[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Batoto so highly used and recommended among /a/? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: batoto.png (84 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
batoto.png
84 KB, 229x176
What makes Batoto so highly used and recommended among /a/? Every time someone links a chapter or a page is saved, batoto is linked or seen in the file name. So far the only difference I can see between this and other sites (ie, mangafox/reader/trader/whatever) is that Batoto has multiple languages available and nothing licensed overseas, which is pretty neat. But I feel like there's more to it.

Help me understand this hivemind.
>>
No watermarks
HQ
Gives due credit to scanlators
>>
those sweet recruit pages
>>
it doesnt have meme social network connections
>>
>>121727219
Repeating syllables. They just roll off the tongue. Can't compete with that.
>>
also scanlators can easily edit pages if they need to fix something
>>
>>121727268
>No watermarks
Who honestly gives a shit? It's an unobtrusive thing in the corner that's barely noticeable anyways.

>HQ
It's the exact same shit.

>Gives due credit to scanlators
I never pay attention to scanlator drama anyway, so this doesn't really matter at all.
>>
It's one of the few online readers that doesn't touch the files at all. I still think all online readers are terrible just from a usability standpoint but if you have to use one then at least go for one that doesn't shit the images up.
>>
>>121727397
>It's the exact same shit.

You really don't know much of anything, do you?
>>
>>121727397
Oh anon, if you're gonna make a bait thread try not to be so obvious about it.
>>
>>121727219
autism. Its a shitty site, and the people who obsess over here do everything they can to keep people from actually discussing manga. Its the worst thing about /a/.
>>
I preffer MF because of how organized and clean it is
>>
>>121727219

The reason I like Batoto is because they allow me to fix uploads. Let's say I upload a chapter of Dumbpire and like a bwaka, I include a duplicate page. I can go in, delete the chapter, and re-upload it. Sites like Mangahere use bots to scour sites like Batoto and grab the first thing they see. Very rarely do they go back and get corrected chapters.

If you like those sites, that's fine, but realize you are often getting an inferior product.
>>
>>121727219
>>
>>121727397
>Who honestly gives a shit? It's an unobtrusive thing in the corner that's barely noticeable anyways.
Or! Or, it couldn't be there at all. Then it would literally be unnoticable.

>I never pay attention to scanlator drama anyway, so this doesn't really matter at all.
It doesn't have anything to do with drama, but at least give a due mention to the guys that put in the effort and scanlated that shit for you. I'm not telling you to donate to them, worship them or defend them in retarded drama(I also don't follow that shit), but at least give them that little bit of credit they deserve.
>>
It's annoying that it isn't optimized for mobile yet, and their filesizes are huge and load slowly on data. That and there isn't a counter with the total number of pages in a chapter which is a huge pet peeve as that is something I like to check before I start reading any given chapter.

All of these reasons combined are why I use Mangafox instead, but otherwise Batoto is my go-to place for saving pages to save, crop, and post.
>>
>>121727397

Kill yourself. I bet you stream and think it's the same thing as well.
>>
>>121727397
Mangafox cockslave pls.
>>
I download and read on MComix. Can't handle having to wait for pages to load.
>>
>>121727539
this picture gave me cancer
>>
is mangafox a new meme?
>>
>>121727563
>their filesizes are huge
That's kind of the point. They're uncompressed.
>>
>>121727688
It was always a meme, if by meme you mean shitty website used only by newfags who need to get the fuck out.
>>
>>121727397
mangafucks fuck off
>>
>>121727539
>censors good manga (like Blade Play for example) because it doesn't fir their feminist beta fedora agenda

But that's actually a valid criticism.
Seriously, fuck their retarded hypocritical locking policies. They arbitrarily decide what's ""appropriate"" or not.
>>
>>121727641
The people who complain about watermarks on manga remind me of oldfags who still complain about tv stations putting their own watermarks on shows.
>>
>>121727563
>their filesizes are huge
Are you living in the middle of the sahara desert? Scrap that i've been to tunisia and i had excellent reception even in the middle of the desert.
>>
>>121727686
It's supposed to.
>>
>>121727397
you should have your eyes checked man.
>>
>>121727691
More like they the same pages that were in archive you uploaded.
>>
No watermarks and they don't compress images. That's all I care about. Same reason I look to kissmanga. I don't know why this has to be repeated so often, it should be obvious.
>>
Mangafox seems to have gotten rid of a lot of manga these days. Give me mangachapter over either mangafox or batoto any day.
>>
>>121727688
Nobody cared who they were before they put on the watermark.
>>
A better question is... how do you pronounce it?

I say "Buh-tow-tow"
>>
>>121727539

needs more emoticons
>>
>>121727753
Most places in the world have better download speeds than the US.
>>
>>121727219
>So far the only difference I can see between this and other sites (ie, mangafox/reader/trader/whatever) is that Batoto has multiple languages available and nothing licensed overseas
ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND?

Batoto is the only choice because it hosts the original files, no the over a thousand times compressed and watermarked shit of other places. KissManga is the only alternative.
>>
>>121727807
>not "Bow-Tao-Tao"
>>
>>121727807
bow two two
>>
>>121727752
Retard.
>>
>>121727747
>no monmusu allowed
>scratch that, but only the recent chapters!

weird thing to do.
>>
>>121727688
If you think it's new you are either disgustingly ignorant or a clear newfag. It's been around for ages and is basically just a terrible site that people use when they don't know better. It has a lot of other problems but that's the main reason it's the subject of scorn.
>>
>>121727807
batou-to
>>
>>121727791
Kissmanga does compress some releases. From what i could tell they do that for CR releases at least.
>>
Seriously though, Batoto is just fine, but the obsessive fucks who have to champion it every chance they get make people hate it. Its like a religion. Nothing wrong with most religions out there, its the terrorists and bible thumpers that ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>121727807
Baaaaaaaah-toetoe

I like to hold out the "aaa" sound for a good five or six seconds.
>>
>>121727807
Batoto.
If your language weren't retarded you shouldn't have problems to determine the one and only way to pronounce a word whenever you see it written.
>>
>>121727857
did you shake your cane at the screen while typing that?
>>
>>121727807
ばとと, it's a site for Japanese manga so I pronounce it in a Japanese way.

>>121727879
I noticed that too but I think it's actually just lazy uploaders who upload "ripped" chapters that aren't actually ripped. I noticed that chapters that are small and gross looking on kissmanga are still small and gross looking if I download them from nyaa.
>>
>>121727894
>hating bible thumpers
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU HEATHEN
>>
>>121727825
>plebs who don't use Mangapark

No watermark and you don't have to waste time clicking through pages.
>>
File: disapproval.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
disapproval.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>121727397
>Who honestly gives a shit?
>>
>>121727879
>compressing already compressed jpg images
That's the most retarded thing to do for no reason at all.
>>
>>121727752
I'm 21 and this bothers the fuck out of me when I'm watching TV
>>
>>121727906
incorrect, if you don't have at least a passing knowledge of Japanese then you're probably going to put emphasis on the wrong syllable.
>>
I remember when I had to go somewhere other than Batoto. They put their shit watermark over speechbubbles.
>>
>>121727964
It's so retarded I'm pretty sure they don't actually do that.
>>
>>121727807
Bah Toto
Toto like the one that sung africa
>>
>>121727974
sounds like mangapanda
>>
I would use Batoto, as I agree with the procedure of giving credit, as well as the quality is overall a lot better, but I use kissmanga due to the function of having all the pages on the same screen and scrolling to read. It's just easier for me.
>>
File: 000.jpg (203 KB, 869x1228) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
203 KB, 869x1228
>>121727927
>>121727964
Since it only seems to happen with CR releases i just assumed it was some attempt to dodge copyright claims.
I've seen the same happen on batoto with gto paradise lost. Their chapters are literally compressed versions of cr.

>>121727997
Check this one.
>>
>>121727926
Mangafoxs cockslaves understand only words from their master of any phallic object? Okay.
>>
>>121728028
source
>>
Remeber, reddit uses batoto.
Don't be a redditor.
>>
>>121728048
boku no pico
>>
>people actually like shitty low res watermarked manga
What the fuck? It's not even like streamfags being too lazy and/or stupid to learn how to download anime, it's literally the exact same thing, just on a different website.

This has to be a troll.
>>
Is there any way in Batoto to hide languages while browsing mangas?
>>
>>121728051
Reddit also breathes and drinks water for sustenance, retard.
>>
anyone else use mangasee?
>>
>>121727858
I think that's reasonable, since it's being officially licensed.
If you want to read older ones, support official release etc, but scanlation obviously gets things out before official translations can.
>>
>>121728051
Remember, reddit breathes oxygen.

Don't be a redditor.
>>
>>121728086
You should stop doing that too then.
>>
The biggest reason to not use Batoto is because they honestly have some of the worst staff I've ever seen.

Every single one of the admins is a gigantic piece of shit faggot.
>>
>>121728051
Remember, reddit uses the internet.
Don't be a redditor.
>>
Is this an autist thread?
>>
>>121728086
>2015
>breathing and drinking water
Confirmed redditor
>>
>>121728090
I think it's okay for tablet browsing population.
>>
>reading manga online
>not downloading it
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>121728051
Remember reddit uses 4chan.
Don't be a redditor.
>>
>>121728051
Why do you know this? I thought it was against the rules on leddit to mention "illegal content".
>>
>>121728086
>>121728106
>>121728126
Angry redditshits detected.

Fuck off back to your shit website.
>>
I download all my manga from madokami these days.

Got tired of online readers missing chapters or not having series, so I just stopped using them.
>>
>>121728118
The rules are kinda strange but the staff seems to be on top of things. They're quick when fixing shit.
>>
File: 001.jpg (261 KB, 1133x1600) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
261 KB, 1133x1600
>>121728048
>>121728028
Shirogane no Nina.
Last one was kissmanga rip, this one is cr rip.
There are surely better examples but i don't feel like looking for them.
>>
Dunno. It's alright.

Manga Lyght is the best website for reading manga by a country mile. The only thing it lacks is the sheer library of other sites.
>>
>>121728131
it is now that you're here
>>
>>121728028
Huh. That seems reasonable. Sometimes they end up upping something that looks less/uncompressed later, too. At any rate, it tends to be my best bet to get manga stuck behind the CR or mangabox walls.

>>121728073
I've heard some people complain that it's TOO big, but then I have to ask if they ever realized browsers have a zoom out function.
>>
>>121728157
How did you detect them like that? Almost like you know exactly how reddit people are. I wonder how you have that much experience.
>>
>>121728148
This argument, while I don't agree with it, make much more sense than people obsessed with whether or not everyone else is using their favorite reader site or not.
>>
>>121728177
I bet a lot of them actually read manga on their phones, that's why.
>>
>>121728082
@-moz-document url-prefix('http://bato.to/comic/')
{
table.chapters_list tr.row:not(.lang_English), table.chapters_list tr.row0:not(.lang_English), table.chapters_list tr.row1:not(.lang_English)
{
display: none !important;
}
}

You shouldn't need any further explanation.
>>
Guess I got ignored.

Anyway, if you don't want to use Batoto, that's fine. Use whatever you want. I just prefer Batoto because it gives scanlators like me easier ways of fixing things.
>>
>>121728209
I don't care what site they use as long as it doesn't watermark, doesn't reduce the image resolution, and doesn't host shitty chink scans.
>>
>>121728177
Well there are at least 2 anons ripping cr onto madokami and for mangabox you're better off using a script and ripping it yourself, you can usually read a few chapters ahead.
>>
>still caring about 20x20 pixel transparent watermarks

Autism.
>>
>>121728271
someone post one of the mangapanda pages
>>
>>121728271
Yeah who doesn't like having artwork obscured by an unnecessary blemish? Fuck off.
>>
I used to like batoto but I think PROzess is chummy with the stuff. fuck that guy
>>
>>121727752
>HD broadcast has significantly larger station logo because it's as proportionally large as the SD one
>>
>>121727972
Exactly. Because english is a shit language. It just proves his point.

Btw it's pronounced Bátôtô.
>>
>>121728082
Register, go to your settings, hide everything that's not English.

>>121728118
That's true but they rarely get mad over manga I read so I can just ignore them.

>>121728210
But there are apps like mangawatcher that fix that.

>>121728255
I wasn't around when madokami became a thing and I was always too lazy to look into getting the entrance information. I'm also too lazy to search the archive and figure out how to rip mangabox stuff. When it comes to this sort of thing, the only thing I know how to do is rip from viz.
>>
>>121728028
>Since it only seems to happen with CR releases i just assumed it was some attempt to dodge copyright claims.
What?! No. Page with less quality/size is still the same page. CR can send letters of happiness regardless of quality or even having pages from manga at all (see baka-updates failure) at any giving moment, so it can't be reason if you not a retard.
>>
>>121728309
>chummy
Why? He translates gorillions of things, at least.
>>
>>121727972
Japanese isn't complicated weeb, it puts equal emphasis on all syllables. Wow so difficult.
>>
So how long does it take the bautists to read a chapter. You people are making it sound like you stare lovingly at every page for several minutes just absorbing the artwork before moving on to the next page.
>>
>>121728344
(didn't mean to quote that chummy part)
>>
>>121728324
Everyone already agreed that it's pronounced BAAAAAH-TEEEEE-TEEEEEEEEEEE. Please read the thread.

I'm speaking for everyone. I have that authority.
>>
>>121728307
>OH no this random tiny rock is 2% harder to see!! Fuck them for COMPLETELY ruining the mangaka's artistic vision!

Autism.
>>
>>121728271
yeah, super weird how people care about things obstructing visuals in a visual medium

Mangafox's doesn't obstruct, but they do compress all to shit and the watermark at the bottom makes me want to puke if I ever read it.
>>
>>121728367
I actually do that if the art is pretty enough. Why rush? That's one of the pluses of manga.
>>
As a scanlator I upload my work to /a/ and as far as I'm concerned that's it my work is done. If someone wants to upload it to ex or batoto that's fine. What pisses me off is when it's uploaded to fucking mangafox or mangapanda because of fucking eye cancer quality and watermarks, why did I bother to clean it if it's just going to have that done to it? Also they make a profit from it, the group don't see any money from it and neither to do the mangaka in Japan. They're a businesses. Scanlation should be fans doing it for other fans, for free.
>>
>>121728381
Why are you defending what is objectively a shitty practice? There's literally no excuse for it. I'm convinced you're just trolling because your only argument is "Well I can just ignore it!" which is tacitly admitting it's a shitty thing to do.

And what's more, you don't even have to put up with it because sites like Batoto and Kissmanga exist, that host manga watermark free, and they are no more difficult to access than mangapanda or mangafox or any other shitty hosting site that watermarks.

So basicall you're just choosing to have low res, watermarked shit for no reason. Absolutely no reason.
>>
All this batoto butthurt really just stems from the fact that everyone knows their precious little site will never be as good as onemanga was.
>>
>>121727519
>Sites like Mangahere use bots to scour sites like Batoto and grab the first thing they see.
I'll be damned if I'm going to use a site run by machines. Unless they're giant sized.
>>
>>121728459
Onemanga was terrible, what the fuck are you talking about? It was basically a slightly better mangafox.
>>
>>121728367
Do I have to speedrun it? I'm not on a fucking clock.
>>
>>121728459
How are we butthurt? Because we get our manga in better quality with no watermarks at literally no effort?

I cannot understand the mentality of people who think this is elitism, it's literally you looking at a field and deciding to have lunch in a big pile of dog shit for no reason.
>>
File: img000001.jpg (176 KB, 646x988) Image search: [Google]
img000001.jpg
176 KB, 646x988
>>121728333
I wracked my brain at this one at i couldn't figure out any other reason for them to compress CR (and CR only) series.
The only other reason that came to my mind is that whoever is ripping it for them is retarded.
Then again, as i said before i saw the exact same thing happen on batoto.
This is gto paradise lost chapter 17 page 1 by "nosaj".
>>
>>121728365
no it totally doesn't
If you're saying "samurai" with the same emphasis on every syllable you're saying it wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (453 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453 KB, 1066x1600
>>121728509
This is gto paradise lost chapter 17 page 1 by "CR".
>>
I like Batoto but they take down scans way too easily. Who honestly gives a shit about scanlator drama. For this reason I usually use Kissmanga instead.
>>
>>121728365
>it puts equal emphasis on all syllables
confirmed for not knowing Japanese
>>
>>121727807
>batootles
>>
>>121728510
Yes it is. That's the first thing I have to teach English Only People who are learning Japanese: syllables all have more or less equal weight. Americans tend to emphasize the first syllable, and brits tend to want to emphasize the second. In Japanese, default pronunciation is putting equal stress on every part of the word until you better understand the language.
>>
Does batoto have some country IP blocked? This thread makes it feel like there's a group of people who don't have access to it so they're hating.
>>
>>121728459
Onemanga is shit what are you talking about

Even just looking at this random chapter: http://www.onemanga2.com/ookiku-furikabutte/117/1/
>turn off your adblock pls we need money ;_;
>compressed to shit images
>>
>>121728508
go to any thread with a page from a manga as the OP and you will see a shit ton of batoto elitism. No one can even discuss magna here unless its gotten from that site. Who cares if someone just wants to grab an image from the fastest source they can use? Its a cancer, and until people accept the hate for batoto is not about the site itself, but the crusaders for it, then nothing will ever change.
>>
>>121728560
I literally tutor Japanese to high schoolers. I laugh when I see braindead /a/nons act like they know what they're talking about. Just yesterday I saw some fool trying to convince me Japanese was a "tonal" language.
>>
I don't like it when scanlators upload a bunch of recruit pages or fanart pages before the chapter starts. It feels like a ploy to get more ad revenue.
>>
>>121727539
>pays entitled translators money
uhh... they haven't shared any of their google adsense money with anyone, in the last couple years
>>
>>121728637
>>go to any thread with a page from a manga as the OP and you will see a shit ton of batoto elitism
No you won't, you mangafox shitter. They shit on you because you go to shitty sites like mangafox or mangapanda that watermark and reduce the image quality to garbage.

Nobody would give a shit if you went to kissmanga instead of batoto, or if you downloaded it from madokami, as long as the image is properly sized and clean.

Seriously this isn't hard to figure out. It's not about where the image came from, it's about the quality of the image. If mangafox didn't resize and turn pages into grainy shit, people wouldn't even care that they put their watermark below it.
>>
OP here. Thanks for the constructive replies that did exist, I was honestly just curious. I'm a casual manga reader who only reads One Pissu trying to branch out into more series, and Potato's library is pretty decent. The only reason I was drawn to it in the first place was because of Jojo's colored adventures.
>>
>>121728626
>onemanga2
The fuck?
>>
>>121727539
Better now
>>
>>121728637
No one cares about where you got the page as long as it's the original, untouched page. Just stop posting shit from Mangafox, that's the real cancer.
>>
>>121728546
The only reason I don't like kissmanga as much as batoto is that it's not as friendly with webcomic reader. Seems to be something about the URL or whatever, I don't know. At any rate, it makes jumping to completely different pages impossible sometimes.

Also, one thing I dislike about batoto is that if I do feel like turning ads on on their site, they have an ad that will cover two-page spreads if I'm using webcomic reader which twists my nipples.

>>121728644
It's not a tonal language, but pretending they don't emphasize certain syllables is simply incorrect. If you're speaking in the simplest sense of the language, in its basic rules, you might be right. However, in practice, a native speaker definitely puts emphasis on certain words if they're speaking in certain dialects. It's natural for this to happen in any language. Maybe you shouldn't be teaching Japanese.
>>
>>121728644
I literally took 4 years of Japanese from actual Japanese language instructors at a college, who were being paid to do it.

Japanese is one of the hardest languages to learn period, but one thing about it is that emphasis is all over the place. it's different for every word. It doesn't have a hard and fast rule. Nearly all the words have a correct place for emphasis, and there's no logic to it.
>>
>>121728721
Exactly my point here. This guy doesn't get it. People aren't trying to have discussions about quality here. They're trying to discuss content. And obsessive fools like this can't let it go no matter what.
>>
>>121727397
I assume you never used mangapanda
>>
>>121728367
I read each chapter in 5 seconds flat. I don't even read the words or individual panels, I just glance at each page and move on like a real patrician.
>>
File: thumbs.jpg (18 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.jpg
18 KB, 300x265
>>121728730
>>
File: 1417241600745.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1417241600745.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>121728730
>>
>>121727906
you must be italian
>>
Why are western manga fans such faggots?

Even western anime shitters aren't as bad. At the very least, they don't put up with retarded fansubber drama, while mangacucks actually encourage that shit with scanlators.
>>
>>121728772
How about you stop reading shitty quality scans and then you can have discussions about content.
>>
>>121728637
Elitism is what keeps this board good. If it annoys people like you, then it's working.
>>
>>121728772
>I like to eat shit
I bet you use VLC also.
>>
>>121728538
>>121728509
Must be aliens then, since there's no humanly sane reason to do this. While HorribleScans were around, I even made a script to clean pages and save in png to read it, since while CR quality is bad, it can be fixed, but this shit is just... I don't know. Aliens.
>>
>>121728730
doesn't say censored for google jew gold
>>
>>121728637
Elitism is what this board is built upon, either deal with it or leave.
>>
>>121728857
Nope, going to keep doing it to spite people like you till you either give up or have an aneurism over it. What a great obituary, died over constantly being worked up over other people's reading habits.
>>
>>121728844
how do we "encourage" drama, exactly? By reading the shit we want to read? The only people posting on scanlator forums are 15 year old faggots, and as we all know, everyone on /a/ is a twelve year old girl
>>
>>121728844
Too obvious, try harder. I'm not impressed.
>>
File: 1365448675853.png (100 KB, 339x276) Image search: [Google]
1365448675853.png
100 KB, 339x276
>>121728844
>At the very least, they don't put up with retarded fansubber drama
>>
>>121728928
Hope you like your threads being filled to brim with shitposting.
>>
>>121728860
>>121728924
Except that's not elitism it's "doing absolutely everything possible to avoid any discussion whatsoever."

And if that's how you define elitism, then even fucking /b/ or /v/ is elitist.
>>
>>121728924
>>121728860
I thought this board was built on everyone's desire to be a little girl.
>>
>>121728730
Perfect.
>>
>>121728367
It takes me 8 hours to finish an 80 chapter book with 20 pages per chapter
>>
>>121728962
I don't want to discuss anything with somebody too lazy to even get a proper page of manga. Same reason I don't want to discuss anything with a person too lazy to find the source of an image on their own.

>>121728964
What it was built to do and what keeps it decent are different things.
>>
>>121727397
Don't worry OP I'm with you.

Only /a/utists care about that shit. Thats why your average casual is still gonna use these sites.
>>
Batoto is a wholesome family site. They removed umibe no onnanoko because teen sex is sinful pedo shit.
>>
>>121728956
It's completely true.

Even in something as cancerous as SNK, once they saw that Commie was being retarded with their Eoten shit, everyone just immediately shat on them and switched, instead of sucking their dick like mangafags would do.
>>
>>121728763
>However, in practice, a native speaker definitely puts emphasis on certain words
That's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about enunciation, the pattern of stress on syllables that makes a dialect unique. In Japanese, all syllables are stressed by default. You gradually learn where to make exceptions for this as your vocabulary expands.

>>121728765
>I literally took 4 years of Japanese from actual Japanese language instructors at a college
So did I, and I studied abroad in Japan, and now I tarnslate manga and doujin in my spare time while tutoring kids over the internet.

>Japanese is one of the hardest languages to learn period,
If you're stupid and insist you know more than people who speak the language, then yeah. Listen when I say this: if you apply your retard American enunciation patterns to Japanese, you're gonna sound like a retard. You will sound very stilted if you use the default even-stress pattern, but you will at least be intelligible.
>>
>>121727397

>exact same shit

This is what Mangafox Retards actually believe.
>>
>>121729062
People post sub drama nonsense all the time. The only reason there's less of it lately is since CR subs most anime these days.
>>
>>121729062
Scanlator drama is retarded but if you think the fansubbing community is free of it, you are equally retarded. The only suggestion I have is lurk more and read the archives.
>>
>>121728765
classic amerifat that only had to learn english and never any other language.

Japanese is easy as fuck compared to any norse
>>
Daily reminder to just submit to your Crunchyroll overlords and accept them as your one true manga source.
>>
>>121729227
Crunchyroll is a cancer.
>>
>>121729227
>paying for mangas

top kek
>>
>>121729149
It's not free of it, but there's a lot less since the typical animefag doesn't put up with it nearly as much.

And it all stems from the fact that there are usually more options when it comes to fansubbing. It means that if one of them starts acting like retards, they can just switch.

Scanlators somehow forced the "rule" that only one group is allowed to work on a series ever, so it's very rarely that you can switch to another group doing releases. So it just leads to everyone sucking them off, even when they start being faggots. See: PROzess.
>>
>>121727397
You're as bad as streamfags, fuck off.
>>
>>121729283
>Scanlators somehow forced the "rule" that only one group is allowed to work on a series ever
Must be have something to do with sheer manga numbers that wouldn't be scanlated if two or more groups did work at the same titles.
>>
>>121729283
There's actually some good sense in that "rule". Manga is much harder to get out in different languages in a way that looks good. Rather than spreading forces, having people group up and focus down on a series is a much better idea. Furthermore, rather than taking another group's series, you're better off working on a series that has no scanlators. Problems only arise when a scanlator gets fed up (likely, since scanlation is stressful and mostly thankless) or when a group is fucking hellishly slow despite others being able to get scans out faster.
>>
File: 1419715026144.gif (568 KB, 240x291) Image search: [Google]
1419715026144.gif
568 KB, 240x291
>>121728730
>>
>>121729227
Crunchyroll legitimately makes me angry with how shit a job they do with manga. I fucking hate them so much.
>>
>>121729227
Maybe when they stop being massive faggots and translate half the titles that they have licensed.
Maybe then i'll give them my $4.00

>>121729283
>Scanlators somehow forced the "rule" that only one group is allowed to work on a series ever, so it's very rarely that you can switch to another group doing releases.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's better than having 10 groups for each wsj series.
There's already a huge amount of manga that will never be translated as is. This isn't anime where everything will get subs no matter how shitty it is.
> everyone sucking them off, even when they start being faggots. See: PROzess.
Does anyone even care about prozess anymore? Literally the worst example you could find.
>>
I prefer kissmanga because of the whole chapter on one page style. Much easier to read
>>
>>121729469
How many titles do they have licensed that they haven't translated?
>>
>>121729469
>This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's better than having 10 groups for each wsj series.
Sometimes they are slow, and by slow I mean really slow. Sometimes they just drop it because "real life".
Are you telling me that that is fine? Fuck monopolizing manga.
>>
>>121729635
The one scanlator group per manga rule is good, but it is flawed, yes.
>>
>>121729469
>monopolies are a good thing!

And this is exactly why mangafags are shit.
You might get slightly more releases out of it, but it also creates an environment where they don't have to worry about quality at all, because everyone will just be forced to read whatever they can get and thank them for it.
>>
>>121727397
>why does /a/ like this?
>it's superior in this way, this way, this way, and this way
>well i don't care about any of that and am fine with low-quality watermarked pages and fucking and ignoring the source that provides all of the content
I don't know what to tell you man, if you're not involved in the medium and don't care then it doesn't matter and I don't see why you'd ask in the first place except to demonstrate that you're an idiot.
>>
>>121729634
I believe they have access to the whole jmanga library.
>>121729635
>Sometimes they are slow, and by slow I mean really slow. Sometimes they just drop it because "real life".
Yes and if there's enough interest in it someone else will pick it up.
And i only said that it's not a necessarily bad system, not that it's flawless.

>>121729705
>everyone will just be forced to read whatever they can get and thank them for it.
You don't have to read anything, no one is standing next to you forcing you to read things. If you think it's shit drop it. If other people also think that it's shit and if they care about it enough they will pick it up.
It's not like the magical dibs rule is gonna keep someone from taking over a project that someone is doing poorly.
>>
Am I the only one that uses Mangahere to look up latest releases since it's the most streamlined and THEN go to Batato to actually read it?

Batato has the best quality, but I've always found Mangahere to have the most appealing place to look up recent releases.
>>
>>121729699
It's the other way around - rule is flawed, but good.
>>121729705
>monopolies
>in free to grab scans and free to translate internet
Kek. You are free to make your own version. It's just that in most cases it's a retarded thing to do when there's shitton other untranslated series that people beg to translate.
>>
File: 1422318744409.png (456 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1422318744409.png
456 KB, 680x680
>>121729227
>CR is the only group scanning or other groups aren't as far
>>
>clearly advertising batoto
>in the character of an aggressive mangafox marketer
this is layered stuff you got going. I don't really understand it tho
>>
>>121730072
same. Or rather, I read latest chapters on mangahere because it's convenient, and if I'm going to be reading a lot I'll use batoto.
>>
>>121730114
>Quality?? Who cares about that, just give me quantity!

Kill yourself, CRfag.

>>121730003
>Yes and if there's enough interest in it someone else will pick it up.
>If other people also think that it's shit and if they care about it enough they will pick it up.
Except that's not guaranteed at all.
And if it does happen, there's a fucking shitstorm.

>It's not like the magical dibs rule is gonna keep someone from taking over a project that someone is doing poorly.
It's highly discouraged and virtually never happens.
>>
In the past we laughed off everyone who read manga online, and now these newshits come in and spout how great their shitty online readers are.

G E T
O U T
>>
>>121730287
True niggas use the madonk
>>
>>121730003
To be honest, would you really trust CR to properly translate and release everything in the jmanga library with no issues? There's no way they wouldn't fuck it up massively.
>>
>>121730274
You some special kind of retard. And the one who don't know shit she talking about.
>>
>>121730368
A system that encourages quantity over quality will never be good.

Feel free to keep thanking scanlators for shitting down your throat though.
>>
File: school.png (319 KB, 477x530) Image search: [Google]
school.png
319 KB, 477x530
>>121729051
Why are you replying to your own post? check it
>>
>>121730262
Yeah I'll just straight up read off of mangahere if I'm too lazy to look it up in Botatoe. Can't do it with series that have good art though, too noticeable of a difference.
>>
>>121730402
As I said, you're a special retard who doesn't know shit.
>>
>people not going to mangahere for le tsukommi.

Y'all people are fagets.
>>
>>121730274
>that's not guaranteed at all.
The only thing that is guaranteed is no translations.
>And if it does happen, there's a fucking shitstorm.
As i said, the system is flawed but it's not necessarily bad.
I'll give you an example, animexis hasn't dropped Teppu, they're extremely slow and the only reason that they're not a gajillion chapters behind is because the manga was on hiatus. Do you really think that anyone would give a flying fuck if anyone else picked it up?

>>121730358
>would you really trust CR to properly translate and release everything in the jmanga library with no issues?
No, i woudn't. It's CR after all.
But i would still prefer to have CR's passable releases than no releases at all.
>>
I don't get why /a/ worships that site so much. Specially if you consider how Tumbr like the site as become.

That is why I go straight to the translator's site.
>>
>>121730580

In my experience, the people who tsukkomi on Mangahere are idiots. It's reddit level garbage.
>>
File: 1379128980517.png (59 KB, 396x359) Image search: [Google]
1379128980517.png
59 KB, 396x359
>>121727397
You asked a question, someone answered your question, and you get angry at them for it.
>>
>>121730694
Sometimes (rather often) you just have to use batoto because scanlators don't put download links or using batoto as their main site, so you ave to download from there (thank god for all those programs that can do it for you).
>>
>>121730476
Then why don't you disprove a single thing that I said?

In the first place, if mangafags weren't such shit-eaters, things like mangafox wouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Fuck, even nyaa has more traffic than virtually any given streaming site.
The only one that has more in the US is crunchyroll, and it's easy to see that the majority of those are fujoshits who are doing it just to use the forums.

>>121730590
>I'll give you an example, animexis hasn't dropped Teppu, they're extremely slow and the only reason that they're not a gajillion chapters behind is because the manga was on hiatus. Do you really think that anyone would give a flying fuck if anyone else picked it up?

Animexis is at the very least 2 chapters behind. There are raws for 30 out.
And I can guarantee you if someone did pick up those 2 chapters, they would throw a bitchfit about it.
And all their fans would still suck their dick, regardless if the people who did them were shit or not.
>>
>>121730729
Those are literally the same people that enjoy stupid staff notes on the border of pages, of course it's gonna be retarded shit.
>>
>>121727807
BUH TWO TWO
alternatively
BOH TAY TOE
>>
>>121730814
I sense a flaw in your argument: Animexis has no fans. It's a notoriously slow group.
>>
>>121729227
>implying CR translates more than a handful of titles worth following
>paying for digital mangu
top pleb
>>
>>121730814
>Then why don't you disprove a single thing that I said?
Why should I care if some raging retard claimed that Earth is flat and Sun flying around it?
>>
>>121730287
In the past online readers were universally bad. It's why stuff like MangaTraders used to be more popular due to its downloading services.
>>
What program do you use to read /a/? My down key is bust so I'm looking for one easier to read with mouse scrolling.
>>
File: 1564as6d4asd4asd.gif (451 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1564as6d4asd4asd.gif
451 KB, 500x313
>>121730858
>epic maymays notes on the border of pages
It's a long time since I've seem one of those, thank god.
>>
File: 2015-02-24_169x126_scrot.png (4 KB, 169x126) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-24_169x126_scrot.png
4 KB, 169x126
>>121730925
Yeah, who pays for manga anymore, that's just silly.
>>
File: 30393.jpg (28 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
30393.jpg
28 KB, 225x350
>>121731033
Download your shit + honeyview, or whatever software makes you more confortable
>>
>>121730935
If it's so completely and obviously wrong, why don't you actually disprove then? It should be trivial.

>>121730877
And yet even though everybody knows that they still suck their dick. It's especially obvious when they actually do get off their asses and release a chapter.
>>
>>121731065
>>121730858

Which we at Underdog do not do. Prettyanon is also against them as well, for good reason.
>>
>>121730814
>at the very least 2 chapters behind
31 came with the february issue.
> they would throw a bitchfit about it.
There was an anon redrawing it on his own, he attempted to contact animexis and got no answer. If someone ends up releasing it, animexis has zero reason to complain about it.
>And if it does happen, there's a fucking shitstorm.
You mean the 2 persons who regularly check their site and post on their shoutbox? Even then i doubt that.

>>121731104
Is horriblescans even alive?

>>121731065
>It's a long time since I've seem one of those
You're not reading enough manga.
>>
>Online reading
>>
>>121730694
I only go to their sites if it's not on batoto, simply out of convenience since I read many other things on there.
>>
>>121731151
I'm working on it. I plan on releasing the ripper on github possibly.
>>
>>121731331
>I plan on releasing the ripper on github possibly.
I believe there is one available already. I don't feel like looking it up but i have seen it posted here before.
There's also the one that the anon who scrapes for madokami uses.
>>
>>121731422
Is there? That's pretty cool. I'm still probably gonna release my shitty one anyways after I'm done coding it.
>>
Ofc mangabee.
>>
>>121731169
Easier than downloading when you're following 50+ or 100+ series.
>>
I use mangafox because I have a third world internet connection and batoto is too long to load for me.
>>
File: unlimited bait works.png (136 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
unlimited bait works.png
136 KB, 622x626
>>121727397
>>
>>121731737
>replying to a retard with a retarded answer
How fitting.
>>
>>121731737
>downloading when you're following 50+ or 100+ series
Easy mode.
>>
>>121731663
But Ipreffer mangaadd a random word that have nothing to do with manga/anime at all
>>
>>121731106
I did imply I download.

Is there a setting that makes it not jump page when you mouse scroll? Or a program specifically for manga that has that feature?That's what I meant.
>>
>>121727219
/a/ likes Batoto now?
I thought most anons hated online readers
>>
>>121727539
>>121728730
>censors good manga because it doesn't fit their feminist beta fedora agenda
>sexist
How can it be both? Aren't they mutually exclusive?
>>
>>121731920
>Is there a setting that makes it not jump page when you mouse scroll?
I'm sure that any comic viewer worth the name has this option.
>>
>>121731953
Best from worsts. Online readers is a cancer, but some are better than others.
>>
>>121731953
Do you people not understand any of the reasons behind elitism? Do you think /a/ just picks things to arbitrarily shit on?

There's no issue with the quality of images on batoto or kissmanga or readers like those. You can only tell them apart from downloaded images if they don't alter the file name.
>>
>>121731920
Just get CDisplay. It's barebones and you can customize the keybindings as much as you want.
>>
>>121727397
10/10
>>
>>121732017
I can't find it. pls help
>>
>>121731737
>50+ to 100+
So this is what newfags these days think is enough.
>>
>>121732159
>I can't find it.
What is it that you can't find?
>>
>>121727219
>Batoto so highly used and recommended among /a/
>seen in the file name

Bullshit
>>
>>121732080
That is the problem. There is nothing elite about a stinky weaboo.
>>
>>121727349
What does batoto mean anyway?
>>
>>121731896
Yeah dream on. There is nothing better than mangabee + stylish
>>
>>121732080
Considering that there are plenty of people in shitting on online reading as a whole, yes, it's pretty arbitrary.

Mostly for the reasons you said. Unlike with video, there is absolutely no difference in quality between downloading static images and viewing them online.

For anyone that has actually half-decent internet instead of a third-world shithole one, there's not going to be any significant difference in convenience between downloading a chapter and viewing it online.
>>
>>121727219
it's good quality
people should stop being elitist asperger retards.
>DURHUR I DOWNLOAD MY MANGA I ALSO SUCK 10 DICKS On a DAILY BASIS
Fuck off, holy SHIT. People that prescribe to this kind of rationale should literally off themselves at the soonest possible chance.
>>
>>121732224
It's much easier to read completed series and only actively follow really good, frequently updated stuff than wait through the hell of hoping someone will pick up the twenty series that have been dropped for four years and that you've totally forgotten.
>>
>>121732238
How to make it not jump page. (I tried Honeyview, Irfanview, and even GTK and ComicRack.)
>>
File: kJMmnN4.gif (977 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
kJMmnN4.gif
977 KB, 500x269
the reason why i don't Batoto, because when i load the home screen i see like 14 fucking chapters in Italian or Spanish. mother fucker do i look like someone who knows that shit.
>>
I use mangapark, I need the feature to have all pages on 1 tab
>>
>>121732394
>Considering that there are plenty of people in shitting on online reading as a whole, yes, it's pretty arbitrary.
There will always be parrots spouting shit they don't understand.
>>
Is kissmanga good?
>>
>>121727792
mangahere is another site.
>>
>>121732224
>he unironically reads shit

tip top kek you are a fucking pleb
die screaming bitch
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.