[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLACK GOKU IS ACTUALLY BARDOCK AND THIS IS HOW SUPER IS GOING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1466214985914.png (590 KB, 1600x1799) Image search: [Google]
1466214985914.png
590 KB, 1600x1799
BLACK GOKU IS ACTUALLY BARDOCK AND THIS IS HOW SUPER IS GOING TO INTRODUCE TOWA AND MIRA

CALLING IT NOW
>>
So I should only be concerned with DB, Z (Kai / Manga) and Super for Canonicity, correct?
My order of importance at the moment is:
1) DB, Z (Kai), Super
2) TV Specials (History of Trunks, Bardock, Yo Son Goku)
3) Xenoverse (Explains movies and GT as alternate timelines and gives explanation for alternate timelines/movies/GT and the Time Patrol's intervention with such)
4) Movies
5) GT
6) Various in-game shit (Plan to destroy Super Saiyans)
7) Heroes (as it is an amalgamation of everything above plus crazy ass AF level shit with zero regard for plot)

Am I missing anything?

Also, if I'm correct, the current structure is Timeline 1 = "Original" Timeline (Trunks' future, where time manipulation was first conceived by Bulma), Timeline 2 = Main timeline (DB->Z->Super), Timeline 3 is where our Cell came from and killed the Trunks that went to Timeline 4 (which also had a Cell games without Trunks and had a Cell that came from yet another Timeline erc. etc.)
And GT / filler / some of the movies are just alternate Timelines

And ALL OF THESE ALTERNATE TIMELINES exist under the umbrella that is Universe 7, correct? Or does each timeline have its own set of universes?
>>
>>142997873
I would argue that each timeline has its own set of Gods and thus universes due to the differences of events in the new movies and Super (and Super's manga, and Xenoverse, all of which have their own incarnation of Beerus)
>>
Dragon ball and dragon ball z(show) had a lot of fillers that the manga didn't. Do the fillers count as canon?
>>
>>142997873
Toriyama doesn't give a shit about canon in his own series. There is absolutely no reason why you should.
>>
>>142998002
no, they're alternate timelines. xenoverse implies as such when GT is stated to be an alternate branch of the timeline, just as trunks' future is. one could argue the anime itself is one big alternate timeline to the manga as it houses this filler, but games also have "what if" stories while covering canon. I think there's 2 levels of "filler", 1 is shit shoved into the anime like gohan's high school arc that could have very well happened, and level 2 is shit like the garlic jr. saga that directly correlates to a movie that canonically did not happen. it's safe to assume, then, that the garlic jr. saga just occurred in movie 1's timeline, and as soon as it ended we returned to canon material. we also have shit like pikkon that could have happened but is completely original and not ever mentioned again.
if you want to watch the show just take Kai as canon.
>>
File: dbztimelines.png (145 KB, 752x399) Image search: [Google]
dbztimelines.png
145 KB, 752x399
>>142998027
...and the Time Patrol is a way of rectifying his not giving a shit in an in-universe way. He at least covered timelines briefly in the Daizenshuu (pic related, not a screencap but info is lifted directly from the Daizenshuu) and the Time Patrol only furthers this concept
>inb4 it's a game hurr
It's also a way to have way more freedom in the series while giving an interesting view as to how all of these different aspects of "canon" and "non-canon" relate to one another.
>>
File: 1462217622978.gif (1024 KB, 218x228) Image search: [Google]
1462217622978.gif
1024 KB, 218x228
>>142998163
I should have played Xenoverse along time ago
>>
>>142998230
besides very rare exceptions like time machine (1960 movie), groundhog day and back to the future, everything that introduces time travel ends up garbage
>>
Nope. Black Goku is still Goten.
>>
>>142996617
>>142999081
Black called Trunks a "Saiyan" in a derogatory way, so he's probably not even a real Saiyan himself.
>>
>>142996617
xenoverse is never gonna be canon
>>
>>142998784
>time machine(1960 movie)
Read the book you fucking plen.

also play Chrono Trigger, it has time travel done really good.
>>
>>142997873
You've put too much thought into this
>>
>>142999370
Also, he only recently figured out how to detect Trunks' ki while trunks can't detect his. Which makes me think he has some kind of god-like powers or is magic or something. Not saying he is a god though. Or through some weird asspull he's an android.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.