[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's fix Toonami
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck is Toonami still broadcasting the same series like One Piece and Kai when there's a giant list of other series they could try out if/when they're dubbed if not already:
>Fairy Tail
>Berserk
>Akame ga Kill
>Fate/stay Night
>Needless
>Black Butler
>Log Horizon
>Shit ton more I can't think of
Kill la Kill is a good start, but one new show every 26 weeks and rerun after rerun isn't gonna draw more viewers and get more people into anime like the glory days.
>>
Well, they need good anime to broadcast, unlike the ones you mentioned.
>>
>>121423001
>>Akame ga Kill
Oh boy, I hope Adult Swim has the balls to air the scene where Bulat swipes Tatsumi of his virginity with a giant handful of peanut butter.
>>
File: akane smug.png (500 KB, 821x715) Image search: [Google]
akane smug.png
500 KB, 821x715
>>121423001
>Kill la Kill is a good start
>>
I want them to start broadcasting cute stuff and stop trying to appeal to the masses of adult men and teenage girls with tryhard edgy shows with long arcs (or anything they have to censor). Imagine if they had Keion? They'd get a huge crowd following on tumblr and the like.
>>
>>121423001
Because /co/ has low standards
>>
>>121423157
It's a good entry point into anime
>>
>>121423001
They're already fixing it, SAO2 will air soon.
>>
>wants to improve toonami
>also has shit taste

I forget, does toonami do non dubbed series? In all seriousness though your list is absolute garbage with Log Horizon and Fate/Stay Night being the only show on it above trash. While the manga is good the Berserk anime is trash, fairy tail is the worst popular shounen is recent memory, akame ga kill's anime and manga are trash, black butler leaves a lot to be desired.

There can be much better lists made of what to show, while still appealing to an american audience that doesn't like SoL.
>>
>>121423166
K-On, Free, Monogatari. Imagine how in the money Toonami would be if they picked up these shows. They should really stop airing bullshit like TTGL and Space Blandy because nobody cares about those shows anymore.
>>
>>121423166
>They'd get a huge crowd following on tumblr and the like.
Except for the fact large tracks of tumblr hate "cute" anime because it's apparently sexist.
>>
>>121423199
>Michelle Ruff voicing Sinon
Good. She's like Sawashiro's American counterpart in that she always voices best girls.
>>
File: toonami.jpg (67 KB, 655x580) Image search: [Google]
toonami.jpg
67 KB, 655x580
>>
>>121423216
>monogatari on toonami
yeah no
while a good series, the amount of reading with the subs would probably reflect away viewers.
>>
>>121423001

What they need to do is drop Naruto, its a ratings killer.

Dragonball Kai is needed to help get ratings going. Toonami made the mistake of not making Dragonball take up the 11:30 timeslot, it was bringing in more views then family guy.

One piece can stay late at night, its a decent follow up to the more action paced series.
>>
>>121423286
They can always air the French dub.
>>
>>121423001
>Sure, why not
>It doesn't need to be any more mainstream than it is
>It's shit, but it might pull in ratings
>Which one?
>Hell yeah
>Hell no, that's gay as fuck
>Yes
>Well think of some more then
>>
>>121423001
>wanting to do business with shitlords like Cartoon Network
>>
File: dfg.jpg (34 KB, 922x661) Image search: [Google]
dfg.jpg
34 KB, 922x661
>>121423234
Tumblr can't load on my computer with it's shitty interface and infinite scrolling, do you have a screencap of this at all? That's horrible.
>>
I can see Toonami airing Tokyo Ghoul in the future. It's shitty and appeals to edgy kids so it fits their profile perfectly.
>>
>>121423187
It's a metacommentary (inb4 2deep, it is), Sailor moon, DBZ, black lagoon, Mecha genre is entry anime.
>>
>>121423202
>I forget, does toonami do non dubbed series?
Nope. I think that's half the problem to be honest, some of those dubs are rage-inducing.
>>
File: SKINNYDIVING.jpg (186 KB, 852x471) Image search: [Google]
SKINNYDIVING.jpg
186 KB, 852x471
>>121423157
Yes, it's a good start because it's a newfag-tier anime. And if they can tell how shitty the second half is on their own than good for them. Plus the dub isn't completely horrible, they managed to do most characters justice though some of the pronunciations are annoying.
>>
You don't fix it, you let it rot away.
>>
>>121423410
Bryce Papenbrook should be banned by law from voice acting.
>>
>>121423216
Space Dandy was fine, it was a good show. Now we just have to think of a list of shows that both can appeal to americans and aren't terrible. In my opinion an argument could be made for these:

Psycho Pass
Full Metal Panic (Even though it's pretty trash)
Monogatari
Ben-to
Hunter x Hunter
Jojo's
Katanagatari
Mawaru Penguindrum
Moyashimon
Noragami
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (probably 2 jap)

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>121423001
Berserk on Toonami is a great idea
>>
Fuck off with this shit.
>>
File: Hisoka.png (395 KB, 943x527) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka.png
395 KB, 943x527
HxH getting a good dub

inb4
>dub
>good

If people care enough about a translation project, it can sound good.
>>
>>121423001
Toonami threads belong on >>>/co/ newfag
>>
Pretty sure Toonami is actually striving to improve themselves. Maybe we can actually put something together for them?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.