[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did /a/ start to dislike Kill la Kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: wvapN4B.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wvapN4B.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
At what point did /a/ start to dislike Kill la Kill?
>>
I just watched episode 2 last night. I enjoyed the tennis match.
>>
When the fanbase started to get infested with tumblrtards
>>
>>121308648
When it went to shit!
>>
When it became mainstream, /a/ are hipsters :^)
>>
>>121308695
You're pathetic.
>>
Episode 1
>>
>>121308767
tumblr, plz
>>
>>121308648
after the valentines day episode.
>>
>>121308648
Long before it aired and we didn't have much info about it, it was getting pretty hyped so naturally it attracted shitposters.
>>
months before it aired, as soon as we found out it was going to be a thing.

don't you remember? are you new?
>>
>>121308792
What's wrong with episode 1?
>>
>>121308695
>>121308794
Hating something cause of a fan base is retarded. This show isn't worth much due to its own merits not how land whales feel
>>
>>121308648
>/a/ is one person
It went to shit starting from ep.13, then got progressively worse. Only reedeming part was that Jew who got beaten by a stick up his ass.
>>
When Nui got a cop out ending cause Imaishi a bitch.
>>
>>121308850
How could you dislike an anime about wearing clothes?
>>
Literally after the last episode.
>>
Shitposters were around before episode 1 and, like with most shows, they only became worse after it was over.
>>
>>121308854
nothing, just most people here are retarded
>>
when it started airing
>>
Right around the time the second half started and everything about it shat the bed.
>>
>>121308872
The show was pretty mediocre already, and being unable to discuss it at a decent level ruined it for me
>>
The problem with Kill la Kill was that it started strong, but then it totally spun out.

Ryuuko conquers the school in like 3 episodes. What happens?
>WELL, SHIT. SOOOOOO...DO IT AGAIN!

Nudist Beach
>WAIT, GONNA STOP YOU RIGHT THERE; THEY'RE IRRELEVANT.

TRIGGER you're really starting to fucking annoy me
>CHAMBER DIES; LEDO CRIES.
wrong animu.
>>
kill la shit? more like asspull the anime
>>
>>121308942
I get it, but most the time when people blame a fan base for being bad they're usually being just as bad. But yes, this show wasn't above a 5/10
>>
>>121308648
Episode 4 (I think) when they used terrible, terrible CGI for a battle and I realized I just wasn't having fun or enjoying watching it at all.
>>
>>121308906
/a/ are sluts and prefer nudity
>>
>>121308906
clothes are dumb. it is a dumb concept.
>>
>>121309052
Episode 3. Episode 4 was the "funny" Filler episode.
>>
>>121308648
Beginning was ok. Tournament arc was meh. Nui's into was when it started to go downhill. The field trip was shit, and everything after it just kept getting worse. I think there was a scene when she jumped out on the bike while collecting senketsu fragments and don't lose your way started playing again as she did the same fucking move and one shotted the fodder and I realized I was an idiot for ever thinking Imaishi might direct a good series.
>>
File: the moment klk turned to shit.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the moment klk turned to shit.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I don't claim to speak for /a/, only myself, but pic related is when it all starting falling apart. This exact moment.
>>
>>121309085
Oh yeah, Episode 3 was what made me think it wasn't going to be great and Episode 4 being shitty filler with unfunny jokes and terrible animation was what made me really go "Yeah, no, this isn't going to work."

That said, I still did watch a couple more episodes but when I didn't even enjoy them I just gave up.
>>
when I realized there was never going to be a nude beach episode or a battle against the swim team where senketsu turns into a swimsuit
>>
>>121309105
Nui's intro*
>>
When Nui was introduced and proceeded to ruin the show
>>
>>121309063
Nudist pls go
>>
File: Mako_Mankanshoku_-_Final_02.png (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Mako_Mankanshoku_-_Final_02.png
1 MB, 3840x2160
I like Mako. She is best girl. The show on the whole was meh, though.
>>
>>121309167
Every scene that Nui was in that didn't involve her being injured (even if she had some deus ex machina shit happen in the next scene) was absolute garbage. Episode 13 and the subsequent arc were fucking shit. Fuck that little shitstain and fuck Imaishi for thinking she was a good idea.
>>
>>121309279

Some people really fail to understand that Banchou Mako is the absolute best there is.
>>
>>121309272
i have a right to be here sir
>>
File: mako.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mako.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>121308648
I'm having a lot of fun rewatching it on Toonami with /co/. The English dub is amazing, even better than the original, much like Panty & Stocking.
>>
>>121309206

Nui wrecked the show, the show recked Nui.

Karma I guess?
>>
>>121309395
That's the only good part about her. I still got butthurt whenever I remember her interrupting the fight in episode 12 and using her Looney Toons bullshit to calm Ryuuko down.
>>
>>121308693
It's all meh after the first episode, mate.
>>
>>121309429
why not just go to a sports game with your friends
>>
>>121308648
Kill la Kill disgusts me deeply. Inferno cop is vastly superior.
>>
When it became "serious" near the halfway point. I mean, it still had comedic moments, but I just didn't enjoy it much after that.
>>
I didn't, the 2 final episodes were disappointing as hell but I tend to remember the good parts of it over the bad. Satsuki is a miracle of the universe.

KLK threads are usually shit and filled with trolls and haters so I'm getting the fuck outta here.
>>
>>121309488
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>121309601
Back to /c/ with your kind.
>>
>>121309625
are you such an idiot you cant even tell when I am calling you a normie
>>
Post-Episode 3 it was pretty bad. It had some minor peaks like Nui's intro, Nui's existence in general(Best girl right there), and 18 was okay. But the Battlefield Trip and pretty much everything after it, bar 18, was awful. Should've been a one-cour series.
>>
File: best.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
It all fell apart after this episode. It went from "saving anime" to "just another anime".
>>
>>121309718
You have no idea what a normie is I guess.
>>
>>121309844
It was never saving anime. Go back to /v/, cancer.
>>
>>121309833
It had some great moments, but had the bad habit of not following through and failing to deliver to the hype
>>
When 50+ KLK threads were active in the catalog. Every other thread turned into KLK shitposting.
>>
>>121310013
True. I'll admit that episode 5 looked really good, but unfortunately, not good enough to wash out the taste of how awful it gets later on.
>>
>>121310022
I really loved that. I wish we can have something like that again sometime soon.
>>
>>121310119
same, ah well.
>>
>>121308648
The majority of the hate started after the last episode.

I can't blame them because the second cour as a whole was a piece of shit.
>>
>>121310072
That was the last good episode. Then they trivialized his character, went into that stupid Nui shit, and the field trip was garbage. Ryuuko's angst phase was beyond abysmal.
>>
>>121308648
Right away, it's shit.
>>
>>121308872
The main reason for my enjoyment of this show were the /a/ hype, the specular shit and the threads so while I generally agree with you it was different in this case, at least for me. The show itself wasn't as good as the hype made it seem to be.
The threads went to shit around episode 15 or something when we saw Satsuki's other side and all those retarded waifu shitpost- and shipper wars began. There were there before though but it became so bad around this point that you could barely post anymore without getting retarded reactions from any of those fanatics.
>>
>>121308975

shit la shit? more like asspull la asspull
>>
>>121310119
I fucking hated that. The only good threads were Nui threads, and not just because I'm a total Nuifag. They were the only threads that had decent, civil, discussion. Satsukifags had threads filled with really fucking creepy worship and the Ryuukofags were all "Babby's first waifu" fags who posted pages upon pages of awful fanfiction.
>>
File: 1394731852339.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1394731852339.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Everything after episode 20 where Ryuko goes edgy and runs off was bad.

Except for Bancho Mako returning.
>>
It wasn't an exact moment but rather the point when I realised that the whole plot was just going hither and thither without ever being consequent. It was always something happening which was more or less revised in the next episode or sometimes even only a few minutes later.
>>
like spinning donuts in your front yard

awesome at first, but once you're done you realize its just a big mudpit
>>
>>121310201
The hype was definitely real especially with episode 19 or so getting a sticky along with 20 other threads up at once. I usually pick up 1 show a season from just /a/ hype alone so I know what you mean.
>>
I guess a lot of people didnt like how fast paced it was, which personally I did. I mean, the anime wasn't to be taken that seriosuly anyways, almost everything was a homage or a parody. So when A fight only lasts 3 seconds or something is solved with Looney Toon Cartoon Logic, it kinda divided people?
Personally I liked how everything moved along quickly, I hate it when fights,arcs and angst are drawn out.
My only real complaint is that Nui is almost completely unnecessary, without thinking too hard.
>>
>>121310635
>fast paced
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahah
what
>>
File: 1423445824275.jpg (49 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1423445824275.jpg
49 KB, 500x385
The thing is everyone was exited because Imaishi and Gurren Lagann's reputation. I and many others wanted it to be good, and the first few episodes really made it seem like it was heading in a great direction.

After that though is was asspull after asspull and it went from promising to mediocre. I think few people here really think it's a legitimately bad show, it just did not live up to anyone's expectations.
>>
>>121310723
But Gurren Lagann is shit.
>>
It was shit, but it was fun, GAR, shit.
>>
>>121310720
Retards think it was fast paced. All it actually did was go nowhere at light speed. Imaishi has a knack for directing stupid shit like that.
>>
>>121310299
>Satsukifags had threads filled with really fucking creepy worship
Her fans were all masochistic betas who got theirs in the end.
>>
I think it just became a bit too serious later and it would have been better without that alien plot.
>>
First half was alright, the second half was when the series lost its way. It felt like they didn't care about story and did whatever the hell they wanted.

It was originally going to be one cour, but Imaishi kept scrapping scripts. Why do the second cours always suck?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.