to a village and befriends a little girl. He practices topography, someone will name it.
FTFY
>>
>>122104821
Well, I did have plans to travel across the country to California.
>>
>>122104310
Fuck off.
>>
>>122104850
>He practices topography
I'd watch that.
>>
>>122104310
Wait you wanted to be an animator but settled for being a comic artist? Why not just become an american animator?
>>
>>122104735
no /a/utist will be here to help you out, and you should already know that if you lurked more often. What you want to do is disguise a thread by saying xyz anime is the most deepest anime of all time and let the bickering sort them out.
>>
>>122104933
No no, I wanted to follow my childhood dream of being a "manga-ka", [enter weeaboo, faggot, neckbeard comments here]
Of course comes the stifling truth that its very hard for an american to be even considered in the manga industry.
So I'm more interested in pursuing my career in indie comics
But anime has always been my inspiration, and I feel like I've lost touch with it.
>>
I see /a/ is still acting like a bunch of elitists faggot.

Its funny because you guys have Naruto,Bleach,One Piece and Snk thread reaching bump limit in few hours.

Always make me laugh seeing a bunch of underage weebs trying to act tough
>>
>>122104310
Boku no Pico.
>>
Sorry anon, but you came to the wrong place. Try Tatami or Ping Pong
>>
>>122105066
It's the same medium, why does it matter what country you publish it in? Also have you done anything of note?
>>
>>122105066
Are you asking for anime or manga recs then?
>>
>>122104860
good.
I hope you'll not have internet connection and we will not see you here for a while
>>
>>122104310
>Of course, the cold truth beared its ugly head
>not being Bahi JD
Wow, you fucked up.
Also, fuck off.
>>
File: 1369545378873.png (38 KB, 172x167) Image search: [Google]
1369545378873.png
38 KB, 172x167
>>122105067
>/a/ is one person, all of you are posting in those shitty circlejerks!
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>122105156
I would share my work, but I'm afraid that no one is going to appreciate it here. So I don't think I'd want to.
I don't know if its a cultural bias, but anything made by someone who is not Japanese, even if the style is very similar, ever seems to be deemed anime or manga.

I have made a webcomic, but its been months since I've updated it, and now I am wokrking on a series with a different writer, but at least I'm getting paid for this one.
>>
>>122105067
I don't know about naruto/bleach and one piece threads since i have those filtered, but the snk threads are literally the same 50 persons posting over and over again. I wouldn't consider that a representative sample of /a/.
>>
>>122105286
Bahi JD, eh? I'll need to look him up.
Thanks!
>>
>>122105395
He is a guy that used to make gif animations on an animation forum and now a couple of years later is a bonafide animator working on anime like Space Dandy but he put hours into obsessively studying the work and techniques of nip animators.
>>
>>122105290
>implying the majority of /a/non here are not into shounen shit

Yeah remember when everyone hated Naruto before it was over? Yeah I remember it was just a lie.Since then there not a single day without a Naruto thread.
>>
>>122105296
>even if the style is very similar
That's because most american artists who use "manga-style" usually just do shitty big eyes and overuse the fuck out of 4-koma reactions instead of actually thinking about the benefits of manga style. For example, I've never seen an american comic, not even indie or webcomic, even try to properly use the action line style to enhance the look of motion or intensity in a movement. Also why does it matter if other people recognize it as anime or manga?
>>
>>122105395
>>122105499
An austrian guy that is, a westerner.
>>
>>122105521
Not to mention, most of them are inexperienced enough to think that there's such a thing as a unified manga style.
>>
>>122105395
Also that guy doing Ghost Rider comics is a westerner who's known mainly for his manga work.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.