[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you watched more Japan Animator Expo shorts or just this one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
Did you watched more Japan Animator Expo shorts or just this one?
>>
another impact
>>
I watched Carnage. It was okay
>>
loli bath time
>>
Wathced all of them.
>>
All of them, and all of them are pretty terrible CGI written crapfests

If these shorts show the future of animation it's not a good future
>>
>>121494029
I liked Carnage
>>
>>121494029
Didn't even finish that one.
>>
>>121494029
I liked the one with the Giant robot vs Giant monster short, made me realize that Japan could still produce solid homemade Godzilla movies if it followed that kind of direction.
>>
>>121494344
I laughed that even simple pencil sketch animation had CG.
>>
Been watching them all, and pretty bummed that they took this pause.
I think Tomorrow From There is my all around favorite.
>>
>>121494529
Anno does all of those openings himself.
>>
I have watched everything, my favorite is this one:
http://animatorexpo.com/yamadeloid/
>>
>YOUTUBERS REACT TO ME!ME!ME!
>6 352 075 views

I don't even...
>>
>>121495343
normies, i swear
>>
>>121495146
The music videos were the best ones of the whole thing.

Yamadeloid, MeMeMe and that melancholic one with the depressed girl were just better than the rest.
>>
All of them. My favourite was the Gundam key animation thingy.
>>
>>121494344
CGI written? What does that even mean?
>>
>>121495343
I refuse to click that garbage or the garbage channel it belongs to.

How much do these X reacts to videos normally have?
>>
>>121495560
Usually a million views. They rake dosh like no tomorrow with these videos.
>>
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mememe

>>121495646
As expected of jews.
>>
>>121494029
Most of them
>>
Dragon Dentist had an interesting idea, but it was too short to really go anywhere with it. I'd watch an OVA for it.
Hill Climb Girl wasn't very good, and had too much shitty CG.
MEMEME is MEMEME. Everything that can be said about it already has.
I liked Carnage a lot. I really wish there was a Spaghetti Western Animu.
That collection of Key frames from Gundam was cool. I always liked seeing that kind of stuff.
The cockroach one was fantastic. That bit where the boyfriend has his freak out had just outstanding animation. Reminded me a lot from that skateboarding segment in the Animatrix.
Until you come to me was whatever
Tomorrow from There was one of my favorites.
Denkou Chojo Gridman was kind of cool, but didn't have enough substance.
Yamadeloid looked and sounded nice. Bit too much CG for my taste.
I loved the setting of Powerplant 33. Again, just not enough time in it.
Another Impact was something, it was kind of cool to see an Eva rendered like that. Not great, though.
>>
File: 1349863635374.png (273 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1349863635374.png
273 KB, 624x480
>>121494972

Just what you would expect from the master
>>
>>121494029
I can't play any videos hosted on Animator Expo, for some retarded reason.
It loads, then jumps halfway into the video (1:31 for MEMEME) and freezes with a black screen.
>>
>>121494029
I didn't even watch that one.
>>
>>121494029
I wouldn't even have watched that one if it wasn't spammed to hell and back. I don't think I finished it actually.
>>
>>121495146
What a very Japanese video.
>>
>>121495343
Gee, I wonder why our traffic has increased so heavily
>>
>>121494029
I've been keeping up with them since they began.
So far 20min Walk From Nishi-Ogikubo Station has been my favorite.
>>
All of the shorts have been great. The best are ME!ME!ME!, until You come to me, Cockroach girl, Evangelion: another impact and Carnage.

They deserve way more attention than what they are getting.
>>
The best thing about me!me!me! was this short segment where audio and animation was in perfect synch.
>>
>>121495927
>not finishing a 6 minute short
How's ADD treating you anon
>>
>>121495855
Torrent them then, stupid.
>>
I just rewatched Denkou and it's better than I remembered.
>>121496369
mememe wouldn't be nearly as good if it wasn't for teddyloid's music. Vagina space ship music was top notch.
>iclit
Yes, that's right CAPTCHA.
>>
File: 1422742107145.jpg (494 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1422742107145.jpg
494 KB, 1000x1000
>>121495665
"Meme's were a mistake." - Hideaki Anno
>>
nishiogikubo>Dragon dentist=tomorrow from there>gridman>mememe=>yamadeloid>power plant no 33>carnage>another impact>gundam>hill climb girl>until you come to me

or alternatively

>Top tier:
Nishiogikubo

>Great tier:
Tomorrow from there
Dragon Dentist
>Good Tier:
Gridman
>Okay Tier:
Mememe
Yamadeloid
>Average tier:
Power Plant no. 33
Carnage
Another impact
>Shit tier:
Hillclimb girl
Until you come to me
>Special tier:
Gundam
>>
>>121496699
actually, flip Carnage and Yamadeloid
>>
>>121496652
I like this idea, needs some work, but it is a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>121494029
I only watched it because /a/ was flipping their shit over it.
>>
File: 1360443032667.jpg (8 KB, 205x197) Image search: [Google]
1360443032667.jpg
8 KB, 205x197
>>121494029
I watched pretty much all of them.

I think the fact that MEMEME being the most popular short BY FAR so much it's known by normies is pretty telling about the way the industry work, or rather how fucking ironic it is that normalfags just keep trashing anime because of it's sexualized image as a medium, only for them to be ONLY interested to watch and talk about an anime when they are full of sexy.

And then they dare to try to justify their act by claiming the short is some sort of intelligent satire about those oh so disgusting otaku scum and their disgusting medium. No you pretentious fuck, you watched an anime with cute moe and sexy as hell girls and you liked it. Deal with it.
>>
>>121496699
Dragon dentist was really meh.
>>
>>121495343
How the hell did it get that popular. I thought it would just be one of the things that /a/ discusses for a week and then promptly forgotten, guess not.
>>
I watched Tomorrow from There and Hill Climb Girl.
The former was great. The latter - not so much.
>>
>>121496882
It got linked everywhere because of how 'crazy and weird' it was. I think it was at the top of leddit for a long time, so lots of normies saw it.
>>
>>121496865
I thought it was good. It actually had a story and the production was great.
>>
>>121496836
Ok let me break this down

To normalfags it's just some batshit crazy video
To pretentious fucks who don't actually watch anime but try to pretend they have "good taste" it's a sign of what's "wrong" with the anime industry
To people who actually tried to analyze it, it's just about the perils of escapism within the life of a hikkikomori
>>
This thread made me realize I was missing something for 4 months. Sometimes I feel like I browse different /a/.
>>
>>121496836
It's genius!
Make a satire of otaku culture by pandering to otaku culture with a few throw aways about how it's corruptive/destructive.
Otaku love it because they have a new waifu and ignore the commentary (not that they usually care about the commentary anyways)
Critics love it because they get to slam casuals and Otaku
Normals get an excuse to watch boobs and claim it's intellectualism whent their girlfriends walk in.
Win/win/win
>>
>>121495973
4chan might get some traffic but it's not the first place you go to. I think. More like the last.
>>
>>121497957
It is the first and only place I go to.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.