[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Light Novel Protagnist are Dicks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3
File: 1353827378456.jpg (40 KB, 630x418) Image search: [Google]
1353827378456.jpg
40 KB, 630x418
I've been reading a lot of Light Novels from Japan and there is an absurd amount of Shits Not Given in these stories to the point of being full on assholes.

Is this just how the Japanese are or is this some sort of autistic authors opinions?

I'm reading Konjiki no Wordmaster and I get to this line; granted it's been like this from the start.

“I know that you’re anxious, but Hiiro being Hiiro, if you tell him, he’ll probably just respond with something like, ‘and so what?’”
“Y-yeah… that’s true.”

>Upon hearing Arnold’s words, it seems that a burden has been lifted from Muir’s chest.

A lot of fucking LNs are like this though, not just this one imparticular.
>>
The target audience is antisocial nerds. That's how they imagine cool people act, and how they would act if they could get away with it.
>>
Not your blog.
>>
>>122094981
You should probably stop reading the.

>there are people who think LN are the best otaku media

Excuse me while I go vomit.
>>
>>122094981
>MC is actually god tier but only his imouto and government higher ups knows.
>He cant use his powers normally because its top secret matter.
>He is also sealed and can only use half of his power due security matters, (government fears he may blow up the entire planet)
>MC still matchless because half of his unlimited power is already more than enough to steamroll everyone in the planet
>Does not cares about moralfaggotry
>Chinese mafia tries to mess with his imouto
>They are all dead in the following day
>Colleague gets injured
>Paramedics are ready to help her
>He says to paramedics what to do
>China attacks
>He nukes Chinese out of existence
>Chinese thinks hes god
>Two colleagues got fatal injures
>They are saved because MC can undo injuries
>MC can bring back the clinically dead
>America gets scared of him
>Sends their top fighter
>MC defeats her several times while sealed and adds her to his harem
>America tries to spy on MC
>They use spy camera from orbital satellite
>MC sees them doing it
>Warns them by looking back at spy satellite at earth orbit
>MC has all seeing eye with limitless range
>MC hobby is solving world energy crisis by creating unlimited energy generator and creating magical weapons that makes him even more invincible
>He joins the student council at school
>He is able to perform all work from the entire student council alone faster and better than the entire people on it
>He is chief engineer from one of biggest companies in the world, hes better than everyone working on it, he alone is able to increase profits more than 20%, adored by his subordinates and hated by every other sector
>His family is said to be the strongest magical clan from Japan
>One day he beats the family head - once called the strongest magician, Mc blew her as if nothing and everyone on his family hates him
> he does not cares because he can blow up every single of them
continue Ad infinitum(better than everyone on every single thing)
Tatsuya is not a dick
>>
>>122094981
You are reading shit tier novels. Wordmaster is particularly shit itself.
>>
>>122094981
>imparticular
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>122094981
Sounds like an honest answer. You want people to lie to you?
>>
>>122095863
c'mon now, ya can't lie like that
>>
>>122095863
Sasuga Onii-sama
>>
>>122096718
Actually ts all 100% accurate.
>>
>>122095863
But he is a dick, he acts condescending and like he has to know more than actual paramedics.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 620x350
Not a dick. OP knows nothing about LNs
>>
>>122094981
You should read more chinese stuff for more "cool asshole" MC, the authors are fucking retarded.

Thing is, having a MC being an ass is not that bad, it's the narration and the pace of the story that tries to glorify it.
>>
>>122097619
It's not.

>>122097686
Bad translations, also BT translations are also pretty bad.
That part is him saying paramedics what the actual fuck really happen there, so they can take care of her. Also he was the first one in the scene doing shit before paramedics even get in the crime scene.

>>122095863
In Halloween he does prepare candies because he doesn't like tricks.
Sasuga Onii-sama.
>>
>>122097686
Tatsuya was actually trained to perform basic surgical procedures at early age, his inhuman eye is also far superior than any medical imaging device available now or in the future, so he is not being condescending, as just superlatives can be used to describe his abilities he is also humblest.
>>
>>122097947
>Bad translations
Sorry /a/non the original novel in nihongo says the same, actually some parts could even be more exaggerated.
>>
>>122098110
To the people there who don't know that, it does come off that way. Even reading the LN he always has to be the one solving and doing everything, expert at all trades. He handles some people like children and tells them what to do all the time. It was noted in the latest volume he hates being told what to do and not being in charge.
>>
>>122098381
He still the humblest god-like human.
>>
>>122097947
That's exactly what's wrong with him, he's always there doing everything first before anyone else, Tatsuya is conveniently at every scene and every danger. His ES is worse than Big Brother watching.
>>
>>122098381
>He handles some people like children
For him 99.99% of human population is the same as children, he literally lives on higher plane of existence.
>>
>>122094981
>Konjiki no Wordmaste

I've dropped this LN because of the shitty MC
>>
>>122098465
He's not humble at all, that's a bunch of bullshit, he's egotistical about his CADs and how he's so much better than everyone else at engineering. Tatsuya has a suitcase full of CADs created for any occassion. Just read the 9 SC short stories, he always has to best everyone.
>>
>>122098549
Hilarious if it was meant as comedy, except Tatsuya fanboys actually believe this garbage and defend everything he does.
>>
>>122098584
>Tatsuya has a suitcase full of CADs created for any occassion
Its called preparedness, just shows how much he values his imouto.
>>
The only real dick move was NBR bullshit
>>
>>122098754
It had nothing to do with his imouto. He was finding a CAD for Eimi.

Let'a not get started on the cancer that is the imouto.
>>
I think you're reading the wrong LNs m8
>>
>>122098754
Considering the competition has rules as to what CADs you can have and use he still feels he is above the rules and brings a suitcase full of them and then wonders how far he can stretch the rules to use them. They almost didn't let 1st high compete because his set up was borderline infringing but they let him anyway.
>>
>>122095863
Holy shit. I mean,seriously, Holy shit. I can't think of a better self insert than that.
>>
>>122098944
>he is above the rules
Actually he was just using logical approach for maximizing chances of victory as he always do, no emotions involved just calculations.
>>
>>122094981

If you want a god teir MC who doesn't have assburgers and an interesting story read Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei. Another plus is that it doesn't seem like it is written for middle schoolers like word master and tate.
>>
Considering the fame of Mahouka I'm fairly amazed about how long it takes for the LN's to get translated.
Mushoku Tensei gets translated asap but Mahouka doesn't? Why is that so? I've been waiting for a new chapter on Mahouka longer than a month now.
>>
>>122098944
>>122098584
Sorry having huge amounts of CADS for every purpose or disregarding sportsmanship are unrelated with being condescending, during No Head Dragons attack Tatsuya displayed condescending behavior for the first and only time.
>>
>>122098483
>Your first time was stolen by him, sasuga oniisama!!
>>
>>122099260
Its harder to translate Mahouka due its extensive use of technical terms along with slightly outdated Japanese, as it seems Tsutomu Satou is 50+.
>>
>>122097686
>he acts condescending

its not condescension when you are literally better than everyone else
>>
>series with shitty protagonists

Now I just remember Arifureta and how it was good for like 20 chapters then the MC made a handheld railgun and grenades out of rocks.
>>
>>122099426
Disregarding sportsmanship makes you an ass, which is what OP was complaining of.
>>
>>122099426
Not true at all, he makes condescending remarks even to his friends.
>>
>>122099628

I heard that, too. However, I don't understand why a volume that has been released last fall is still not translated. I thought it was fairly popular.
>>
>>122099859
Doesn't give you the right to act like a dick. And he's not better than everyone else at things, we all know he can't move that damn block.
>>
>>122099940
>>122099977

Given his lack of emotions it is somewhat understandable.
>>
>>122099990
It's a really boring volume. Also, Volume 15 has a lot of Buddhist concepts with ancient magic and unless you are familiar with it, it means you have to look things up.
>>
>>122099940
>sportsmanship
Probably doesn't even register in Tatsuya mind.
>>
>>122100076
He has enough emotions to muster not acting like a dick. He needs to get told by Juumonji more often.
>>
>>122097745
More like a boring fag.
>>
>>122100129
>It's a really boring volume
Volume 14 maybe but not Volume 15
>>
>>122100203
Sounds like a shitty justification. He understands exactly what he does otherwise he wouldn't have worried well maybe I took things too far.
>>
File: oniisama must be protected.jpg (53 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
oniisama must be protected.jpg
53 KB, 700x394
>>122099057
It's not self insert though. It's only the power of Onii-sama.
>>
>>122100270
Yeah I was talking about Volume 14. Volume 15 is much better though I have my issues with it. The fight with Zhou shouldn't have less lines than Tatsuya going into a noodle shop and the author taking more time to talk about Miyuki and Minoru's beauty descriptions. That is just stupid considering Zhou has been a good antagonist and relevant for many volumes.
>>
They're trying to emulate Kyon, but like with most characters and archetypes that are attempted to be replicated in the anime industry, it usually doesn't work out.
>>
>>122099628
>Tsutomu Satou is 50+.
Woah, so a near-grandpa is writing mahouka? That's pretty baller, considering the LN is about a jesus incarnate.
>>
>>122101147
His old school conservative views on social/morality issues should give that much away anyway.
>>
>>122101147
How can a grampa write something this chuuni?
>>
>>122101681
>tfw my grandpa doesn't have chuunibyou

;_;
>>
>>122101681
*kusoge
>>
>>122101681
Right-wing nuts are always chuuni. They live in a "us against them" world after all.
>>
>>122101850
Remember when Tatsuya was dressed like Batman? I'd be a little disturbed if my grandpa wrote something like this.
>>
>>122095863
I'm amused that with all the ridiculous esacalation, near the end of the list we get:
>He joins the student council at school
>>
>>122100395

But I'd really like to read the meeting with the Kudo clan master.
I'd also like to see if some of his secrets are revealed to more of his classmates.
>>
>>122101994
>Right-wing nuts

I assume you are american. Only english speaking people would talk in such a condescending tone about the political spectrum.
Sasuga 2-party-non-democratic-system.
>>
>>122094981
If they were good writers they wouldn't be making light novels.
>>
>>122103435
>Americans
>english speaking people
>>
>>122103353
His chat with Retsu is interesting, it was the one noteworthy thing from the volume. Retsu knows about Tatsuya's past and the Yotsuba sponsor. How he will use the information or when is unclear. Retsu was in a better position prior to Volume 13. He lost a lot of the influence due to the Parasite doll event but he's definitely still planning something to undermine the Yotsuba.

His classmates don't really find out anything new about Tatsuya but Masaki learns he's in the 101st, sees him use Decomposition, suspects he has ties to Yotsuba even though Tatsuya denies it, and also hears his chat with Zhou where Tatsuya reveals he was able to trace him due to Nakura's blood.
>>
>>122103802
>His classmates don't really find out anything new about Tatsuya but Masaki learns he's in the 101st, sees him use Decomposition, suspects he has ties to Yotsuba even though Tatsuya denies it, and also hears his chat with Zhou where Tatsuya reveals he was able to trace him due to Nakura's blood.

God I want to read these parts so badly. This is what I expect the most out of the LN. I want to see the reactions of his friends when they find out just how many secrets he has in his pockets.
>>
>>122104877
You might be a bit disappointed then because he didn't react that shocked or strongly just more curious about the magic even then it wasn't like oh wow look at that. He had more reaction to Tatsuya teasing about him liking Miyuki than anything else. His other friends may react more to him being Yotsuba. Masaki is also way too nice to judge people.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.