[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can people who read manga tell me the appeal? Why do you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 647x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 647x647
Can people who read manga tell me the appeal? Why do you like looking at storyboards?
>>
>>143034469
I like
>seeing what it took to make the episode from behind the scenes
>director's comments and notes to animators
>seeing rough sketches
>seeing scenes/angles that got cut
>>
File: 1465564295327.png (682 KB, 1226x813) Image search: [Google]
1465564295327.png
682 KB, 1226x813
There's honestly just a lot more variety in Manga than in Anime.

Only certain types of manga ever really get adapted
>>
>>143034469
There are a few draws to manga. It's more of a casual thing than anime. Anime requires your full attention while watching, while manga can be picked up and put down easily. Anime adaptations are often poorly done, which might only be noticable if you've read the manga. Manga will usually go into more depth in the story, and you'll lose out on lots of small details in the anime. Manga almost always has better pacing than anime as well. And there's the benefit of reading stories that will either never be adapted or long before adaptation.

All that isn't to say that manga is better than anime. A well done anime series offers a lot that manga simply can't. But it's rare for an anime adaptation to be better than the source material, and the truly great series are usually originals.
>>
I don't have ADHD
>>
>>143035196
Oh and there's usually less censorship in manga as well, which is always nice.
>>
So all you do is watch commercials? Because that's all anime is.
>>
Idiot
>>
File: 1466208301008.jpg (56 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466208301008.jpg
56 KB, 658x1024
>>143035437
Straight up burning these fools
>>
>>143034469
A lot of the time the manga is just done better than the anime. Not to mention that a lot of really good manga don't get anime adaptations
>>
>>143034469
Why do you like watching 20-30 minute long advertisements?
>>
>>143035437
>>143037488
While of course you're not wrong, it seems weird to paint an adapted anime as a totally commercial endeavor and the manga as somehow purer. They're both created with intent to drum up media sales.
>>
File: SONNY.gif (1 MB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
SONNY.gif
1 MB, 256x256
>>143037569
Nope, I'm not denying manga can be created for the sake of money, but that is not the problem it faces. See manga has to pander to the audience in the mangazine that they are published in to stay afloat. The anime is used purely as a marketing tool to make sales from a manga, usually when a manga is undergoing rising popularity.
Manga such as Blame, Dorohedoro, Akumetsu, Homunculus, are examples of manga that enjoyed a decent amount of popularity at their peaks. So why weren't they ever adapted into a studio anime adaption? Simple the source material was not only mature but lacked a tangible target audience.
I could give way more of an in-depth analysis but nobody would read it. tl;dr: Anime is for hardcore otaku who can spend money on the blu-ray, Manga being published in a mangazine->tankōbon opens it to a wider casual audience
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.