[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has no mecha series topped gunbuster in all the years past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 3023.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3023.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
How has no mecha series topped gunbuster in all the years past its release?
>>
I'd rather rewatch Gundam Seed than Gunbuster.
>>
>>121418357
>unironically enjoying a slideshow
You simply cannot be saved, you've fallen too far.
>>
>>121418390

Someone people are into coprofagia, what's your point?
>>
>>121418414
>slideshow

You have either eye problems, or brain problems, or both.
>>
It's called Diebuster

Go watch it
>>
Gunbuster was pretty good until they pulled a typical Gainax and blew their budget on episode 5, leaving 6 a close-cropped black and white slideshow. Even the climactic final battle was nothing more than a montage of the storyboards of the fight.

And no, as an animator I'm not of the opinion that episode 6 was handled as it was for "artistic" purposes. That's laughably naive.
>>
>>121418478
diebuster was the usual "believe in yourself and yell even harder and suddenly you can defeat anything!"
>>
File: Diebuster 54.jpg (284 KB, 1280x1834) Image search: [Google]
Diebuster 54.jpg
284 KB, 1280x1834
>>121418357
that's a good question, OP
>>
>>121418478
>replacing a delicious 80s aesthetic with horrible overdesigned modern Gainax shit
>>
Dozens have since. It's a good experiment of a mecha. But hardly the best.
>>
>>121418357
Yes, Diebuster.
>>121418549
Gunbuster was the usual poorly written 80s sci-fi.
>>
>>121418532
>and blew their budget

They didn't

>as an animator

Pfffffhahaha

>I'm not of the opinion that episode 6 was handled as it was for "artistic" purposes

It was, which shows how great of an animator you are

Go back to drawing stick figures or something
>>
>>121418532
But episode 6 was the most expensive episode.
>>
>>121418549
>>121418567
Yeah. Diebuster was better. Only slightly, as they're both literally 10/10s
>>
>>121418659
Diebuster: 8
Gunbuster: 7
>>
>>121418704
I think they're both poetry that capture both your imagination and your emotions, but okay. Everyone is entitled to their own ridiculous opinions.
>>
>>121418772
>valuing a tripfag's opinion ever
>>
>>121418805
Pretty sure every opinion here is just words on a screen that we ignore despite interacting with.

I mean, these words can serve as a catalyst, but if you're getting opinions from 4chan you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>121418549
Diebuster had much better developed characters and a more coherent theme. Not to mention way better animation.

>>121418567
>overdesigned
What the fuck does that even mean?
>delicious 80s aesthetic
Describing something with a time period as a positive adjective is the number one way to advertise your nostalgia goggles.

>>121418805
In this case he's correct faggot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.