[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hakomari
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 2
File: UtsuroNoHako_vol1_small_2858.jpg (82 KB, 350x503) Image search: [Google]
UtsuroNoHako_vol1_small_2858.jpg
82 KB, 350x503
So everyone is insane in this series right?
>>
>>121829001
Yup
>>
>>121829001
yep
>>
I like it.
Can't wait for the last volume, especially Dariah's part, whatever he is up to.
>>
>>121829001
They're all fucked in the head, yes.
>>
Kazuki turns out to be the most fucked up
>>
Am I retarded or is this confusing as FUCK?
>>
>>121831780
Cute girl anime has dumbed you down.
>>
File: 1424064502959.jpg (461 KB, 619x1792) Image search: [Google]
1424064502959.jpg
461 KB, 619x1792
Yes.
In the final volume Kazuki will spend his life with Maria in the rejected classroom and take her virginity for all eternity.
>>
Yup.

Gotta love a good set of crazies trying to outcrazy each other.

especially the protag
>>
this worth reading? hear it was good
>>
>>121832617
Best LN series I've read.
>>
Just finished vol.6 a few days ago. Is this what despair feels like?
>>
>>121829001
Yes.
>>
>>121832831
Well be glad the next one is coming out this year. Let's hope that Harukai will be the only one that isn't dead and/or insane by the end.
>>
>>121832970
She's pretty irrelevant now though. What could they even do to her.
>>
>>121832914
I hope nothing happens to him, he is such a bro.
>>
Man, this series is fucking great. The way the author wrote the time loop and the cinema was actually intelligent and interesting.
>>
Anyone read Kamisu Reina? Is it good?
>>
>>121833947
Loop and Cinema arc were my favorites as well. By far.
>>
>>121833827
Speaking of Kirino are she and Kazu still "friends". I know what he asked her to do was batshit crazy but it wasn't really clear.
>>
haruaki will kill kazu thats how it will end
>>
Illustrator could be better.

Maria is described as an incredibly beautiful woman, yet she looks like a corpse in the illustrations.
>>
>>121832656
>vol. 2 is shit
I won't disagree, but I have to say that 'Sevennights in Mud' is one of the best names for a power I have ever read.
>>
>You will never be stuck in a time loop with your perfect waifu so many times that she knows everything about you and still loves you
Why even live?
>>
>>121832617
Yes. It's pretty good.

I read this and Gekkou in a flash and immediately became a fan of LN's.
>>
>Remember reading the kings game
>All those setups
>Write down a graph and try to figure out who's who in the game
>It never mattered because something always fucks up in the end

I was almost having fun. What wasted potential.
>>
>>121836040
I want to watch her achieve her goal and then rip her to dream to pieces right in front of her
>>
>>121836013
There's too many retarded plot pulls in this novel for it to be mystery/detective type, where there's actually enough clues provided during the novel for you to work out the 'culprit' of each arc. Zaregoto has just as much brick shitting as Hakomari and does it much better in this regard.
>>
>>121836141
>Zaregoto

I've been hearing around this around threads since a long time ago.

Any good? I'm itching for something new to read.

So far have only read Gekkou, yahari and this. Somehow, most of the others being translated on baka tsuki seems to be haremshit.
>>
I dislike how Maria in the last few novels is basically just a useless side characters, especially after how much she was hyped up in the first few novels for being all powerful. Yes she's obviously extremely flawed but in the last few novels she was portrayed as being far too stupid and useless than she actually should be.
>>
>>121836252
Zaregoto is surprisingly better than Monogatari.
I still can't believe that they have the same author.
>>
>>121836252
I think you would love it. Since you seem to have similar taste as me, I'd rank Zaregoto my #1 LN easily, with Hakomari 2nd and I quite like Gekkou too. Although the bad thing is you are going to have trouble finding LN's of this caliber that have been translated, and everything else you read is going to seem very medicore in comparison.
>>
>>121836141
>Zaregoto has just as much brick shitting as Hakomari and does it much better in this regard.
I call bullshit. Both pull an equal amount of ridiculous plot twists, Zaregoto just likes to put everything upside down and make the answer so obvious that you're tricked into discarding the possibility beforehand.
>>
>>121836342
Will look up the summaries for those and give one a spin.

>>121836382
Okay then.

>>121836402
>everything else you read is going to seem very medicore in comparison.

That's exactly how i feel. Been trying to scout out the more famous ones on baka tsuki, but they weren't that good.

Zaregoto it is then.
>>
>>121836382
Monogatari is like an extremely dumbed down, cater to otaku type novel in comparison. Even Nishio doesn't want Zaregoto animated because he doesn't want it fucked up.
>>
I find it really funny how the characters got their looks changed each vol.
I really like the design in the first Vol even though the face seem weird. The laters Vol designs are kinda generic.
>>
>>121836382
I don't know if I'd say it's better than Monogatari, but it's definitely more fun. The crazy shit in Monogatari doesn't compare to the crazy shit in Zaregoto.
>>
>>121836469
Well I won't deny it has ridiculous plot twists too, but the execution is much better. In Hakomari you tend to turn your brain off and don't even try to work it out anymore, while Zaregoto still throws enough bones to you throughout for you to keep thinking, then fucks you at the end because there's no way you reached that conclusion.
>>
>>121836257
She's forced into situations where her ideals prevent her from actually doing anything. The whole point is that her own flaws fuck her over, which is why she always fails at attaining her true goals. She is doomed to flail uselessly because she forced herself into a cage that she refuses to escape by herself.

Her uselessness in these cases is what facilitates Kazuki's need to take action and makes him stop relying on her. Maria's weakness is what makes Kazuki realize his position as her Knight.
>>
>>121836626
Unable to do anything and being absolutely stupid is pretty far. She's meant to be extremely intelligent and has lived for a very long time. She basically acted like she was 15 years old and had no clue what the fuck was going on the entire time.
>>
>>121836731
She wasn't even around for the entirety of Volumes 3-4, so she indeed didn't know anything. And after that it's made clear that the shock from Kazuki's betrayal made her desperate.
> She's meant to be extremely intelligent and has lived for a very long time.
She simply relived the same day for a long time. She doesn't have the same life experience a 85 year old person has.
>>
>Zaregoto translations last updated May 2014
RIP
>>
>>121836402
Then read books.
>>
>>121831780
Not very.
>>
>>121837014
How about learning moonrunes?
>>
>>121836509
Blame the author for taking so long between releases.
>>
>>121837082
It's too difficult.
>>
Why are Japanese like writing story with a lot of mind games/clusterfuck plot points? Is it just their nature?
I mean, just look at Higurashi, Umineko, HakoMari, Zaregoto, Ace attorney. Some require a lot of over complicated world building like Fateshit, S;G, C;H and Mahouka.
Some are not really complicated, but they require a lot of text to explain.
>>
>>121837327
Japs just love infodumps and autism inducing stories.
>>
>>121829001
>reading light novels

haha losers
>>
>>121837397
Yeah I read some old books, they really like to go into a lot of details for the scenery and characters internal thoughts, even unnecessary ones like how the doors look is told. Half of a book is details of the scene. But I still like them.
Anyway, I have a feeling western book in modern era has been a lot shorter and lack details. I can't really call any of the recent novels in the West overcomplicated.
>>
>>121836040
>>121836063
>>121836120
Stop making me sad you faggots.
>>
>>121836582
Not that guy but I tried to use my brain a lot in reading HakoMari. What's really statisfying is that most of the time, I guessed the culprit and situation wrong. Damn statisfying.
>>
>>121837705
Every industry is the same. Whatever panders to the lowest common denominator sells.
>>
Is Zaregoto a single story or is it volume-episodic?
I wanted to read it some time ago but I don't like to start something that won't get a 100% translation in the end.
Also, what happened to the official English releases? Was it cancelled?
>>
>>121839966
Volume-episodic like Hakomari.
>>
>>121832368
>Kazuki telling her how many times he has already taken her virginity.
>>
>Muh Kasumi
Damnit man, pay attention to Maria! Boxes have feelings too.
>>
>>121829001
Pretty much. Ironically, the most sane turns out to be Maria.
>>
>there are people on /a/ who don't think this anime adaption is inevitable
>>
>>121842068
Maybe if MAPPA feel like they need another flop in their portefolios
>>
>>121836750
I don't think you can really compare the two, twist-wise. Umineko is actually something like a proper detective story on the lowest meta-level. People were actually able to predict Shkannontrice and some other stuff. Zaregoto is impossible to predict accurately unless your name is Nisio, because he just writes whatever crazy shit he wants. It is impossible for someone to strangle themselves to death with a rope without hanging themselves. As soon as you lose consciousness, the pressure would be gone and it would become impossible to finish yourself off.
>>
>>121837606
>I can't really call any of the recent novels in the West overcomplicated.

Infinite Jest is pretty damn overcomplicated, and it's fairly recent.

Bleeding Edge by Pynchon came out less than two years ago and it fits the bill.

They are out there; you just have to look.
>>
>>121829001
Anyone hear anything on release of vol7?

Also how is the other work he's putting out? the stuff that he was talking about in the interviews
>>
>>121842489
These guys typically have the most up-to-date news about what Mikage is doing:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3161&sid=d3bf0a5850d172881394382edff255e7&start=840
>>
>>121842068
>implying Japan even knows this novel exists
>>
>>121842337
>It is impossible for someone to strangle themselves to death with a rope without hanging themselves. As soon as you lose consciousness, the pressure would be gone and it would become impossible to finish yourself off.
Only if you're using your hands to strangle yourself. The way Ii-chan dismisses Zerozaki's concerns about the possibility of self-strangling, I'm guessing Mikoko just tied a rope around her neck tight enough to block the windpipe and tied the rest of it to the bed while lying down so that she wouldn't need to apply pressure with her own hands.
>>
>>121842923
It's much more popular in the west than in Nipland. Heard its sales are shit too.
Shit taste, as usual.
>>
>>121842576
Haha, holy shit
https://twitter.com/mikage_eiji/status/529279998562009089?s=09

>>121842553
I would kill for a MAPPA made Hakomari really, it's a perfect fit
>>
>>121842576
Not really. Mikage mentioned a while ago that he already finished the final volume and is working on the Hakomari-themed songs that are going to be released in April.
>>
>>121829001
Everyone except Haruaki.
>>
>>121843165
He didn't actually say what he finished, for all we know it was a new volume for his other LN.
>>
Why the fuck were all those posts deleted? Is discussion now banworthy? Mods?
>>
>>121843663
He was probably shitposting elsewhere and got banned.
>>
>>121843600
Nah, Mikage already finished his magical girl LN a back in October(that one was meant to be only two volumes long from the start) and at the same time he said he wanted to take a break from writing after finishing Hakomari, so I doubt he was talking about F-Rank.
He also wrote in early January that he was working on Hakomari's epilogue,so I'm pretty sure he's done already.
>>
>>121843821
Then it'll probably come out in Summer at the earliest. Except July release.
>>
>>121843873
And then full translations maybe a year later?
>>
>>121843956
A month, Eusth is fast with Hakomari.
>>
>>121842970
It's been a while since I read it, but I seem to recall that she couldn't have used the bed to facilitate strangling herself because she wanted it to look like a murder and not a suicide. If she used the bed, then it ruins the effect.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.